SV OU AV Tentacruel + 2 Booster Energy Future Paradox Balance (or BO)

Intro
This is the first time I posted team on Gen 9 OU RMT, because I prefer posted on team bazaar on simpler format. After DLC-2 Indigo Disk, SV OU become more balance oriented rather than offensive. So I wanna build balance/BO team around :tentacruel:. I think Tentacruel is have a niche in this metagame due to access on rapid spin which is very important to removing hazard. If only cruel have good ability like regenerator, its definetely better than Toxapex.

Team Building Process
1. :Tentacruel: This team start with cruel that as a rapid spinner
2. :Tentacruel: :Gliscor: :Archaludon: Gliscor and Arch is defensive backbone of this team for setting hazards. Gliscor is covering Cruel's electric & ground weakness while Arch is covering psychic weakness
3. :Tentacruel: :Gliscor: :Archaludon: :Iron Valiant: :Iron Boulder: I'm adding both Iron for offensive role. Valiant is more specially mixed and Boulder is full psychical. Both speed tier is very good expecially with Booster Energy
4. :Tentacruel: :Gliscor: :Archaludon: :Iron Valiant: :Iron Boulder: :Meowscarada: I'm choosing meows as the last member to complete Psychic-Fighting-Dark offensive core and as the only pivot

Team Showcase

Tentacruel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
Cruel have good base 120 SpD, with fully invested on special bulk along with Assault Vest and we have very bulky special wall that have role compression for spinner and toxic spikes absorber. Surf & sludge bomb is to deal damage, Knock off to remove items and also hit ghost mon that immune to rapid spin. I don't use flip turn on Cruel because its base 100 Spe is to fast for bulky slow pivot. Tera grass for removing its electric & ground weakness to resistance

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Spikes
Gliscor main role is to setup spikes and annoy enemy sweeper with toxic. Max EV on physical bulk covering Cruel poor physical def. Earthquake is its main damaging moves, Protect is for scouting and also gives more time to poison heal. Tera water for removing its water & ice weakness to resistance

:sv/archaludon:
Archaludon @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
Arch is also physically defensive with its really good ability in Stamina that have very good synergy with Body Press to hit steel coverage. Sadly it doesn't have recovery moves besides leftovers. Draco Meteor and Flash Cannon is its main STAB dealing damage. Tera Fighting to eliminate its weakness and get STAB to its Body Press.

:sv/iron valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Shadow Ball
- Encore
Valiant is 1 of 2 booster energy speed user in this team, providing more on special than physical attacker. Moonblast is its main damaging moves, Close combat is preferred over special fighting moves to hit mons like Chansey/Blissey. Shadow ball is used to hit Gholdengo. Tera Fairy to strengthen its already strong moonblast by 1.33x

:sv/iron boulder:
Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mighty Cleave
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
Boulder is the second booster energy speed user that is the main sweeper/cleaner of this team thats even faster than valiant. Boulder while having 4 moveslot syndrome, I'm choosing dual stab (Mighty Cleave is a must) + close combat. Psycho Cut have more consistent that zen headbutt 90% accuracy. Tera Fighting to remove its crucial dark weakness when facing kingambit and also get STAB on Close Combat.

Meowscarada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- U-turn
Meows is the only pivot in this team, providing psychic immunity from future sight attack. This is normal set for with dual stab, u-turn, & triple axel with boots. Honestly, Meows is the member I doubt the most on this team so I need feedback if there is a better replacement. I also don't know which Tera to choose, for the time being I choose tera ice to increase Triple Axel damage.

Outro
I don't have peaking proof of this team since I played on low ladder from new alt account. The most problematic thing so far is :Kyurem: because of Freeze-Dry have no switchin, there is nothing I can do defensively against Kyurem and I hope its getting banned. I'm looking for feedback on this team from someone who play it on high ladder.

Importable
https://pokepast.es/5c97a547b94122f6

Last edited by a moderator:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hi! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!
To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.
Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

Can anyone help me to strengthen my team vs Kyurem since its not banned?
Maybe replacing Archaludon with someting else since its now being suspect tested?

I need community input to improve my team

Can anyone help me to strengthen my team vs Kyurem since its not banned?
Maybe replacing Archaludon with someting else since its now being suspect tested?

I need community input to improve my team
Glowking is one of the better counters for special sets, and arch beats physical. I would honestly replace meows for a hdb Glowking so that you can switch into Kyurem multiple times. Depending on what you want, Glowking can either use toxic or twave. I recommend Toxic and Slack Off in order to weaken or beat Raging Bolt, as that also looks quite threatening without a ground type on your team.
Here is the set:
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Slack Off/Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb/Slack Off
- Toxic

Glowking is one of the better counters for special sets, and arch beats physical. I would honestly replace meows for a hdb Glowking so that you can switch into Kyurem multiple times. Depending on what you want, Glowking can either use toxic or twave. I recommend Toxic and Slack Off in order to weaken or beat Raging Bolt, as that also looks quite threatening without a ground type on your team.
Here is the set:
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Slack Off/Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb/Slack Off
- Toxic
thank you for your recommenDation

but if meow replaced with glowking, how to
deal with gholDengo?

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
DD Kyurem will have Tera Ground Tera Blast and Specs will have Earth Power. Glowking is not very good agaist Kyurem ad CHilly Reception will just make it stronger.

WHat I suggest would be SpD invested Corv(with bulk-up maybe) instead of Tentacruel as a hazard remover and a way to deal with kyurem. IF you do use corv then remove stealth rock on Archalodon for Iron Defense or coverage. It can also Pivot if you need to.

Becuase this is a bulky offense I would also replace Meow for bulky SD Kingambit as a set-up sweeper.

DD Kyurem will have Tera Ground Tera Blast and Specs will have Earth Power.
DD Kyurem does carry Tera Ground TB, but it doesn't even 2HKO Arch at +0, and Arch can always just Tera back in order to Draco/BP.

Glowking is not very good agaist Kyurem ad CHilly Reception will just make it stronger.
Specs Kyurem clicking EP doesn't KO Glowking, and Glowking can either Tera into Fairy or just switch into Gliscor who is completely immune to Earth
Power and can use the opportunity to get up spikes or potentially a Toxic.

WHat I suggest would be SpD invested Corv(with bulk-up maybe) instead of Tentacruel as a hazard remover and a way to deal with kyurem.
What the hell is SPDF Corv: 252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 177-208 (44.2 - 52%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. This isn't even counting Tera Ice, which easily 2hkos even before rocks. 2hko on a neutrality isn't that good when the counter Tera options are limited to Water, Steel, Fire and Ice, 3 of which Kyurem has Super Effective coverage for, and the last of which is a godamn Tera Ice which basically means you are taking lots of damage from hazards and are now weak to Fighting and Steel.
IF you do use corv then remove stealth rock on Archalodon for Iron Defense or coverage. It can also Pivot if you need to.
Yes, remove rocks on Arch in order to get a worse matchup into specs kyurem.

thank you for your recommenDation

but if meow replaced with glowking, how to
deal with gholDengo?
You can deal with Gholdengo by replacing Psycho Cut with EQ on Boulder. Then, in matchups against Air Balloon Ghold, it will likely lose its air balloon when switching into Tentacruel, removing its immunity to EQ. You don't really need psychic coverage anyways, you have Future Sight, Draco, and Moonblast to weaken Tusk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)