Balance is Key (Peaked #14)

Hello Fellow Smogonites. Welcome to my RMT, Balance is Key.
This team was my 1st serious attempt at a UU team and my second attempt overall (the 1st was for a battle against a friend). This team was at its prime in the BW1 metagame where it peaked at #14 on the Showdown ladder. I don't have photographic evidence however because the ladder reset; sorry. This is a balanced UU team that has been successful and that is why I'm posting it here. I have tweaked the team to fit the BW2 meta. But I do show the changes I made from the peak to now. And so, without further adieu, I present to you my team.

Team Building Process:​

I started the team off with two of my favorite pokes and a great offensive core which I have never seen used in conjunction in the same way, but one which has worked for me: Zapdos and Victini. Zapdos forms the special part of the core and Victini the physical. Although there are pokes who shut both of them down *coughgligarcough*

I quickly realized that I'd need a defensive core. I chose Registeel and Blastoise for the job. I then proceeded to swap Registeel out for Bronzong. Then, I changed Bronzong and Blastoise to Claydol and Empoleon. All of those were failures. This is what I settled at:

I know that Steelix was an odd choice, but it suited my needs:a Stealth Rock user, a Ground type, a Physically Defensive poke, and a second pHazer, all while retaining some offensive pressure (2HKOs Flygon with Gyro Ball). Then I knew that I needed a late-game sweeper. Around the same time I was building this team, I was testing one of the best typed Pokemon in the game in OU: Scrafty. Before Tornadus-T had stepped into OU, Scrafty was working wonders, outspeeding most things after one DD and surviving a hit from most everything due to its fantastic bulk. My team at this point:

I have always been a fan of the classic FWG core. I tried using Shaymin in my last slot, but found myself vulnerable to Toxic Spikes. I didn't want to have too stereotypical of a team, but Roserade seemed like the only thing that could do the job. I chose to run a more offensively oriented version even still (the Spikes user was much more common at the time). And there we have my team that I laddered with in BW1:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to bring this team out for a spin again in the new BW2 meta. It wasn't doing too bad. But it definitely wasn't living up to its potential. I knew that I'd have to make some changes.

Roserade and Steelix were my two weakest links. I didn't want to lose out on either of their typings though as Steel helps against Flygon and Kingdra (when locked into Outrage), Ground gives me an effective way to handle Raikou, Grass gives me a FWG core, and Poison removes Toxic Spikes. I, thus, rearranged the types into Grass/Steel and Poison/Ground. Nidoking used to be quite the pain for my team in BW1 and Ferroseed was helping me out A LOT in LC, so I decided to use them. They worked to an adequate degree of success, especially Nidoking, who, at one point, I'd switched out to test Rhyperior.

After a few team rates, I decided to swap out Ferroseed and Scrafty for Sableye and Virizion.

I tested Sableye and Virizion and they didn't do as well as I'd have like them to. So I replaced them with Whimsicott and Cobalion. Those two do do/did a much better job and allowed me to handle Ice types better. After even more testing, I found that Blastoise was underwhelming at best. Its Rapid Spin was the only reason that I was even using it and it had become fairly easy to keep hazards off of my field due to Whimsicott's Taunt. I decided to replace it with Kingdra who is arguably the best Water type sweeper in UU with its astounding typing to keep offensive pressure high. Then, I found my team was very weak to Ghost types and was stopped by most physical walls. Nidoking wasn't packing enough punch. I knew that I needed a Specially oriented Dark type with access to a boosting move. I decided to use Zoroark.

After testing out SilverShadow's suggestions, I realized that his advice was invaluable and that Snorlax and Cofagrigus truly do work much better than Zoroark and Whimsicott. They are great devensive pivots and Snorlax especially keeps offensive pressure high. They have both helped in covering up my Ghost and Fighting weaknesses respectively. My team at this point, due to the loss of Whimsicott once again became weak to Stealth Rocks.

Sandslash was added to my team in place of Kingdra. Kingdra was by no means performing poorly. There were to reasons, however, that Sandslash replaced it: (1) because Cobalion was outshining Kingdra in the Physical sweeper position and (2) because I needed both hazards and a way to rid my field of hazards desperately.

