PU AV Crabominable (QC 1/1) (GP 1/1)

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Crabominable @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat / Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Assault Vest Crabominable has been surging in viability recently; its typing, access to Drain Punch, and overall bulk that is furthered augmented by Assault Vest allows it to blanket check a plethora of special attackers such as Aurorus, Omastar, Lilligant, and Manectric. Crabominable is able to come in against passive Pokemon like Clefairy and Type: Null and severely dent them with its STAB attacks. Its ability Iron Fist greatly bolsters Ice Hammer's power, letting it OHKO bulky Oricorio-G and 2HKO Clefairy with only 8 Attack EVs. Crabominable can also run a few other options to help with team weaknesses. For example, Pursuit can be run to trap Haunter, while Stone Edge can be used to hit Pokemon like Froslass harder. Although Crabominable is a fantastic special wall, it struggles against Fire- and Fighting-types like Combusken and Gurdurr, so teammates such as Qwilfish are valued. It also suffers from a mediocre Speed tier, meaning that it will have a hard time against faster wallbreakers such as Aggron.

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake

for this set, swap close combat and drain punch around, then slash stone edge with close combat. when i've used it i've rarely found a situation that i've 100% needed close combat over drain punch

Assault Vest Crabominable is a set that has been surging in viability recently; its typing, access to moves like Drain Punch, and overall bulk that is furthered augmented by Assault Vest, allows it to blanket check a plethora of special attackers such as Aurorus, Omastar, Lanturn, Lilligant, and Manectric (hm, yh it does check lanturn but crab does not want to be burned; maybe something else). Crabmoninable's special bulk allows it to even tank Psychic from Specs Mesprit (i'd cut this bit to save character count. while it does just about take it, it isn't a good indicator on how to use it as it doesn't even kill back in return). Crabominabe (crabominable) is able to come in against passive Pokemon like Clefairy and Type: Null, and severely dent them with its STAB attacks. Its ability Iron Fist greatly bolsters Ice hammer's (caps) power, KOing Bulky Oricorio-Sensu (oricorio-g...) and 2hkoing Clefairy with only 8 attack investment. Crabmoniable (crabominable) can also run a few other options to help with team weaknesses. For example, Pursuit can be ran to trap Haunter (pursuit also traps the fuck out of aurorus lol), while Stone Edge can be used to hit Pokemon like Froslass harder. Although Crabmoniable (crabominable) is a fantastic special wall, it struggles against Fire- and Fighting-types like Combusken, Primeape, and Gurdurr, so teammates such as Qwilfish are valued (don't recommend qwilfish as a primeape match-up, lol). It also suffers from a mediocre speed tier, meaning that it will have a hard time against faster wallbreakers such as Aggron.
Crabominable. QC 1/1.
yogi-QC-small.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
add remove comments
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat / Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Assault Vest Crabominable is a set that has been surging in viability recently; its typing, access to moves like Drain Punch, and overall bulk that is furthered augmented by Assault Vest allows it to blanket check a plethora of special attackers such as Aurorus, Omastar, Lilligant, and Manectric. Crabominable is able to come in against passive Pokemon like Clefairy and Type: Null, (RC) and severely dent them with its STAB attacks. Its ability Iron Fist greatly bolsters Ice Hammer's power, KOing Bulky letting it OHKO bulky Oricorio-G and 2hkoing 2HKO Clefairy with only 8 attack investment Attack EVs. Crabominable can also run a few other options to help with team weaknesses. (remove doublespace)For example, Pursuit can be ran run to trap Haunter and Aurorus, while Stone Edge can be used to hit Pokemon like Froslass harder. Although Crabominable is a fantastic special wall, it struggles against Fire- and Fighting-types like Combusken and Gurdurr, so teammates such as Qwilfish are valued. It also suffers from a mediocre speed Speed tier, meaning that it will have a hard time against faster wallbreakers such as Aggron.

1/1

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Sorry to intrude, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but yogi how does Pursuit trap Aurorus?

8+ Atk Crabominable Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 106-125 (27.3 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO <- that's with Pursuit doubled to 80 BP, you're barely doing more than a switchin to SR.

That seems confusing to me as someone who doesn't know the meta, so I think you should find a way to clarify that

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to intrude, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but yogi how does Pursuit trap Aurorus?

8+ Atk Crabominable Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 106-125 (27.3 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO <- that's with Pursuit doubled to 80 BP, you're barely doing more than a switchin to SR.

That seems confusing to me as someone who doesn't know the meta, so I think you should find a way to clarify that
Because of your ability almost completely wall it. Tho tbf the scenario is a bit abstract so it should probs be removed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)