Battle Spot in the OR/AS era - two metas, one generation! (UPDATE: ALL MEGA EVO STATS LEAKED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
THEORYMON EDIT: ALL THE ORAS MEGA EVOS JUST GOT LEAKED, CLICK THE HIDE TAG FOR THEIR STATS! BECAUSE OF THIS, ALL MEGA EVO DISCUSSION IS NOW ALLOWED!

Swampert: 100/150/110/95/110/70 Type: Water/Ground Ability: Swift Swim

Sceptile 70/110/75/145/85/145 Type: Grass/Dragon Ability: Lightning Rod

Sableye: 50/85/125/85/115/20 Type: Dark/Ghost Ability: Magic Bounce

Altaria: 75/110/110/110/105/80 Type: Dragon/Fairy Ability: Pixilate

Gallade: 68/165/95/65/115/110 Type: Psychic/Fighting Ability: Inner Focus

Audino: 103/60/126/80/126/50 Type: Normal/Fairy Ability: Healer

Sharpedo: 70/140/70/110/65/105 Type: Water/Dark Ability: Strong Jaws

Steelix: 75/125/230/55/95/30 Type: Steel/Ground Ability: Sand Force

Pigeot: 83/80/80/135/80/121 Type: Normal/Flying Ability: No Guard

Glalie 80/120/80/120/80/100 Type: Ice Ability: Refrigerate

Diancie: 50/160/110/160/110/110 Type: Rock/Fairy Ability: Magic Bounce

Metagross: 80/145/150/105/110/110 Type: Steel/Psychic Ability: Tough Claws

Hoopa: 80/160/60/170/130/80 Type: Psychic/Dark Ability: Magican (poor bastard)

Camerupt: 70/120/100/145/105/20 Type: Fire/Ground Ability: Sheer Force

Lopunny: 65/136/94/54/96/135 Type: Normal/Fighting Ability: Scrappy

Salamence: 95/145/130/120/90/120 Type: Dragon/Flying Ability: Aerilate

Beedrill: 65/150/40/15/80/145 Ability: Adaptability

Slowbro-M Stats: 95/75/180/130/80/30 Type: Water/Psychic Ability: Shell Armor

These 5 probably aren't gonna be legal in most battle spot stuff, but hey you never know what gamefreak will do with tournaments and battle spot special!

Kyogre: 100/150/90/180/160/90 Type: Water

Groudon: 100/180/160/150/90/90 Type: Ground/Fire

Rayquaza: 105/180/100/180/100/115 Type: Dragon/Flying

Diancie: 50/160/110/160/110/110 Type: Rock/Fairy Ability: Magic Bounce

Hoopa: 80/160/60/170/130/80 Type: Psychic/Dark Ability: Magican (poor bastard)

THEIR MOVES

Kyogre: Origin Pulse - Water Special, 85%, 110 BP, 10 PP

Groudon: Precipice Blades - Ground Physical, 85%, 120 BP, 10 PP

Rayquaza: Dragon Ascent - Flying Physical, 100%, 120 BP, 5 PP (effect code present)
??? (probably Hoopa lol): Hyperspace Fury - Dark Special, 101%, 100 BP, 5 PP (Always hits, effect code present)

This thread is for the discussion of Battle Spot metagame changes in OR/AS. Try to keep discussion on confirmed information. Not being nazi mods, but remember that this is a competitive community and we really need hard data to discuss things properly :) This means don't discuss megas that don't have released BST. As per forum rules, you may discuss in-game stuff if it is relevant to Battle Spot.

Battle Spot split into two:

Battle Spot has always been different from other metas but will be impacted greatly by OR/AS. The most important change is that rated Battle Spot will be split into two leagues. OR/AS and XY will compete SEPARATELY in rated play with different ban lists. This is due to the fact that there will be no new content patch for XY to account for new additions and my own hypothesis that Gamefreak eventually wants to phase out pre-gen 6 Pokemon.

OR/AS league allows only Pokemon obtained in XY and OR/AS, aka KB-only (it has been confirmed that OR/AS Pokemon have the pentagon). This mean you CANNOT use transferred Pokemon in rated play in OR/AS.

XY league allows Pokemon from XY as well as transferred Pokemon. This means any new Megas will be not allowed (although it is unknown whether this includes the Mega Latis).

I will discuss with Hula updating our forum tags to account for the two leagues in addition to the four different formats. These will be interesting changes as the two metas will be very different. XY League is what we have now but will not include new additions, but OR/AS will not include our beloved transfer Pokemon.

I personally wish there was a "whole enchilada" type of metagame where we can use both transferred Pokemon and the new stuff but I like having more options.