After the addition of Sandslash, my team became weak to Bulky Waters, particularly Milotic, Slobro, and Suicune. To patch up this weakness, I decided to use Virizion on my team again. It has been a great fit.

Smeargle has replaced Sandslash because Sandslash wasn't doing too effective a job and also because Smeargle can induce sleep and pHaze.

Thanks to whomever took the time to read this. It really took a long time to make. I apologize for the bit of disarray that occurred near the middle. It is my first RMT.​

For those of you who didn't read my Team Building Process
The Team at a Glance

Now to the sets:

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
Moves:
V-create
Bolt Strike (used to be Fusion Bolt)
Zen Headbutt
U-turn

My first poke is Choice Scarf Victini. With a Choice Scarfed equipped, Victini becomes a great scouter who can also hit like a truck with V-Create. The thing about a CS is that I can fire off 2 V-Creates while still retaining the ability to move faster than most. V-Create is for STAB, Bolt Strike is for Water types, Zen Headbutt is for things like Nidoking who resist V-Create and take a ton of damage from Zen Headbutt, and U-Turn is for scouting. Zen Headbutt is also good as a secondary STAB option when I don't want a speed and defense drop. Victini is my lead ~75% of the time. Team Preview is what I use to decide who leads. Victini does very well against Bronzong, Machamp, Azelf, Mienshao, and Crobat leads. It can U-Turn out on the rest.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Ancient Power
Hidden Power [Grass]
Roost

I tried out Hypnotize's suggestion of a non-choiced Zapdos and it has worked really well. It not only eases pressure, but creates a large offensive pressure for the other team. Despite its relatively shallow movepool, it succeeds at being rather unpredictable. The EVs are standard. Thunderbolt is for STAB. HP Grass is there to catch the plethora of Ground types in the tier, especially Rhyperior and Swampert, and hit them hard. Roost is for recovery. Ancient Power is a curve ball that I added on to throw at Rotom-H because I quite frankly hate facing them. The unorthodox Ancient Power is better than Heat Wave in my opinion on this team because for some reason I never end up using it. At least I'll use Ancient Power sometimes and if, by chance, I get the boost, it'll probably be game over.

Old Zapdos Set:
Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave --> Extrasensory
Hidden Power [Flying] (was Grass)--> [Ice]
Volt Switch

Choice Specs Zapdos forms the special part of my offensive core. It hits extremely hard as well, especially with Specs attached. Thunderbolt is for STAB. Hidden Power [Flying] is now a better option than HP Grass because of things like Heracross and just the plethora of Fightings that plague UU in general. I used to use Grass to hit Rhyperior on the switch and it worked well against it and things like Swampert. HP Flying also provides STAB. Volt Switch is for scouting and creates a Volt-Switch combo with Victini. Zapdos is my lead ~10% of the time, depending upon whether or not the opposing team has a Ground type or not. I changed my HP to Ice to handle Gligar better. It would otherwise wall my VoltTurn core. I have been trying out Extrasensory for a while now in place of Heat Wave. In the absense of HP Flying, Zapdos was having a harder time dealing with Fighting types and that is why I use Extrasensory now. I am going to try the non-choiced set as per Hypnotize's suggestion and see how that works out.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Spore
Whirlwind

This slot used to be held by Kingdra. Although it may seem weird that I replaced Kingdra with Smeargle, it is actually very logical. As stated in my Team Building process, I needed something with the ability to set up Rocks and spin at the same time, and Kingdra was replaced because Cobalion (now Virizion) was my more prominent sweeper. I replaced Sandslash with Smeargle because Sandslash had minimal offensive presense and provided little else but Rocks and spinning (which I know is a lot already). Smeargle provides both of those, has better speed, and can act as a sleep inducer and pHazer all at the same time. Smeargle is my lead ~20% of the time.

Blastoise Set:
Blastoise @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef (used to be 252 SpD/4 Def)
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Moves:
Scald
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Roar

This is a pretty standard Physically Defensive Blastoise. Scald for STAB and hopeful burn. Rapid Spin for spinning. Roar for pHazing. I chose Ice Beam instead of Toxic because it seems to be more of a help. 0 Atk Ivs to take minimal damage from confusion. I know I should lengthen this description, but there isn't much to say. Blastoise is used because it's the best spinner in UU. Hitmontop is good, but its typing would be redundant with Scrafty's.

