Unofficial Metagames Balanced Hackmons Mega Rayquaza — a compilation of weird sets

Would this team do well competitively?

• This team is brilliant!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Hi all!
I got really bored playing around in OU and Ubers, and decided to try out some other
metagames.
Which led me to Balanced Hackmons.
The idea caught me at once, and I started creating this team.
Only problem is, my team seems to be wrecked by odd sets like Pokemon with priority. So I thought: there are bound to be some people in BH, why not ask them? So here we are.
Ok, enough talk, let’s get to the team.

The team

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic Terrain
- Photon Geyser
- Rapid Spin
- Taunt
- Taunt
This is my lead.
Magic Bounce makes entry hazards and Leech Seed get bounced back to the opponent, which has helped my quite a bit.
Psychic Terrain prevents status and priority, and has helped me out many times before. Psychic Seed is just there because of Psychic Terrain. Photon Geyser helps kill Sturdy Shedinja, and the Psychic-type move. Rapid Spin to escape from weird moves like Magma Storm, Infestation, Anchor Shot, etc.
In all honesty, this could be any Pokemon, I just chose Mega Mewtwo Y.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Brave Bird
- Head Smash
- Light of Ruin
This is my favourite set of the bunch.
When I stumbled upon the idea, I was thinking, why has nobody ever come up with this idea before?
As Magic Guard protects the user from LO, recoil, status, etc., a Magic Guard Life Orb set can be used to revenge kill a huge portion of the metagame using Mega Ray’s gigantic Speed stat and sky-high attack. The knot problem with Mega Ray is that is is very frail. One Ice Beam OHKOes it.
All the moves are just chosen to take advantage of Magic Guard :)

Rayquaza-Mega @ Draco Plate
Ability: Contrary
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
Now, Contrary Mega Ray is a common sight nowadays, so no wonder that Contrary is being (or was, depending on what date you are reading this RMT) suspect tested.
You know what this set is. V-Create, Draco Meteor Andy Dragon Ascent all raise the users stats, and any opponent without a Spectral Theif user is going to die pretty quickly. Unless they move first.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
This guy should be pretty familiar to all of you.
Mega Gengar is the only Pokemon on this team to have a standard set. The Imposter-proof one :)
While I was playing with this team, I quickly realized that my team was susceptible to Imposter. I lost every time I faced an Imposter. So I replaced my Solgaleo with this :)
No need to explain the set. You guys should already know this :)

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Geomancy
- Protect
Now, Xerneas is pretty rare in BH, but as this team was an adaptation from my Doubles Ubers team, my Xerneas is still here.
I switched out Dazzling Gleam for Wish, as there is no need to hit two foes at one in BH, and my team could have done with a little Wish support.
In all honesty however, this can be changed. It’s main role, killing Dragons, can be done by another Pokemon better (I think :blobthinking:).

Kyogre-Primal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Water Pulse
The last set here, this was an experimental set.
Mega Launcher Primal Kyogre uses all the Pulse moves with Mega Launcher to deal increased damage.
However, I think I’ll be changing Water Pulse to Heal Pulse for recovery.

Yeah, that’s it. Thanks for reading, and give helpful suggestions!

Replays (these are the ones with Mega Alakazam. Don’t worry, their essentially the same :)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-921236380 win after Alakazam Magic Bounced Toxic Spikes to the opponent (thanks Zam :)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-921238477 opponent forfeit after Psychic Terrain from Zam protected me from opponent’s Leech Seed and Contrary Mega Ray swept.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-921240251 I forfeit after Deoxys’ Skill Swap looked like it was going to kill me (yes, I know, I could have won, I was stupid)https://pokepast.es/7e78edfa02384dadhttps://pokepast.es/7e78edfa02384dad

Attachments

Last edited:
So I can tell you’ve structured this team moreso how you would with a team in a standard meta using Taunt leads and revenge killers and the like. Unfortunately, BH doesn’t really work the same as other metas, so most of these roles don’t need filled. The biggest problem with your team is the lack of a defensive core, which is crucial to a good BH team. I’m going to try to fix this up as much as possible while still staying true to the original team.

