SM OU Ban THIS and THAT and GLARE! ❝Can your heart still break if it's already stopped beating?❞ (Peaked #32) [1992+]

Favorite BanDisnDatnMe's set?

• Electric Seed Espeon

• Rest + Chesto Berry Necrozma

• Charge Beam + Cosmic Power Clefable

• Mega Charizard X Belly Drum

• Curse + Amnesia + Aqua Tail Waterium Z Quagsire

• Choice Specs Modest Blacephalon (Tailwind)

• Tornadus-I Flynium Z Supersonic Skystrike

• Whimsicott Lagging Tail

• Mew Tailwind Lead

• LO Timid Kartana

• Flame Charge Blacephalon

• Druddigon Hazard Setter Lead

• Kommo-o Sub/Salac Belly Drum

• Substitute Bisharp

• Thick&Dense Bulky Kyurem

• Zygarde Sub/Glare

Results are only viewable after voting.
Glare picture def.png
gya lil.png
blace lil.png
serp lil.png
drudd lil.png
kart lil.png
zyg lil.png

Hi Smogon!

First off, I want to point out that the wreckage that the Tailwind team has left have made me come to a realization that a Glare team can now be spotlighted. Tailwind team left a path of destruction on ladder for a while now, causing me to peak 1900's numerous times. The aforementioned team provoked various sets to randomly be prepared for a fast pace team such as this Tailwind Offense, with Hawlucha spreads now running full speed as opposed to bulk and there's no denying Tyranitar's rate usage augmented considerably, whereas stall suffered a big downfal. Said that, this very Glare team is heading towards a whole different direction than Tailwind team once did, meaning this team is the definite Tailwind's counterpart, utilizing Glare to drop down the Speed of a pokemon by 2 stages undefinitely. Glare team makes it for a big head-scratcher, intensifying the anger as para-hax starts occuring unwantedly. To anyone's dismay, this team has been consistently wandering the 1900's, which I was clearly not expecting to since I was told by my friend Limousines that this team might be very match-up dependent, and a legitimate argument could be made that it indeed is, but in the meanwhile, it's safe to say that this is the most unloseable team I've ever built after Kommo-o Belly Drum HO. I'm totally open to the idea of laddering non-stoppingly to even reach undiscovered territory in +2000's, but that's a speculation for another occasion. Lastly, this Glare team doesn't have the intent of wanting to intervene in players's day-to-day amusing battles or to worsen the match-ups we're already dealing with in nowadays meta-game, if not the one to apportion a new playstyle capable of spreading funness, creativity and a new way to combat the diversity this meta-game is submerged in, at the same time warily opening a retorical question as to whether nowadays meta-game has slipped out of its mind that this Glare Offense is shimmering?

The Team
Gyarados_XY.gif
Blacephalon_USUL.gif
Serperior_XY.gif
Druddigon.gif
Kartana_SL.gif
Zygarde_XY.gif

Glare team offers a vast variety of tools as to how to deter pretty much every single playstyle in today's meta-game. Glare team is brilliant to bust through the most common playstyle in the OU tier: Balance teams. Glare team excels at paralyzing upwards 2 or 3 pokemons per battle and it only causes you to retain possesion of the battle and end up winning counting on subbed sweepers in 4 of the pokemons included within it. These subbed sweepers overly exploit paralysis or para-hax to toughen themselves in a way that they could ultimately either punch hole half the opponent's team or just bury it once and for all. The Glare setters couldn't be more perfect for this team, getting to hand-pick the most amazing Glare setters in Serperior, Zygarde and Druddigon in the whole game and put them in position to be a determinant factor in each and any of the battles is just staggering to me. Blacephalon is a very unique offensive threat capable of pretty much handling stall on its own, getting to have the privilege of being Ghost type, which is inmune to Seismic Toss from chansey, easing up things every single time Glare team faces stall, but the fact that it doesn't run a Boosting move may make it hesitant by one bit, but it's all about the plays and how to mantain this team afloat. Zygarde has the surplus bulk in 180 SpD which combined with Glare makes it a force to be reckoned with. Timid Kartana is the absolute beast getting to count on its held item Life Orb to inflict the amount of damage necessary to pick off pokemons regular Timid Kartana wouldn't, catching your opponent off guard and normally serves as a late-game cleaner. Serperior so borderline broken if it wasn't for Ferrothorn, but it's still a pokemon players shouldn't roll their eyes for and second guess abruptly. Mega Gyarados has become into the Ash-Greninja stopper and oftenly it offers a get away to whatever comes to try to dismantle Glare's potential. Also it evidently has synergy with Paralysis in Waterfall gets a 20% flinch which alongside the 25% from the paralysis makes it for a combined 55% chance for a pokemon to either paralyze or flinch. I no longer know how to portray Druddigon as a solid hazard lead, since it's been proven in Druddigon BP, Kommo-o BD HO and on this Glare team that it can take teams in general to the promise land, it will all come down to knowing how to run it exuberantly good and stop labelling as a downside slow lead (Take in mind it runs Mental Herb now which makes it more reliable to some extent). Finally, there's still room for this Glare team to even be more formidable, so if you wish I wanna go out of the way and let you know that rates and feedbacks are greatly appreciated.

Team Building Process
From what I envisioned, in order to make a fantastic Glare team I hand-picked the 3 best glarers on the meta-game:
serp shuf.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png
drudd shuf.png
Bag_Mental_Herb_Sprite.png
zyg shuf.png
Bag_Iapapa_Berry_Sprite.png
Poké_Ball_battle_V.png
Poké_Ball_battle_V.png
Poké_Ball_battle_V.png

Okay so believe it or not, this is what the initial concept of the team was 2 months ago:
serp lil.png
drudd lil.png
Zygarde_icon.png
cloy shuffle.png
Bag_King's_Rock_Sprite.png
toge shuf.png
Bag_Normalium_Z_Sprite.png
jirachi shuf.png
Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

[3 Glarers intact]
As you can see, this version of the Glare was the most solid one (on paper):
My Z move user as it's clear to see was a Happy Hour Jirachi. It got negated by Landorus-T, contributing little to nothing to the team. Then I swithed to Choice Scarf Jirachi.
This cool idea of combining King's Rock+Skill Link+Paralysis ended up being a flop, since flinches were not just happening turning the start into a big big head-scratcher.
3. Now the Z move user over Happy Hour Jirachi was an Encore Z Togekiss running Subtitute, Air Slash, Encore, Nasty Plot.
Replay of proof: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-755431150

