SM UU Baby C'mon [Intimidate Spam Volt-Turn]

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Introduction
Hello, I made this team a few days ago and I really like it as a concept and as a team. The team is a p heavy utility based volt-turn and I've enjoyed using it quite a bit, had a super RMT-ey vibe to it so I knew I had to act on it. This intro song is picked based off the fact that I laddered with this team mostly on the alt "baby are you tapin" which is a direct reference to this song, rip ODB. This ladder spot isn't that impressive but I really don't feel like laddering rn and I do feel like writing this so that's what I'm settling with. It's a shame I can't not use this song even tho I love it b/c I've yet to use a wayne song for one of these and I've been listening to a lot of soulful shit too, but that's okay, I hope you enjoy reading this if literally anybody ends up doing that. Also I know two of one thing is hardly "spam" but :fukyu:.

Building Process
- I originally wanted to make some generic volt-turn with a specific mane spread gifted to me by Amane Misa and Choice Specs Kyurem was the breaker of choice I wanted to get my pivots pivoting into. I ended up later changing the Kyurem set to sub metro b/c it flowed with the team way better but still the same idea generally.

- As I said I wanted to make a pretty generic volt-turn core so Scizor + Mane was super natural, but Scizor is imo the best pivot to get sub Kyurem in. Gets it in vs bulky waters and other things like Rotom-H, Hippo, and Amoonguss.

- The core of Scarf Krook + rocks Diancie is a lot of role compression in just two slots for this team. Taking a lot of pressure off of Scizor to check Lati and providing rocks, speed control, ghost resist, elec immunity, drei check, etc etc etc. Crazy crazy.

- Last slot had to be pretty specific, mainly coba/nape check + hazard removal. Tentacruel would be perfect here but I desperately need a ground immunity as well so Mantine pretty much ended up glueing this team together. Takes pressure off of Mane as a sciz check too. Also team really wanted a bulky water in general.

In-Depth

Kyurem @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Choice Specs Kyurem on Volt-Turn was the idea but Substitute Metronome Kyurem lets it act as a breaker while abusing it's utility to a way heavier extent. It also still appreciates voltturn support so much to let it get free subs up vs passive mons coming in to absorb volt/u-turn. This team is geared p heavily towards Kyurem being annoying af and also a potential cleaner w/ Metronome. Helps the matchup vs fat teams a lot with Pressure stalling w/ Sub + Roost and also is fat enough to soft check a lot of weird shit like Nidoking, Celebi, Starmie, Volcanion, etc.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 120 HP / 48 Def / 116 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mane is the other star of the show, super straight forward mon. Main job is to pivot but w/ Intimidate and a bulkier spread it can have a surprising amount of defensive utility. I went with Hidden Power Grass because Gligar gives Kyurem free turns and not letting Quag sit on me is important for stall mu. I don't know/remember the specifics of the spread but it outpaces base 115s like mdoom and Starmie, and in unison with Intimidate it can really annoy otherwise difficult matchups for it like Krookodile and Shark. 116 SpA with a Modest nature gives it the same amount of SpA that it has w/ max Timid.

Scizor @ Buginium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Scizor gives a lot for this team as it's the only fairy resist as well as only pivot to form a core with Mega Manectric. Because of this I felt Roost was super necessary so it's not absurdly overworked vs certain teams with a fairy + lati for example. U-turn is a necessity to form a volt-turn core with mane, but especially because it's such an ideal pivot by itself with Kyurem. Also SD was pretty natural since it's the only setup mon on the team, sdbpbpbpbp is always a good wincon option. I went with Bug-Z for a lack of a better z-move elsewhere honestly but it's just the best option on this set. Bug-Z can contradict it pivoting on Amoonguss to get Kyurem in, but just spam U-turn early and beat guss w/ it when necessary. Spread outpaces Klefki and dumps leftovers into Hp.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

This is obviously super straight forward. Speed control, elec immunity, ghost resist, Pursuit support, etc. Gives the other half of the "intimidate spam" part of the title which honestly I've found to be really good to help outplay a lot of tricky situations with setup mons/physical breakers in general, pivoting around with them. Set is bog standard, figured Knock Off would help the team a lot in general, mainly Kyurem breaking bulky waters w/o lefties n shit. So Krook made extra sense. Stone Edge > Iron Tail is also fine but I went with Iron Tail b/c I don't think rock coverage is a necessity here and last ditch effort malt revenge killer could be crucial.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Roost
- Defog

Mantine gets a lot of hate in UU but it can have really good matchups where it just sits on the opposing team tbh. Feels passive and do-nothing for a volt-turn team at times but it's role compression is too crucial to pass up as it reliably checks Infernape and Cobalion, while providing a ground immunity and hazard removal to support the pivots + Kyurem. Mantine also gives a water immunity which is pretty cool for a team that's only water resist would be Kyurem otherwise.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 8 SpA / 152 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Diancie by itself but especially in unison with Krookodile takes a lot of pressure off of Scizor since it's a pretty good Latias check in it's own right. Stealth Rock is obviously a necessity on any team unless you're playing untiers like BH, but Heal Bell support is super good here with things like Mantine + Kyurem really hating status in general, especially since no grounded poison for tspikes. Lord FUMA HI-FI gave me this spread idr most of the specifics but p sure the def is a rak calc and I've found this spread way better than max spdef in general anyways.

Rough Matchups

Bulky Primarina
- This thing is probably Kyurem's worst enemy so it's only natural that this pops up here, but it's especially annoying with only one fairy resist and neither of the water resists being able to break it. Mostly relying on Mega Manectric to break this thing which is a flimsy matchup at best.

Fairies
- Obviously the thing above is a fairy too but honestly fairies in general can be rough, the offensive ones are handled by Scizor but if paired with a lure or Magneton shit can be rough. Scizor is only fairy resist as I said and Iron Tail on Krook is like last resort type shit lmao.

Stall - Stall isn't too bad but it's def something you need to outplay with this variant. If you're super worried you can try something like lefties + Toxic > metro + ep on Kyurem. Otherwise this is a matter of knocking alo/whatever else w/ krook, using your heal bells right, abusing pressure stalling to it's full potential, and spamming pivot moves with hazards up.

Hazards - One ground immunity and two rocks weak mons means mantine has it's work cut out for it w/ tryna keep hazards off the field. The right rocker can put a lot of pressure on this team like Empoleon, Terrakion, etc.

Replays

Shoutouts
Not anywhere close to where I'd like to be or even feel I deserve to be but I wouldn't even be close to this far along w/o you goons. Amane Misa Funbot28 Shiba TheCoastsOfToast FUMA HI-FI Sage Chloe yeezyknows Donphantastic pokeisfun Clefable nui martha PinkDragonTamer EviGaro Cynara KellyKafka TPP Indigo Plateau Kink Yifeng Accelgor Adaam Nat xavgb Andyboy Rach peach motherlove GL Volkner ig, 'sei., CoolStoryBrobat ;_;, Nuked, Twilight, Stoward, DraconicLepus, Sylveon., aesf, bmacbnasty, Pigeons, Zesty43, St. Pablo, Marjane, yogi, Mahmudkipz, danger zone, Juuno, Pak, passion, DrReuniclus, a fruitshop owner, sketchy ecchi, Bouff, esche, Luna bae, and everyone else im too tired and lazy to keep doing this shit, rmt community especially s/o to y'all

Kyurem @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 120 HP / 48 Def / 116 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Scizor @ Buginium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Roost
- Defog

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 8 SpA / 152 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

wu tang is for the children

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)