Monotype Balanced Poison

Balanced Monotype Poison

Intro

There hasn't been any monotype RMT in this forum for several weeks now so I thought, I should share a team which has proven itself to be decently successful, yet would certainly appreciate some improvements as certain matchups remain difficult. Although monotype as a whole is a bit underwhelming in this generation so far, I came to like poison quite a lot this time. I don't keep track of the exact peaks but the team got up to ~1680 so far, so I think it's at least somewhat competitive. Please don't be too harsh =]

The Team

Grace (Toxapex) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Stockpile
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover

The idea of the team and the choice of other sets all started with this pokemon. Toxapex is a staple on both poison and water teams but we wondered, whether it wouldn't be more interesting to go for a set slightly differing from the haze tspikes standard. This is, why we tried sotckpile pex as a way to turn unfavorable 1vs1 situations around as well as to simply upset some people. The set is complemented by scald for the chance to weaken physical attackers, which are often forced to put themselves at risk of getting burnt since they need to set up to have a chance of breaking this toxapex. Baneful bunker allows to scout choice items and avoid the crippling effects of trick as employed by rotom, indeedee and others. Recover and black sludge are self-explanatory and EVs allow to challenge physical attackers as much as possible.

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 120-144 (39.4 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 187-222 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 124-146 (40.7 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Charles (Weezing-Galar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Strange Steam

Running stockpile pex has some important consequences for the team, as moves such as haze or toxic spikes need to be placed elsewhere. Galar-Weezing is a wonderful addition for mono poison, still offering the so crucial ground immunity. Weezing in fact has way more great moves than it has moveslots so finding the best combination was challenging. Haze is crucial to stop setup sweepers, most notably corviknight and kyurem-black, with especially the latter being a huge obstacle for the team. Haze allows to reset stats even if kyurem is hiding behind a sub, buying my team at least a little time to try to find other counter measures. Thanks to its physical bulk, weezing gets the chance to burn many physical threats, including +1 kyurem (if it opts for attack rather than sub/set up). 76 speed EVs ensure to outspeed most corviknight variants, thus avoiding the taunt and being able to burn corviknight or defogging away the rocks to keep salazzle in the steel matchup as healthy as possible. Alternatively, higher def and only 12 speed EVs could be chosen to only outpace tyrannitar, but being faster than corviknight has been proven to be worth the little loss in physical bulk. Strange steam allows to damage pokemon such as lead kommo-o or the aforementioned kyurem, but also nuisances such as taunt and/or encore sableye which can otherwise be troublesome to get past.

+1 252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Weezing-Galar: 255-305 (76.3 - 91.3%) -- approx. 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Weezing-Galar: 224-266 (67 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Weezing-Galar: 146-174 (43.7 - 52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Lilly (Salazzle) (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 56 Def / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Disable

To stand a chance vs steel teams, using salazzle is almost inevitable. The combination of a fire type STAB and the ability corrosion is perfect to wear down a number of foes and allows salazzle to function either as poison-spreader or fast cleaner. Toxic is crucial in the mirror matchup, as it allows to break pesky mons such as opposing toxapex, skunktank and weezing but also helps vs other bulky mons such as corsola, bronzong or appletun. In conjunction with protect and disable, it allows to poison-stall for several turns as well as to simply cripple threats who only carry a single dangerous move or are choice-locked. Furthermore, the 2nd protect on this team is a great help in the psychic matchup, were scouting choice items is crucial. Overheat was chosen for highest possible damage output as any surviving foe threatens salazzle greatly due to its low defences. And unfortunately, even overheat is not able to OHKO aegislash or spd occa berry ferrothorn. 56 def EVs allow to survive 1 rockslide from jolly excadrill and allow to bait careless steel players, losing one of their greatest wincons in return. However, this only works early game as keeping salazzle healthy throughout the match is almost impossible. The sacrificed speed does not hinder salazzle in any way, as 200 speed EVs and a positive nature allow it to still reach 352 speed, outpacing all relevant pokemon such as ninetales-alola, keldeo or gavantula.

Thaniel (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Now I've been calling this a balanced team but so far it has been rather passive. To not be totally overwhelmed by speedy attackers, I chose scarfed gengar to complement my team. Scarf shadowball outspeeds everything and inflicts strong damage on any psychic type barring indeedee. Especially in the case that drapion goes down, scarfed shadowball is crucial to keep jirachi in check. Sludgewave functions as a second STAB move and is meant to give gengar as much power as possible. As coverage, focus blast and thunderbolt have been chosen. Focus blast is a great asset against steel teams once aegislash and corviknight are down and also helps greatly against the barely touchable tyrannitar and kyurem-black. Thunderbolt was mainly chosen to quickly dispose of pelipper and pressure toxapex, but also gives me at elast a slight chance in the flying matchup.

