XY OU Avante Palestra

Avante Palestra

Introduction

You got your boy Destiny Device here, bringing you one of XY's last top teams. I built this after the Mawile and Aegislash bans, when Bulky Offense emerged as a top playstyle in OU. I wanted to build something that could deal with the top threats in the metagame defensively, while still being able to pressure the opponent. The team may look incredibly standard right now, but it really wasn't that standard back when it was built. I am not a ladder player, but I've had quite some success in tournaments, winning my first Smogon Tour, preforming well in POCL, and getting to POT finals (only to lose to this team). ORAS is coming, and in my opinion, this team perfectly reflects the final state of the XY OU metagame, although it fared better about a month ago than it does now. I think this just outlines how good and effective Bulky Offense is and proves you don't need to have a hard counter for everything on the game to succeed, which is why I'd like to share this team with the community. The team's name and the members' nicknames are tributes to Brazil's greatest football team's 100th anniversary. Please enjoy Avante Palestra! Vai Verdão n__n

TeambuildingProcess

After Aegislash and Mawile got banned, a number of "new" threats started to emerge, mostly because Aegislash restricted the usage of many Pokémon in XY OU. In fact, some people were even scared that the Aegislash ban would make Gardevoir, Medicham and Heracross too much to deal with. While Medicham was somewhat of a disappointment, Gardevoir and Heracross became insanely good, so why not try one of them? I chose Gardevoir, since by then Landorus-Therian was on the rise and everybody was really scared of Heracross.

While Gardevoir is an amazing Pokémon in XY OU, of course it has its flaws. Gardevoir can't really do anything to Mega Scizor, which is also insanely good, and is prone to being revenge killed by faster Pokémon such as Choice Scarf Tyranitar. In order to cover those and take advantage of the huge pressure Gardevoir exerts on Latios and Latias, I decided to go for Keldeo, which gives me another heavy hitter.

Gardevoir and Keldeo pair up really well, but then again, they share some flaws. Landorus-Therian is really annoying, outspeeding both as long as its scarfed and hurting them a lot with Earthquake. Talonflame also pretty much raped both, which is bad. I'm not a big fan of Rotom-W (I'm more of a Rotom-F fan (badum tss)) as it is just so easy to wear down and is usually forced to spam Volt Switch, but I didn't have much of a choice here. Fit like a glove.

Right, everything looks fine. However, I noticed how hard it would be to actually switch in on Latios multiple times, seeing how Keldeo allows it to come in easily. Keldeo also gives Mega Gyarados and Azumarill free turns to set up or spam their powerful moves (as long as Scald doesn't burn), which I couldn't really switch into. Landorus-T's U-turn spam could also be really annoying, as it would wear Rotom-W down really fast when paired with Stealth Rock damage. Speaking of Stealth Rocks, I also needed that. So why not just go for Ferrothorn? Covers everything I need to right now, and is just a good 'mon in general.

Although this little core is really solid, it is too... specific. I needed not only an emergency button, but also something that could provide offensive momentum and allow Gardevoir and Keldeo to come in and spam their powerful attacks. Catdorus-T would fit really well while barely bringing in many weaknesses...

... not. I needed something that could hold the team together, checking dangerous threats reliably and providing support to allow everything to work properly. Rotom-W could also be really annoying, and I didn't really have anything that could wear down solid defensive cores, most of which are usually prepared to deal with both Gardevoir and Keldeo. Speaking of Keldeo, I couldn't deal with it either. Then I noticed Mew would fit in really well, acting as a good all-around "Special Wall" while being able to check many dangerous threats, wear down many defensive cores, Knock items Off relevant threats and spread burns. Its main counters, Heatran and Charizard-X, were already covered, so no worries.

