baiiibies <3

hai! I'm now going to present you for a team i have worked with alot recently. i made this team to test out the powers of the very rare but effective SD lickilicky. lickilicky is my favorite pokemon of all time so i wanted to make a team where it was starring and well… here you go:
the original

yup. the original team was actually made around ursaring. it looked like this

ursaring was a slow powerhouse, so i opted for dual screen and paralysis support. SR support and heal bell support and perfect synergy around it. however, what i noticed was how fast it was taken out. flame orb was necessary to turn most 2HKOs into OHKOs but it fell quickly to unparalyzed pokemons and protect. i wanted to swap ursaring for something that could play a similar role, but survive longer. however, if i did this, then dual screens wasn't really needed and the team had to change alot.​

so as i said, i wanted this replacement for ursaring to hit just as hard as it did and have similar synergy. however, it also had to be one that could tank hits and the solution was: lickilicky! that would mean that dual screens wasn't needed anymore so i had to change alot on the team and it became very different

well, as i said: lickilciky was the one i wanted to make the team around.

lickilicky was somewhat tarnished by faster status user so i knew i was in need for someone to taunt and slow down the opponent. serperior was added at a early point as its faster than most of the metagame and could therefore taunt most status users. it also had this extremely useful glare which allowed licky to set up easier and outspeed its checks

i like to have SR on everyone of my teams. I'm going to go more in depth about why i chose bastiodon over probopass later, but deal with it for now

samurott was a great addition to my team as the team was very defensive before him + he makes good use of serpys glare. it was also able to take on charizard which could threaten my team alot otherwise

misdreavus because its an incredibly good and trolly pokemon that just worked very well with the rest of my team. it had heal bell and taunt to stop status users and set up sweepers + my team was threatened by fast fighting types before i added it

charizard was almost automatically added as i was in need for a real grass check and a scarcer. it could also revenge banded sawk which was still a threat to my team and it completed my FWG core

so that was how it went out and my team ended up like this:​

in depth

Charizard @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

as i said, charizard is my late game sweeper and grass counter. without it, my team would be really weak to alot of common grass types like vileplume and choiced sweepers notably sawk and primeape. charizard is usually the one i send out if lickilicky is killed by a fast pokemon. its faster than most common scarfers except from tauros and drifblim. if one of them killed licki, then i send out bastiodon. double edge and acrobatic can't do anything to her and she can just phase sub drifblim away and cripple tauros with toxic. most of you are familiar with this set, so I'm not going to say much about it. flamethrower is chosen over fire blast as FB likes to miss all the time and it can be extremely annoying. air slash is for BU gurdurr, ludicolo and generally pokemon that resists my other moves noticeably swanna. focus blast is for rocks and HP grass is just coverage for seismitoad

Lickilicky (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Atk / 128 SDef / 124 Spd (went all nub and just stole the smog on spread)
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Power Whip

licky is the star of this team. an underated pokemon that can sweep through unprepared teams. whats good is that people excepts the common defensive lickilicky so this one can really surprise people. i switch in lickilicky on defensive pokemons so I'm pretty much guaranted a free sub. my opponent switches out to a more offensive pokemon giving me a free SD too. not much can take on a +2 lickilicky with a sub. even better if the opponents pokemon is paralyzed. i chose return over body slam just for the 2HKO on defensive musharna which could threat me otherwise and serperior can spread paralysis. power whip is the chosen coverage move as it provides almost unresisted coverage in NU except from a few pokes: metang, bronzor, haunter and klang. haunter is frail as hell so no worries. bronzor can't really do much against me neither and i have never seen a metang. klang however, is a big threat. it can break subs with gear grind and brush off all damage with rest. charizard fixes that though and lickilicky can set up again so its not a big problem.

