Azelf (LO 4 Attacks) [QC 0/3]

Okay, so I will be spearheading the Azelf rewrite (removing mentions of Deoxys-D, stuff like that), but before I get to that, I'd like to push forward this set that I've used to great success in UU. I will be totally honest, a lot of the AC and OO are simply things that I thought of on the spot to expand more and give more options to potential users. I've literally made one change to this set (Psyshock -> Psychic) since I made it.

name: Life Orb Attacker
move 1: Psychic/Psyshock
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Grass Knot
item: Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

[Set Comments]

• Fast, powerful clean-up sweeper/revenge killer
  • Shadow Ball hits the many Ghosts and Psychics of UU REALLY hard
  • Flamethrower smelts Steel-types and forest-fires Grass-types; 2HKOs 252/252+ Bronzong and breaks Shaymin in half
  • Grass Knot 2HKOs 252/0 Suicune (Suicune!) at +1 assuming Rocks/some prior damage. Seriously.

[Additional Comments]

• Psyshock can work against some special walls, but without boosts it’s lacking a little bit; it only does around 40% on average to 208/124+ Snorlax, one of Azelf’s premier counters
  • EVs are for power and to tie with Timid Raikou. Watch out for Scarfers, Weavile, and Dark Pokemon in general

[Other Options]

• U-turn and a Naïve/Hasty nature is possible, but there are better scouts and you’re missing out on what could be a crucial coverage move for what is mostly dead weight
  • In a similar vein, a fully physical set with Jolly is possible, as Azelf has a 125 base Attack stat, but his special movepool is far more vast and effective
  • Hidden Power could also be used, but even a super effective Hidden Power is weaker than a neutral STAB Psychic. Again, without boosts, it’s a little too weak be really effective. To assist Azelf’s weakness to Dark and Normal Pokemon, consider teammates such as the Hitmon family, Heracross, or Cobalion

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Since you're gonna be rewriting the whole analysis, you should just put up the whole skeleton before we approve this. I like this set, though, I'm sure it'll go through in the full rewrite with more deatails and probably some slashes.

But yeah, full skeleton before approvals, etc.

EDIT: @TrollFreak - Yes, but he's rewriting the whole thing, so this set will be included. It's a really good cleaner.

Oh, man, I never even thought of Fire Blast. Actually, Shaymin gives this set a lot of trouble because Offensive Shaymin is never OHKO'd and Seed Flare always OHKO's. Gimme a minute.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Worry about the details when you put up a full skeleton (its better that way so you don't risk overlapping information between sets).

The last 4 EVs in every set should be in SpD btw, as this prevents Download from raising SpA.

Alright. Can a mod lock this until I'm ready? Send me a PM so I know who to hit up to unlock it (unless any mod can do so. But it'd still be nice to have someone I know has the power)

EDIT: Actually, I'll just open a new topic. Probably makes more sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)