By this time, I was mad rushy as to wanting to elevate this Glare project so let my imagination run wild and took actions that was only getting things more twisted than what they already were:
1. Replaced Druddigon Hazard Lead for a Hazard Setter + Serene Grace/Body Slam Chansey
Ever since King's Rock was flinching less than what a Xurkitree's Hypnosis lands, I removed Cloyster for a Static Zapdos.
Replay of proof:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-755746189
serp lil.png
zyg lil.png
Togekiss_icon.png
jirachi lil.png
chansey shuf.png
Bag_Eviolite_Sprite.png
zapdos shuf.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Then after that, this is where it gets spooky, I created a ery similar version of the actual team, the only differences were:
1. Instead of running Ghostnium Z Blacephalon on my Z move slot, I was running a All-Out-Pummeling Kartana.
2. Instead of a Blacephalon I had a lackluster King's Rock Cloyster which made sense on paper.
Replay of proof: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-755218620
serp lil.png
drudd lil.png
Zygarde_icon.png
Cloyster_icon.png
kartana shuffle.png
Bag_Fightinium_Z_Sprite.png
gyarados shuf.png
Bag_Gyaradosite_Sprite.png

All this failed attempts were killing the Glare spirit I had within me, it got to a point that I wanted no part of Glare for like 1 month and a half. In the meanwhile, I kept running my previous teams, mostly Tailwind Offense. After all that had passed, I decided to start testing some Parting Shot team but definitely a Startegy that has too many shortcomings and I personally believe there should be more pokemons other than Persian-Alola and Sillavy to get Parting Shot for it to be more viable yet we don't know if it'd ever be. Ever since everything seemed not to work sufficiently good, I got back at Glare again and gave it a shot. Little did know that the only move I had to do was to replace Cloyster for Blacephalon and pass it the Z move so that kartana can now be LO Timid Kartana, which is an old set of mine that I have been wanting to elevate for a long while, including the Flame Charge Blacephalon which is even older.

serp lil.png
drudd lil.png
zyg lil.png
gya lil.png
kartana shuffle.png
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png
Blacephalon_USUL.gif
Bag_Ghostium_Z_Sprite.png

-------------------------
Team Breakdown

Zygarde_XY.gif
Dragon Breath.gif

Zygarde
Bag_Iapapa_Berry_Sprite.png

Item:
Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Thousand Arrows
20px-Colorless-attack.png
Glare
20px-Grass-attack.png
Coil
Substitute

Zygarde has a unique typing; its resistance to Rock and immunity Electric makes it a solid check to Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, and others. Aura Break is Zygarde's only legal ability, though it's utterly useless in the tier. The fact that it gets STAB on Thousand Arrows is also nice; it has very good Attack and Defense stats as well. In fact, it has extraordinaire stats all around, and can act as a makeshift tank most of the times. With that being said, it is very good Pokemon that can and should be used in the OU metagame. If you use it well, it should bring you a lot of success. The set of this zygarde is so impeccable, it can better resist surprisive special hard-hitting Z moves such as Hydro Vortex from Ash-Greninja, Never-Ending Nightmare from Blacephalon and Supersonic Skystrike from Tornadus-T. It can also better handle HP Ice users in Amoongus, Tangrowth and Landorus-T and can cripple potent special attackers like Mega Alakazam, Volcarona and Kingdra in the rain. The use of Glare doesn't only compensate the investment removed from Speed to SpD, but also it provides Zygarde with momentum so combined with Iapapa Berry, Substitute and Coil it can fully unfold its offensive and defensive prowess. Getting to have Tapu Leles of the world, Keldeos of the world wanting to break through substitute while you get them paralyzed in the process, inmediately turns the battle in your favor. Now, even though HP Ice is a struggle for Zygarde, I'm pretty sure this set doesn't stop right there, this spread showcases Zygarde as a even bulkier threat than it normally is on standard sets, which frequently tends to catch players off guard, and by my experience running the team throughout a long time period, I can conclude saying that this set was made to be more lethal in the Substitute game and to specially plow through potent special attackers. All in all, this Zygarde's set is very promising, functioning as a Stall-breaker and when it gets going it can really wreak havoc against various playstyles, and trust me, given the fact that it's gifted with some prodigious stats it's speculative you wouldn't want to miss out on this spread.

Thousand Arrows - Spammable STAB move that hits almost the entire tier for at least neutral damage while naturally threatening extremely common threats like Heatran, Celesteela, and Zapdos. Thousand Arrows is also helpful for punishing Ash-Greninja, checking Mega Mawile, and wearing down Magearna.
Glare - Outclasses Thunder Wave, as it not only has reliable accuracy, but can hit Ground-types, something Thunder Wave cannot.
Coil - Important move to the set as well, as it allows Zygarde to be an extraordinary physical wall aincreasingly its offensive prowess.
Substitute - Substitute is a foregone conclusion, as status completely cripples Zygarde. It works well with Iapapa Berry, allowing Zygarde to survive much longer.

EV Spread - The given EV spread and nature give Zygarde enough Special Defense to better resist potent special attackers such as Ash Greninja, Kingdra and Blacephalon, while also hnadling weak Hidden Power Ice users such as Tangrowth, Landorus-T, Zapdos and Tapu Koko; with the rest bumped into HP and Attack for 101 HP Substitutes and nets extra power.

Resistance

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 188 HP / 180 SpD Zygarde: 264-312 (65.3 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 188 HP / 180 SpD Zygarde: 164-196 (40.5 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0- SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 188 HP / 180 SpD Zygarde: 144-172 (35.6 - 42.5%) -- 87.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 188 HP / 180 SpD Zygarde: 127-151 (31.4 - 37.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 188 HP / 180 SpD Zygarde: 170-204 (42 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 188 HP / 180 SpD Zygarde: 318-374 (78.7 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 188 HP / 180 SpD Zygarde: 270-320 (66.8 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

80 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 188 HP / 180 SpD Zygarde: 376-448 (93 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare
- Coil
- Substitute

Kartana_SL.gif
plane 2.gif

Kartana
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Item:
Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
IVs: 19 Atk
20px-Grass-attack.png
Leaf Blade
20px-Metal-attack.png
Smart Strike
Swords Dance
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Sacred Sword

