SS OU Balance w/ webs

First time on RMT, could use the advice. This is my attempt at a balance team, relying on webs to help Dracovish outspeed and sweep late game.

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Leech Life

Dracovish needs no explanation, all out attacker. I opted for leech life over dragon stab to hit grass types, since the team struggles against bulky Rillaboom if Dragapult goes down early. This is also a natural check to opposing Dracovish.

Excadrill @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

The team needed a good spinner, since it's weak to stealth rock and relies on your side being clear of webs. Mold breaker to hit Rotoms (and the heavy boots Shedinjas I've been seeing pop up), and a shuca berry to allow it to 1v1 opposing Drill. Enough hp to take some damage from hazards and get a spin off against max attack Drill.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn

If you're not able to clear your own side of webs, you'll obviously need a scarfer. Darm is probably the best choice, but I'm still debating removing something and adding earthquake so it's not walled by Pex. Otherwise, uturn into psychic fangs from Dracovish does the job.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Since there's so many physical attackers in the tier, I opted for a rocky helmet Ferro. The SpD investment let's it check Dragapult, and protect let's you scout for flamethrower. Ferro and Araquanid form a pretty great defensive core, especially since opposing ditto is likely to steal your dracovish/darm.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

This team is very weak to sub/bulk up Corviknight, so infiltrator Dragapult felt necessary. Shadow ball into max phantam knocks out toxapex, which the team can struggle with. I don't see it an option to use physical Pult, since otherwise the team would have no special attacker.

Araquanid @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Reflect
- Protect

Araquanid is an amazing check to a lot of the big threats in the tier. With reflect, it can check Dracovish, Darm, Gyarados (if dmax has been used) and non rock slide Drill. Sitrus berry usually gives you the opportunity to set webs more than once, if necessary, and liquidation hits hard without any attack investment.

Thanks for reading, please use if you like it, and any advice is appreciated.

I reccomend power whip over gyro ball on ferrothorn, that way you can easily deal with water absorbers and help out 'vish.

For araquanid I suggest lunge over reflect, as it can help to weaken physical attackers even more. Also consider water absorb so you don't get reverse swept by dittovish.

If you need rocks then I recommend focus sash over shuca berry on excadrill so it can live more than just opposing eq, however if it's just for rapid spin then try heavy-duty boots so it doesn't get slowed down by webs and dunked on by something it would normally outspeed.

If you want EQ on darm, get rid of superpower, it and flare blits hit every resist that the ice type has. U-Turn is a very useful move for an offence team, so I'm strongly against removing it.

Something I do when I use 'vish is give it outrage over leech life so it can max wyrmwind ditto, other 'vish and water absorbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)