ORAS OU Battle Factory Inspiration

This is a team inspired by one of the random battle factory teams. I've been playing a lot lately, cuz who can get enough of pokemon. I liked one of the teams I was given so much that I decided to create an OU team based off of it. So far I've been happy with how it performed but I want to take it to the next level. Looking forward to all your advice. :)

---​

Najenda (Dragonite) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Dragonite was one of two pokemon I carried over from the Battle Factory team I was given. I decided to build a team using Dragonite as a late game sweeper which is what it's best at. Standard Multiscale/Lum Berry to recover from burns, paralysis, and confusion after an Outrage. I opted for Fire Punch over other moves such as Extreme Speed so that Dragonite is able to hit potential switch in's such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Scizor.

Mach (Scolipede) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Protect

Scolipede was the second pokemon that I decided to use from one of my Battle Factory battles. Ripped right from the strategy pokedex, this set has worked very well for me and EQ has given me so many kills. With Speed Boost it is a major offensive threat that I use to sweep mid to late game.

Incinerape (Infernape) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot

I chose Infernape because two things about it stood out to me. It's great speed, and it's diverse move pool. I decided to attach a Choice Scarf so I can outspeed other scarfer's, most notably Excadrill. I went with a full physical set rather than a more common mixed set because I was content with the coverage a physical set gave me and I'm glad I didn't have to split the ev's. U-turn is obviously for momentum and can help me read what my opponent will do. Flare Blitz and Close Combat hit many things very hard, pokemon like Latios are resistant but U-turn does hit Latios for good damage. Gunk Shot is purely for fairies and to fill in my last move slot with a physical move.

Overused (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Originally Gengar, Landorus was a better fit due to it's superior bulk and immunity to ground and similar resistance to fighting. I decided on a standard Rocky Helmet defensive set because I wanted to use Landorus as a defensive pivot to force a switch and then proceed to U-turn or Knock Off. Despite having no attack investments EQ still hits very hard which is always much appreciated and Stone Edge does as well. I decided not to include Stealth Rock because I have another pokemon that can set rocks up and I thought the potential to remove an item was more valuable to me than a second hazard mon.

Patrick (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Reflect Type

I went through multiple options before I chose Starmie. I wanted something to remove hazards and compensate for no Special attackers on this team whatsoever and Starmie fit my team's needs. I originally tried a Utility Starmie with Rapid Spin, Scald, Toxic, and Recover with Leftovers but I did desperately want some special offense so I changed the Ev's from 252 HP to 252 SpA. I also added Ice Beam, Reflect Type and gave it a Life Orb. Scald > Hydro Pump to try to get burn hax, as well as accuracy reasons. I have zero ice coverage on this team so I decided on having Ice Beam. I also chose Reflect Type over Thunderbolt/Recover because I like that I can play around my opponent in that regard. For example I can use it on Thundurus since I outspeed, I become Immune to Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt hits me for neutral. I can then click Ice Beam. Also Natural Cure over Analytic because I have no cleric and it's useful for getting rid of any status ailment. I also use Starmie to tank Spore's because I can swap out, cure the sleep, and get a threat like Infernape out to deal with the grass type.

Ironhide (Aggron-Mega) (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave

A defensive beast and great ulility mon, I use Mega Aggron to set up rocks as well as getting paralysis on potentially dangerous threats. I have Fire Punch over another move because much like on Dragonite it hits whatever counter my opponent will send in on me. Again using the example of Ferrothorn or Skarmory.

Here are some examples of battles I've done.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-421499794

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-422334830

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to your advice :)

Your team looks to be a pretty standrd BO team , with a couple frailer, more uncommon threats in scolli and nape. i gotta say imma big fan of nape myself, its cool to see it used in OU.

the only major change i recommend is swapping out megaaggron for an all-out attacker megagross. megagross gives you a good offensive fairy check while bringing so much more to the table offensively. this thing has a great movepool and is dangerous to a lotta bulkier teams, as one coverage move can mean a dead heatran or zapdos or w/e they think can wall you. imo boltbeam is the best set, but its really up to your preference. since your team as a whole dicks on tran, im gonna recommend bullet punch as the 4th move. without espeed on drag you lack any priority, so megagross can help revengekill (although nape should usually do a fine job). heres the set i recommend

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch

Stealth rock could fit on landoT, or even on megagross if you really want to stick it there. pursuit is an option to nail lati@s, but your team doesnt particularly struggle with them. zen headbutt is usually unnecessary, but it does hit megavenu, which could be an annoyance (youve got no SE coverage for it). megavenu aint that common tho, so i wouldnt worry abt it much.

hope this helps, good looking team bro. hmu with any questions/criticisms!

PS: SD on scolli somewhere?? idk where but it could be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)