When it comes to both overall utility and effectiveness as a offensive threat, LO Timid Kartana is second to none. Great offensive typing, above average stats, and a stellar sweeping movepool make it a valuable asset to both offensive and defensive teams alike. The ability to check so many threats at once, including, but not limited to, Mega Scizor, Mega Mawile, Magearna and virtually every Water-type in the tier barring Keldeo allows LO Timid Kartana many opportunities to switch in and either set up Sword Dance or retaliate with either of his two powerful STAB moves. Much like any other Pokemon, Timid Kartana does have its drawbacks in its poor SpD, a 4x Fire weakness, and no method of reliable recovery (aside from Synthesis and Rest), but if played to its strengths, LO Timid Kartana will almost always perform well. Life Orb brings more consistent results. Life Orb guarantees many kills that cannot be obtained with a z move, such as the surefire OHKO on Ferrothorn and Heatran at +2 stages of Attack with Sacred Sword and the 2HKO on Mega Scizor. There's this one replay against c0mp on the Bonus Replay from the bottom which showcases its extreme abilities to derail teams late-game and how it's become sustainably at being Clutch. Lastly, this Timid Kartana spread is worth the try and can even perform excellent at the highest stakes while still getting to have a free Z move user slot on your team that you just saved on Life Orb.

Leaf Blade - Leaf Blade is the STAB move of choice here, as its respectable 90 Base Power will do good amounts of damage to anything after a boost, and the high critical hit rate can come in handy as well.
Smart Strike - Sports high power and fantastic coverage. Timid Kartana's Life Orb-boosted Smart Strike is somewhat powerful, 2HKOing standard Tapu Koko and generally pummeling pretty much any Pokemon that does not resist it at +2 Attack stages.
Swords Dance - This set is simple - use Swords Dance to boost Kartana's Attack to a whopping 693, then attack with the remainder of Kartana's moves.
Sacred Sword - Complements Leaf Blade and Smart Strike perfectly, hitting Magnezone, Heatran and Ferrothorn hard.

EV/IV Spread - Timid nature with 0 Atk EVs, and 19 or less Atk IVs. As well as max speed, in order to get Beast Boost to boost your speed to set up a sweep. A Life Orb is used in order to increase Kartana's damage output and because it nets some extra power to help culminate many pokemons Timid Kartana Fightnium Z or Steelium Z are unable to.

Defensive Prowess

4 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 273-322 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 201-237 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 200-236 (62.1 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 113-133 (35 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kartana in Electric Terrain: 213-252 (66.1 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

80 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 259-306 (80.4 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 180-213 (55.9 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Offensive Prowess

[No boost]
0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Smart Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 129-152 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 212-251 (75.4 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 328-385 (95.6 - 112.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Mew Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 206-243 (73.3 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 198-234 (76.1 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Smart Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 175-207 (58.5 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 221-260 (78.3 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Smart Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 252-299 (63.9 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

[At +2 stages of Attack]
+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Smart Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 347-409 (116 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Smart Strike vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 255-302 (70.2 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Smart Strike vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 238-281 (94.8 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 471-554 (122 - 143.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 48 Def Ferrothorn: 377-445 (107.1 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 199-234 (50.1 - 58.9%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 216-255 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 255-302 (84.1 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 124 Def Scizor-Mega: 169-199 (49.2 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 140-166 (42 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Sableye-Mega: 304-359 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0- Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 653-769 (93 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Kartana @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword

Druddigon.gif
burning house.gif

Druddigon
Bag_Mental_Herb_Sprite.png

Item:
Mental Herb
Ability: Mold Breaker
IVs: -31 Atk
20px-Darkness-attack.png
Taunt
Glare
Roar
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Stealth Rock

At first glance, Druddigon appears to be entirely outclassed by other Mold Breaker + Stealth rocks user like Excadrill, Skill Swap + Stealth Rock like Azelf and Fairy type + Stealth Rock like Clefable. However, Druddigon's combination of Glare, Stealth Rock, and Roar gives it a defined niche on HO teams, as it's able to compress roles very efficiently by acting as a Stealth Rock setter, Glare setter and Taunt setter while being able to provide its team members valuable momentum with Roar. Druddigon's decent defensive stats also allow it to survive almost any hit and set up Glare in most scenarios. Despite this, Druddigon is only viable on dedicated HO and Glare teams, as it's completely outclassed by other Dragon-types such as Garchomp and Zygarde on any standard team. Druddigon is also extremely passive, as it's unable to do much damage it usually can't afford to run an attacking move. Druddigon also faces some competition from Excadrill, which can also set up Stealth Rock and serves as a Hazard Removal with Rapid Spin, but Druddigon is usually the better choice because of the setup opportunities it gives with Glare. Mental Herb is used as a way to escape Taunt multiple times, since you get to glare the opposing pokemon and proceed to land a Taunt afterwards as it's gonna be slower. Said that, without Mental Herb, Druddigon can be easily shut down by common Taunt users such as Heatran and Tapu Koko. Focus Sash could only serve to set up rocks on Mega Diancie and Tapu Lele Choice Specs, but other than that, you can exploit Druddigon's capabilities as a Hazard setter the better if you opt to run Mental Herb. Anyways, Druddigon is a fantastic Hazard Setter Lead which in my opinion surpasses or equals Excadrill's capabilities. With both a reliable paralysis and a phazing move in its movepool, Druddigon can play the role of a parashuffler very well. By continuously paralyzing members of your opponent's team, Druddigon makes it easier for slow, yet powerful Pokemon on your team to sweep.

Taunt - Shuts down slow walls (or paralyzed pokemons under 146 Spe BS) and prevents them from taking care of Druddigon through passive damage and stops them from healing HP or inflicting Druddigon with status while it breaks them. Taunt also prevents slower Pokemon, such as slower variants of Mega Scizor, from boosting their stats, and even lets Druddigon stop popular Stealth Rock users, such as Hippowdon and Ferrothorn, from setting up entry hazards.
Glare - Neat tool for paralyzing common Ground-type switch-ins such as Landorus-T and Excadrill. Glare also has the added bonus of being able to paralyze anything it hits, except for Electric type pokemons, making it a move most pokemon should be wary of.
Roar - Takes advantage of entry hazards and ward off opposing setup sweepers. Mold Breaker can let Druddigon bypass Magic Bounce, letting it freely use Stealth Rock, Taunt, Roar or Glare on Mega Sableye. This move is overly utile against teams enjoying Shedinja's presence and stall in general.
Stealth Rock - Mold Breaker gives Druddigon the ability to cripple Magic Bounce users such as Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie and Espeon along with safely setting Stealth Rock, vastly easing the matchup.