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 SDef / 252 Atk --> 252 Atk/ 52 Def/ 196 SpD/ 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
Body Slam
Pursuit
Earthquake
Fire Punch --> Ice Punch

I tested Snorlax thanks to SilverShadow's suggestion and it was amazing. Snorlax is definitely staying on my team. It provides an excellent defensive pivot while also packing quite the punch thanks to CB. Thich Fat is also great as it helps against the physically based Fire types in the tier and Specially based fire types are stopped cold. Body Slam is for STAB and has a nice chance of paralysis. Pursuit is for trapping Ghost types, who usually can't do much even if they choose to stay in. EQ and Fire Punch are for coverage. I changed Fire Punch to Ice Punch because it still hits Grass types but has the added advantage of 2HKOing Gligar, one of the biggest pests for this team to handle.

Nidoking Set:
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Moves:
Earth Power
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Focus Blast --> Stealth Rock

Nidoking is another hard-hitter. It is my secondary Special Attacker and hits things which Zapdos and Victini can't. Earth Power is STAB and OHKO's many things with the fearsome Sheer Force+LO combo. Fire Blast is for levitating Steels and bulky Grass types. Ice Beam is for Gligar, Flygon, Togekiss and the like. Focus Blast is there because of Snorlax. Snorlax was a huge threat to my team. But with Focus Blast on here, I can take most variants on with a bit of team support (I'll talk about it more in the threats list). Focus Blast has been changed to Stealth Rock because Ferroseed was replaced by Sableye and then Whimsicott, who both take Snorlax well enough. I also added Virizion and later Cobalion to help remedy my Snorlax problem. Rocks was more important.

Roserade Set:
Roserade@Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Timid Nature
Moves:
Sleep Powder
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power [Ground]
Shadow Ball

At the time I was using this set, Roserade was almost always used as a Spikes stacker. This set caught many people off-guard. Sleep Powder was fun to use because it induced Sleep. Leaf Storm was STAB and OHKO'd many. Hidden Power [Ground] was for Fire types, Raikou, etc. Shadow Ball was to hit Cofagrigus and Mismagius.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power [Fighting]
Will-O-Wisp --> Substitute

The OTR set left me vulnerable to Honchkrow. So I decided to test CM. It is working great. Cofagrigus is both my physical wall and my special sweeper and is working incredibly well. CM gives it the opportunity to sweep. Shadow Ball for STAB. HP Fighting is for coverage. WoW is so that I can cripple Physical sweepers. The EVs are the way they are because after a CM or 2, my SpD is ridiculously high anyways. I replaced WoW with Substitute because it not only provides me security against Sucker Punch users, but also protects me from status, like Toxic. Btw, does anyone have a good IV spread for HP Fighting?

Ferroseed Set:
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Gyro Ball
Thunder Wave

Ferroseed is my special wall and the final piece to my FWG core. It is my lead the other ~40% of the time. Usually, people switch their set-up sweeper in on this guy to take advantage of his poor attacking stats. I like to start off with T-Wave for this reason. I then proceed to getting hazards up and then Gyro Ball until I feel threatened. Occasionally, I'll use it as a suicide lead, if I feel that I won't need it much. I am most open to changing Ferro. I am currently considering Sableye as a replacement.

Steelix Set:
Steelix@Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 220 Def/ 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Gyro Ball
Dragon Tail

Steelix was the physically defensive part of my defensive core. He had Sturdy, which was always helpful, and could take a physical hit from anything, inclusive of CB Flygon's EQ. Earthquake was STAB. Gyro Ball hurt faster threats and set-up sweepers. Dragon Tail allowed Steelix to also pHaze.

