SV OU AV Special Dragonite Slow Offense Peak #1 2067

1681969112308.png

Introduction

One very sleep deprived night, I was preparing to sleep after playing a little bit of my favorite ou metagame ever made and my mind was fresh. Mainly in complaints about 2 very annoying moths :Iron Moth: and :Volcarona: So in my mind came two sets that could stop the moths from annoying me too much AV :Dragonite: and Tera Blast water :Gholdengo: While one of them could work fine I had an even more evil idea, combining them into my anti moth legion and due to them having good synergy in terms of typing. After that I needed a goal for this team and the idea for me became decently simple, Use a strong wallbreaker to break through bulky teams/and help vs offense and use a 4 attaxks kingambit to help vs opposing gambits and focus on endgames with hazard support and patch it up with a Pokémon that helps vs hazards, keeps up momentum, and answers threats. As a result I ended upon a unorthodox build around forcing chip throughout the game with hazards and using natural defensive synergy to help vs wallbreakers.

Peak
B18ACE68-7908-45EC-AF74-17C361D47419.jpeg

Before using this team I was around 80-80.4 gxe and over ~25ish games was able to do this.

The Team

1681970671012.png

Ting-Lu @ Red Card
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Heavy Slam​

This is easily the glue and the MVP of this team. It has 1 role, to set up as much hazards as it desires. The natural bulk+ability lets it take hits insanely well to maximize turns, but when it gets disgusting is Red Card. If they have any mon that can two shot like :Iron Valiant: CC :Great Tusk: etc, they hit you, they swap as you get up a hazard. If you get good rng they can go into a Pokémon that gives you more hazards. Then you can either set up another or whirlwind onto the switch in forcing more chip. Combined with :Gholdengo: to help them stay on and Tera ghost for emergency spin blocking, we are going to make sure these hazards will be here as long as we can. Heavy Slam to punish :Hatterene: who also wants to stop us from having fun. It’s also important to note that this isn’t a dedicated lead, while around 90% of games it was led, saving it also works well. Other than that everything is simple, The evs let it take hits and it still disrupts the same stuff as other

1681971123786.png

Dragonite @ Assault Vest
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunderbolt
- Extreme Speed
- Flamethrower​

The bulky Dragonite has arrived. I initially used Physical then mixed, I ended up on a special set with espeed because Dragonite is adverse to doing more than 95% in a single hit and to help with how slow this team is. This serves as a general special check to :Iron Moth: :Volcarona: :Gholdengo: while abusing Tera fairy as a general defensive Tera and helps vs :Dragapult: :Walking Wake: and :Iron Valiant: The 3 special moves just are here to maximize damage vs balance teams with :Toxapex: :Dondozo: :Gholdengo: :Amoonguss: and serves as a good bait for :Great Tusk: that helps Gambit. 92 speed reaches 219 for jolly :Kingambit: and max special attack with the rest in hp to take hits and deal damage. While a very unorthodox set, I can say it puts in a lot of work if it decided to be nice and hit hurricane.

1681971712930.png

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Tera Blast
- Make It Rain​

Commiting some crimes of modern Pokémon here by dropping ghost stab on a ghost Pokémon, But instead I’m busy getting walled by toxapex. This evil ghold set helps vs :Cinderace: who likes to switch hazards around :Volcarona: and :Iron Moth: who like to switch in and can twave :Kingambit: :Toxapex: and whatever other answer people have. Even outside that Twave+Nasty Plot+Tera Blast water and make it rain allow it to annoy stall unless blissey can magically never get full parad and forcing a Tera on clod. Water in general is an amazing defensive and offensive type and baits in the fires ghold hates. He also is the thing that keeps up hazard with the spin+Defog immunity and balloon and helps with the speed issue. 224 speed reaches 260 to creep adamant dnite and rest in hp.