EV/IV Spread - 252 HP provides Druddigon with endurance to hard hitting moves. 252 Spe and Timid nature enables Druddigon to outspeed fast pokemons under the 146 BS Spe. Timid nature and -31 Atk Ivs to diminish Foul Play damage.

Defensive Prowess

0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Druddigon: 91-108 (25.4 - 30.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Druddigon: 338-402 (94.4 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

4 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Druddigon: 248-294 (69.2 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Druddigon: 272-324 (75.9 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Druddigon: 216-254 (60.3 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Druddigon: 294-346 (82.1 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Druddigon: 296-350 (82.6 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Latios-Mega Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Druddigon: 250-296 (69.8 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Explosion vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Druddigon: 321-378 (89.6 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Druddigon: 344-408 (96 - 113.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Druddigon (M) @ Mental Herb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Serperior_XY.gif
Moon def.gif

Serperior
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Item:
Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
20px-Grass-attack.png
Leaf Storm
Glare
Substitute
20px-Grass-attack.png
Leech Seed

No one would have ever thought about using Serperior until the long-awaited release of its Dream World ability, Contrary. This ability, when combined with Leaf Storm, gives Serperior a 130 Base Power STAB move with the side effect of a Nasty Plot, allowing it to attack and boost its Special Attack at the same time! This would have turned Serperior into a terrifying special sweeper if it weren't for its middling special movepool, which is limited to Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power for coverage. This has led to the rise of 56 HP Serperior being the more popular set as a way to avoid its Substitute being broken by Rotom-W, with Leaf Storm tacked on to maintain an offensive presence. Serperior can also make use of several other great support moves including Glare, Substitute, and Leech Seed. Serperior is gifted with a great Speed stat, which allows it to outspeed key physical threats such as Garchomp and Mega Diancie, as well as anything slower, meaning it can quickly set up Glare before being attacked or pick off a weakened foe with Leaf Storm while gaining the Special Attack boost. Being weak to common Pokemon such as Mega Scizor, Heatran, Mega Pinsir, and Zapdos, as well as being a little frail weak before a Leaf Storm boost, might make it seem as though Serperior would be a poor choice for your team; however, as far as Grass-type options go, having access to Contrary and not taking up a Mega slot are huge points in Serperior's favor.

Leaf Storm - Leaf Storm is otherwise the primary move to use, since it forces in counters immediately for fear of losing a Pokemon to a +2 Serperior.
Glare - Unlike most paralysis inducers, Serperior's paralysis move, Glare, is not blocked by Ground-types and Ghost-type immunities; however, Glare does not affect Electric-types.
Substitute - Time-honored technique that allows Serperior to evade status and set up Leech Seed with ease against already paralyzed pokemons--which will struggle to outlast Serperior after a few paralysis being effectuated and Leech Seed recoil.
Leech Seed - Can be used to increase Serperior's longevity and force switches, which is very useful on a team with multiple layers of entry hazards. However, do not use Leech Seed in tandem with Substitute, as Serperior will be easily walled by opposing Grass-types and thus have more trouble supporting your team.

EV Spread - The HP EVs prevent Rotom-W's Hydro Pump from breaking Serperior's Substitutes. 252 Speed EVs with a Timid Nature are used to achieve the highest Speed tier possible, since it is Serperior's most vital stat and useful for outspeeding many common threats. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Special Attack to make Serperior a deadlier sweeper.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Blacephalon_USUL.gif
fireworks.gif

Blacephalon
Bag_Ghostium_Z_Sprite.png

Item:
Ghostium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Shadow Ball
20px-Fire-attack.png
Flamethrower
Substitute
20px-Fire-attack.png
Flame Charge

Blacephalon is OU's most powerful Ghost-type sweeper, and there's no denying the most deadly as well. Its great dual STAB and auspicious stat distribution allow Blacephalon to cut through unprepared or weakened teams like a hot knife through butter. Although its function is fairly one-dimensional, Blacephalon's methods can vary greatly between sets, and this versatility is what makes Blacephalon such a dangerous threat. Each of its sets has a different trick up its sleeve, and making assumptions about which set you're facing can often lead to your demise. Unfortunately, Blacephalon's Stealth Rock weakness and subpar defensive stats mean it cannot take hits nearly as well as it gives them out. This is Blacephalon's bread-and-butter Flame Charge set. Flamethrower and Shadow Ball are both used on this set to make the most of the excellent coverage afforded by Blacephalon's dual STABs. Flamethrower is Blacephalon's preferred sweeping move due to its high Base Power, while Shadow Ball hits the Fire-, Water-, and Rock-type Pokemon who resist Flamethrower for heavy damage. After a Beast Boost +1 SpA boost, Tapu Fini, Heatran, and Zygarde are OHKOed, and Toxapex loses upwards of (81.1 - 95.3%) HP. It may be odd to see Flame Charge, a physical attack, on a Substitute set, but the move is actually an excellent tool for Blacephalon, both in assisting its own sweep and in putting a stop to opposing sweepers. Since Blacephalon is using one physical and two special attacks, a Timid nature is optimal. Hasty is advisable instead of Naive because it makes more sense to lower Blacephalon's already dismal Defense rather than to sacrifice its decent Special Defense. Also, Blacephalon's resistances are usually seen in the form of special attacks (notably Moonblast), and higher Special Defense means it is easier to bust through weak special attackers, such as Clefable with Moonblast. Blacephalon is hard to counter perfectly because of its high damage output, but there are a few Pokemon who are good switch-ins. Gastrodon, particularly specially defensive variants, can take a boosted Never-Ending Nightmare at full health and KO Blacephalon with Earthquake. If you're not keen on using Flame Charge on this set, I would appreciate you going out of the way and let me know in the comments below whether Flame Charge is the main draw of this set or not.

Shadow Ball - The combination of Flamethrower and Shadow Ball provides Blancephalon with almost perfect coverage.
Flamethrower - Sports perfect accuracy and decent power. It can be used instead of Fire Blast to give Blacephalon a more reliable means of finishing off weakened foes such as Gligar.
Substitute - Protects Blacephalon from status and some weaker attacks, and it is typically the more useful option, as even with bulk investment Blacephalon is rather frail by OU standards and does not enjoy taking direct hits. Being a Pokemon with such great offensive presence, Blacephalon naturally forces a lot of foes out, allowing it to easily set up a Substitute.
Flame Charge - Increases Blacephalon's Speed by one stage, fixing its middling Speed problem. If Blacephalon manages to get to +1 / +2, it is often game over.