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Leaf Blade
Stone Edge

Virizion is my physical sweeper of choice. Close Combat is for STAB and in conjunction with Leaf Blade and Stone Edge hits all but 2 pokes for neutral damage, neither of which might I add are used in UU (Toxicroak and Croagunk). Swords Dance is there for boosting and sweeping which is generally not too hard because of Virizion's already great 108 base Speed stat. I use Lum Berry because, other than Scarf users, most people's answer for Virizion is a wall attempting to status it. Leaf Blade is for secondary STAB and is the reason that I chose Virizion. This slot was previously occupied by Cobalion. When Cobalion was here, my team was weak to certain bulky Waters because Zapdos was my only line of defense against them. Now that I have Virizion, they are no longer threats to this team. Stone Edge is for the Flying types trying to take advantage of Virizion's 4x weakness and also for added coverage.

Scrafty Set:
Scrafty @ Chople Berry
Trait: Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Hi Jump Kick
Crunch
Ice Punch

This is one of my favorite sets that I have created. To counter Scrafty, everyone brings in their Fighting type, since, in UU, Flying types are lost often in the very beginning of the match, i.e. Crobat dying to Victini first turn (which happens a lot). On the switch, Scrafty DD's. It survives the Fighting type move, KO's, or sometimes gets 2 DD's up, and proceeds to sweep. More often than not my opponent's second resort goes to their wall, suviving a hit, and trying to status. Shed Skin really helps out with this and has bailed me out of some tight situations, as has my Chople Berry. I was once up against a Virizion after a double kill. It and my Scrafty had both been damaged a bit throughout the match. I went for the DD, survived the CC at 4% because of the Chople Berry, and KO'd with Ice Punch.

New Threat List (WIP):
: Honchkrow is the hardest Pokemon for my team to handle. The Scarf variant isn't a problem. What is a problem is the Life Orb set. With Brave Bird, Superpower, and Sucker Punch, Honchkrow hits 5/6 pokes on my team for SE damage. If it gets a moxie boost by means of one of these pokes, it pretty much KO's my entire team. To combat it, I generally use Zapdos, which does often work. However, there are situations in which Honchkrow is brought in and Zapdos isn't alive. I am thus using SubCM Cofagrigus. If I have a Sub up or Sub on the Sucker Punch, then I have the potential to defeat it.

: Heracross is one of the lesser threats to this team. It is annoying to deal with, but Victini can take it down well enough. Moxie adds to the problems here, especially when I don't know if Hera has Guts or Moxie.

: Umbreon is the most problematic wall for this team. It defeats both of my main walls, Snorlax and Cofagrigus, and walls Zapdos. Sandslash is almost a nonfactor here. Victini does a lot of damage to it via V-Create, but is taken down by Foul Play. This leaves Virizion, who can be taken care of by means of team support. To defeat Umbreon, I must be in a position to sweep my opponent's whole team or switch in on a well-predicted Foul Play/ Dark Pulse/ Payback. The latter of these is not always a permanent solution either, only a delay to the inevitable.

: Qwilfish is another annoyer. It is quite bulky and has Intimidate, which tends to shut down my offensive pokes. I try to switch Snorlax in and get an EQ off or have Zapdos go for the T-bolt, but those are hard feats sometimes.

: Mienshao can be a pain sometimes. The LO variants are easily taken out by Victini. The Scarf variants are a whole other affair. They are, again, simply annoying. However, in this case, they hit hard.

: Dusclops walls my team almost as well as Umbreon. However, it does more damage because I have to wear it down slowly and instead of Wishing like Umbreon, it uses Pain Split. It also gets WoW which means that I have to use Victini.

Old Threat List:
The good new for me is that my team has very few threats. The bad news is that they are all relatively common.

: Snorlax is a pain in the arse for my team. It walls a good portion of it, especially because of Thick Fat. The ResTalk set is handled well by Nidoking. The CB set depends on what it locks itself into. Blastoise does a good job and sometimes burns. CurseLax I try to pHaze, but it is, by far, the hardest to handle for me.

: Cofagrigus is also very annoying. Zapdos handles the defensive variant well. The CM and OTR ones are the hardest to handle. Against the CMer, I try to get Scrafty set up or pHaze. Against, the OTR, I try to stall out the TR and not let it set up.

: Generally not quite as dangerous, but with a Sub and a Moxie boost, it becomes very, very hard to take down and has the potential to sweep my team. Zapdos and Nidoking are usually what I use to take it down.

