Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Tornadus-T is one of the most important member of the team. Hurricane is a powerful STAB which hits a chunk of pokemon for a lot of damage and has a nifty confusing chance. Heat Wave is for those irritating Scisor and Ferrothorn and other Steel Types. U Turn works really well when paired with Regenerator and Knock Off is for additional utility, removing the foe's item. It also acts as the team's main check for Mega Venusaur and Amoongus. AV enables it to take a few special hits.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Keldeo acts as the main sweeper and stall breaker of the team. It carries Substitute to prevent Ferrothorn from seeding it and pokemon who can paralyze it to cripple it for the rest of the game. It can also set up Calm Mind from the free Substitute turn and proceed to be a powerful wall-breaker from there. Scald, with a generous burn chance can cripple Azumarill on the switch, whereas Secret Sword can OHKO Evilolite Chansey. Keldeo forms a good pair with Tornadus T, since it can eliminate Mega Venasaur, who Keldeo can't hit effectively and gets out by Giga Drain. Also both Scald and Secret Sword hit Heatran hard, and force it to switch out.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower

Clefable is a massive part of this team. Blessed with Unaware, it acts as a very solid check for DD Mega-Zard, BD Azumarill, SD Garchomp and pokemon that rely on setting up. Calm Mind increases it's utility and helps it sponge multiple attacks for special attackers, which healing with Moonlight. Moonblast is incredibly dangerous, especially with a boost. Flamethrower rounds off his coverage by dealing with Steel types. Clefable however is weak to scarfed Excadrill and Technician Bullet Punch for Scisor removes a lark chunk of it's HP.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundus and Tornadus form an excellent Volt-Turn pair in the team. Prankster T-Wave can cripple many fast threats in the tier like Weavile, Mega-Zam, Gengar and Keldeo. Volt Switch is a very good STAB move and helps get momentum, helping Thundurus to chip away with damage. Focus Blast is for those Steel types which can easily sponge Volt Switch and to catch Excadrill by surprise and to hurt it on the switch. HP Ice acts a a good coverage and hurts Lando-T, Garchomp and Gliscor. It can also trap Scarfed Excadrill locked into EQ.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill acts like a SR setter and remover. With maximum investment in HP and SpD and Leftovers, Excadrill can take a hit or two and set up and remove rocks. Additionaly, it has a great immunity to Toxic. Mold Breaker allows it to pass rocks past M-Sabelye and M-Diance (who can even be KOed by Iron Head). EQ is to hit pokemon weak to it hard after rocks have been set and removed and Iron Head is for those irritating fairies like Clefable and Sylveon on the foe's team. Sadly, aside from leftovers, Excadrill doesn't have active recovery and thus can be phased out slowly. EQ is also my only way of getting past Heatran if Keldeo is out of the game.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Ferrothorn is the main staller and wall of the team. In the event that Excadrill faints, he can set up Rocks. Leech Seed can eventually sap out the foe's pokemon while healing Ferrothorn. Gyro Ball hits hard for fairies and targets like M-Zam or Weavile. Protect is to further stall and let Leech seed do residual damage. Iron Barbs is too a brilliant ability, hurting physical attackers. However a nasty 4x weakness means that it will be setup bait for M-Zard and many fire types and gives Heatran a free turn. It also needs to be careful about the occasional HP fire carried by M-Venusaur and also the occasional Flamethrower on Slowbro and Clefable.

A few replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-353278620
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-352921501

One huge threat is Megagross, I've been swept by one. With Ice Punch, Iron Head and Zen Headbutt, Rock Polish that guy breezed through my team once Ferro was out.

I also want a pokemon who can use Aromatherapy, Heal Bell, Healing Wish type moves, can someone suggest if it's necessary and if it's worth removing one of these mons? Thanks.
-

Last edited:
First thing is this, Id suggest taking out Thundurus and putting in Mega Manectric. Mega Manectric would go really well with this team as it destroys offense and can be a great pivot alongside with torn-t having u-turn making a good voltturn core. Second, Id suggest running Magic Guard Clef or a Latias. Latias is good offensive support with healing wish and is a good hazard removal with defog. Latias can also better your chances at handling mons like keldeo which can put a dent in your team. Speaking of keldeo....

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
^ Id suggest running Specs > Life Orb Sub set Imo. if youre talking about a good special sweeper, then look no further from specs keldeo. itll put a dent in anything that comes in and will guarantee you success. keldeo already hits mons like ferro with secret sword and icy wind can hit lati switch ins which is highly reliable.

