Other [Balanced Hackmons] Requesting Assistance (33-0 on ladder)

Proof of peak:
412042095.png

(although to be fair the BH ladder is just as bad, if not worse, than the Anything Goes ladder.)

Introduction
JUST WORTH NOTING THAT I DIDN'T MAKE THE ORIGINAL IDEA FOR THIS TEAM. I TWEAKED SOMEONE ELSE'S TEAM FROM THE LADDER.
One day, I got bored of playing with my volt-turn-to-the-wallbreaker team, and instead decided that I wanted a new team. I wanted this team to be the greatest team I ever made. I wanted it to be the greatest team BH had ever seen. I wanted it to be the most innovative, dominant team BH had ever seen. But most importantly, I wanted to crush those who stood in the way with the blood of their failure.
So I took an idea from a team I lost to on the ladder, and pretty much made it better.
Worth noting that Flint was the original creator of this Groudon back in the days when Groudon-P didn't even exist, and rishirules was the one i took this team from.

tl;dr Groudon-P spam is pretty broken.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS
Well, I first wanted to build a team around the core of Primal-Groudon/Primal-Groudon/Primal-Groudon/Primal-Groudon/Primal-Groudon, since that's currently one of the best cores in BH imo.

Then I added a Chansey because really, this is bh.

THE TEAM

fred (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Whirlwind
- Thousand Arrows
- King's Shield
This is chansey, the only reason my team even somewhat works. It's my only shedinja switch-in, which can be problematic at times, but oh well, it does its job well enough in tanking almost all hits, being a nice scouting pivot, making people think twice about setting up, etc., etc.
Of course, all those roles above aren't too important besides switching into shed. The real reason it's on my team is because I needed something that my Groudons could use assist to draw 1k Arrows from. The rest of the moves are just fillers and cannot be drawn by assist.

bob (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- Dragon Tail
- King's Shield​

My first Groudon-Primal was added to obliterate the grass types and bug types that would foolishly attempt to wall it. Now, truly with 0 resists outside of parasect and leavanny, this Groudon can truely shine, being both imposter proof, bulky, and nearly impossible to wall. You'll be clicking assist 99.9% of the time so don't worry about the other moves, since those can't be draw by assist, which is why they're in this moveset. Honestly, this Groudon puts in almost no work, since there are literally no bug types or grass types in BH. It's still a nice bulky attacker though, and is useful when you run into the occasional gourgeist or Mega Heracross.

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Transform
- Assist
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail​

This Groudon is the star of the show, really abusing that Banded priority 1k Arrows to its full extent. Since Thousand Arrows is pretty broken, the only thing you can hope to wall it with would be [insert fur coat pokemon or shedinja here]. Again, don't worry about the other moves, you will be clicking Assist 99.9% of the time, and maybe dragon tail 0.1% of the time. Let me sink this in 1 more time before we move on: a 90 BP move coming off a base 180 attack stat, STAB, and a choice band, that can't be used by imposter, and has priority.

johnny (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail​

Why have one when you can have two???? Seriously, Prankster is so good that I couldn't keep myself from adding this. This Groudon gives me an excuse to play recklessly without fear of losing my win condition, because hey, there's another one right here. I guess another difference it has is prankster trick, but like i said, it's not like you'll be clicking anything besides Assist any time soon. It works like bird-spam, but this time instead of weak mega pinsirs or talonflames, there's Prankster Groudon-Primal's Assist Thousand Arrows (which is much better if you couldn't tell already).

sally (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Whirlwind
- King's Shield
- Thief​
In a tier infested with Sturdy Shedinja, what would we do without a mold breaker? This Primal Groudon's job is to really kill shedinja and fur coat pokemon, both of which this team would fall to otherwise. Once it safely gets in on shedinja, the opponent pretty much has to either make something take heavy damage or die. A rule to keep in mind when playing with this team is that if you see a shedinja, keep this team alive. However, if you see two shedinjas, you have to either forfeit to spare the humiliation or hope your opponent is a bad player. Oh yeah, and keep this alive for fur coat pokemon too, since you'll automatically lose if this is dead and they're not using fur coat Aegislash or something like that.

johnny (Groudon-Primal) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Assist
- Dragon Tail
- King's Shield
- Whirlwind​

If this team were unable to check the random, crappy gimmicks that Balanced Hackmons throws at you all the time, or sleep spam, which is incredibly annoying all the time, there's no way this Groudon-spam team would win more than half of its games. Here is my magic bounce Groudon that pretty much beats every single bad gimmick that would screw over my team via magic bounce + safety goggles (ranging from things like mold breaker spore to leech seed shuckle to toxic anything to leech seed anything to anything that can be magic bounced). Note that Thousand Arrows is extremely weak on this thing, but it's still an imposter proof 90 BP STAB physical move, so whatever.

Fur coat pretty much screws over my team. The annoying part is that you don't know it's fur coat until it's too late.
A well played shedinja is extremely problematic for my team. If it manages to click endeavor and parting shot at the right times, I can be in for a very, very, long game.
Dual Shed. Like I said above, you might as well forfeit at the team preview.

Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- Dragon Tail
- King's Shield

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Transform
- Assist
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail

johnny (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail

sally (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Roar
- King's Shield
- Thief

johnny (Groudon-Primal) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Assist
- Circle Throw
- King's Shield
- Thief

fred (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Whirlwind
- Thousand Arrows
- King's Shield

Conclusion

Fur coat and Dual Shedinja are useful in BH.
Here's the only replay i have:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-193590285

Last edited:
Don't you think adaptability can work better in the tinted lens Groudon? You hit as hard the ground-resistant mons, and it's power is doubled against the rest of the mons. imo much better, or am I wrong?

I thought that the EV's of every pokemon could be 252 in Balanced Hackmons right?
If so then change that (obviously). If not then when was that changed?

Edit: Apparently the max is now 510 in BH

Last edited:

rortik

Banned deucer.
Yea this team is insanity.

Copy pasted it, and without any experience whatsoever with the team went 13/0 on the alt CanAshWinInOU without anything coming close.

Then I got bored and stopped.

Thousand Arrow variants of this are pretty much walled by Fur Coat mons, but you'll still die if you don't have Mail because they'll just trick you and laugh.

MegaBro with Fur Coat/Slowbronite (however you spell it)/Toxic seems to stop this team pretty well, but against everything else it's kind of... underwhelming. Cresselia is a much better mixed wall, but can't stand up to the terror of Pdon spam. My team will sorely miss you Cresselia, as I am weaker overall without you, but at least I won't die to Pdon any longer.

:(

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Anybody else notice that it has been 35-0 for a while now? lol

Tho the score has decayed an awful lot. It was 1504 last time I checked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)