Monty (Drapion) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Leech Life

Not only a ground but also a psychic immunity is crucial for poison teams and muk-alola left large shoes to fill. With two options to choose from, I opted for drapion with its overall superior stats and attack. Here, I have chosen a speedy attacker as drapions decent speed tier allows it to threaten a number of annoying opponents. Knock off removes the opponent's item, while poison jab functions as secondary STAB. Earthquake helps especially vs fire and steel teams and leech life allows to keep drapion more healthy in the psychic matchup, allowing it to fulfil its pivotal role more faithfully. Although I do not use any bulk investments, assault vest was chosen because it can tip some matchups in its favor, surprisingly surviving hits from a number of special foes. Furthermore, max speed makes allows to bluff the scarf against some opponents, which then get surprised by a different attack, for example rotom-h on fire which might deem switching into earthquake to be safe. Alternatively, a bulky taunt and tspikes set could be run but the ability to outspeed certain pokemon such as rotom, lucario or specs chandelure has proven itself to valuable to give up. However, it should be noted that skunktank can also perform very well, offering taunt, sucker punch, defog and fireblast, all great assets in a number of matchups.

Margeret (Roserade) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Extrasensory
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Lastly, it wouldn't be a poison team without toxic spikes, right? Originally, weezing was my hazard setter but to relieve some moveslot pressure from it, I decided to move the toxic spikes to roserade instead. Roserade faces competition from vileplume, gloom and venusaur as grass type and I have gone thorugh some testing with venusaur before settling on roserade. Apart from freeing a moveslot on weezing, it additionally offered a great spa stat and decent speed. As such roserade can fulfil a dual role on my team, acting either as hazard setter or dangerous sweeper. Toxic spikes trouble a number of types, first and foremost those that tend to forego defog or do not have access to poison types. In conjunction with stockpile pex, this forms a dangerous combination as many foes do not manage to break toxapex due to being put on a poison-timer. As such, the hazards are especially helpful vs types like ice and ghost which struggle to remove hazards effectly and do not possess the bulk to be able to waste any turns. It also poses a great threat to normal teams, which generally do not run a defogger and aside from snorlax or possibly ditto and bewear, quickly succumb to the poisoning. On the other hand, choice specs roserade offers a great tool to deal with dangerous ground and water types. Energyball OHKOs most ground types and requires only some chip damage, such as LO recoil, to also dispose of excadrill. By using it as a lead, one is also able to fool water players into thinking roserade would be a suicide lead, which generally costs them their pelipper. Toxapex cannot switch into energyball and torkoal is either 2HKOed or dies to the poisoning side effect, while roserade can survive 1 sun-boosted lavaplume. Extrasensory was mainly chosen for the mirror matchup to have a tool which can corner pokemon such as weezing or toxtricity effectively. Leaf storm could be chosen over energyball to secure KOs against all excadrill and pelipper variants but also strongly reduces general spamability in the ground and water matchup.

Closing Remarks
Thank you very much for reading up to here and I hope you enjoy this slightly tweaked taked on mono poison! Below you can find a threat list of types and pokemon I struggle against as well as the importable if you would like to give the team a try. I'm happy for any advice you have to offer but please keep in mind, that stockpile toxapex, as it was my starting idea of the entire team, should be kept.

Flying teams - To put it simply, not having access to stealth rocks sucks and greatly hampers this matchup. Although only very few pokemon on flying can break my toxapex (flinching togekiss, nasty plot rotom), flying nonetheless has some assets to be annoying such as dragon dance gyarados or taunt noivern. Winning isn't impossible but difficult. I suppose, the easiest solution would be adding toxtricity but finding space for him is tough.

Grass teams - This might sound stupid, but yes, I greatly struggle vs grass teams and lose more often than not. It might be because the matchup is rather rare and I haven't figured out how to properly play it yet but the ferrothorn-appletun core and its leech seed stall, together with venusaur to remove tspikes is problematic. Furthermore, chlorophyll pokemon can hit me surprisingly hard and as long as whimsicott and rotom aren't dead, toxapex cannot setup effectively.

Normal teams - While neither heliolisk, diggersby or indeedee cause immense trouble, beating snorlax in the end always comes down to a pp stall. At that stage, it is crucial to already have killed ditto as it otherwise only comes in on toxapex to recover its health and pp stall me instead. Getting rid of ditto usually requires the bravery to click shadowball at the right moment, eliminating it on the switch in.