With these changes, your team will look alot better and more structured. Running a team with no type of leader is really bad and it makes the team look random and unorganized. Make sure when building a team, you focus on the core and its weaknesses and work from there building it with supporters. Hopefully this helps :).

The only reason why I used Thundurus in the first place is Prankster T-Wave, in the case the foe sets up DD/Rock Polish. I'll try Mega Manectric now, I've battled a few, they're quite quick and deal a lot of damage. Also Unaware Clef is for those pokes who like stacking boosts, Can you explain how a Magic Guard Clef is better? Thanks :)

Here's a replay with the updated team. Can you point out my mistakes too?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-353342728

Last edited:
The only reason why I used Thundurus in the first place is Prankster T-Wave, in the case the foe sets up DD/Rock Polish. I'll try Mega Manectric now, I've battled a few, they're quite quick and deal a lot of damage. Also Unaware Clef is for those pokes who like stacking boosts, Can you explain how a Magic Guard Clef is better? Thanks :)

Here's a replay with the updated team. Can you point out my mistakes too?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-353342728
I'll be glad to! I'll get to the rate in a minute but heres a bullitun list.
•Turn 1: Should have expected the switch, as he is clearly a good player and would not wish to stay in.
•Turn 26: I don't know why you went into excadrill, because your own meanetric would have worked just fine.
•Turn 35: Going into tornadus and staying in right there was very risky. Stone edge is on a lot of these things.
•Turn 47: Never double protect, unless it's the last turn are your only hope.
Well honestly, he made more mistakes then you.

But based off that video, I think you should use either focus blast or superpower on tornadus rather then heat wave. That's about it, dude. enjoy.

Ehy man :)
Your team has many problems against Charizard X, that 6-0 you, because has many chances to Setup for example against Clefable that haven't Thunder-Wave, or against Ferrothorn that haven't Thunder Wave. Also the sand team with Excadrill are really annoying for this team, because Ferrothorn is the only Swich-in to Excadrill that after SD destroy this team, because you haven't way to stop it. Also Manectric is annoying for this team, because your only swich-in is Clefable, that take off momentum because Manectric has Volt-Swich, also Clefable is unaware and lost HP from hazard, for this reason you need to speed, that with Manectric that has Overheat/Flamethower is hard.
The first thing you do not have a Mega in the team. I think that Manectric>Thundurus is the best option in this team, from what I understand you want a team that uses Volt-swich and u-turn users, and I don't think that Thundurus is really good as Volt-Swich user. Manectric gives you a fast Electric Type that helps in the lategame sweep, because you don't have a revegekill in this team.
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Also I think that Landorus-T > Excadrill Landorus form a good core with Manectric, maintains high the Momentum with u-turn and helps against Charizard X, Lopunny and Sand Teams.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

This is a volt-urn team and you need a hazard remove, I think that Latios > Clefable is the best option, Latios helps against opposing Manectric, check Keldeo that is annoying, and Check Charizard that destroy this team, because you don't have switch-in and you can only revegekill it with.Manectric, but is really bad. Roost is second my opinion the best option, because Earthquake/Thunderbolt is useless because you hit Heatran with Keldeo/Landorus-T and Bulky Water with Manectric. Roost gives you a good recovery that helps to check Charizard Y and Keldeo/Manectrit that create a lot of damage.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

A last advice is to use Specs Keldeo that maintain the offensive pressure, also Ice Wind is really good in this team, because hit Latios/Latias that are the main check (in a offensive team without Raikou) for Manectric.
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Also gives this spread on Ferrothorn 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spd. 168 Special Defense EVs give Ferrothorn enough special bulk to survive two Ice Beams from +3 Manaphy, also allows it against Gardevoir. Spikes/Curse are good option, but I don't think that Spikes is the best option because you have a defog users that take off your hazard. Power Whip>Protect is good, because allows you against Rotom that is annoying because burn Latios/Manectric/Tormadus that hate the status. Also helps you against Azumarill, because Ferrothorn is your only Swich-In for it.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes/Curse
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Summary of the changes
  • Latios>Clefable
  • Landorus-T>Excadrill
  • Manectric>Thundurus
  • The spread of Ferrothorn
  • The set on Keldeo
Team Complete:
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes/Curse
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Hope help you. :)

I'll make the required changes :) Tbh, I never faced problems with Zard X since Unaware Clefable always took care of him.

Should I be leading with Lando-T?

I'll make the required changes :) Tbh, I never faced problems with Zard X since Unaware Clefable always took care of him.

Should I be leading with Lando-T?
You shouldn't be leading with any specific pokemon. You look at the team, find potential leads, and find what would be best to fight those leads. However, if it comes down to it you could lead with lando-T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)