Battle Mechanics Research

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aegislash info
  • Changes form before it's own move.
  • Aegislash always comes out in Shield Forme. When switched out in Blade Forme, it will come in as Shield Forme.
  • Damaging moves will change Aegislash to Blade Forme. Tested with Shadow Sneak/Shadow Claw/Cut/Aerial Ace.
  • King's Shield will change Aegislash to Shield Forme.
  • Non-damaging moves (besides King's Shield) will not change Forme. Test with Confide, Power Trick, Iron Defense, Autotomize, Swords Dance, and Protect do not change Formes. It will remain in whatever is was on. Tested on both Shield and Blade Formes.
  • Aegislash will change into Blade Forme when using a move even if the move fails due to hitting itself in confusion.
  • Stats for my Level 45 Aegislash (NOT BASE STATS). Shield Forme stats: 126/72/144/62/143/68. Blade Forme stats: 126/171/54/152/53/68. Base Stats still undergoing calculation.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aegislash always comes out in Shield Forme and changes before it's attack. My moves right now are Shadow Sneak/Shadow Claw/Cut/Aerial Ace. All cause Blade Forme.

Aegislash will change into Blade Forme when using a move even if the move fails due to hitting itself in confusion.
Does it revert to Shield Forme when it switches out?

[*]Oblivious: because Mental Herb was changed to block Taunt and similar effects in 5th Gen, has Oblivious been changed to block it as well?
Oblivious now blocks Taunt. This can be tested as early as Route 7 which has both wild Croagunk (Taunt) and Illumise (Oblivious).

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Confirmed: Magic Room does not prevent mega-evolution. This was tested on Fairy Tale Girl Wynne in the Winding Woods.

• Can Magic Room or Embargo prevent Mega-Evolution?
  • It's known that Mega-Evolution occurs before any moves, but what is not clear is if it occurs before or after switching is handled.
  • Does Transform work on Mega-Evolved Pokémon? If so, does the Pokémon transform into its Mega-Evolved forme or its normal forme?
Will check the other two tomorrow.

Last edited:
So Vivillon learned hurricane something like 20 levels ago, and I still have yet to see it miss.

Compound Eyes buff? I'll catch a Yanma with Supersonic later for further testing.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There are reports that Infiltrator now allows the Pokémon to bypass Substitute. Can someone confirm?

100 trials of Slash without any other crit-boosting effect: 13/100 crit. It's likely that 1 stage of crit boost still makes moves crit 1/8 of the time. When I get a Pokémon with Super Luck and/or Scope Lens, I'll test those. For now it's finally time for me to get back to actually playing the game. I did catch a shiny Flabébé while testing this, though. Bonus!

Mega-evolution seems to remove leech seed? I mega-evolved my leech seeded Charizard and proceeded to knock out the Jumpluff that used it. Can anyone confirm this, and what other moves are affected? That, or KO'ing the leech seed user removes leech seed?

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mega-evolution seems to remove leech seed? I mega-evolved my leech seeded Charizard and proceeded to knock out the Jumpluff that used it. Can anyone confirm this, and what other moves are affected? That, or KO'ing the leech seed user removes leech seed?
If you are seeded, Leech Seed does not have any effects at the end of the turn if you knock out the opponent. There is nothing left on the field to sap your HP. Could you be a bit more precise with what exactly happened?

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yawn + Hydration: Apparently they way they operate means a Pokemon is asleep for one turn.
Well I believe hydration procs at the end of the each turn. So if a faster mon sleeps a hydration mon, it should be asleep for one turn. I guess yawn's end turn priority is after hydration. Might have something to do with speed also, not sure.

If you are seeded, Leech Seed does not have any effects at the end of the turn if you knock out the opponent. There is nothing left on the field to sap your HP. Could you be a bit more precise with what exactly happened?
Oh my bad. I swear leech seed used to stay until you switched the seeded Pokemon out

Oh my bad. I swear leech seed used to stay until you switched the seeded Pokemon out
It did. It did not however do damage if your opponent has no Pokemon on the field at the end of the turn. The following turn, if your opponent has a Pokemon on the field, it would continue sapping your health. Was there a turn after this in the battle, and what happened then if there was?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)