Audino-Mega @ Power Herb
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Geomancy
- Cotton Guard
- Milk Drink

It's impossibly bulky (>1400 defence after 1 Cotton Guard and >1000 special defence after one Geomancy). Not to mention that using both moves only once puts stored power at 380 base power (using Geomancy again puts it's base power at 500 [+6 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (500 BP) vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 116-137 (31.8 - 37.6%) -- 91.2% chance to 3HKO]). It's also immune to Spectral Thief. Normal power, yo.

+4 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (380 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 419-493 (118.6 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Mewtwo-Mega-Y V-create vs. +6 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega: 161-190 (39.2 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
audino heal up more damage than mewtwo put out. audino ohko mewtwo. audino win every time.

Did I mention it has 597 speed after one Geomancy, which is higher than a Deoxys-Speed with fully invested speed stats (504)?

(A major problem is that a single Dark type mon renders it completely useless but I usually just make sure that any Dark types are dealt with before sending it in lmao. I tested it with Power Trip instead of Stored Power to see if it was just as effective but it just sucks on Audino lol.)
( i also recently managed a turnaround with this thing in a stall war that won me the game if youre interested (they forfeited but just take that as proof of the fear that mega audino inspires in its opponents > http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-559685884 [50 turn battle woops lmao] )
The Audino set loses to Imposter, Unaware, Darks, Steels, Prankster Haze/Topsy Turvy, Chansey, etc. It's also a 1 trick pony - once it's forced out, you aren't realistically setting it up again unless your opponent is bad. If you do want to run that exact set (ie on a bulky Normal type), why not run it on Arceus? You hit much harder and you're still immune to Specthief, though I'm not convinced going no-STAB is a good idea.

These assume you managed to get both Geo AND Cotton Guard off, which is not that likely to happen. Realistically you're looking at a 260 BP Stored Power.
+4 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (380 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 500-589 (71 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (clicks haze, metal burst, or WW)
+4 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (380 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 264-311 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (380 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Solgaleo: 127-149 (26.5 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Mewtwo-Mega-Y

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam / Spore / Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Psyshock / Spore / Quiver Dance

Summary

Honestly think sheer force is such an underrated ability so I decided to share, this set synergies well with psychic terrain.

Registeel

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Perish Song
- Spiky Shield
- Shore Up

Summary & Counters
Pretty basic perish song trapper, except this set has soundproof which allows the user to become immune to perish song, registeel is a great mon to use this trapper set on due to the fact that it's great against stall teams just to whittle their members down, one by one, usually not being able to kill registeel in 3 turns with attacks, and it's great defensive typing against stall. A.K.A immune to Toxic U-Turn and Volt Switchers can also pivot out of the trap. Whirlwind can also get rid of registeel to nullify the effect of anchor shot

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Alakazam-Mega

Alakazam-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

Summary

Honestly think sheer force is such an underrated ability so I decided to share, this set synergies well with psychic terrain.
This set is basically walled by any steel type as well as naturally bulky mons such as Kyogre-Primal. Consider running Blue Flare.
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Alakazam-Mega Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 100-118 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- 68.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Alakazam-Mega Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Solgaleo: 192-229 (40.2 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam-Mega Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- 99.4% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

I agree with tegrof19, you should just use Mewtwo-Y. It's slightly bulkier but also much more powerful. Since it has a good attack stat, it can run Bolt Strike to kill Kyogre-Primal as well.
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mewtwo Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mewtwo Blue Flare vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Solgaleo: 281-333 (58.9 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Mewtwo Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 328-387 (81.1 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

As a BH newbie, I'm wondering why I'm not seeing more of two things. I mean, yeah, I could be a tactical genius and have found something no one else has, or (far more likely) they suck at higher tier play and I just havent seen why yet.

Furstly, Strength Sap seems like a guranteed 100% heal unless you're facing Shuckle or Blissey, (After the max EVs) but even then its a good chunk of HP. So why isn't it used more often, especially with so many pokemon equipped to deal with the occasional Contrary mon?

Also, I've never seen anyone else run a Z-Conversion to Normal type. It gets the ball rolling for Stored Power Trip tactics quite nicely with a Spectral Thief immunity.

You said why yourself for Strength Sap. Contrary boost and some walls can min-invest in attack, like Chansey, to make it a mediocre heal. I think it can also be bounced.

Z-Conversion only works once. So if you get forced out, you lose those boosts permanently.

The reason for strength sap is that it's unreliable since the healing goes down after every use, and it's not a 100% heal except the first time. Also, magic bouncers can switch on it and it will restore the magic bouncer's hp. Z conversion is powerful if checks to it are gone, but most good players have a phazing move or haze to stop the booster, and hope that they don't get killed by coverage. To set up an offensive mon, most people opt for shell smash, since it boosts speed above the entier unboosted metagame in most cases except super super slow, like below base 85 speed, slow.