InDepth

DJALMA SANTOS
(Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower​

Landorus is one of the most common Pokémon in XY OU, and for good reason. Not only is it incredibly strong, it is also just fast enough to outrun a couple of relevant threats and, courtesy of Intimidate, bulky enough to come in on a number of dangerous physical attackers such as Mega Pinsir, Mega Charizard X and Terrakion. Having such a fast and strong Earthquake is really useful for cleaning and all, but everybody knows Scarf Landorus' biggest selling point is U-turn. In many matchups, all Landorus is going to do is to click U-turn like crazy. Landorus-Therian forces many switches against good players, as they will usually know when to preserve a Pokémon. I usually just U-turn, grabbing up offensive momentum and allowing Keldeo and Gardevoir to come in safely. Intimidate ensures that, even if I do misread the game/the opponent takes a risk and the opponent stays in, whatever comes in next usually won't be hurt. This may look like a standard XY coinflip, but in reality it is a win/win scenario most of the time as long as Landorus doesn't U-turn when it's too risky. If the opponent switches out to Skarmory, Gliscor, Rotom-W and other common Landorus switch-ins, Gardevoir or Keldeo can come in easily and pile on the pressure. Of course Landorus is also useful outside of U-turning: Stone Edge is pretty much the team's best answer against Mega Charizard Y, and Landorus-Therian is also needed to defeat non-WoW Mega Charizard X variants. Personally I find Superpower more useful on the last slot as it ensures Landorus-Therianwon't get in a series of coinflips against Mega Gyarados (as Rotom-W forces it to go mega) when Ferrothorn is already weakened, while also hitting Balloon Excadrill and other relevant threats. 224 Speed EVs and a Jolly Nature ensure that Landorus won't be outsped by Dragon Dance Mega Charizard X, even though it became a lot less common after Slowbro and Landorus itself have risen so much in usage. I never decided between Adamant and Jolly, since, again, DD Mega Charizard X isn't common. However, I didn't notice a huge difference in power between Jolly and Adamant either, so Jolly is, all-in-all, safer. No need to get any faster than 300 at all. Having an odd HP number is extremely helpful for Landorus, as Stealth Rock is usually its biggest enemy. Landorus-T, however, is useless against Stall.

ROBERTO CARLOS
(Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp​

Mew is a really good Pokémon that, even though it was definitely held back by Aegislash's presence, it could pull its weight back then, as it could win many matchups alone. I noticed this back on WCoP, when a lot of US East players were using Mew constantly. Mew could also 6-0 the regular "Brazilian Sand" team easily and did well against most matchups as it was a heavily underprepared threat by then. While most teams have better Mew checks nowadays, it remains just as good as before. Packing up incredible Special bulk, few relevant Special weaknesses (mostly to Dark Pulse) and amazing overall utility, Mew is a great asset to the team. It is also extremely useful against Thundurus, a big threat to the team, and Keldeo (most of the time) while shutting down common defensive cores. I know most of those run Heatran, but hear me out. The most widespread Gardevoir check is Heatran, and once it loses its Leftovers, Heatran is a lot easier to wear down by chip damage. Mew is also a great switch-in to Rotom-W as it doesn't care about burns as much as Ferrothorn or Gardevoir. It also forces many teams to do risky plays and get important members crippled as Mew is incredibly hard to take down without an obvious counter such as Mega Charizard X, Heatran or Talonflame, and this is extremely helpful overall. Even though I used to run Defog frequently, Taunt is usually the superior option as it helps A LOT against Stall, most Clefable variants and many other threats, while Defog is useful to keep Gardevoir and Landorus-Therian healthy during the match. Again, Taunt is better most, if not all the time: keep in mind removing Stealth Rock helps Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir a lot, and they are really threatening to the team. I also speed creep a bit so I can deal with opposing Mew better most of the time, as those usually don't surpass 260 Speed.

O DIVINO
(Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Substitute / Focus Blast​

Gardevoir is an amazing Pokémon with a great typing, great movepool, nice stats and great utility that was held back by Mawile and Aegislash. Few common Pokémon enjoy switching in on Hyper Voice, all of which hate the residual damage the team stacks with Rotom-W, Landorus, Ferrothorn and Mew. Having a strong Fairy STAB is really good in OU and there are few scenarios where Gardevoir will do anything other than just keep spamming Hyper Voice. Psyshock acts as a secondary STAB and allows Gardevoir to deal damage to common Fairy resists such as Amoonguss, Venusaur and AV Azumarill, who can be defeated after some prior damage, paving the way for Keldeo to wreck havoc. Calm Mind is useful because Gardevoir tends to force a lot of switches usually. That, coupled with Psyshock, allows Gardevoir to break through Chansey, while Focus Blast allows Gardevoir to go through Ferrothorn and Heatran with a bit of prior damage, while also hitting Fast Mega Scizor really well. However, Substitute turns Heatran into a complete sitting duck provided Gardevoir traces Flash Fire. SubCM Gardevoir also takes advantage off Stall's passive nature, usually having a plenty of oportunities to use Substitute and then CM, usually resulting in a win (see replay #2). I run Timid over Modest so I actually stand a change against opposing Gardevoir and Mega Charizard Y, which are huge threats to this team.

