SV OU AV SLOWBRO Balance Peaked #5 (2019 ELO)

Favourite Tera Type On Kingambit?

• Fairy

• Fire

• Flying

• Dark

Results are only viewable after voting.
:sv/slowbro::sv/cinderace::sv/dragapult::sv/great-tusk::sv/kingambit::sv/garganacl:
Hello everyone and welcome to my third rmt of the generation,been a while since I made a new rmt,major reasoning being making a rmt takes quite a long time and I was too lazy to invest that time in making a rmt,that was until now since I felt I had to let the presence of slowbro be known and that its still very much viable even though it lost teleport so let's start off the rmt!

Table Of Contents:
1.Proof Of Peak
2.Teambuilding Process
3.Pokemon Description
4.Threats
5.Replays
6.Conclusion

7.Importable

1.Proof Of Peak
slowbro.png

(Ik its #6,but same elo so ye :zonger:)

2.Teambuilding Process
:slowbro:
So I was looking through the lower tiers to see potential mons I could build around with and slowbro caught my eye,in the past I disregarded using it over slowking this gen because slowbro lost its ability to pivot with teleport,but then I thought it still has its amazing bulk and regenerator with future sight and it being able to run body press which slowking can't run giving it a merit to be ran,so I decided to start building with it.
:slowbro::cinderace:
Cinderace+Future Sight is always a fantastic core so first mon I slapped on was this,it also gave me ability to court change hazards and spread burns and pivoting with u-turn.
:slowbro::cinderace::great-tusk:
Mandatory.
:slowbro::cinderace::great-tusk::kingambit:
Kingambit+Future Sight is also an amazing core being able to pressurise its most common switchin;:great-tusk:early on puts an insane amount of pressure on opposing team,this also gave me a ghost resist being able to come in on dragapult and gholdengo;both of which slowbro doesn't like.
:slowbro::cinderace::great-tusk::kingambit::dragapult:
This gave me some necessary speed control for the team while also being another burn spreader while also being extremely threatening.
:slowbro::cinderace::great-tusk::kingambit::dragapult::garganacl:
Lastly I added garganacl to to give me a good spdef wall,wincon,another ghost resist to help my slowbro and dragapult and to help me against my stall mu since before that it was a bit rough.

3.Pokemon Description

:sv/slowbro:
Stepbro (Slowbro) @ :Assault Vest:
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 48 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Future Sight
- Body Press
- Ice Beam
Even with the loss of teleport,slowbro is still amazing in the tier! I went with the av set since it can't teleport anymore so the only non attacking move I would run would be slack off,but since I have Cinderace+Great tusk I have complete control of hazards and hence I can just rely on regenerator as my sole healing.By running assault vest as it's item you make it insanely tanky and are now are able to run coverage for everything you want,surf is for stab,future sight is stab and a very important move,body press is for :kingambit:, :baxcalibur:,:roaring moon: and other pokemon which tera steel and ice beam is for all the dragons and tera flying mons running in the tier,you can also fish for ice beam freezes as a wincon in a long game since you will have multiple opportunities to click it.
Tera Type: Initially I was running water but never rlly ended up teraing into it and the times I wanted to tera,I wanted to become a type that doesnt have any common weakness with its current typings,hence I decided on tera fairy.Funny thing being I only tera'd slowbro once in my entire run with this team,this is also another merit of it over slowking,which is that it doesnt need to tera in most cases.
EV's:Max hp for maximum bulk and most regen healing,8 spe to outspeed :amoonguss:,48 spdef to live 2 specs iron valiant moonblast,rest in defense for physical bulk and powering up body press.
:sv/cinderace:
Bunny Joint (Cinderace) @ :Heavy-Duty Boots:
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change
As I mentioned earlier already,this mon is a fantastic pair with future sight thanks to future sight helping vs its common switchin's like :great tusk:,:toxapex:,:dondozo: and such,after I started using its bulky wisp set I haven't gone back,this set is simply incredible in this meta.It spreads burn on all the pokemon that come in on it which helps in making progress quick while also u-turn spamming to giving the team better positioning,court change makes all hazard stack teams think twice before setting hazards and also helps as a temporary volc check.
Tera Type:To become immune to ground moves
EV's: 32 atk is to ohko choice scarf gholdengo with pyro ball,max speed to speed tie roaring moon and other ace rest in hp to let it stay against a lot of stuff letting it spread burns easier and have a easier time coming in.(I have a great ev spread resource which has this spread alongside many more mentioned which you can find by clicking here)
:sv/great-tusk:
Tuskuthy (Great Tusk) @ :Leftovers:
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 188 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
Well it's great tusk,what to say about this mon;it's the only actual hazard removal pokemon in this tier while being very physically defensive and having a high base atk stat letting it do massive dmg,this pokemon will be the hazard setter for the team,knock off helps in forcing progress and rapid spin to full proof the hazard control paired with cinderace.
Tera Type:Water is a very good defensive type in general,this also helps you vs rain matchups and helps in resisting make it rain from gholdengo letting you stay in even if you are low and knocking it out with earthquake.
EV's: 16atk is to have a 50% chance to kill scarf gholdengo with earthquake,speed is just for speed creeps of opposing tusk and rest in max hp and defense to take physical hits better.
:sv/kingambit:
Erebus (Kingambit) @ :Leftovers:
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance
Edit: You may use iron head over low kick if you wish to for the tera fairy mons.
As you all may have seen by now,everyone has started running max atk max speed kingambit,some even opting for jolly just to be faster than opposing gambits but what everyone seems to have forgotten about is how amazing spdef kingambit is,it easily chews hits from :dragapult:,:gholdengo: and manyyy other special attackers comfortably.I opted for low kick over iron head even on bulky gambit because i am running future sight which dark types are immune to,so they try to come in on the turn future sight is gonna hit and thats where the low kick comes in dealing massive dmg:ting lu:,:hydreigon:,:roaring moon: and even ohkoing :kingambit:
Tera Type:By turning into tera fire you become immune to wisp and flame body ,a lot of teams rely on wisp or flame body to handle kingambit and tera fire invalidates that,this also resists moonblast meaning if need be you can tera against specs iron valiant and take hits from it comfortably.
EV's:at 56 atk adamant there is a jump point,meaning when you go from 52 atk ada to 56 atk ada you gain 2 points in your atk stat instead of 1 hence maximizing your ev usage,rest in max hp and spdef
:sv/dragapult:
Hades (Dragapult) @ :Leftovers:
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 160 HP / 56 Atk / 152 SpA / 140 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
This pult set is easily the best in the meta right now even though specs is a close competitor,It spreading wisp,utilizing its mixed stats,high speed,and subbing on fat mons after wisping just make for a killer combo and there isnt much else to say about this mon,it just does its job insanely well and consistently,ace's wisp help in spreading status quicker making hex more and more deadly and spammable.
Tera Type: Fairy is chosen as it's tera type so that it can be immune to dragon type moves from mons like :dragapult:,:baxcalibur:,etc. and kill them back
EV's:Speed is to speed creep dragapult who run speed to outspeed +1 adamant dragonite,atk is to kill 4 def roaring moon with ddarts,hp is to live a knock off from offensive great tusk or a ice shard from choice banded baxcalibur and rest is dumped into spatk to have hex do more dmg
:sv/garganacl:
Mav's Eater (Garganacl) @ :Leftovers:
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Block
- Curse
- Recover
After the shed tail ban,garganacl has taken a huge W,its always been good in this meta,at one point it was a bit too good,then during shed tail meta it become mid and now its gotten good again.This mon is the spdef sponge for the team and main stall destroyer thanks to block and paired with slowking future sight,you should never ever lose to stall with this team :)! Another reasoning for block was to trap and eliminate/setup on the annoying mons for the team so that garg can either 6-0 the team right there or remove the annoying pokemon opening up the path for rest of the mons.
Tera Type: Water is chosen so that it can setup on gholdengo and also resist water moves thrown at it and water is a fantastic defensive typing by itself anyways thanks to it having only 2 weaknesses.
EV's: Just max max for as much special bulk as it can have and 12 speed to speed creep other pokemon creeping it.