As a BH newbie, I'm wondering why I'm not seeing more of two things. I mean, yeah, I could be a tactical genius and have found something no one else has, or (far more likely) they suck at higher tier play and I just havent seen why yet.

Furstly, Strength Sap seems like a guranteed 100% heal unless you're facing Shuckle or Blissey, (After the max EVs) but even then its a good chunk of HP. So why isn't it used more often, especially with so many pokemon equipped to deal with the occasional Contrary mon?

Also, I've never seen anyone else run a Z-Conversion to Normal type. It gets the ball rolling for Stored Power Trip tactics quite nicely with a Spectral Thief immunity.
Magic bounce and sub can completely shut down a mon whose only healing is Strength Sap, so if the opp has a mb mon in a team he can just go on it everytime and you'll just get progressively worn down without being able to heal. If the mon you try to wall has sub than you're just not walling it. The main uses I've seen is either on mega gengar cause he traps or pp stall mons that run dual recovery but that might be just me.
There's also the fact that it can't be paired with prankster because otherwise it's blocked by dazzling and can't be used in terrain.

Z conversion is just bad.

I've been meaning to share this set for a while now:

Audino-Mega @ Power Herb
Ability: Simple
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Geomancy
- Cotton Guard
- Milk Drink

It's impossibly bulky (>1400 defence after 1 Cotton Guard and >1000 special defence after one Geomancy). Not to mention that using both moves only once puts stored power at 380 base power (using Geomancy again puts it's base power at 500 [+6 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (500 BP) vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 116-137 (31.8 - 37.6%) -- 91.2% chance to 3HKO]). It's also immune to Spectral Thief. Normal power, yo.

+4 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (380 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 419-493 (118.6 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Mewtwo-Mega-Y V-create vs. +6 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega: 161-190 (39.2 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
audino heal up more damage than mewtwo put out. audino ohko mewtwo. audino win every time.

Did I mention it has 597 speed after one Geomancy, which is higher than a Deoxys-Speed with fully invested speed stats (504)?

(A major problem is that a single Dark type mon renders it completely useless but I usually just make sure that any Dark types are dealt with before sending it in lmao. I tested it with Power Trip instead of Stored Power to see if it was just as effective but it just sucks on Audino lol.)
( i also recently managed a turnaround with this thing in a stall war that won me the game if youre interested (they forfeited but just take that as proof of the fear that mega audino inspires in its opponents > http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-559685884 [50 turn battle woops lmao] )
You might as well run Draining Kiss over Milk Drink imo, at +4 spa you should get alright healing and this way you don't immediately get forced out by dark types on a set where you only really have one shot at setting up

You usually go Cotton Guard first, getting a respectable 140 BP Stored Power.

+SpA is not needed, you get Chansey with neutral
+6 252 SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (500 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey: 729-858 (103.5 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You could also run Baton Pass instead Stored Power.
Everyone expects those walls to play passive, i have gotten sweept by some Solgaleo by surprise.

In my opinion M-Audino faces big competition with Meloetta here.

the joke

your heads

------

serious part of the post:

The Audino set loses to Imposter, Unaware, Darks, Steels, Prankster Haze/Topsy Turvy, Chansey, etc. It's also a 1 trick pony - once it's forced out, you aren't realistically setting it up again unless your opponent is bad. If you do want to run that exact set (ie on a bulky Normal type), why not run it on Arceus? You hit much harder and you're still immune to Specthief, though I'm not convinced going no-STAB is a good idea.

These assume you managed to get both Geo AND Cotton Guard off, which is not that likely to happen. Realistically you're looking at a 260 BP Stored Power.
+4 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (380 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 500-589 (71 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (clicks haze, metal burst, or WW)
+4 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (380 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 264-311 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252+ SpA Audino-Mega Stored Power (380 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Solgaleo: 127-149 (26.5 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
I actually usually do get off both Geomancy and Cotton Guard as long as I predict whether the opposing mon is physical or special. I'll admit that it's usually one of the last mons out and only if theres no dark types left.

You might as well run Draining Kiss over Milk Drink imo, at +4 spa you should get alright healing and this way you don't immediately get forced out by dark types on a set where you only really have one shot at setting up
Hadn't thought of that, thanks my dude.

Magic bounce and sub can completely shut down a mon whose only healing is Strength Sap, so if the opp has a mb mon in a team he can just go on it everytime and you'll just get progressively worn down without being able to heal. If the mon you try to wall has sub than you're just not walling it. The main uses I've seen is either on mega gengar cause he traps or pp stall mons that run dual recovery but that might be just me.
There's also the fact that it can't be paired with prankster because otherwise it's blocked by dazzling and can't be used in terrain.