EV Spread - Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment makes the most out of Blacephalon's power and Speed tier, with a Timid nature allowing it to outrun Pokemon such as Scarf Landorus-T, Scarf Tapu Lele, and Scarf Excadrill and Speed tie with opposing Scarf Blacephalon when it's at +1 stage of Speed, while also outspeeding Scarf Greninja when it's at +2 stages of Speed.

Offensive Prowess

[+1 SpA]
+1 252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 348-411 (101.4 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 415-490 (107.5 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 357-421 (84 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 457-538 (113.1 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 475-561 (120.5 - 142.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 246-289 (81.1 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

+1 252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 174-204 (52.5 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[0 SpA]
252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Greninja: 215-253 (75.4 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 306-360 (75.7 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 279-328 (72.2 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 165-195 (54.4 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 318-375 (80.7 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 116-137 (35 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Flame Charge

Mega-Gyarados_XY.gif
bubble 2.gif

Mega Gyarados
Bag_Gyaradosite_Sprite.png

Item: Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
20px-Water-attack.png
Waterfall
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Earthquake
20px-Darkness-attack.png
Crunch

Substitute
20px-Dragon-attack.png
Dragon Dance

It's not easy being a giant fish. SM OU is a fast-paced and hard-hitting metagame, and Mega Gyarados's ever-present weaknesses to Fighting and Electric are more troublesome than ever, with the introduction of threats such as Kartana and Tapu Koko, while Tapu Bulu still holds relevance in the OU tier. This makes it more difficult for Mega Gyarados to set up, and even after a Dragon Dance, common users of Choice Scarf can still outspeed it, particularly Kartana and Tapu Koko. However, as grim as things may have become for Mega Gyarados, its great Water/Ground combo, a great ability in Mold Breaker, and good boosting move in Dragon Dance allow Mega Gyarados to remain viable. As such, although Mega Gyarados struggles in the SM OU environment, with proper team support and smart playing, Mega Gyarados can be successful. With Dragon Dance, Mega Gyarados gains the ability to raise its above-average Attack and meager Speed stats. Water and Ground is a powerful type combination in OU, resisted only by Tapu Bulu, Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, and Tapu Fini. Waterfall is compulsory for its STAB and great type coverage. Earthquake helps Mega Gyarados dent some of its biggest counters: Magearna and Magnezone. Substitute allows Mega Gyarados to work around the defensive threats who plague its other sets. Chansey lacking Seismic Toss, Toxapex with Toxic and common Will-O-Wisp users such as Mega Sableye and Mew all become setup bait for Substitute Gyarados. Once behind a Substitute, it can proceed to boost his Speed and Attack with Dragon Dance to his heart's content while the opposing pokemon has a chance. As an added bonus, Substitute allows Mega Gyarados to put itself in position to scout the paralysis occurrence and go for even two Dragon Dance as needed. This can provide it with the last-minute power needed to finish a sweep.

Waterfall - Waterfall provides Mega Gyarados with a moderately powerful Water-type STAB move, allowing it to hit Fighting- and Steel-types moderately hard without dedicating Mega Gyarados to a sweep, which is invaluable in early stages of a match.
Earthquake - Rounds off its coverage by hitting Water-types and Magearna. Waterfall enables Mega Gyarados to hit bulky Poison-types, such as Muk-alola, for super effective damage and it gets a clean 1HKO on all Magearna variants after a single Dragon Dance.
Substitute - Enables Mega Gyarados to avoid status, revenge killers, and Volt Switches. In a metagame full of those three things, Substitute makes it much less of a burden to set up. All walls that don't carry phazing moves are going to be in trouble against Mega Gyarados, and as long as its Substitute is up, revenge killers such as Mega Diancie will be unable to finish it off without falling to Waterfall.
Dragon Dance - Dragon Dance patches up Mega Gyarados's normally poor Speed while skyrocketing its excellent Attack stat to jaw-dropping levels. For example, +1 Waterfall OHKOes even Hippowdon after Stealth Rock. After two Dragon Dance boosts, only the fastest Choice Scarf users and the strongest priority attackers will be able to halt Mega Gyarados's rampage.

EV Spread - Maximum Speed investment and a Jolly nature let Mega Gyarados beat all base 145 Speed Pokemon after a single Dragon Dance, while maximum Attack investment gives it a lot of power.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Threats
Greninja_Ash_icon.png

Ash-Greninja
Ash-Greninja tends to be a major problem since it's a speedy potent special attacker with lots of ways to inflict damage, from priority Water Shuriken, to hard-hitting Hydro Pump. It normally destroies Blacephalon's potential and threathens Serperior and Zygarde respectively. Water Shuriken can do a shunck of damage onto Timid Kartana. A way to figure Ash-Greninja out would be to switch into Mega-Gyarados, get +1 Spe on Timid Kartana, or even attempt to glare it on previous turns. My best advice is to prevent Ash-Greninja from unleashing its full potential by glaring it or crippling with Substitute and Mega Gyarados.

Ferrothorn_icon.png

Ferrothorn
For Ferrothorn, the best thing to do is to glare it with Serperior as they will prioritize sending it to Serperior, but other than that, just cripple it with Blacephalon or +2 Sacred Sword from Timid Kartana. Mega Gyarados can put in some work but it's preferable to get Ferrothorn to be Glared for a smooth Dragon Dance sweep. Zygarde can is so utile to neglect Ferrothorn.

Tangrowth_Ranger.png

Tangrowth
Tangrowth is very annoying sometimes. It likes to cripple both Zygarde as Mega Gyarados more than any other pokemon on this team, and even more when it's running HP Ice. The best thing to do is to repel it with Blacephalon, but in case Blacephalon is fainted, a Glare should be placed on Tangrowth, as Both Serperior and Kartana can try to pick it off.

Zygarde_icon.png

Zygarde
A way I wear Zygarde down is I use Serperior to try to decimate it. Another viable option would be the one to get it be affected by paralysis and after that cripple it specially with Mega Gyarados and Zygarde. Substitute Zygarde may present a problematics, but Serperior can check it or even Mega Gyarados and Zygarde if known how to run them.

Pinsir_Ranger.png

Mega Pinsir
Now this pokemon will most of the times get glared by subbed Serperior. Also Zygarde can cripple it by Glaring it and then using Coil, but Blacephalon could also shorten Mega Pinsir's possibilities to prevail.

