Status
Not open for further replies.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Voting

Chesnaught: Victor S. Court, Exploudit, Summonerrisa4o1
Delphox: Victor S. Court, Exploudit, Yahooboo

My suggest: Give at least 3-4 slates per week, and put a rule about how people can only make 2 submissions each round, that cuold help to avoid too much repetition if that's a concern

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Voting
Chesnaught
: Exploudit, Ezaphs, Six Trails
Delphox: Exploudit, Ezaphs, Six Trails

You didn't say anything about self votes, so.........

Btw, I'm not 100% sure if I personally like the idea of this open slate style, yeah, it does give a lot more freedom, but I'm afraid I'll get a little too messy and disorganised? I don't really have a better solution though, but I just feel like slates might be better and ensure the community favourites actually win. That's just my opinion tho.
I see no problem with being able to self vote tbh, if everyone does it, it ends up balancing out. Also it won't matter if we switch to the open slate anyway. I feel like the open slate style definitely can work out well, seeing as its a similar system to the Metagame Workshop in that one person posts an idea and gets suggestions. It just really doesn't seem like the restrictions this pet mod puts on the battle bond forms will allow for very diverse ideas if we have to stick to a specific mon and having a dedicated poll won't change the end result all that much in many situations.

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Voting
Delphox: Ezaphs, Yahooboo, Ludicrousity
Chesnaught: Ezaphs, Sereg, Ludicrousity

Slates do have the organisation benefit and helping ensure the favourites win as Exploudit said, but Eza's point is valid that the nature of the mod means lower variety in submissions.

I'd like to suggest a compromise, but I don't know if it will work. Maybe, still have slates, but unlike in typical slates, allow people to add an unslated mon for others to comment on? Based on peoplle's reactions, it can either be slated in the near future (in which case, the person's submission is ready) or, if it's basically unanimously seen as unimprovable, just accept it (not that I think that's likely to happen often, even with well-liked submissions)?

Voting

Delphox: Kopelomon, Samtendo09, Exploudit

Chesnaught: Kopelomon, Samtendo09, Exploudit

Last edited:

Eve

taking a break
Community Leader
As the voting system was intended to last for a week, I'll close voting here.
The winners are:
Exploudit's Merilyn-Delphox and my Clemont Chesnaught!
Thanks for the submissions. Anyhows, I think we'll try Victor S. Court's suggestion of having a slate of 4 mons and allowing people to submit ideas for 2 of them. So, for this week we have...
The weakest links
These are the 4 fully evolved Pokémon with the lowest BSTs (Excluding Ditto because I felt that one might be complex). Note: For Wishiwashi, without Schooling it will stay as Solo form, but you may base the stats of the Bond form off those of the School Form as a little buff to it. Good luck, and remember, you have better chances of winning the one that nobody else chooses to design!

(Oh also, Shedinja's HP is hardcoded to 1, don't increase it)

Eve

taking a break
Community Leader
Soul-Shedinja
Stats: 1 / 180 (+90) / 45 (+10) / 40 / 30 /50 (+10)
Trigger: Reaching 0 HP (Its health is then restored and status removed)
Type: Bug/Ghost
Buffed Move: Fury Cutter: 60 BP, +1 Priority
Description: This Shedinja is one of few Shedinjas who still have some sort of mind left over from evolving. When it is subjected to pain, it awakens and puts its all into every attack.
Competitive Analysis: Fun lategame sweeper. Technically can be KO'd without having Sash broken, such as by hazards, so can use SD afterwards to further boost damage. Best set would probably run Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Fury Cutter and Sucker Punch.

Joy-Delibird
Stats
: 55 (+10) / 95 (+40) / 45 / 65 / 45 / 135 (+60)
Trigger: Use Happy Hour
Type: Normal/Flying
Buffed Move: Present: Heals user for damage dealt, never heals opponent
Description: A Delibird revered among others of its kind as the true spirit of Christmas. Upon sharing its happiness, it reveals its true power.
Competitive Analysis: Basically a bit of fun. It can use Z-Happy Hour for an Omni-Boost, then proceed to share its gifts. It has the speed to outspeed anything relevant after the +1, meaning it can pull off whichever shenanigans it wants. A fun set could be Happy Hour, Present, Drill Peck, Destiny Bond / Rapid Spin / Spikes.

Last edited:
Pokemon: Delibird
Battle Bond Name: Santa-Delibird
Base Stats: 85(+40)/55/45/65/85(+40)/105(+30)
Typing: Ice/Flying
Move Buffed: Present
Move Stats: Flying Type / 180 BP (from max 120) / 100% Accuracy / 100% chance to burn the target.
Battle Bond Origin: It's Santa's delivery birb. It goes into its Battle Bond form upon successfully landing the move Present.