For all of you great team stealers:
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- AncientPower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Spore
- Whirlwind

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 SDef / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute

Virizion @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Thanks for Reading! Feel free to give any suggestions! And don't forget to Luvdisc if you liked it!

Hey there nice team you have and I have a few suggestions to make it better. I glanced at your team and I can see choice scarf mienshao can 2HKO your entire team with SR up.
252Atk Reckless Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 4HP/0Def Nidoking (Neutral): 50% - 59% (153 - 181 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Reckless Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Blastoise (+Def): 49% - 58% (178 - 211 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 17% chance to 2HKO with Leftovers.
252Atk Reckless Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 4HP/0Def Zapdos (Neutral): 44% - 52% (142 - 168 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 7% chance to 2HKO.
252Atk Reckless Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 252HP/Def Leftovers Ferroseed (+Def): 168% - 197% (492 - 578 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252Atk Reckless Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 4HP/0Def Chople Berry Scrafty (Neutral): 80% - 95% (220 - 259 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Reckless Mienshao (Neutral) Stone Edge vs 4HP/0Def Victini (Neutral): 62% - 73% (214 - 252 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

To counter this problem you should go with Sabeyle to counter this problem, it can get 3HKO by stone edge but you can easily recover the damage off and possibly burn it. Since you don't have a Stealth rocker any more I would recommend to change Nidoking Focus blast to Stealth rock. As you stated you have problems with Snorlax Sabeyle can handle it with a easy taunt and will-o-wisp. I always found Scrafty a mediocre pokemon because after a DD lots of choiced pokemon can revenge kill it with it's base 58 speed. I would recommend trying out SD Virizion as it can still 2HKO +1 Snorlax . If you do decide use this pokemon your team will have 3 pokemon weak to ice, but if you play correctly you can take them out watch out specially for sheer force nidoking. Watch out for Chandelure if it's scarfed victini can 2HKO with bolt strike if it predicts your V-Create and if it's specs nidoking can revenge with earthpower. Last thing change Blastoise and nidoking atk iv to 0 and zapdos to 2 atk to mimize the confusion and foul play damage.
Sabeyle>Ferroseed
Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SDef / 120 Def
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Nidoking Stealth Rocks>Focus Blast

Virizion>Scrafty
Virizion @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Blastoise and Nidoking 0 atk iv
Zapdos 2 atk iv.

GL with your team and I hoped I helped!

I think your team could have some use to a Qwilsfish thanks to its ability to setup hazards, having Intimidade and a nice poison-water typing, but to fit it in your team would need a LOT of changes since it will get in conflict with both Blastoise and Nidoking...

I also agree that Scrafty isn't the best option as a setup sweeper mainly because it can't properly sweep with only a +1, while with its mediocre speed it can be easily revenge killed. I think a Bulk Up build could be more successful if you wish to keep it. But I personally don't like Scrafty in UU at all...

last thing I point is that Ferroseed is a TERRIBLE choice as a wall mainly because of its typing. Most offensive threats in the tier are fire or fighting, both hitting the small seed super-effectivly. Sableye is a nice option instead, being able to cripples every common fighting in the tier bar Guts Heracross, something you can deal with either Zapdos or Victini depending of the build. But if you wish to keep your FWG defensive core you could try a Rotom-C instead; with him you could get rid of ground types. But a Sableye can cover your weakness in a better way than keeping the FWG core.

If interessed in the builds I mentioned, take a look here:

Sableye @ Leftovers Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray/Foul Play

- Taunt
- Recover

Rotom (Rotom-C) @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Leaf Storm

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Waterfall
(I really wanted to fit it in)

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Hope I could give you some ideas, and good luck with your team.

I am definitely trying out Sableye and getting rid of Scrafty for probably Virizion. This will allow me to keep the FWG core, retain a Fighting type, while also allowing me to handle the major threats to this team, Snorlax and Cofagrigus, more effectively. I would consider Qwilfish, but as you said, it would be very hard to fit onto my team and I really have no problems with Nidoking or Blastoise, even though the latter could be better. I think that Rotom-C's Electric typing would provide very little as opposed to Virizion's Fighting typing since I already have Zapdos.
Thank you for posting! I really appreciate any and all suggestions.

ss234

bop.
Hi there. This looks like a pretty decent balanced team, however there are some weaknesses.