Kyurem-Black - I don't think this monster needs any explanations. Haze wisp weezing and scarfed gengar are a thin line of defense which can only counter is effectly if actions are taking quickly. To be honest, I am awaiting its suspect test. Toxic spikes can help but more and more people seem to opt for heavy duty boots or lum berry instead of leftovers.

Jirachi
- This one is mainly troublesome due to the many sets it can run. While scarfs can be scouted, calm mind set up is truly dangerous, especially when combined with a sub. At that stage, I can usually not beat it anymore.

Ribombee - This one requires some planning on the opponent's side but in fact, quiver dance ribombee can tear through poison if it carries psychic as coverage move. Especially on bug, heavy duty booty protect it from toxic spikes while shield dust does not allow scald burns. And thanks to its great speed tier, 1 quiver dance is already enough to outspeed and eliminate gengar. This hasn't happened to me yet but I believe if the bug players in those matchups would have played it smarter or carried psychic, it would have been game over.

Lilly (Salazzle) (F) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 56 Def / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Disable

Thaniel (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Grace (Toxapex) (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Stockpile
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover

Charles (Weezing-Galar) (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Strange Steam

Monty (Drapion) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Leech Life

Margeret (Roserade) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Extrasensory
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Hi Saezu, an interesting team you have here and nice to see you've had some solid ladder success with it. I do have some recommendations though however, and although it will be limiting, and I am skeptical about the Stockpile Toxapex I will not change it as you wish.

Major Changes

:Drapion: -----> :Skuntank:
Drapion -----> Skuntank

A huge threat that u did not account for in your threat list would be Alolan-Raichu, as in Electric Terrain it is able to outspeed and OHKO the majority of your team. Although your Drapion has Assault Vest (which is not the most optimal set to begin with), it can get worn down by Thunderbolt + Spikes in this matchup, thus being put in range of a terrain boosted Thunderbolt. Specially Defensive Skuntank can at least soft check Alolan Raichu with a priority Sucker Punch, which prevents it from sweeping you. Skuntank can also alleviate the 4 move slot syndrome you have going on from Galarian Weezing by running Defog on it. Protect is another tool important for Poison teams in order to scout for choice locked Pokemon. Black Sludge is the item of choice here.

:Roserade: ----> :Vileplume:
Roserade -----> Vileplume

By the nature of Poison teams, Excadrill is a huge threat. It is even more of a threat without a physically defensive Vileplume. Vileplume is able to avoid the 2HKO from Earthquake even with Stealth Rock up, and use Strength Sap to get back to full HP and successfully beat it from then on. Vileplume can also spread status with not only its ability in Effect Spore but also Sleep Powder to put a Pokemon out of commission. Giga Drain threatens all Water and Ground teams and Sludge Bomb can also spread poison. The main reason for opting Vileplume over Roserade, is that Mold Breaker Choice Scarf Excadrill would otherwise claim a KO every time it comes in. Plus you no longer need Roserade to function as a Toxic Spikes setter as you mentioned.

Minor Changes

:Salazzle:
Salazzle

Substitute + Protect is far better at Toxic stalling than Disable + Protect. Substitute also allows you to get initiative on forced switches, and beats passive Pokemon even easier as they cannot break the Substitute. Flamethrower is a far more reliable Fire-type move than Overheat, as it has far more PP and does not lower your SpA by two stages after just one use. Lastly, Maximum HP investment would further allow Salazzle to optimize its role with SubToxic. Your current Speed investment is fine quite honestly as you do indeed only need to hit 352 for the base 110s, and you do provide a small reason for your defense EVs, therefore a spread of 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe is most optimal here. Black Sludge is also the item of choice here to provide passive recovery.

:Gengar:
Gengar

This standard Choice Scarf Gengar set is fine, but you did mention that you struggle immensely vs Snorlax, and that you can only beat it in a PP stall situation. A solution to cripple Snorlax would be adding Trick over Thunderbolt in the last slot. In addition, Trick can also cripple Corviknight and Toxapex which were both hit by Thunderbolt. Gengar is also able to cripple Ferrothorn, therefore making the Grass defensive core easier to deal with to switch up moves vs Grass teams as you said in your threat list.