Z conversion is just bad.
Eenh. I'm having good luck dealing with Contrary mons with Strength Sap, Multiscale and Haze. Super defensive pokemon like Megasteelix can tank a mildly boosted V Create with Multiscale, heal, and haze away that attack boost to PP stall its main threats.

Eenh. I'm having good luck dealing with Contrary mons with Strength Sap, Multiscale and Haze. Super defensive pokemon like Megasteelix can tank a mildly boosted V Create with Multiscale, heal, and haze away that attack boost to PP stall its main threats.
You'll be better off with a fat unaware poke or imposter chansey to take on contrary boosting threats. Someone better than me correct this but some good unaware walls are mega audino (Immune to Moongeist, bulky), zygod (Bulky as hell), and mega gyarados (Resists Moonngeist/Sunsteel).

anaconja

long day at job
You'll be better off with a fat unaware poke or imposter chansey to take on contrary boosting threats. Someone better than me correct this but some good unaware walls are mega audino (Immune to Moongeist, bulky), zygod (Bulky as hell), and mega gyarados (Resists Moonngeist/Sunsteel).
Gyarados-Mega is better as a Regenvest pivot, but Audino-Mega and Zygarde-C are great Unaware users. Registeel works too, although it appreciates Prankster as well.

I have relative good success using an unaware Gyarados with the following set:
Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Adamant/Bold Nature
EVs: all 252
- Pursuit
- Spectral Thief
- Whirlwind
- Recover

Gyarados has one advantage over other Unaware users: it resists Sunsteel, Moongeist and Power Trip and is immune to Stored Power. It is not only good for stopping opposing sweepers, but also a nice switch-in against those Specs MMYs that love to spam their Psystrike on Psychic Terrain, and kills them with its STAB Pursuit.
It is also very useful for finishing poison healers when they got hit by a core enforcer and didn't switchout immediately
Whirlwind allows me to stop normal-type sweepers too that are immune to Spectral Thief and removes substitute users from the battle. Unlike dragon tail, it can't miss, bypasses said substitutes and can hit fairies (although Gyarados doesn't like to get hit by a fairy-type move).

Zekrom @ Zap Plate
Ability: Galvanize
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Icicle Crash

I don't know about any of you, but galvanize fakespeed sounds fun. Zekrom being the highest attack electric type, I chose it. It could be viable, or only niche, but it still is a fakespeed user that doesn't get completely walled by steels.
252+ Atk Zap Plate Galvanize Zekrom Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 186-220 (51 - 60.4%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Could deal with registeel if it's weakened or doesn't have prankster.
252+ Atk Zap Plate Galvanize Zekrom Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 186-220 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery deals with aegi too.
Icicle crash is for obvious grounds and grasses that wall electric typing.
252+ Atk Zekrom Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 288-340 (45.2 - 53.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery deals big damage to zygarde.
Ye the only downside is that it gets screwed over by diancie and kyu-b which are the 2 other main fakespeed -ate users. Still could be fun though.

anaconja

long day at job
Zekrom @ Zap Plate
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Icicle Crash

I don't know about any of you, but galvanize fakespeed sounds fun. Zekrom being the highest attack electric type, I chose it. It could be viable, or only niche, but it still is a fakespeed user that doesn't get completely walled by steels.
252+ Atk Zap Plate Galvanize Zekrom Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 186-220 (51 - 60.4%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Could deal with registeel if it's weakened or doesn't have prankster.
252+ Atk Zap Plate Galvanize Zekrom Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 186-220 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery deals with aegi too.
Icicle crash is for obvious grounds and grasses that wall electric typing.
252+ Atk Zekrom Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 288-340 (45.2 - 53.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery deals big damage to zygarde.
Ye the only downside is that it gets screwed over by diancie and kyu-b which are the 2 other main fakespeed -ate users. Still could be fun though.
Zekrom was commonly seen in the earlier days of Gen7 BH. It usually runs this:

Zekrom @ Zap Plate / Focus Sash / White Herb / Ice Memory
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out / Spore
- Extreme Speed
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Crash / Ice Hammer / Multi-Attack

It functions as a great late-game cleaner, but kind of struggles in the mid-game. Since it has a paltry speed of 90, it can't do much against Dazzling, Queenly Majesty, and Psychic Surge sweepers. It also can't break PDon, and Unaware walls.
+2 252+ Atk Zekrom Ice Hammer vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 150-177 (37.2 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Zekrom's a neat Fakespeeder, but Primaldon and Ziggy give it grief and a coverage move that hits one doesn't do a lot to the other. Not to mention physical Ice moves are kinda... bad. Crabhammer is decent at least. Kyu-B usually takes Zekrom's spot as a Fakespeeder due to higher speed, higher power, and better coverage options. Not to mention, it also scares off opposing -ate speed Ray and Zekrom. It's even strong enough to KO Diancie with Fakespeed + stealth rock, provided its healthy enough and gets a safe switch in. Or has a high chance of doing it with no hazards if using Nevermeltice.