Bastiodon (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic / Rock Blast
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
ah, i used to complain about bastiodon. i was more like "probopass tho." it has better stat and can actually deal some damage. however, that was before i tried it out. bastiodon is just an amazing poké and its thanks to one thing and one thing only: roar. she can easily get up the rocks thanks to amazing bulk and then just roar the opponent away if he tries to set up. SR is just SR and I'm pretty sure most of you know why it is here. magic coat is perfect to stop taunters who thinks they can troll me and bounce back hazards and status. I'm not 100% sure about the last moveslot. toxic doesn't stack with paralysis which can be a bit annoying sometimes. however, rock blast can't really do anything against anyone if my opponent isn't 4X weak to it and i have roar for substitute users. it can be useful against focus sash kadabra at 1% health though.

Samurott @ Lum Berry

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

samurott is 100% hyper offense and was added as my team would be more of a stall team if it wasn't there. its also good at making use of serperiors paralysis support. i don't really have any real strategy for this one. i just switch in on a fire type or something and tries to set up. the lum berry is just an extremely useful item so i don't have to fear annoying status when i set up. the EV spread is common enough. i run 56 speed too outspeed max speed golem and troll its sucker punch with aqua jet. the rest is invested in attack and bulk. samurott has average bulk so it can usually survive a not super effective damage too activate torrent and revenge hard with waterfall. if the next pokemon my opponent send out is slower or paralyzed, then i just continue the sweep and spam waterfall. if my opponent is faster, then its time for samu to go. i finish with aqua jet and then switch to charizard to revenge.

Serperior @ Leftovers

Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Light Screen
- Glare
- Taunt

i used to have a long description about this one but it got deleted ;-;

taunt is for hazard and status users, glare is so lickilicky and samu can sweep. light screen might seem a bit weird for some of you, but i chose it over leech seed to weaken damage taken from musharna and beheeyem's psychics that could otherwise 2HKO many members on my team except from bastiodon and it can't do much against musharna either except from roaring it away. last but not least, giga drain just to have an attacking move

Misdreavus @ Eviolite

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spd
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Heal Bell
- Taunt / Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

i used to have a long description about this one too

my usual switch ins against fighting types as it has extreme psychical bulk and can will-o-wisp them. heal bell is here as this team is somewhat weak to status. especially paralysis on serperior and poison on lickilicky. not sure if i should go for thunderbolt or taunt for the last moveslot. thunderbolt can take on normal types while taunt can stop hazards and prevent musharna from setting up or use heal bell​
______________________________________________________________________________________________
replay section

i used to have a lot of good replays with good predictions from both parts and epic licky sweeps. however, i managed to delete my log so everything got erased. I'm going to find new replays soon though.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

threats

orange= annoyance
red= big threat

specs camerupt
can 2HKO my whole team with fire blast so i need to sacrifice at least one pokemon to revenge it.

toxic spikes because it prevents lickilicky from sweeping and samurott looses its lum berry. this can be solved with using skuntank over samurott but it makes my synergy very unbalanced
musharna can use heal bell to stop paralysis and calm mind. serperior can taunt it, but doesn't like a psychic in the face
beheeyem similar to mushy
banded sawk
charizard can revenge it, but it can OHKO everything barring misdreavus

i really like this team and i feels like its soooooo close to being great, but just not enough. So please, tear it apart if you need to. Please just dont replace licky or bastiodon. Also, feel free to edit the post with corect grammars. English isnt my strongest side :P

oh, and sorry for bending the one rmt per two weeks rule a bit :/

Last edited:
Aight the RMT per week rule was broken so imo you should be banned. SubSD Licki is pretty awesome, so thats a +1. In terms of threats, Strong Psychic types completely 6-0 you, especially those packing Magic Guard or a Coverage move against Bastiodon. This team is also absurdly Toxic Spike weak, as your reliance on bulky offensive pokemon in tangent with getting pressured like crazy is a -1. Any strong electric type can also run through this team easily.