As others have pointed out, fighting types look like they could give you a bit of an issue, as your only two fighting resists, victini and zapdos, take heavy damage upon switch in and can be worn down by stealth rock. You also have no Stealth Rocker, and this increases your large weakness to Zapdos, which can basically destroy everything on your team with Tbolt, Heat Wave and Hidden Power Ice.

Therefore, I recommend running both Snorlax and Cofagrigus over Whimsicott and Zoroark. Whimsicott is only an annoyance poke, and really doesn't help you against any specific threat apart from maybe froslass, but that has Ice beam anyway to destroy whimsicott. Zoroark is far too frail to beat any psychic or ghost type, and certainly can't switch in on a Hidden Power Fighting from the likes of cofagrigus or even thunderbolt from azelf.

Snorlax, however is able to easily deal with the majority of ghost types in the tier, as well as Zapdos and Raikou thanks to it's excellent special bulk. It is much more reliable against ghost and psyshic types thanks to it's bulk and immunity to ghost and pursuit / crunch coverage. Cofagrigus is easily one of the best switch ins to fighting types, as well as wide variety of physical atackers such as Ambipom and Cincinno.

Now for the issue of no Stealth rock. The easiest way to fix this is run a different set for Cobalion with sr. The set I recommend is the utility set on site, as it has voltturn to bring in the likes of Kingdra, snorlax or cofagrigus and either trap something with lax or setup a sweep. HP Ice is also very handy to help deal with Gligar, which at the moment your team has problems with.

Now for the Zapdos set. The best set IMO for choice specs is thunderbolt / heat wave / volt switch / hidden power ice. This gives you pretty much perfect neutral coverage, allowing you to hit everything in the tier for good damage. Although Signal Beam hits Umbreon harder, it is barely more powerful than Thunderbolt, and doesn't make a difference, as neither 2HKO's even after rocks. No one uses Umbreon anyway because Chansey is better in every single way either.

Here are the sets and changes:
Snorlax @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Hidden Power Flying--->Hidden Power Ice
Signal Beam--->Heat Wave

GL and I hope I helped.

Thanks. I'll definitely try out your suggestions.
I have actually been considering Snorlax for a while, but was hesitant for some reason. I do must question the use of TR on Cofagrigus because although it helps Cofagrigus, it would be a liability for the rest of my team. Lastly, how do you suppose I keep Rocks off of my side of the field? Do you think giving Cobalion Taunt would be an appropriate way?

hello Morningsun , cool team ^^
the first thing I suggest you change the set to cobalion, I would recommend a set more 'defensive try putting 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 Spe, as move put Stealth Rock / Close Combat / Volt Switch / Taunt, helps you to set the hazard and has a little 'more' of bulkyness :), inolte having your pokemon are convinced that it would be enough to ruin a sabeyle with the tam Wow, so you first of all i would recommend you also remove spects to the Zapdos and give leftovers, is a strong pokemon and you can not predict the risk if your opponent has a swampert in his team.
Then uses a set of Zapdos like this: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe, moves like Thunderbolt / Heat Wave / Hidden Power Grass / Roost, obviously you put the item as LO, assa not give up his power but at least if you mess up you can remedy and then recovered with roost, then this also helps with Sableye.
For Kingdra I think you should put a set Chesto Berry, the leftovers are not going well, you will then boosted and recoveries life, you may also try the set raindance, as attacks dmeteor and hydro pump.
The set of snorlax is very original, nobody uses it, but since I do not have a Roserade you can set the hazard eg goes well, the surprise is nice, and put it together in confagius saves you a lot of damage done by cobalion opponents, those LO
Good Luck ^^

Thank you for the advice. I like the Zapdos suggestion and will definitely try it out. I am a bit hesitant about changing Cobalion's set atm. I may later. However, I am currently re-testing Blastoise, and other spinners in place of Kingdra and w/o Cobalion, I'd be w/o a sweeper. Because of this, I will be unable to change Kingdra's set atm also. Thanks again.
And thank you to all who have posted here and to all who may in the future. I really appreciate the help^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)