Pokemon:
Battle Bond Name:
Base Stats:
Typing:
Move Buffed:
Move Stats:
Battle Bond Origin:

Pokemon: Shedinja
Battle Bond Name: Camilla-Shedinja
Base Stats: 1/150 (+60)/45 /30 /10 (-20)/110 (+70)
Typing: Ghost/Fire

Move Buffed: Shadow Sneak
Move Stats: No longer makes contact, 60BP and sets Misty Terrain in addition to other effects.

Activation: When Shedinja would faint from a super-effective move, it instead transforms.
Battle Bond Origin: When Camilla A. Slash (often known merely as “A”) lost her Torchic, Zexy, to the dreaded PC, her Shedinja absorbed his soul so he could continue to be with her. This allowed it to gain the Fire typing under desperate moments and helped her to defeat her greatest rival, Gym Leader Wattson, who continually laughed at her attempts to overcome him. Her shedinja’s new typing protects it from burns and it can protect itself from other status with priority, damaging Misty Terrain. It’s loss of its ability makes it a real glass canon though.

(Had to go with the Twitch Plays Pokemon ref)

Pokemon: Wishiwashi
Battle Bond Name: Lana-Wishiwashi
Base Stats: 45/180 (+40)/130/180 (+40)/165 (+30)/10

Typing: Water/Psychic

Move Buffed: Beat Up
Move Stats: Psychic Type, boosted by STAB and based on Lana-Wishiwashi’s Attack stat and level.
Activation: When a new pokemon enters the field to face Wishiwashi, Wishiwashi transforms.
Battle Bond Origin: Lana used her wishiwashi to challenge trainers for her trial. Continually calling its friends for its schooling for allowed it to gain even greater power and psychic abilities when it encountered multiple enemy pokemon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eve

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Pokemon: Smeargle
Battle Bond Name: Leonardo-Smeargle
Base Stats: 55 / 60 (+40) / 35 / 60 (+40) / 45 / 105 (+30)
Typing: Normal
Move Buffed: Sketch
Move Stats: Sketch summons a random move from it's teammates' movepools (like Assist), but Smeargle's type will change to the same type as the move used, and if it's an attacking move, it'll have 1.5x BP.
Battle Bond Origin: Leonardo da Vinci is a famous painter. It goes into Battle Bond mode upon using a move that it Sketched.

Pokemon: Delibird
Battle Bond Name: Christmas-Delibird
Base Stats: 45 / 55 / 45 / 105 (+40) / 85 (+40) / 105 (+30)
Typing: Ice/Fairy
Move Buffed: Present
Move Stats: When used on foe: 100 BP, dual Ice/Fairy move. When used on ally in Doubles: Heals them by 50% and if they do not have an item, they randomly receive Life Orb, Leftovers, Sitrus Berry or Rocky Helmet.
Battle Bond Origin: Delibird is just a happy bird who delivers presents around the holidays. Battle Bond activates upon being healed, whether it be with Roost/Rest or an item like Lefties.

I just made them more fun than anything :D

Santa Claus-Delibird

Base Stats: 45 HP / 145 Atk (+90) / 45 Def / 45 SpA (-20) / 45 SpD / 115 Spe (+40)
Battle Bond Activation: Use 'Present', activates before using the move
Buffed Move: Present
Move Changes: 40% chance to have 180 BP and raise Speed by one stage, 30% chance to heal the user by 1/2 of its HP, 20% chance to have 120 BP, 10% chance to have 60 BP and raise Attack by one stage. This move ignores super effectiveness and resistances
Rationale: Do I even have to explain why Santa Claus is chosen here?
Competitive: I really tried to make this good, and I think I did a nice job, Present is like quite a good move now, and it does Neutral damage to everything, making so that Steel-types don't completely wall it.
All-out Attacker
Santa Claus Delibird @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Present
- Icicle Crash
- Drill Peck / Spikes / Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard / Spikes / Rapid Spin

Tracey-Smeargle

Base Stats: 55 HP / 20 Atk / 55 Def (+20) / 20 SpA / 55 SpD (+10) / 155 Spe (+80)
Battle Bond Activation: Use 'Sketch', activates before using the move
Buffed Move: Sketch
Move Changes: Protects the user then copies the move that the opponent attempted to use, then raises user's Speed, Defense and Special Defense by two stages each. Has a increasing chance to fail if used consecutively, similarly to Protect.
Rationale: Tracey is inspired by Ken Sugimori, pretty the most important Pokémon illustrator. All three (Smeargle, Tracey and Sugimori) have a huge passion for drawing and what not so it felt pretty fitting in my opinion.
Competitive: What's Smeargle's biggest issue when acting as support lead? It is for sure Speed, but now that problem is fixed, Smeargle can be a great addition to hyper offensive teams looking for a realiable hazard setter just because of its Speed.
Hazard Setter
Santa Claus Delibird @ Focus Sash
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore / Skill Swap
- Taunt / Magic Coat