Hawlucha_icon.png

Hawlucha
Hawlucha is not even that much of a deal for this team, but be wary when it gets going by Sword Dancing. In this scenario, it's always good to go Zygarde as it eats up one +2 Atk HJK and glare it with ease, then after that you can sack Zygarde and then send Serperior, which normally would outspeed it and start using its Substitute/Leech Seed strong gimmick.

Mawile_Ranger.png

Mega Mawile

Here against Mawile, again I conserve Kartana, try to be subbed with Blacephalon or Zygarde, but it's always good to know that even a +2 Smart Strike wouldn't be able to pike it off. Gyarados can at times put in some work, but yeah, always appreciated to be subbed and land a Glare at all cost.

Replays

How to derail Stall:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-780200762

Mirror battles:
??

Against Rain team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-780700548
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-780183222

Against Sticky Web:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-779266371
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-783308890
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-783606230 New!

Double Screen Offense:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-779190123
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-780686549

TR
??

Bonus replays [Must watch]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-780691825 VS ABR
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-779274231 VS Vertex
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-780689589 VS Omari P
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-780212298 VS c0mp
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-780165547 VS Kory2600¨¨
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-784137930 VS Wish Killer's team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-784511215 VS Mob Barley

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Flame Charge

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare
- Coil
- Substitute

Limousines

CamilaCruz

AnnaKartanna

Storm Zone

Aurella

Essence

Mirbro

Borrower

branflakes

Dark Elegy

Gintrax

DianaZaldivar❤

manols

Crime♡

dia_sre

Fantastic_fuego

ilosetostalloroffense

Idud

nintendonoah

ZombieFriedChicken

Predator 30

hkjjljih

Austin Whitaker

StayHighAllTheTime

Lil Win

Kyurem Stall

Skarmory (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 194 Def / 62 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Substitute
- Earth Power

Druddigon BP

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense

Scolipede (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Protect
- Substitute

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam

Espeon (F) @ Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang
- Sword Dance

Druddigon (M) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Kommo-o Belly Drum HO

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Double Blob Hyper Stall
quagsire.gif
blissey.gif

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 194 Def / 62 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Supreme Hazard-Less Setup Boosting Team - BUMMO
charizard.gif
tapukoko.gif
quagsire.gif
clefable2.gif
espeon2.gif
necrozma.gif

XX Juggernaut (Charizard-Mega-X) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Roost
- Belly Drum
- Dragon Claw

WutUsworeUwontC (Tapu Koko) @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Defog

Quagsire (M) @ Waterium Z
Impish Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Recover
- Curse
- Amnesia

What'sLeftOfMe?:3 (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam

HateU2TheMoon&Back (Espeon) (F) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

AFlightOfFancy (Necrozma) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind

Tailwind Offense
Hoopa_Unbound_ORAS.gif
Blacephalon_USUM.gif
Tapu_Lele_SM.gif
whimsicott.gif
mew.gif
tornadus.gif

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Mind Blown
- Flamethrower

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Whimsicott (F) @ Lagging Tail
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Defog
- U-turn

Mew @ Mental Herb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Superpower

Sun team

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Giga Impact

Cresselia @ Heat Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Sunny Day

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Flame Charge

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Growth
- Sleep Powder

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Omastar Hazard Setter Lead HO

Zygarde_XY.gif
Azelf_XY.gif
Omastar_XY.gif

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Coil
- Dragon Dance

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Still yet to be updated...

1. Epic "exception to the rule" comment
bandis exception.png

2. Pitty-Bu, a pokemon created by me! I want this pokemon to go CAP so bad Dx (My paint skills are on point xd)
Pitty-Bu.png

3. Lol this was mad hilarious xd (Epic AK's tongue-twister)
anna kartana comment.png

4. What's wrong with this dude!? xD
fama#1.png

5. This comment was lit u.u
nino famoso 2.png

6. Okay this is scary guys, look at an old tailwind team, I had no idea that it was gonna become what it is today >_>
nintendo proof 2.png

7. The screenshot threat '_>' Charizard X BD set before Bummo (Boosting team)
CHARIZARD X PROOF.png

SkyUDS [ IrumaTenko ] is such an amazing fren of mine. She's sometimes timid (**Kartana rolls its eyes, wait it doesn't have eyes...'_>'**), she certainly doesn't have a Life Orb with here, if so, then her slaps gotta like hurt hurt?? O.o but despite her timidity, her love for creative teams is endlessly, reason being is that I 've decided to dedicate this Glare team to her :) Now she crits a lot (Ok let's face it, you might be painted in white but you're not an actual Kartana u.u) End of this section! x)

janine and jasmine 2.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Oh my, my. The Glare's team itself has shown up.

As you know very well Druddigon is totally underrated (as a Druddigon-lover that you are). Fairies everywhere have pushed it out of OU to RU. I used it on ORAS and it was lit and funny to use. And, although it seems impossible, it can survive Protean Ice-beam Gren without EVs in SpDef. Just a beast.

The other players are simply awesome. They are all sweepers and breakers that with decent bulk (not kartana nor blacephalon) and some glares they can just set up and do their job.

However I would suggest to take into consideration Koko. As you said, some EVs in SpDef in Zygarde are very important but it can run through this team doing a lot of damage and not being glared. With some spikes/SR (ferro + koko) well played can be very difficult to deal with. SubCM Keldeo can be annoying too but it is not very common (only WK uses it until the end of Pok generations). Sticky web can be difficult to deal with paired with Pinsir. Serp can take advantage of it with contrary but SR/spikes + quick attack on Pinsir can take it out of the field.

I would recommend to switch some EVs to Def/SpDef in Druddigon. With some of them in speed it can outspeed opposite glared poks, taking some hits better. We can do some calcs if they were needed :).

To sum up, congratulations to make Glare viable. It is an awesome stat-inducer move and not many people have it in mind in many poks. Moreover, Drud deserved a spot in the SR leaders, as it has now. Obviously, tons of thanks for the shoutout :) it made me so happy and glad to see it. Of course I will try this team, I cannot wait to do it x). And I hope we can take some time to build our team that we have "loading" :).