VALDIVIA
(Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-Wash may not be as good as people think it is, but it is also not that bad, as does what it got do do most of the time. Rotom-W can hold its own against against Landorus, Talonflame, some Scizor variants, Bisharp in case Keldeo is extremely weakened, Gengar and all Greninja variants that don't run Hidden Power Grass, which therefore drop Hidden Power Fire and lose to Ferrothorn, even though Rotom can't take them all together and can't even take some of those more than once. I guess you could consider Rotom-W "overloaded": it is needed to check so many things but it can't really check them all reliably through a match. It is also extremely predictable. However, even though it has its flaws, Rotom is a great asset for the team not only because it checks all of the dangerous threats previously mentioned, but because Volt Switch allows the team's "win conditions" to come in, forming a small "Volturn" core with Landorus and allowing me to generate momentum on the match and start to pressure the opponent. While running so much Sp. Def may look like it's outdated, 248/104 allows Rotom-W to switch in on Greninja's Dark Pulse after Stealth Rock safely roughly 95.3% of the time (40.1 - 48%) and on Keldeo's Specs Hydro Pump 100% of the time (37.5 - 44.4%). Outside of that, just standard Rotom-W.

EDMUNDO
(Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind / Focus Blast​

Keldeo is extremely important for the team, keeping things such as Bisharp and Heatran at bay and being able to do a lot against any remotely passive team, as pretty much nothing on those enjoy taking its STABs repeatedly, specially Scald, as things such as Venusaur and Azumarill will get completely crippled 30% of the time they switch in on it. Considering it's an all-around strong STAB with no drawbacks, there are few reasons not to spam Scald early on most matches. Of course Hydro Pump is useful too, as it is ridiculously powerful and is needed to 2HKO burned Slowbro and Mew after Stealth Rock, among others, but again, Scald is just better most of the time. Latios being on the rise may hurt pony a bit, but Latios actually allows Gardevoir to come in, allowing the team to keep exerting offensive pressure and suffocating the opponent. I usually run Icy Wind on the last slot because it does a ton to Lati@s and forces Venusaur to use Synthesis on its first switch-in, allowing me to retain momentum while also making sure things such as Dragonite and Gyarados don't get out on control while they set up. However, many things actually set-up on Icy Wind, and I'm not exactly weak to Gyarados or Latios at all, so Icy Wind is rarely used, to be honest. While it may seem retarded, Focus Blast is actually not that bad on Keldeo, as it simply obliterates even 252/252+ Alomomola, a really good Keldeo check, and Suicune before it sets up (64.1 - 75.7%), but then again, this slot will barely be clicked at all.

MARCOS
(Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock​

Ferrothorn is one of the most important members to the team because it checks a ton of dangerous threats, from regular/Mega Gyarados to Azumarill and Kyurem-Black, while also providing Stealth Rock and being generally very durable unless I mess up and stay in on Heatran or something. Speaking of Stealth Rock, this team could never work without it. This team wins relying on the switches it forces: Keldeo, Mew, Gardevoir and Landorus-Therian are really good at that, racking up residual damage and wearing the opponent's team fast. Stealth Rock also keeps Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir away, both of which are extremely annoying against this team. However, I am usually not naive when trying to get rocks up: Ferrothorn is way too important in almost all matchups and should be preserved unless Stealth Rock proves to be more important that it is itself. Leech Seed is ridiculously important as it stacks up residual damage while keeping Ferrothorn healthy, making it a lot harder to wear down. Leech Seed is extremely spammable on most matchups overall since it also gives me a lot more freedom to switch out afterwards. Protect is useful to make sure things like Choice Banded Talonflame aren't gaining an advantage against Ferrothorn while providing it with an extra turn of Leftovers and maybe Leech Seed recovery, which helps in not letting the opponent have momentum on the match. I opted to run Gyro Ball over Power Whip because Power Whip doesn't hit many things outside of a Keldeo locked on a Water attack and the rare Gastrodon, while Gyro Ball ensures Ferrothorn can threaten Latios, Mega Gardevoir, Kyurem-Black and Gengar, but of course Power Whip and even Knock Off can be used. Ferrothorn's EV spread was designed to make sure it always lives Timid Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice + Focus Blast without needing to Protect on the first turn as this forces a coinflip with Calm Mind sets, which I like to avoid. Specially Defensive Ferrothorn also fares really well against Kingdra and Kyurem-Black, which would plow through the team with next to no effort while retaining enough physical bulk. Ferrothorn spreads usually don't make much of a difference overall, though.

