SS OU Balanced Sand Team

After time of not publishing anything, today I will show an sand team for Gen 8 OU.
EP669_Excadrill.png

Clay (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
Excadrill is the team's star sweeper, its role is to attack at full speed during the sandstorm, Earthquake by STAB for Pokémon like Cinderace, Zeraora and other Excadrill, Iron Head also by STAB for Clefable that abounds in this metagame, Hatterene, Life Orb for more power in exchange for losing some HP, Sword Dance to double its power even more, and Rock Slide to fend off some flying-type Pokémon that can block it.
Tyranitar_anime.png

Sandzilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 90 HP / 145 Atk / 118 Def / 128 SpD / 27 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
Tyranitar is the summoner of the sandstorm, unlike Hippowdon, Tyranitar being Rock-Type, its special defense is enhanced in the sandstorm he invokes, Rock Slide serves to block Pokémon that do not resist their same types, Crunch that has STAB to better deal with Dragapult, Aegislash and Gengar, Fire Punch for 2HKO Ferrothorn and Corviknight and Earthquake as cover against Excadrill or Corviknight after using Roost, Assault Vest to increase Tyranitar's special defense.
maxresdefault.jpg

Furry (Zeraora) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Grass Knot
Zeraora is a useful companion in sand teams by getting rid of Pokemon with Corviknight and Mandibuzz that block Excadrill, Zeraora also serves to predict Electric-type Pokemon like Rotom, Plasma Fists by STAB to hit Corviknight, Pelipper and Mandibuzz, Close Combat as good coverage against other Excadrill, Tyranitar, Bisharp and Hydreigon, Play Rough to predict Dragapult, Kommo-o and Hydreigon and Grass knot for Pokémon that would normally block it like Seismitoad, Quagsire and Gastrodon, Expert Belt exists to raise its power against those threats already mentioned without risking HP.
e45e2e9314871b5038a87ac43470df05.png

Credits to the original artist for this Seismitoad's fanart
Captain Grime (Seismitoad) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Scald
Originally he was going to opt for Gastrodon but this toad does more things, Seismitoad has the role of blocking water-type Pokémon like Vish, Rotom-W and Keldeo to later recover HP, serve as rocker and intoxicate the rival Pokémon, Seismitoad has Scald with probability of diminishing physical attacks and Earth Power by STAB with the possibility of reducing the special defense, it has leftovers because, unlike Gastrodon, it does not have reliable recovery.
D8U7pOPV4AA28K2.jpg

Credits to Scarvii for this fanart
Dark Knight (Corviknight) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
Corviknight blocks other Excadrill in case they are Sash or Scarf, predicts Hippowdon and other Ground-Type Pokémon and serves as Defogger, Iron Head by STAB, Roost to recover to consist of losing the flying-type in case of low health, Defog to remove the hazzards compensating for the weakness of not having Rapid Spin in Excadrill and U-turn to send another Pokémon to the field safely.
b956821a74c63f22d5cead07104ea27b7b7737c3_hq.jpg

Polynesian (Kommo-o) (M) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
Kommo-o is the last member of the team, this set is unexpected since this Kommo-o attacks from the special side, Clangorous Soul raises all stats (Except HP) of Kommo-o and the Throat Spray raises the special attack by raising it to +2 making it difficult to deal with if you're not ready, possess Clangling Scales for Dragapult, Hydreigon, and Pokémon that don't resist Dragon-Type, Flash Cannon as cover against Fairies, and Aura Sphere as STAB against Hydreigon, Excadrill, and Bisharp.
Although the team is fine, not everything is rosy, because the team has threats that can end or leave many of the team without options.
Threats:
:ss/excadrill:: A potential threat is other Excadrill either another Sand Rush or even Choice Scarf, the first depends on which Excadrill attacks first to ensure combat, the second can outspeed Sand Rush Excadrill under the sandstorm, it is best to predict with Corviknight or Toad to be better standing.
:ss/hippowdon:: Hippowdon can be tedious to cope with as it possesses recovery and can annoy Whirlwind to ruin boosts in addition to holding even Zeraora's Grass knot and hitting it super effective with EQuake.
:ss/conkeldurr:: This Pokémon, especially the Guts variant, is a danger to deal with, since with a burn it can burst almost everything with a hit or two and if you can hold on, a Mach Punch making the team very dependent on Corviknight.
Here i leave the Pokepaste so they can try it.
https://pokepast.es/c02f39da4fcc1ceb
Anyway, leave your suggestions and changes that would put this team as long as they are not drastic and are more feasible in a sand team, see you.

Yo, I carefully read your motives and what you think. I agree on possible threats to your team and I hope that through my improvements you can make the necessary changes.

The first thing I recommend while using a Sand Team is not having to be walled by Ferrothorn or Hippowdown, for this reason I recommend you Rotom H > Zeraora to check better this 2 threats.
Heavy-Duty Boots is the best item for ignore the hazards n switch in without that pressure, Nasty Plot is to boost the SpAtk vs Hippowdown, BulkySpdDef Clefable, Sylveon, Mandibuzz, hit Gastrodon n Seimistoad. Overheat is the best stab move vs Ferrothorn, Aegislash, Colkeldurr and Rotom-C n thanks Volt Switch can became a good pivot vs Koommo-o, Hydreigon, Dracovish for give momentum.

The last slot that i advise is Thunder Wave becaouse u don't have more speed controll if the weather condition isn't in your favor, low the speed vs the usual scarfer like Dracovish, Dragapult, Hydreigon n Terrakion coul works very well for u.
Ok, let's move on to the second change, I think Clefable > Sylveon make more support for your team, in particular the Teleport set with Wish can
check Pokemon like Kyurem and Dragapult.

In this regard I believe that Tyranitar has a better offensive power with the Band set, especially vs Aegislash

Brave Bird on Corvinight can help better vs Conkeldurr, Keldeo n Fight types in general.

Optional: WoW on Rotom-H is a good option vs physical attackers such as Terrakion n Ttar, n if u choice this set i think that Discharge is a better option for have more possibility to para.
Protect > Scald on Seimistoad can be good to scout Band n Specs users n recover hp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)