:Weezing-Galar:
Galarian Weezing

Since Skuntank now provides the role of a Defogger, this allows Galarian Weezing to run Pain Split, giving it a source of recovery and longevity throughout the match, without relying on just Black Sludge recovery, allowing it to check threats more reliably. In addition, you claim that Haze is important for both Corviknight and Salazzle, however, you do have means to defeat these Pokemon without needing to run Haze. Corviknight first of all runs Taunt regardless so you will not be able to Haze its boosts, and Salazzle will beat Bulk up Corviknight with SubToxic + Flamethrower, and Choice Scarf Gengar is able to Trick it to cripple it. Galarian Weezing is able to use Pain Split + Strange Steam to handle Kyurem-B as +1 Icicle Spear does not OHKO, and if it is not running Substitute, Will-O-Wisp will be able to cripple it as well, you also have a revenge killer in Choice Scarf Gengar and even Baneful Bunker poisoning from Toxapex if things get dire. Removing Haze now allows Galarian Weezing would now be able to run Toxic Spikes for the team, which puts foes on a timer. The current Speed investment you have is very hit or miss, as most Corviknight run around 180 to 200 Speed, therefore, you would rather invest your EVs into Defense.

That's all I've got for recommendations and good luck with the team!

:Weezing-Galar: :toxapex: :Vileplume: :gengar: :salazzle: :skuntank:
(click on the sprites for the importable)

Last edited:
Hey Splash, thank you for the recommendations! I think I agree with some, but disagree with others. Indeed, a-raichu can be troublesome but I think I forgot it because I virtually never run into electric teams and if I do, dracozolt is just as bad if not even worse. Suckerpunch (or rather adding priority in general) could be very helpful as poison by nature is often outsped. Skuntank is pretty good but I think both mons simply have different advantages. I think if I opt for skunktank, I would put a firemove somewhere to not be full deadweight against steel teams. For example, nasty plot lucario will become more of a threat with skunktank over drapion, while psychic types in general could be easier to deal with.

I like vileplume but found its lack of power combined with its weak performance in the poison matchup to be a bit offputting. Also it makes me a bit worried about weather match ups like vs pelipper, especially with also removing tbolt. Similarly, roserade deals with toarkoal for me. I will put vileplume to a test and see how it goes.

Regarding the smaller changes, trick on gengar is indeed very useful and I had it in mind as well but always was too scared of water and flying to try that. I guess, I should just test it out to see if it is better as you proposed. What I am personally not very in favor of, is subtect salazzle as I find this set to be rather underwhelming (or I can't use it properly). Even the most passive mons (toxapex, ferrothorn, corsola, appletun, corviknight etc) all break salalzzle's substitute with ease but many of them carry only 1 attack, making me overall very skeptical of the substitute set. Furthermore, flamethrower is pretty weak, failing to beat even excadrill. So even if I have a sub up, scarfed exca will nonetheless claim the KO on turn 2 after. Spa EVs or at least fireblast seem necessary, which brings bad accuracy into the equation... Painsplit on weezing is great so indeed, but yeah, I couldn't fit it. Do you have usage stats for the corviknight speed EVs because apart from 1 or 2 people (which I can identify by now) nobody on ladder seems to run more than 174 or 175 speed on corviknight, rather going for the max bulk sets. Foregoing haze vs kyurem sounds a bit dangerous. Strange stream is not strong enough to kill it on turn 2, and trying to burn it at this point can backfire enormously, if he decides to set another sub, which would give him a 2nd free dragon dance. And at that point both weezing and gengar become unfortunately useless. Toxapex has a very unfavorable matchup here due to an in my opinion great injustice as fusion bolt is not a contact move.

Overall thanks for the tips and I will try your suggested team! Also thanks for keeping the toxapex. No offense, but I have learnt that it is crucial to claim a certain mon or set to be important as otherwise, many people unfortunately turn your proposed team into one of the samples provided by smogon (which I can read myself). So it didn't necessarily have to be pex but I want to preserve at least some degree of uniqueness. Hence I am also not fully in favor of the "optimal set" term, as this is largely context-dependent and, e.g., in this case the toxapex set makes adjustments on some other mons necessary as well. Furthermore, slightly less optimal, yet still viable sets can be helpful when defying the opponent's expectations which can be important while laddering. Also I find it a lot more fun to use teams with a certain degree of personality, especially in tiers which are to 90% composed of identical sets and teams.

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Read all of the posts in this thread and wanted to share my input on a couple of things.