---

OtherOptions

Defog Mew: Really not recomended, even though I used it sometimes. The thing is: the team wins a lot more from having Stealth Rock up than it loses by taking Stealth Rock damage. Only Landorus-T and Gardevoir actually care, and that will rarely be an issue. Defog Mew means that Mega Charizard Y pretty much annihilates the team before the match even starts.

Thunder Wave Ferrothorn: extremely useful against Sun as it can cripple Mega Charizard Y on the switch-in. However, there isn't much Ferrothorn can drop to make space for it, and even after being paralyzed Mega Charizard Y is still a threat.

Latios over Mew: even though Mew is this team's heart and soul, Latios can be used to cover the team's weakness to Mega Charizard Y. However, this will rarely mean much, as Mega Charizard Y is paired with a pursuiter, usually Tyranitar, most of the time, which will force you to doubleswitch to Keldeo more than often, which is way too risky. By running Latios the team also gets significantly more offensive and therefore less sturdy.

Wish Gardevoir: Wish Gardevoir works on the team because all members enjoy Wish support and all of Gardevoir's counters, most notably Jirachi, hate getting burned. This could really put in some work, but it makes Gardevoir significantly more passive, which means it isn't as scary or strong as Calm Mind Gardevoir, making the team as a whole more passive.

Run Speed on Rotom-W: I don't really think this is needed, but Rotom-W can run some Speed to make sure it doesn't get outsped by Jolly Azumarill... not like this is common or relevant, though.

Run 252/252+ Gardevoir: doesn't make much of a difference: 24 EVs in Defense assure Gardevoir is a safe Latios switch-in. While this may look like an incredibly specific scenario, there are barely any valid reasons NOT TO run 24 Def EVs, as Gardevoir will OHKO, 2HKO and 3HKO literally the same Pokémon.

Knock Off Landorus-T: useful for Gengar, Latios and general utility, as Knock Off is a really nice and spammable move, but Superpower is useful for hitting Balloon Excadrill. Both are usable.

Threatlist

Mega Charizard Y: well, even though this has gotten somewhat rare, Mega Charizard Y is one of the biggest threats to the team and there is little that can be done about it. Your best bet is keeping rocks up and pressuring the opponent with Landorus-Therian and Keldeo, but that isn't guaranteed to work. See "Other Options".

Clefable: god this is annoying. Clefable can wreck the team without much effort if I allow it to get at least one Calm Mind. Gardevoir works for some time - if it traces Unaware - while being able to keep it under pressure, and so do Keldeo and Landorus-T. Mew can shut it down as long as it is running Taunt, which it really should most of the time.

Gengar: Life Orb Gengar wrecks this team in the same way it wrecks most Bulky Offense teams. No wonder is got so popular recently. The best you can do it to keep Keldeo and Ferrothorn perfectly healthy and take Gengar off with Landorus on the late game. Rotom-Wash can come in on it once without rocks up.

Mega Heracross: while not a big threat, Heracross is annoying because it forces Landorus-T to come out. If Landorus-T comes in on Heracross, it will be severely weakened and will be forced to U-turn out, resulting in a disgusting coinflip. If you can't afford to send in Landorus, you got to sack something. Try to keep the beetle under pressure by Gardevoir and Keldeo whenever possible and it's not that hard to play around. See replay #3.

Keldeo: Mew can deal with it, but SubCM can win if given the chance. Make sure it doesn't keep its Substitute for long and Volt Switch to Landorus so you can take it down. Choiced Keldeo usually loses to Mew, Rotom-W and Ferrothorn together as it can't lock itself on Secret Sword without allowing Gardevoir to come in.