I'd probably look into Zek over Kyu-B for Fakespeed if either you really need the Electric priority, such as checking PH Q.Dance Kyogre, or are running Electric Terrain.

Poor Zekrom though, something new is always holding it back. Best Electric attacker Gen V, Nature Power Prankodon murdered it. NP switches to Tri-Attack in Gen VI, but Refrigerate and Pixelate show up and run the tier. Galvanize offers great viability to Zekrom, Zygarde-C is introduced. Watch Gen VIII add like, Electric Bubble but nerf Bolt Strike to BP 70 or some junk.

Now that you can have 252 EVs on all stats, stall is unbearable. I got tired and started running a cancerous team on the ladder and haven't lost since. If the other team has a wallbreaker or sweeper, you either reverse sweep them with impostor chansey/blissey or neutralize the threat with a prankster destiny bond mon or prankster trick choice scarf. You usually don't even need to do that as spectral thief with either fur coat or AV + Regenerator in some of the fattest mons is a pain to break. When you face another stall team you just wanna 'click x' all the time and then is actually a battle for who can stand longer before forfeiting out of boredom. Before this EV nonsense I found the hyperoffensive oriented meta to be much more fun.

(the nerf to priority and -ate also played its part. But it's not the main culprit).

Oh, Zekrom's actually super okay with Zygarde-C, as long as it isn't a 1v1 on even ground.

I personally like this set for it:

Zekrom @ Draco Plate
Naughty/Modest Nature
- Shell Smash/Quiver Dance
- Extreme Speed/Steam Eruption
- Boomburst
- Judgment

Since my BH matches today ruined the secret, I don't feel too bad sharing this one. Just Shell Smash up, and start dealing Judgment on some dragon fools. It does lose to fridge and pixi-speed, but is otherwise a power performer, managing to 2HKO Physically Defensive Mega Audino with a Galvanize Boomburst. It also smashes that aforementioned Zygarde-C with Judgment, and also impostorproofs itself, which is a huge boon over Kyruem-Black. It's better than it's ever been, really. Knock Off is rough to this set, though. As is Core Enforcer. But Core Enforcer is rough against nearly everything that's not a Fairy.

edit: Turns out Zekrom's got some troubles taking a shot to boost. It's still good, though. I slashed Steam Eruption for murdeling Primal-Groudon, who otherwise is just going to give this issues setting up, and Quiver Dance for if it goes fully special, as Shell Smash is not reliable enough for Zekrom's sake just setting up on anything out of the blue. Both versions Impostor-proof themselves incredibly well.

Last edited:
Zekrom's a neat Fakespeeder, but Primaldon and Ziggy give it grief and a coverage move that hits one doesn't do a lot to the other. Not to mention physical Ice moves are kinda... bad. Crabhammer is decent at least. Kyu-B usually takes Zekrom's spot as a Fakespeeder due to higher speed, higher power, and better coverage options. Not to mention, it also scares off opposing -ate speed Ray and Zekrom. It's even strong enough to KO Diancie with Fakespeed + stealth rock, provided its healthy enough and gets a safe switch in. Or has a high chance of doing it with no hazards if using Nevermeltice.

I'd probably look into Zek over Kyu-B for Fakespeed if either you really need the Electric priority, such as checking PH Q.Dance Kyogre, or are running Electric Terrain.

Poor Zekrom though, something new is always holding it back. Best Electric attacker Gen V, Nature Power Prankodon murdered it. NP switches to Tri-Attack in Gen VI, but Refrigerate and Pixelate show up and run the tier. Galvanize offers great viability to Zekrom, Zygarde-C is introduced. Watch Gen VIII add like, Electric Bubble but nerf Bolt Strike to BP 70 or some junk.

Ye I mentioned that Kyu-b kinda outclasses it and I know all the calcs with diancie and such, just thought I'd post a fun set for shits and giggles. And yeah electric terrain with galvanize fakespeed sounds fun.
Also yeah poor zekrom has gotten it bad over the past few gens. Hopefully in gen 8 electric bubble happens :p

Edit: also Zephyr Dragon Lord can you pm me some replays. I want to see how this set performs. It's gotten me intrigued actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)