Battle Mechanics Research

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
19:56 Arikado doublade has no guard
19:56 Arikado and if you use focus blast
19:57 Arikado as doublade switches out
19:57 Arikado will it ever miss ?

this is assuming scrappy exploud btw

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
a pokemon that has been leech seeded uses baton pass to a grass-type, what happens?
Presumably, the Grass would still take damage. Same logic as Baton Passing Perish Song to a Soundproof mon - it's immune to the move, but not the status. Regardless, it's worth a test (assuming I have something with Leech Seed!).

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Arikado Leech Seed will affect the Grass-type if Leech Seed is Baton Passed to it. I tested this on Pokemon Showdown!, so it could be different in-game.
That's where it happened to me, I just want confirmation in-game since PS is sometimes a shaky source when it comes to things like this

With Powersaves allowing us to get the Gems, I had to test Flying Gem + Acrobatics in a Link Battle.
(Using a Life Orb in place of the Flying Gem since it's 30% now and using a 110 BP Flying move)
0+ Atk Life Orb Hawlucha (No Move) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 109-130 (70.7 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO -- guaranteed 2HKO

In game, my Talonflame has 154 HP at Lv50 and after getting hit with Flying Gem + Acrobatics from the Hawlucha, it was reduced to 39 HP which is around 25% of it's HP. So Flying Gem Acrobatics still works.
Had to test it since Normal Gem + Magician doesn't work.

Oh and I couldn't upload the replay, it wouldn't let me. It seems to prevent replays with unreleased or hacked stuff from being uploaded.

Great for Hawlucha once it's officially released. It can run Stone Edge in Sky Attack's place!

Does Teravolt and Turboblaze have the same effect on new Gen VI abilities? On Bulbapedia, Mold Breaker has Gen VI abilities in the 'Abilities affected' section, but Teravolt and Turboblaze do not have the same abilities listed on their page. Is this because those pages haven't been updated with Gen VI, or is it because Mold Breaker affects more abilities than the other two?

If a pokemon rapid spins while the foe is holding Rocky helemt and as a result of the spin, the spinner dies from the rocky helmet damage. In showdown the spin didn't clear the hazard. Is it really the same in-game?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
If a pokemon rapid spins while the foe is holding Rocky helemt and as a result of the spin, the spinner dies from the rocky helmet damage. In showdown the spin didn't clear the hazard. Is it really the same in-game?
Yes. This also extends to abilities such as Rough Skin and Iron Barbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)