Landorus-Incarnate: just as annoying as it is to any team lacking Specially Defensive Gliscor and Latios. Rotom-W can come in once as long as it does not carry Focus Blast, snatching back momentum. Keldeo can come in and revenge kill it, and Landorus-T can take a Psychic and Knock Off its Life Orb or finish it with a Stone Edge. Mew can deal with most variants, too, and even if it doesn't, it takes its Life Orb away at worst, which already makes it a lot less threatening.

Hawlucha: this has been on the rise recently and it is really hard to deal with since it pretty much doesn't care about Landorus, being able to set up on it and then proceed to sweep. Just don't let it SD and Gardevoir can take a hit. However, it is hard to keep it under pressure since it can set up on both Mew and Landorus. Rotom-W, however, can take a hit, and Keldeo outspeeds most variants before it gets the Unburden boost. See replay #4.

Mega Gardevoir: annoying. Ferrothorn, again, can take it once but it must remain healthy through the match to do so. Mew can cripple it unless it runs Taunt, Landorus-T can hit it hard and so do Keldeo, but they can't OHKO Gardevoir and Gardevoir can OHKO them. If everything goes wrong, my own Gardevoir can try to win the speed tie.

GeneralMatchupGuide

vs. Stall: good matchup, usually. Stall has difficulties dealing with both Gardevoir and Keldeo, so it's not that hard to take advantage of that and suffocate the opponent. As you can see in replay #2, I got mercilessly raped by that combo and there wasn't much I could do. Take advantage of the fact that Doublade is a ridiculously bad Pokémon in general and wear it down, then get Gardevoir to sweep. Keldeo also works most of the time. Just keep applying constant pressure. Stall, in general, means a winnable matchup.

vs. "Italian" HO: nice/balanced matchup. Even though Mega Pinsir is dangerous as hell, Rotom-W and Landorus-T tend to deal with it decently, while Mew can burn it and Keldeo and Gardevoir can OHKO it, giving it little to no space to Mega-Evolve. Diggersby can be played around with Keldeo, Landorus-T and Ferrothorn as it can't really set up on anything. Ferrothorn tends to be trapped by Scarf Magnezone, but it can get Stealth Rock up regardless, which is its main job in that matchup. Once Ferrothorn faints, Pinsir essentially can't set up or even Mega-Evolve.

vs. Bulky Offense: balanced matchup. Take advantage of Rotom-W and Landorus-T to give Gardevoir and Keldeo free turns, and get rocks up with Ferrothorn if needed. Gardevoir may look like dead weight against teams with Jirachi, but it can pull its weight as long as you can find time to set up. Mew tends to lure in Heatran, paving up the way for Mega Gardevoir.

vs. Hyper Offense: decent matchup. Landorus-T and Rotom-W do really well, but don't risk them unless it's needed. Landorus-T really does work on this kind of matchup, specially if you manage to get rocks up (which usually won't be hard, as Keldeo tends to bring Latios and Azumarill in). Mew can cripple most common assets to HO teams, so take advantage of that. Also use it to make sure your opponent can't get rocks on the field: this is really bad for Landorus-T. I guess you can consider replay #1 as being against HO, if not a hybrid of HO and Bulky Offense.

vs. "Volturn" HO: reasonable matchup. Mew does really well as Heatran is a rare sight on such teams, and Gardevoir can wreck most teams lacking Mega Scizor. If so, they obviously aren't running Mega Manectric, which is usually replaced by Raikou, whom gives a lot of free turns to Ferrothorn unless it Volt Switches a lot, which gives Landorus-T room to come in when needed to turn the tables around. Greninja can be quite the threat under the right circumstances, though.

vs. Sun: hard matchup thanks to Mega Charizard Y, which does really really well against the team. You must keep Stealth Rock up at all times to make sure it doesn't have the space it needs to launch its powerful attacks, which is ridiculously hard considering it can come in on Ferrothorn all day. Stalling Fire Blast's PPs/Sun's turns is a viable option if you can get Mew to come in without getting roasted. This team archetype, however, has been getting rarer and rarer recently.

vs. Bird Spam: hard matchup as Rotom-W tends to get overloaded and Landorus-T can't perform miracles. Whoever uses this team must perform really well to go through this matchup and must keep rocks up at all times while making sure your opponent has no room to Defog, spin or breathe at all.