Last edited:

Eve

taking a break
Community Leader

Santa Claus-Delibird

Base Stats: 45 HP / 145 Atk (+90) / 45 Def / 45 SpA (-20) / 45 SpD / 105 Spe (+30)
[/hide]
Ah yes, I forgot to mention in the original post if stat drops were allowed. I think I'll say that if a mon has a BST under 400, then it can be eligible for drops, as this will most likely help increase their viability.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention in the original post if stat drops were allowed. I think I'll say that if a mon has a BST under 400, then it can be eligible for drops, as this will most likely help increase their viability.
Oh, good. Then I can edit Shedinja to be better.

EDIT: Any limits on how much we can drop stats by?

Ok, this is ma first post, so it will be surely shit:

Pokemon:

Battle Bond Name: Hansen-Shedinja
Stats: 1 Hp (+0)/160 Atk (+70)/15 Def (-20)/30 SpA (+0)/30 SpD (+0)/100 Spe (+60)
Trigger: Lose an item
Move Buffed: Leech Life:+1 Priority, gains the same effect as endure and doesn't make contact.
Description: The most faithful shedinja of Colonel Hansen's squad of ninjasks and shedinjas finally got its reward and got a powerful form to distinguish it to another less powerful shedinjas.
Competitive: Should be used to surprise since it will always lose its object (focus shash) so it will always activate the Battle Bond Form: Fun revenge killer.

Pokemon:

Battle Bond Name: Lana-Wishiwashi
Stats: 45 Hp (+0)/170 Atk (+30)/130 (+0)/170 SpA (+30)/135 SpD (+0)/80 Spe (+50)
Trigger: Must be under rain
Move Buffed: Rain Dance: Boosts Lana-Wishiwashi's Attack and Special Attack by 2 stages and summons rain. Doesn't fail if rain is already active.
Description: Lana has always have a special connection with wishiwashi, and thanks to this, wishiwashi is capable to get a more powerful and faster form.
Competitive: Great mixed attacker. Is such a cool improvement to rain teams.

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Shedinja-Graeme

Base Stats
: 1 HP / 160 Atk (+70) / 25 Def (-20)/ 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 100 Spe (+60)
Battle Bond Activation: Getting hit by a non-super effective move. If so, this pokemon takes no damage, and immediately transforms. Only work once (duh)
Buffed Move: Phantom Force
Move Changes: Move no longer has to charge. 110 BP.
Rationale: Graeme is a ghost type Gym Leader located in the far of Alira (A-lie-ra) region. His signature pokemon is a Shedinja with a Power Herb and Phantom Force. He is dark skinned, and usually wears a Balaclava and a hood, making it almost impossible to see anything other than his eyes.
Competitive: I was lazy. cba adding anything here. short desc: Glass Cannon. Spam Phantom Force. Done

Marlon-Wishiwashi

Base Stats
: 115 HP (+70) / 140 Atk / 130 Def / 181 SpA (+41) / 135 SpD / 39 Spe (-1)
Battle Bond Activation: Wishiwashi needs to drop below 33% health to transform.
Buffed Move: Aqua Ring
Move Changes: Heals 1/8 max HP instead of 1/16 and prevents contact moves for this turn
Rationale: N/A
Competitive: I was also lazy. Use Aqua Ring, that's about it. Good luck taking it down. It has STAB Double edge too, but Normal just gives it another weakness...

Last edited:

Shedinja-Graeme

Base Stats
: 1 HP / 160 Atk (+70) / 25 Def (-20)/ 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 100 Spe (+60)
Battle Bond Activation: Getting hit by a non-super effective move.
Buffed Move: Phantom Force
Move Changes: Move no longer has to charge. 110 BP.
Rationale: Graeme is a ghost type Gym Leader located in the far of Alira (A-lie-ra) region. His signature pokemon is a Shedinja with a Power Herp and Phantom Force. He is dark skinned, and usually wears a Balaclava and a hood, making it almost impossible to see anything other than his eyes.
Competitive: I was lazy. cba adding anything here. short desc: Glass Cannon. Spam Phantom Force. Done

Shedinja with a Power Herp
is that like magical herpes or something

Eve

taking a break
Community Leader
Voting ends on Monday and there's only one submission for Wishiwashi, meaning if you want to submit I'd go for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)