Ban this and that and the heart that stopped to swap.

omg yas! A bulkier version od Druddigon would be nice however it is unable to then taunt Greninja, Tornadus-T or even Tapu Koko since we're gonna be removing Speed investment. But it def makes sense to make a bulky Druddigon since most Mental Herb users are normally slow in Uxie and Cresselia... In fact I am now considering making a switch but it's hard though, cuz speedy Druddigon is kinda cool too I'd say but then getting to resist a MB from both Mega Diancie and Tapu Lele Specs can really draw the attention... And ofc we can take some time to build a team, just lemme know when you're available fam... I know there's still lots of cool ideas on this diverse meta... and Glare is one of those... overly complicated to be discovered tho... and yeah loved the phrase from the bottom , sounds really nice hehe

HCJB

Banned deucer.
I like your team, as per usual!

Have you considered SubSeed Bulu at all with Leftovers? From the look of your Serp set, it seems like a big part of its charm is that Leech Seed + Left Overs allows for multiple chances to set Sub and gain Leaf Storm boosts. Bulu can do very similar, but with Grassy Terrain and Horn Leech to assist easy recovery, and Nature's Madness to dramatically reduce HP of grass resists or even opposing Grass types lacking good recovery. It's also natural heavy hitter even without so much Atk investment.

Not sure what you'd replace (you obviously want to keep Serp for Glare despite a similar setup, so maybe Kart? Having used Timid Kart myself, I find it a little hit and miss as a wincon) or what would be an optimal spread - but if you have a lot of paralysis going around it seems like it'd be even more annoying than Serp in some ways.

I'd say the other obvious choice would be Jirachi for Flinch hax and possibly for another source of Paralysis with Body Slam. Jirachi learns Recycle, so a Sub/Iron Head/Body Slam/Recycle with Iapapa Berry would suit this team a lot I'd imagine - again not so sure on EVs or which slot to replace (Kartana again I'd say!) but it's another great nuisance set that this team seems to be built around. The Poison immunity also seems like a valid niche in avoiding Toxic or poison from Toxic Spikes that Serp and Zygarde don't seem to enjoy.

I like your team, as per usual!

Have you considered SubSeed Bulu at all with Leftovers? From the look of your Serp set, it seems like a big part of its charm is that Leech Seed + Left Overs allows for multiple chances to set Sub and gain Leaf Storm boosts. Bulu can do very similar, but with Grassy Terrain and Horn Leech to assist easy recovery, and Nature's Madness to dramatically reduce HP of grass resists or even opposing Grass types lacking good recovery. It's also natural heavy hitter even without so much Atk investment.

Not sure what you'd replace (you obviously want to keep Serp for Glare despite a similar setup, so maybe Kart? Having used Timid Kart myself, I find it a little hit and miss as a wincon) or what would be an optimal spread - but if you have a lot of paralysis going around it seems like it'd be even more annoying than Serp in some ways.

I'd say the other obvious choice would be Jirachi for Flinch hax and possibly for another source of Paralysis with Body Slam. Jirachi learns Recycle, so a Sub/Iron Head/Body Slam/Recycle with Iapapa Berry would suit this team a lot I'd imagine - again not so sure on EVs or which slot to replace (Kartana again I'd say!) but it's another great nuisance set that this team seems to be built around. The Poison immunity also seems like a valid niche in avoiding Toxic or poison from Toxic Spikes that Serp and Zygarde don't seem to enjoy.
1. Nope, I haven't considered Tapu Bulu.
2. What I might consider the better is a LO Sub Tapu Bulu running Horn Leech/Superpower/Substitute/Sword Dance
3. Maybe a Leech Seed Bulky Tapu Bulu would be fitting, but it kinda shortens offense so idk, but it would def be mad annoying, cuz like getting to add a 5th subber .... from what I envision it'd catastrophic.
4. LO Timid Kartana makes it for a faster team, both Blacephalon as Kartana get a Speed Boost, which has made the team so successful and highly competitive, Kartana can pick off upwards 2 pokemons per battle if well used... because getting to add two Beast Boost users which boost their speeds onto this Glare team is just tremendous.
5. When it comes to the jirachi set, take in mind those sets you provided me with are seemingly passive, but by saying this it doesn't mean i can't work, in fact open to the idea of getting to test all these sets you brought up, and even if you're down, we can really get to test it on PS to see if we can make a much better version of this Glare team, just notify me fren HCJB and thanks for saying you like my teams as usual dawg

HCJB

Banned deucer.
1. Nope, I haven't considered Tapu Bulu.
2. What I might consider the better is a LO Sub Tapu Bulu running Horn Leech/Superpower/Substitute/Sword Dance
3. Maybe a Leech Seed Bulky Tapu Bulu would be fitting, but it kinda shortens offense so idk, but it would def be mad annoying, cuz like getting to add a 5th subber .... from what I envision it'd catastrophic.
4. LO Timid Kartana makes it for a faster team, both Blacephalon as Kartana get a Speed Boost, which has made the team so successful and highly competitive, Kartana can pick off upwards 2 pokemons per battle if well used... because getting to add two Beast Boost users which boost their speeds onto this Glare team is just tremendous.
5. When it comes to the jirachi set, take in mind those sets you provided me with are seemingly passive, but by saying this it doesn't mean i can't work, in fact open to the idea of getting to test all these sets you brought up, and even if you're down, we can really get to test it on PS to see if we can make a much better version of this Glare team, just notify me fren HCJB and thanks for saying you like my teams as usual dawg
Not too much free time to test currently I'm afraid. I get your point with the speed boosts being a necessary angle so I'm sure you're right, and in that vein given their solid and reasonably unresisted STABS and/or coverage Kart and Blacephalon seem the best suited too. Look forward to seeing your next crazy team!

Not too much free time to test currently I'm afraid. I get your point with the speed boosts being a necessary angle so I'm sure you're right, and in that vein given their solid and reasonably unresisted STABS and/or coverage Kart and Blacephalon seem the best suited too. Look forward to seeing your next crazy team!
I'm so full of joy to know that you wanna hear from my upcoming team! Unfortunately, I cannot notify you with additonal info about my next project, nor which playstyle it is being oriented, because I'm up to the mindset that when you add intrigue into something, the level of fascination augments to a better degree. Said that, it's pretty plausible that I end up chasing both TR as Trick. Now, whether which on of those I'm gonna choose it's somthing that it still yet to be seen, but my best advise is to stay tuned as I ladder on PS with my alt BDDM. Thanks for all ;)

I love this team and I've been silently testing out different things with this glare team, and I am very much an advocate for a Serene Grace mon. I think I'm more Togekiss leaning over Jirachi because it can operate as yet another "Glare" user by using Thunder Wave instead. Togekiss can set up with Nasty Plot and flinch hack a paralyzed target with Air Slash. In the last slot I use Roost for logevity and this set has been working so well for me.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost

I really don't know what would be entirely appropriate to cut on your team, I'm not saying you need to by any means because it operates well as it is. I just think Togekiss is something worth considering.