Importable

DJALMA SANTOS (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

ROBERTO CARLOS (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

O DIVINO (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

VALDIVIA (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

EDMUNDO (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

MARCOS (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Replays

#1 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-21304 - tour final.
#2 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-23104 - dealing with Doublade Stall. The team is being used against me. Also, POT finals match.
#3 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-23380 - dealing with Mega Heracross.
#4 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-23585 - dealing with Mega Gardevoir and Hawlucha.

ShoutOuts

No individual shouts, but I'll tag some friends/people I like. I hope I don't forget anyone. n__n​

Special shouts to Valentine for helping me in formating and etc <3

Jirachee fingerscrossed Sinclair Drugs Tesung Logic. sugarhigh Carloos Century Express el poeta dEnIsSsS KratosMana Lord Elyis papai noel Sand Castle Kirigakure SoulDragonite Soulraiser e7e Tomahawk M Dragon Nelson HeIIraiser Adam DracoMalfoy Dekzeh Danilo Hantsuki n_n kael CyberOdin Leftiez ben gay PDC Flan76 StarkGod thomas9779 ABR radianthero156 MetalGro$$ Stathakis Jukain ShootingStarmie zdrup15 Brazilian Army The Kyle Nejikage xtra$hine Nog The DragonKnight IAmGingy Wiz T7 Srn

+WECAMEASROMANS: omg DD you gonna make a RMT? :3
+Destiny Device: yes :3
+WECAMEASROMANS: tag me pls ill luv you <3
+WECAMEASROMANS: even be like
+WECAMEASROMANS: shoutout to ma boi WECAMEASROMANS for sucking ass at this game

If I forgot to tag you/you want me to tag you just let me know

That's it, hope you guys enjoyed my first RMT. Thanks for reading! n_n
inb4 Palmeiras gets relegated again

Last edited:

Valentine

Banned deucer.
hey echelon, solid squad here. i really do feel like this team is an excellent representation of what the metagame became after the aegislash and mawile bans. this team helped popularize stallbreaker mew, and balance in general, which led to many metagame changes like dark pulse greninja. obviously, there isn't much to suggest, since moving pokemon around just opens new weaknesses. congratulations on a very well made first rmt, and thank you for letting me help with it.

Great team ! I prefer Knock Off > Superpower because i think Air Balloon Excadrill is not a threat for your team. A lot of Excadrills are Sand Rush w/ TTar, so Rotom-W can wall it. Superpower doesn't have the surprise effect because of Scy s' RMT. But maybe it is a personnal preference.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah great job buddy, this team has been really influential, and has contributed a lot to the promotion of Balance as a playstyle. I have some personal preferences, so I'm just gonna post them here: Mega Heracross looks like it's really annoying (if played well, lol @ replay), so I'd alter Mew's Speed EVs so you outspeed it once it's in its Mega forme. Even though Landorus gets more annoying, you have Rotom-W to play around it. Secondly, becuase you have Superpower Landorus-T for Mega Gyarados, I think running a Sassy nature on Ferrothorn would be better. This lets you live Hyper Voice + Focus Blast from Modest Mega Gardevoir, which lowers the amount of risky plays you'd have to make with Mew and Landorus-T. Aside from this the team is perfect :] Again, great job buddy, looking forward to your next one already :D for that one I want a shoutout y/n

Mew @ Leftovers
Abiltiy: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpD / 164 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

:toast:

Last edited:
this team is great, i shamelessly stole it and it carried me to like 2050 points on the ladder tournament cycle 2 o_O

however, i used a lot less speed on rotom (just enough to outspeed jolly azu), because i feel the team can get overpowered by flying spam kinda easily, especially with a rotom this frail!

also, substitute is better than focus crap on mega gardevoir, and this replay explains why, especially when the ladder is filled with italian HO :P

lastly, palmeiras sucks LOLOLOLOL ->

Fantastic team. I used Focus Blast>Cmind against opposing bulky offense with great success. Replacing cm helps because bulky offense lack switches to 3 atks garde and it forces switches allowing you to sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)