First off I agree with Splash here about adding these two Pokemon over Roserade and Drapion. He already explained the reasons, Skuntank being able to check Alolan Raichu and freeing up a slot for Galarian Weezing, and Vileplume checking Excadrill which otherwise gets a kill every single time, and in addition it's also amazing in the Ground matchup and doesn't get revenge killed by Sand Rush Excadrill like Roserade does. I wanted to address some of your concerns regarding these changes. First of all Dracozolt typically runs a Choice Scarf set meaning Vileplume can safely switch in on Bolt Beak, and if it goes for Outrage it's a free switch in to Galarian Weezing, and either way, keeping Drapion over Skuntank won't really change the match-up against Dracozolt anyway so that's not really a factor. As for Skuntank being dead weight against Steel-type teams that's not necessarily true. Opposed to Splash having Protect on his Skuntank, I recommend Taunt on it because it makes it a better hazard remover. In the Steel match-up using Taunt on Ferrothorn and switching to Salazzle is relatively free as it means you pretty much get a kill. Next up Vileplume's lack of power doesn't matter since it has a defensive role and Poison-type teams aren't geared towards offense anyway. Next you mention Pelipper and Torkoal; Torkoal isn't a threat because the combination of Toxapex, Salazzle, and Gengar should be more than enough to handle it and its Yawn shenanigans, while Pelipper if Specs is a big threat but Toxapex should be able to handle it with the combination of Stockpile, Recover, and Baneful Bunker to stall out rain turns. In addition, Toxapex and Vileplume as a core is annoying for Water teams to deal with, so you should be fine there.

Flamethrower is definitely the superior option here due to its consistency and no drawback as opposed to Overheat. Not getting the OHKO on Excadrill is irrelevant because Salazzle never stays in on Excadrill and Excadrill never switches in on Salazzle. Also Excadrill has no reason to click Rock Slide against a Poison team so it's not necessary to creep that, and in the event it does click Rock Slide you'd scout it with Protect and then have a free switch to Vileplume or Toxapex. I've heard of Disable Salazzle before, it's an interesting tech, but overall Substitute is way more productive. It can stall out weather in combination with Protect, stack Toxic damage, gain momentum on a predicted switch, and in some cases where you don't have a choice you can keep using Substitute and hope your opponent misses their attack such as against +2 Terrakion for example. The Pokemon you listed that break its Substitute are checked by the rest of the team, but that's not really the point of the set as you wouldn't be using Substitute anyway in front of a Pokemon that can break it unless they're poisoned and you want to stack up damage. If you think this set is not for you though that's fine, but I personally believe it's more productive than Disable.

So on ladder you might face slow Corviknights but among decent players they always run a solid amount of Speed which can range from 180-198, so the Speed investment is not worth it and Galarian Weezing doesn't like losing a lot of bulk. You mention you can't fit Pain Split on it but with the addition of Skuntank you can replace Defog with it. Keeping Haze is fine here in my opinion since you don't run it on Toxapex, so between that and your other three moves you should be good to go against Kyurem-b provided you keep Weezing healthy enough to handle it.

Before I wrap up this post I want to leave you with some suggestions that you could try out on alternate versions of your current team because there's multiple sets and options for some of these Pokemon that play different roles and improve different match-ups, while weakening others, since you can't prepare for everything on one team. Specially Defensive Toxapex with Knock Off allows you to switch in on Specs Aegislash and Specs Pelipper which otherwise you struggle to switch in to and Knock Off their Choice Specs making them much less threatening, the only notable drawback of running this set is that it makes you weaker to Dracovish in rain. Specially Defensive Galarian Weezing allows you to check Nasty Plot Hydreigon more effectively since +2 Flamethrower does 76% minimum meaning that if you've taken just a little bit of chip and Hydreigon is behind a Substitute you're in big trouble. This comes at the cost of being weaker to Kyurem-B. Choice Scarf Salazzle outpaces Choice Scarf Excadrill making it even better against Steel-type teams, a match-up that you seemed pretty concerned about, but you do miss out on Toxic stalling your opponents. Now obviously if you're running SpD Toxapex you wouldn't run SpD Weezing and if you have Scarf Gengar you wouldn't use Scarf Salazzle so these are just things you need to adjust based on your team and figure out for yourself which build you like most.
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes / Haze
- Pain Split

Salazzle @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave / Encore

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab / Crunch
- Defog
- Taunt

Hope you find this helpful, good luck with the team!

Conflux Thanks for the additional tips! By now I've got to try out Spalsh's suggestions and with taunt, skunktank certainly functions better. I think I'm too stupid for sub salazzle though because I can't really get that to work and strongly miss my disable. Overall, the team is doing fine but I find it difficult as I am now struggling vs new stuff. I think the team is too passive for my likings, as I prefer to have some pokemon that can deal damage. Is poison the perfect type for that? Probably not, but that makes me eager to try some of the things you suggested. Maybe they will be more fun to use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)