1681972093791.png

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Iron Head​

The main Wincon of the team and a defensive answer to ghosts and itself. No SD might seem weird but with :Baxcalibur: weakening or killing defensive mons, this normally has a ver easy lategame vs weakened teams. We have Jolly for other low kick :Kingambit: to force at worse a speed tie though we can usually force a twave on it. Tera Flying is for :Great Tusk: and does flip the Type chart to be neutral/resistant to old weaknesses. Leftovers was chosen as this team does switch a lot so just having passive recovery vs :Gholdengo: helps a lot. Other than that nothing else to mention other than this does what it normally does and be a very funny Pokémon.

1681972411628.png

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard​

Another simple set and Pokémon. It’s main role is to break. Adamant +2 just destroys anything that isn’t a steel type and Tera dragon runs through :dondozo: and anything else. I chose loaded dice because icicle crash is weaker and can miss so I’m not playing that game and rather be weak to rocks. Ice shard over eq to add another priority and help vs offense in general. Bax def has the least defensive profile of this team but whenever he does find his way on the field, try to break the gambit checks for it lategame.

1681972679130.png

Glimmora (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Corrosion
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- Mortal Spin
- Spiky Shield/Toxic​

For the final slot, Specially Defensive Glimmora rounds the team up. The big issue to me was toxic spikes+hazards+valiant and to combine these issues together I chose Glimmora. While not the best remover due to steels, Earth Power even Uninvested will hurt a lot with Hazards up helping too. Corrosion over Toxic debris is due to how prepared teams are and helps :Amoonguss: :Toxapex: :Glimmora: and if you choose toxic :Iron treads: and :Kingambit: spiky shield is also an option just to rack chip/scout. Dazzling gleam also rounds up coverage as many flying are weak to it and combines with tera fairy as both a defensive and Offensive Tera. 44 speed reaches 219 for jolly :Kingambit: and rest in hp/spedef.

Scary Pokémon.
:Iron Treads: he likes to spin and he does so easily

:Hydreigon: Sub Np requires very aggresive play to deal with

:Meowscarada: Banded can chip the team easily

:Garganacl: Tera water is insanely threatening, usually have to read the Tera from preview and save Lu to try to position late game.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1847138265-vvoz6wpem5om9olcv1ptrum9k3cs45qpw - The game for #1, Glimm was really threatening this game and surprise factor forced misplays around dnite.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1845915082-m2tvze55w5xukcj8zyvqy2icf4oirvcpw - just a solid game vs ho, got disrupted early with taunt hzoro

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1844330254-8w6kuqg0zc8iyhuy8fdpjfqn6203w68pw - Ting Lu put in overtime

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1844304361-v21a7zc5wdq76x5skscdvhvcfoi5qqppw - Another Ting Lu destruction

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1845049082-igmbsyiyr1hxrh6wz5u8gxahtlxcdllpw - Ting Lu+ghold forces a comeback mid game

Conclusion

While this team is unorthodox I’ve found it to work very well and the synergy between typings is very fun to work with. Red Card Ting Lu has greatly surprised me in how good it is and spikes remain insane. This team is weak to opposing hazard stack and is slow but I’ve found myself to revenge kill relatively easy and be able to just out hazard other teams. It also abuses non hdb spam balances greatly and even hdb spam has to deal with Sd Bax. Offense is also decent due to just the natural bulk being good for this team allowing safer plays. Overall while not the most beginner friendly team I’ve found it fun if you can give it the time to learn and get used to and was able to expirement with some more niche sets that were a lot better than I expected
Somehow forgot to add this

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Disclaimer: try to chill with the shitposting had to delete some comments, please focus on rating the team or asking questions if you have any.

Cool team, I'm a big fan of Red Card Ting Lu it's pretty genius because it can take hit for days 99% of the time. I like it in conjunction with Gholdengo when it comes to hazard stacking pressure.

Can't say I'm a fan of Shadow Ball being dropped or AV Dragonite but I'm glad this team has worked for you. Grats on the peak friend.

great team! no shadow ball on ghold is wack, but it’s a great anti-meta set. (also happy to see an actual good player using low kick gambit.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)