Avatar: The Legend of Korra first official trailer up

Been following this pretty closely since it was announced since Avatar is one of my favorite cartoons ever :) It was originally supposed to be 13 episodes, but they changed it to 26, hopefully the growing excitement will make them want to change it again :) iirc Korra learns Water, Earth, and Firebending before the series starts, and has to learn Airbending from Aang's son. Also, according to Avatar Wiki, there was some info about the anti-benders revealed at Comic-Con...

The anti-benders, called Equalists, hate bending for an unknown reason, but they are also benders <_< many of them can Chi Block (Like Tai Lee) to stop Benders, and they are NOT related to Energybending.

Honestly I don't think it will be as good as The Last Airbender, but it will still probably be fun to watch and WAY better then anything else on Nick.

AJers

Your typical e-wench
I'm looking forward to it! I loved the Avatar series; but I will probably wait until after the season is over before I watch the episodes regularly because I'm too impatient and hate waiting for the next episode. Besides, I always forget when shows are on, :)

I've been pretty hyped for this since I found out about it. A:TLA was one of the best things Nick ever came up with. I don't really see any reason for it to be bad. They did a great job the first time around. My only worry would be cameos from the previous series. I don't want them to be overdone. I suspect Aang will show up a time or two, probably in a something like the way Roku would show up.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I suspect Aang will show up a time or two, probably in a something like the way Roku would show up.
I can't see this happening for one reason: how could they get past the fact that an old Aang (with a beard?) would kind of weird people out and look like a new character, whereas a young Aang would just seem silly, because the new character actually looks older than he was. I also can't imagine Aang with a broken voice.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I can't see this happening for one reason: how could they get past the fact that an old Aang (with a beard?) would kind of weird people out and look like a new character, whereas a young Aang would just seem silly, because the new character actually looks older than he was. I also can't imagine Aang with a broken voice.
If he does, he'll probably look like that statue of himself in the trailer (for those of you that can't see it, he's 18-28ish).

But no, it'd be hilarious if they pared everyone up in the serious with a romantic counterpart (Katara and Aang is obvious, as well as Mai and Zuko, but the rest are up in the air), and Sokka just ended up alone.

Also, if any of the original characters are still alive, am I the only one pscyched to see a teenage/adult Toph?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Another Avatar fanboy here. The original was beyond amazing and I hope the Legend of Korra can hold up. Although it'll really suck if she has no supporting characters. IMO the supporting cast made avatar into a masterpiece. Toph, Sokka, Katara, etc those characters were amazing.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
What kind of fight is that?
Toph would fuckkkkk up Zuko. Not even mentioning metal bending his swords, she'd rape him.

Pretty picture though ^^
I took this from some guy who made a bunch of stuff for what he assumed would be an Avatar set 5 years in the future (unfortunately not going to happen). And besides, its the only good picture of adult Toph I could find on the internet.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Equalists hate benders because of the whole Fire Nation annihilation the air nomads and nearly wiping out the rest of the world. That makes you think pretty negatively of bending. That or its similar to Ghetsis and team plasma, they want to be the only benders. I'm really hoping they can match the supporting characters (Toph/Sokka/Zuko) and main enemies (Oazi/Azula), but I'm not sure how that's possible.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Wow this better be cool. I have high hopes for the anti-benders and that the supporting cast can have at least one Sokka or Toph.

I really hope the sequel doesn't ruin the original shows legacy. I mean I don't want to hear stuff like "The original was good, but everything after it (the live action movie and Legend of Korra were letdowns". Also, I'm curious to see if the Equalist will be as badass as Azula.

Why the hell are guys talking about teenage Toph, etc.

This show is set 100 years after the events of the first Avatar. Aang and co. are likely dead.

I loved Sokka and Toph but it could potentially be a bad idea to try and make one of the characters "like sokka" or "like toph." when you try to have characters fill the shoes of old characters, it ends up being lame

…Also, I'm curious to see if the Equalist will be as badass as Azula.
Sigh
We can only hope this Equalist people have at least some of her good old madness

I read somewhere (Twitter?) she has two dudes in her entourage, a fire bender and an earth bender? Here's a pic (hidden because its big)
Brothers I presume? Might've read it somewhere, gotta look that up

Tenzin's family:

This is me now:

Sorry for image excess.
Pics from this tumblr. 'Cept Azula, she's from this deviantart.