4.Threats
1682261999354.png

Since we don't have a grounded poison on our team,there is no tspikes absorber.Your way to handle it is by correct positioning with ur cinderace or great tusk trying to keep these off your side and if you cant position immediately then play in a way that your are only switching between pokemon that are immune to tspikes on the team till you are able to position in to cinderace or great tusk and remove them.

:sv/garganacl:
This threat is moreso for the less experienced players,while against a well played garg even a experienced person would have troubles,its still managable;your way to handle it is by first going into great tusk and knocking its lefties off,then going to ur own garg and salt curing it and then going to slowking and future sighting and then just pivot around and it will switch out automatically since it will be burning through those recovers quick.

:sv/Skeledirge:
Majorly the tera fairy tera blast dirge,against it you have to knock its item,dmg with fs+salt cure and continuously try to force it to healing and not giving it free turns but even then I agree that the matchup is very tough since our gambit doesnt have iron head,tho by not revealing low kick you can bait that you are iron head and force it to switch out.

:sv/iron valiant: :choice specs:
This is the case with almost any balance,since balance teams are usually slow and fat,iron valiant gives a very tough time,but this team has a lot of way to play around it ,slowbro can live two hits,u can tera fire ur kingambit,garg eats, and you also have 2 pokemon faster than it,try to limit its turns as much as possible and you should be fine,but if you give it free turns it can become problematic.

:sv/meowscarada: :choice band:
Since cb meowscarada is not seen much you are usually fine,but in the rare case you fight one ,remember to start playing very aggressively and doubling predicting its moves and try to position/finish the game quick.

5.Replays
(I forgot to save most of my replays during laddering so make do with the ones I have)
vs Hazard stack: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1849086747-4e0tvtb81apokkajy0fzpbivcoeiedppw
vs Beat Up Weavile HO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1848698880-64z5r1k5yostrz5s0fm2z6h1azcexfxpw
vs Scarf Meow+Specs moth+band pult: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1848674222-hj4i5mos4wnn0ktzep40adhu4y86xvtpw
vs Scizor BO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1848473194-5q2p9p1fp1cs0m0cx7llclflnfu3ooupw
vs Stall: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1847206222-1j44as8q3kdk9bo1iowz58r0tnh4b83pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1847054771-0650q3j4e8ew10appc3ofvsyzdvstenpw
vs Tspikes+Booster wake: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1846455384-hr5syn5ps6jpnjgo55hox2jjjcsehm9pw

6.Conclusion
I am glad I was able to make a successful slowbro team and hope that other people realise its potential as well now,I don't know when I will make my next rmt because these take too much time to make lol.
Also Just wanna shoutout some friends with whom I talk daily cuz why not :) Savouras (He probs still eating his breakfast trying to dodge me for the 1 millionth time) sufys12 (Touch grass) AgencyIsOwn (draft god(totally)) RggV (Oh no where did my trash mudsdale rain go!)
7.Importable
AV Slowbro Balance: https://pokepast.es/d685f0566ea20d0a

Last edited:

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Been using this team and enjoying it a lot. Very minor but specifically Tera Fairy Bax is a big threat to this team. Sets up on Pult and easily 2hko's everything on the team. I found Iron Head over Low Kick on Gambit very useful to deal with it and also other random Tera Fairies like Dirge and also Valiant especially with the Tera Fire on Gambit. Grats on the peak and obviously very well built team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)