Battle Mechanics Research

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Showdown should never be your firsthand source for game mechanics lmao

There was a glitch last gen where if a Pokemon reached 1809 Speed it would bypass Trick Room, and I don't believe it's been confirmed or disproved yet for XY.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Does Red Card activate before Knock Off, well, knocks it off??

Are items that activate when you're hit by knock off recoverable? For example if Trevenant has the dark resist berry: opponent uses knock off, berry activates. Can Harvest restore it? Same question with something like a psychic type with weakness policy and recycle.

ill test these as soon as i can (tomorrow)

Showdown should never be your firsthand source for game mechanics lmao

There was a glitch last gen where if a Pokemon reached 1809 Speed it would bypass Trick Room, and I don't believe it's been confirmed or disproved yet for XY.
Liquid jumped the gun a bit; me(I'm not raik) and yogi are working on it. We SHOULD have our results in about 24 hours

Last edited:

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Red Card will NOT activate if Knock off is used, testing other stuff (berries, Rocky Helment, w/e) as well.

Rocky Helmet WILL damage the Knock off user before Rocky Helmet gets removed.

Berries will be done tomorrow/eventually.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
<Marty> hey Arcticblast, I'm too lazy to log in and post but the Trick Room bug seems fixed in XY, at least below 2664 Speed
<Marty> :)
<Arcticblast> okay
<Arcticblast> posting :o
<Marty> Ninjask with 148 Speed, +6, Swift Swim, Scarf, Trick Room in the rain
<Marty> went last

EDIT:

<Marty> oh wait, I can't count
<Marty> that's only 1776 Speed
<Marty> :/
<Arcticblast> throw on Tailwind and see how it goes
* plus- has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by plusbus))
<Marty> oh good Sigilyph gets all three moves, k one sec
<Marty> k scratch that, not fixed at all
<Marty> Ninjask with 148 Speed, +6, Swift Swim, Scarf, Tailwind and Trick Room in the rain moves first

Last edited:
<Marty> hey Arcticblast, I'm too lazy to log in and post but the Trick Room bug seems fixed in XY, at least below 2664 Speed
<Marty> :)
<Arcticblast> okay
<Arcticblast> posting :o
<Marty> Ninjask with 148 Speed, +6, Swift Swim, Scarf, Trick Room in the rain
<Marty> went last

EDIT:

<Marty> oh wait, I can't count
<Marty> that's only 1776 Speed
<Marty> :/
<Arcticblast> throw on Tailwind and see how it goes
* plus- has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by plusbus))
<Marty> oh good Sigilyph gets all three moves, k one sec
<Marty> k scratch that, not fixed at all
<Marty> Ninjask with 148 Speed, +6, Swift Swim, Scarf, Tailwind and Trick Room in the rain moves first
Lol dammit at the edit me and yogi stopped right after we saw the first part of the post. We were literally about to start transferring the mons for the test :P
Our set-up was meant to reach ~1900 speed

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't remember if this was asked but does Fairy Aura stack?

By that I mean if you have two Xerneas facing each other is the Aura boost applied twice?

a fairy

Community Leader
I don't remember if this was asked but does Fairy Aura stack?

By that I mean if you have two Xerneas facing each other is the Aura boost applied twice?
I have a Xerneas if anyone wants to check this.

edit: wait no, i have a yveltal oops, still should be fine tho?

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
DHR-107 and I tested, looks like Dark Aura doesn't stack.
Okay, if it doesn't stack then that needs to be corrected in the damage calculator. For example:

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Fairy Aura Xerneas: 444-523 (97.3 - 114.6%)
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Xerneas: 334-394 (73.2 - 86.4%)

252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dark Aura Yveltal: 170-200 (43.2 - 50.8%)
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 127-151 (32.3 - 38.4%)

Right now the calc stacks Fairy Aura/Dark Aura. IDK if this happens on PS!

a fairy

Community Leader
double post because it's completely different than the one above

weakness policy activates before knock off, Lynkerlicious and I are checking the defog screens thing right now, will edit with results

edit:
[17:45] <+Lynker> Defog only removes the lightscreen of the one hit
[17:45] <@ladysalamence> interesting
[17:45] <+Lynker> very

Last edited:
Could anyone check if you take a Fletchling with Gale Wings, then teach it Natural Gift, and give it a Lansat Berry, will it go first? It is a 100 Base Power Flying type move. I'm iffy, as wasn't it confirmed Hidden Power [Flying] was not affected? If anybody has access to this, or if they want to trade me a Lansat Berry, I can test this with someone, seems interesting.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, something totally bizarre happened in a Triples battle I accidentally did yesterday. In the battle, I was facing a team based around Round. A Scarf Porygon-Z led with Round, and then both the Sylveon and Aurorus seemed to get priority from it, as they outsped my Manectric. HOWEVER, later on in the match, he used Round with Mega Gardevoir, Reuniclus, and Porygon-Z. The odd part is that THIS time, Reuniclus went AFTER my Pokemon.

So TL;DR: I think something else is effecting Round's priority in a way we don't know of yet.

Here is the battle video for those of you that want to see it: 8EAG-WWWW-WWW5-E849

Regarding the attacks Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare:
not only must the two moves be used on the same turn for the latter attack to receive the power bonus,
the latter hit must happen directly after the first fusion move is used.
If another attack intercepts them in turn order, the 2nd hit will not receive a power boost.

'scuse me if this is common knowledge =x

a fairy

Community Leader
Can someone check if Pokemon with Magic Bounce bounce back the screen removing effect of Defog?
ok!

P6UG-WWWW-WWW5-7DPB

should prove that

A: Defog only blows away screens of the Pokemon on the receiving end

B: Magic Bounce affects Defog as one might think it would (bouncing it, causing blow away of screens & evasiveness fall on the user who used Defog)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)