EDIT: Here's my source on Bolin&Mako's brotherhood, that being Tenzin's family
EDIT 2: Other pics here

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
When I first read about Legend of Korra on Wikipedia a few months back, I recall the creators saying that it would only run for 12 episodes, but now that they bumped it up to 26, I'm really happy and excited. Personally, I really don't care if Korra doesn't top TLA- it will still probably be epic.

at least it cant be worse than the movie

I'm so pumped for this, Avatar was easily one of the greatest animated shows ever. I really hope they make more than 26 episodes, that just isn't enough =/. Apparently wikipedia says its going to be "darker and more mature" than the original, while still catering to the dedicated fans. While there is no way that the new season will be better than the original, I still can't wait for it!

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Why the hell are guys talking about teenage Toph, etc.

This show is set 100 years after the events of the first Avatar. Aang and co. are likely dead.
I didn't see the 100 years after part. However seeing as Boomie's 100-something years old they could bring one of the old characters back... though I personally hope they don't.

On second thought, has the show ever gave any hindsight into the average ages of flying lemurs/sky bisons/Boomie's pet Moopsie?

I thought it was only 70 years. Also while looking at wikipedia, I see some of the voice actors who are suppose to be in it (zomg Tim Curry, Richard Epcar).

From what I heard yes it was 70 years past the end of the original series.

Anyways

[20:45] <@paintseagull> sigh <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVD_un7moAc
[21:00] <NatGeo> holy shit
[21:00] <NatGeo> steampunk in lastairbender
[21:00] <NatGeo> dreams do come true
[21:04] <NatGeo> also fuck yeah cabbage merchant might be there somehow

You have no idea how excited I was when I saw the trailer.

This is gonna be kickass.

I WANT THIS ON TV ALREADY GAHHH

I'm just...lsdkjsfjhfskjshksjhdg...this is great. Avatar had to be the best damn cartoon on T.V EVER. Seriously (besides, T.V is full of retarded jokes and joint-smoking Raccoons / Blue Jays).

Things I want to see...
  • Korra talk to Aang (like Aang did on the back of the Lion Turtle with Roku / Kyoshi / etc).
  • The same balance of seriousness / humor from TLA
  • Cabbage Dude's son carrying on the failed tradition
  • more Metalbenders (like, that Toph trained, idk)
  • Descendants of past characters (I will die of happiness if I get to see Zuko+May's / Suki+Sokka's kid. Hell, I swear that one of the two was already expecting by the series finale).
  • Ozai's grave. lol
  • A continuation of the Order of the White Lotus. I really liked the idea of that.
  • Appa (EVEN IF IT'S JUST A MEMORY OR FLASHBACK. Appa was my favorite character ever, even if he was an animal).
Things I hope I NEVER see...
  • Super-Old characters (ie, old Granny Toph or something. Iroh / Bumi were the only old guys I liked besides past avatars)
  • MAJOR advancements (the city concept is cool, but I want them to continue with the whole "nature and balance" theme)
  • More Airbenders (that would ruin the whole idea of the original series. :c)
ANYWAYS, I'm stoked, and have no doubt that it's going to be amazing.

Edit: imo there was only ONE not-too-good episode, and it was still cool. Avatar is just the perfect show, hands down.

this is NOT a sequel to the travesty that was the M Night Shyamalan movie. rather, it's a animated series in the spirit of avatar: the last airbender.

Official trailer here
Alternate link if nickelodeon is blocked in your country

i make a lot of tv show and book topics >_> anyway, the animation looks amazing. the original writers and I think even The Track Team (soundtrack creators) will be back.

it would be awesome if they included a short little prologue attached to the first episode where they tie up some loose ends from avatar: tla, mainly zuko's mother

i don't care what the intended demographic is, the tla series are awesome. not even sure i would be able to fully appreciate everything if i was a kid

Oh my the movie was quite terrible. Show premires this Saturday and I am so excited!!

*squeals*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)