For starters, I would change Bastiodon to Golem. I get that you wanted to use Bastiodon, but simply put it loses far too much momentum for your team. Golem provides you a reliable switch into strong electric types, and helps you tackle Skuntank and Muk, two surprisingly big threats to this team that Bastiodon cannot touch in return. It still reliably gets up stealth rocks, but loses much less momentum and gains you a necessary electric resist as serp honestly doesnt want to take a stronger electric attack. (If real run Roar / Toxic > Sucker)

Next to resolve the Toxic Spikes and Psychic weakness, I would run Skuntank over Serperior. Simply put, your team lacks the need for screens, and serperior is really the weakest link of the team. Skuntank resolves both of your previous issues, and can help you tackle opposing Ghost types as well, which could be a potential pain in the but. By tackling T-Spikes at the source, you lose a lot of pressure from your shoulders. Since Charizard isn't a good revenge killer anyways, having a sucker punch on the team to cushion it from sweepers will also help a lot.

Finally I suggest you change to Standard Utility Check Misdreavus. This set more reliably switches into Sawk and other Fighting Types due to its abuse of pain split, and this simply change in set will make your team a lot more viable.

Fun team!

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 HP / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch / Toxic / Roar

Skuntank @ Black Sludge / Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 SDef / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Poison Jab

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Spd / 220 Def
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Taunt / Heal Bell

Aight the RMT per week rule was broken so imo you should be banned. SubSD Licki is pretty awesome, so thats a +1. In terms of threats, Strong Psychic types completely 6-0 you, especially those packing Magic Guard or a Coverage move against Bastiodon. This team is also absurdly Toxic Spike weak, as your reliance on bulky offensive pokemon in tangent with getting pressured like crazy is a -1. Any strong electric type can also run through this team easily.

For starters, I would change Bastiodon to Golem. I get that you wanted to use Bastiodon, but simply put it loses far too much momentum for your team. Golem provides you a reliable switch into strong electric types, and helps you tackle Skuntank and Muk, two surprisingly big threats to this team that Bastiodon cannot touch in return. It still reliably gets up stealth rocks, but loses much less momentum and gains you a necessary electric resist as serp honestly doesnt want to take a stronger electric attack. (If real run Roar / Toxic > Sucker)

Next to resolve the Toxic Spikes and Psychic weakness, I would run Skuntank over Serperior. Simply put, your team lacks the need for screens, and serperior is really the weakest link of the team. Skuntank resolves both of your previous issues, and can help you tackle opposing Ghost types as well, which could be a potential pain in the but. By tackling T-Spikes at the source, you lose a lot of pressure from your shoulders. Since Charizard isn't a good revenge killer anyways, having a sucker punch on the team to cushion it from sweepers will also help a lot.

Finally I suggest you change to Standard Utility Check Misdreavus. This set more reliably switches into Sawk and other Fighting Types due to its abuse of pain split, and this simply change in set will make your team a lot more viable.

Fun team!

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 HP / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch / Toxic / Roar

Skuntank @ Black Sludge / Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 SDef / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Poison Jab

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Spd / 220 Def
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Taunt / Heal Bell
Wow, thanks man! You have rated
All of my teams here. Skuntank was a pokemon i had wanted on my team for a long time, but
I wasnt sure who to replace. Altough the team is really going to miss fast taunt and paralysis, skuntank over serperior seems good. Offensive SR seems like a good idea too. Im kinda trying to make the team HO in a way. Im going to struggle with water types now though..

using my BUMP already. the problem is that if i go with skunk/char/licky/sam/missy/golem then I die quickly to water types and kangashkan. if i go with serperior over samurott, then i fall to ice. if i use bastiodon over golem, then fire is a huge problem and if i take away skuntank, I die to T-spikes and psychic types. so to sum up:

i need

• a way to counter water, fire and ice
  • have a way to deal with kanga
  • something to absorb/spin away T-spikes
  • balanced synergy

using my BUMP already. the problem is that if i go with skunk/char/licky/sam/missy/golem then I die quickly to water types and kangashkan. if i go with serperior over samurott, then i fall to ice. if i use bastiodon over golem, then fire is a huge problem and if i take away skuntank, I die to T-spikes and psychic types. so to sum up:

i need

• a way to counter water, fire and ice
  • have a way to deal with kanga
  • something to absorb/spin away T-spikes
  • balanced synergy
Sam beats all 3, Kanga wrecks everything that isn't Mush, and Skunk absorbs tspikes lol..Its actually got something which covers every weakness in terms of synergy :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)