First Off, POgre doesn’t really work the best as the sort of offensive mon you’re using him as. To fix this, I’ll swap him with a Regenvest variant that’ll help act as a strong pivot for your team.

Kyogre-Primal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Scald for burns and STAB, CE to fight dragons and certain PHealers, rapid spin for hazard removal, and U-Turn for pivoting.

Next up, we’ll move into Xern. That kind of sweeping set you’re running unfortunately doesn’t work too well in BH due to the lack of opportunity to set up, along with that specific set’s lackluster offensive capabilities. Unfortunately, Xern just doesn’t fit well with the team, so I’m going to have to scrap the set. We can replace it with another mon to strengthen your defensive core: Prankster Aegislash

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
Sassy Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Destiny Bond

Steel, being a good defensive typing, allows you to switch into a lot of threats. Haze stops sweeps, Shore Up for heals, U Turn for pivoting, and DBond for taking out big threats.

You still however lack any good physical switchins, so I’m going to make one last addition to your defensive core. Ray doesn’t typically make the best MGuard user, so we’re going to swap him out for defensive mon. I’ll recommend using FC Zyg.

(Zygarde-Complete) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Level: 99
Sassy Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

This set is self improof so it can trap imposter if it tries switching in aggressively. TWaves to trap, Spectral to stop setup and hit Gira, Shore Up for heals, Volt Switch for pivoting, and Groundium Z for either burst damage or to beat Normgar.

Now that your defensive core is fixed up a bit, I’ll make your offensive mons into more optimized sets for this meta.

Starting off with MMY, as I said earlier, leads like this aren’t really strong in BH. I’ll replace this set with one more suited for offense

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Moongeist Beam

This set has very strong special attacking power and is also a way for you to hit Shed better.

Your Contrary Ray set can fit decently into the team, but I’m going to change it up so Imposter can’t take it and auto-win.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Draco Plate
Ability: Contrary
Mild Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Judgment
- V-create
- Defog

This set can use Draco Judgement to hit imposter supereffectively while you resist all their attacks. It’s far from a great set at upper ladder, but it should work well enough for now and is easy to use. Defog is for misc team support and to avoid breaking improof

The last change I’m going to recommend is a smaller one. Moldygar is a good mon, but I’m going to make a slight moveset adjustment.

Modest Nature
- Pursuit
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Replacing King’s Shield with Pursuit will make enemy Shed’s a near nonfactor in the matchup due to the ease of trapping and killing it with Pursuit.

Overall, the team is still far from perfect, but I hope this team works a bit better for you!

737373elj

Banned deucer.
The last change I’m going to recommend is a smaller one. Moldygar is a good mon, but I’m going to make a slight moveset adjustment.

Modest Nature
- Pursuit
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Replacing King’s Shield with Pursuit will make enemy Shed’s a near nonfactor in the matchup due to the ease of trapping and killing it with Pursuit.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
However, I think I’ll be keeping my original set as the MMY set you recommended alr has Moongeist Beam for Sturdy Shedinja, and Puirsuit on my Gengar allows Imposters to outspeed and KO mine.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks for all the suggestions!
However, I think I’ll be keeping my original set as the MMY set you recommended alr has Moongeist Beam for Sturdy Shedinja, and Puirsuit on my Gengar allows Imposters to outspeed and KO mine.
Thanks for the suggestions!
+4 0- Atk Mold Breaker Gengar-Mega Pursuit vs. -2 252 HP / 252 Def Gengar-Mega: 200-236 (61.7 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Moldgar doesn’t die to Pursuit even after two shell smashes. Along with that, having a mon with a Moldy move doesn’t make your team strong against Shed. You still have to use MMY to kill it despite MMY’s inability to switch in. That’s why Pursuit on Gar is a good choice; It manages to still be a strong option as a whole while also hard countering Shed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)