ORAS NU Balanced NU

Just a team I threw together a while back. Thoughts?

Horny (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Standard double dance rhydon. Spd to take special hits. Rock blast to mess with submons.

Sc@ld (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Wall/antiwall. Mainly just here to force mantine switches, and stop xatu. Doubles as cleric.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Standard lead, and the main source of priority. This thing hits like a tank; most non-resisted hits 2-3 hit 50% of the tier. Basically every wall aside from ferroseed does badly against it.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Standard Ferro. Hazard setter, takes care of most leads. Not much else to say here.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Spinner. Haven't found much use for it outside of spinning, as pretty much everything gets knock off. Hits moderately hard.

Fuck Typhlosion (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

The name is self explanatory. Special wall, pretty much the best counter to typhlosion nu has to offer. Coverage for days; not much can safely switch in.

Last edited:

Silver Aurum

Hello there
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey so first quick change you should make is changing Dual dance Rhydons spread to 252 Speed 252 Att adamant. Secondly the standard Ferroseed EV Spread is 252 Def 252 HP Relaxed nature (To get more powerful Gyro Balls). Not exactly sure why you are running both T-Wave and Toxic on Lanturn but if its working for you I wont judge. If you do decide to replace either T-Wave or Toxic on Lanturn I would say use heal bell. All the other sets look fine and the team has decent synergy (Although it relies heavily on hariyama to check fire spam) The last suggestion I would make would be to give more explanation on why you chose these mons and just a general idea of what they do for your team. Hope I could help a little ^_^

Hey so first quick change you should make is changing Dual dance Rhydons spread to 252 Speed 252 Att adamant. Secondly the standard Ferroseed EV Spread is 252 Def 252 HP Relaxed nature (To get more powerful Gyro Balls). Not exactly sure why you are running both T-Wave and Toxic on Lanturn but if its working for you I wont judge. If you do decide to replace either T-Wave or Toxic on Lanturn I would say use heal bell. All the other sets look fine and the team has decent synergy (Although it relies heavily on hariyama to check fire spam) The last suggestion I would make would be to give more explanation on why you chose these mons and just a general idea of what they do for your team. Hope I could help a little ^_^
Spd is basically a necessity on dd rhydon. Can't properly take a special hit otherwise.

Changed the lanturn set, tyvm.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This looks like a good team, but the RMT will be locked if you don't follow RMT rules (all mons need at least 3 sentences of description). Fake out is also good on hariyama to overpower things with double priority, I'm not entirely sure why earthquake. It hits garbodor, but claydol spins all over it, and in general it doesn't fare well against your team

Silver Aurum

Hello there
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Spd is basically a necessity on dd rhydon. Can't properly take a special hit otherwise.

Changed the lanturn set, tyvm.
Well SpD Rhydon and Dual Dance Rhydon are 2 different sets, Dual Dance Rhydons Standard spread is 252 Speed not SpD But if you want to try something new you can go with SpD.

This looks like a good team, but the RMT will be locked if you don't follow RMT rules (all mons need at least 3 sentences of description). Fake out is also good on hariyama to overpower things with double priority, I'm not entirely sure why earthquake. It hits garbodor, but claydol spins all over it, and in general it doesn't fare well against your team
Thanks for the warning. Fixed it.

EQ was more of a filler move than anything else. I'll try fake out, see how it does.

I see what you mean with claydol, but I don't really see anything else I can do to check it without entirely changing a set/mon.

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What about Claydol? I was pointing out how well you handle Garbodor already as a reason for why you don't need earthquake

MZ

My bad, I said 3 sentences but it has to be lines

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)