I love this team and I've been silently testing out different things with this glare team, and I am very much an advocate for a Serene Grace mon. I think I'm more Togekiss leaning over Jirachi because it can operate as yet another "Glare" user by using Thunder Wave instead. Togekiss can set up with Nasty Plot and flinch hack a paralyzed target with Air Slash. In the last slot I use Roost for logevity and this set has been working so well for me.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost

I really don't know what would be entirely appropriate to cut on your team, I'm not saying you need to by any means because it operates well as it is. I just think Togekiss is something worth considering.
yeah def if you tryna make room for a serene grace user then my best advise is to replace the mega slot in Mega Gyarados, I like mega Gyarados a lot, but it might be the weakest link since it can't get past Grass-type mons, but yeah something like a Cloyster King Rock would be fitting in that slot, or even your togekiss which I think is heat but i feel that maybe you should consider running subs over twave since twave received a nerf in 90% accuracy, whereas if you're subbed you can even play around Chansey. Thanks a lot for testing the team SILENTLY xd and hope you keep on enjoying and finding new ways to elevate it to its highest peak ;) thx

Congrats on the peak, personally a big fan of this team. I ran into it a couple of times on the ladder, and Glare really pressures common checks. I'd like to mention a few threats to the team since the meta has changed quite a lot since the RMT.

Threats
greninja.gif
Protean Greninja has been rising in usage since OLT, with the most common sets in my own battling experience being Z-Dig and Metronome. These Greninjas bring Low Kick/Dig/Ice Beam/HP Fire (Z-Dig) or Hydro Pump/Gunk Shot/Extrasensory/HP Fire (Metronome). Since there are no hazard removal, Gyarados, the check to Protean Gren, gets chipped down extremely fast, and dies easily to Low Kick after Mega Evolving. Personally the Z-Dig set is more threatening as its coverage basically hits the entire team for super-effective or neutral damage, the Metronome set is also very threatening as Gren can spam Hydro Pump or Extrasensory after Mega Gyarados is weakened or fainted.

gyarados.gif
Flynium Z Gyarados: I ran into that set several times, and it took down at least 2-3 Pokemon after 1 Ddance. The best counterplay is either your own Gyarados or Kartana, which are extremely shaky checks.

latios.gif
Mega Latios: If Mega Gyarados has not yet Mega Evolved, Mega Latios gets a kill almost every time it switches in, as the only Psychic resist is Kartana and Gyarados requires mega evolution in order to check it. As mentioned before, Gyarados gets chipped down by entry hazards very quickly, making it a shaky check, and Kartana just cannot take special attacks at all.

What I propose to change
kartana.gif
LO Timid Kartana is a very cool Pokemon, and I feel like its very underrated. However, the team is all based around setup sweepers, and while Kartana is a very good wallbreaker with SD, I simply cannot find a time where I can safely setup with Kartana, either it being slower or wrong predictions. That is the reason why I wanted to change Timid LO. Being Scarf also means it is able to run Defog, so the team has better matchup against hazard-stacking teams and helps Gyarados check Greninja more safely.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Defog

cobalion.gif
I know this is kind of a really weird change, but Cobalion is faster, can set up Stealth Rock, and has Magnet Rise to deal with opposing Landorus and can generate a little momentum with Volt Switch. Since it doesn't have Glare, I just opted for Thunder Wave. This change is optional, and I think Druddigon is a really cool mon, but I wanted to try some different sets playing with the team.
Cobalion
Ability: Justified
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Magnet Rise

Love your teams and keep it up! Btw it's raining

Last edited:
2252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 188 HP / 180 SpD Zygarde in Rain: 310-366 (76.7 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
holy shit i didn't know you could get this much evs o3o;;

Kartana

Item:
Life Orb
Leaf Blade
Smart Strike
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword
Also, how come you were running -Atk Kartana?

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
you are really just the fucking worst for this team good god lmao
but in all honesty this team is really frail, really weak to flying and in general just relies on the uncompetitive nature of paralysis and i know toy know that. personally id change the gyrados to something more suited to set up and take hits. you also forgot to add mandibuzz to ur list of threats

BanDisnDatnMe : ofc I'm the one and only

Last edited:
you are really just the fucking worst for this team good god lmao
but in all honesty this team is really frail, really weak to flying and in general just relies on the uncompetitive nature of paralysis and i know toy know that. personally id change the gyrados to something more suited to set up and take hits. you also forgot to add mandibuzz to ur list of threats
Yeah it's like I say to my guys: "My teams are PURE EVIL" lmao

Frailty:
This archetype doesn't really fear Flying as a whole but Mega Pinsir. Now I get your point, getting to have 6 non-resistant pokemons to Flying just leave you wishing for more... Hawlucha and Tornadus can also represent a major problem for this team, being the last one aforementioned the easiest one to paralize since it tends to lead, which means that Druddigon will land a Glare most of the times if running Mental Herb. Hawlucha can be paralyzed by Zygarde with ease, but will still be sacking Zygarde so it ends up crippling to a lesser degree. Mega Pinsir is easy to wear down but it does can catch you off guard if you don't know how to play this team experimentally.

Mega Gyarados:
Mega Gyarados has always been the weakest link on this team, but in all honesty I don't really see this team thriving off without Mega Gyarados's resilience. I truly believe though there might be several pokemons that are willing to embrace the challenge and occupy this slot to perfection... But by the moment being I do not have any of them in mind right now... But it's plausible getting to have a Mega Mawile punching holes in entire teams... Or maybe yet another Dragon Dancer... I will really take this search upon myself :)

Mandibuzz:
Druddigon has a -31 IVs Atk to cripple Foul Play, it says it all xD (Joke). Mandibuzz isn't really a major threat, Serperior can really cripple it when it's paralized. Blacephalon can also help deter Mandibuzz. Kartana might culminate it with Z-Giga Impact. Zygarde can really wall it and normally Mandibuzz serves as a setup fodder for it, if it doesn't run Whirlwind of course... Mega Gyarados can cooperate to a lesser degree... there are a lot of things on this team holding Mandibuzz down...

Q: Are you the real Omari P or just a Smogon RMT poster that posts Omari P's stuff?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)