Official link here explaining all of the changes: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/cool-features/the-pokemon-global-link/pgl-rating-battles

----

Personal thoughts on megas with released BST:

Swampert: Mega Swampert is shaping up to be a massive buff to rain teams, especially when it is so easy to support and threatens nearly all of the common weather setups. It has incredible defenses, excellent power, and is extremely fast under rain - good luck trying to revenge this or take Rain-boosted Water STAB from 150 Atk. Bulky Grass types such as Venusaur and Ferrothorn will be in greater demand. I expect Mega Swampert to be extremely popular and become a new staple for rain teams, if not cause the popularity of rain teams to rise on its own.

Sceptile: Interestingly, I can see the main reason for Sceptile's use being checking rain teams in a more convenient manner than Charizard-Y and Tar/Hippo. Sceptile's 145 Speed means that it is difficult to revenge by Scarfers/Manectric and common users of HP Ice. Fast Grass types are in short supply and Sceptile provides a valuable niche that Venusaur, Breloom, and Ferrothorn cannot. Be careful of a potential rise in Talonflame usage on rain teams to counteract this or prepare to use Talonflame yourself if you run rain.

Unfortunately, like Ampharos, there is a high likelihood that Mega Sceptile will be unable to use Draco Meteor. Fortunately, it still has Leaf Storm as a nuke. Sceptile won't be as popular, but it will hold its own.

Steelix: I honestly don't know what this offers over Mega Aggron which has better distributed stats with a better ability. Scizor and Mawile are better choices for offensive Steel types with a little bulk. Landorus is the better Sand Force user, though it usually is either Therian or special w/ Sheer Force. Steelix also has poor synergy with Tyranitar and Hippo, only offering a Steel and Fairy resistance for the former but taking away Tyranitar's Mega stone. Otherwise, it doesn't form a strong core with either of those. I guess Sand Force Gyro Ball will really hurt but it's overall not equipped for success imo.

Glalie: I think Glalie is one of the coolest Pokemon aesthetically, but I'm not incredibly impressed with its stat distribution. No LO and a lame ability means that I think this will be one of the forgotten Megas. Shame too, because I love Glalie :(

Latis: Their megas have been leaked awhile back, but they were ineligible for Battle Spot play until now.

---

So yeah, blablabla discuss all of the changes OR/AS will bring to Battle Spot!

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I think the reason why past generation pokemon were disallowed is for 2 reasons:

(1) Hacking pokemon pre-gen 6 has been easy for a very long time now. Not to say that hacking gen 6 pokemon is particularly hard, but that's a newer development, and the majority of KB pokemon are legit (no, I don't want to discuss how to hack gen 6 pokemon, so please don't ask).

(2) It allows them to re-balance the meta-game based on what you can collect in the current generation. This means incredibly broken things can be removed, like the gemstones. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll introduce some useful move tutors, but as of right now, the majority of things that become super-powerful with access to previous gen tutor moves will be curtailed.

In summary, I think I'm in favor of the change. It'll bring a fresh perspective to battle spot and teambuilding as we move into the future.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sorta annoyed that the two leagues may split my mons between two games, but making two different metagames between ORAS and XY has some very interesting potential!

I think the big thing this is all going to depend on are two aspects:

1. Move Tutors. I'm guessing that ORAS will likely have these in some form, since its a remake. What move tutors ORAS offers will probably shape quite a bit of the metagame. For example, if ORAS does not have a Hyper Voice tutor, Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon are going to get hit with the nerf stick for sure. Losing Knock Off would change quite a few movesets as well.

2. Sky Island stuff: As far as I know, gamefreak has claimed that with Mega Latias and Mega Latios, ORAS makes "every legendary obtainable". Now if we interpet that literally, that means stuff like Cresselia and Landorus-T are here to stay. However, I noticed that the Pokemon website seems to only list boxart legends at the moment. If they reallly cant get Landorus-T and Cresselia, that is going to lead to some interesting changes for sure. In singles, I'm imagining more Porygon 2, while in doubles and triples, I expect an increase of Garchomp.

Also, I have a question. I've been swamped with college work lately so Im a bit out of the loop (fixing that soon though!), but has it been confirmed how battle spot special will be handled under the league system? Im guesing that they are just gonna have the same theme for both, but ban transfers in ORAS, which could totally shake some stuff up. Currently, next season's battle spot special is the hoen dex in particular, so no transfers + the huge amount of mega evos is going to change a LOT!

Regardless, I think the really cool thing about this is the accessibility factor. ORAS banning transfers makes team building a LOT easier, since honestly having to get previous gen move tutors to be up to snuff for some teams is really irritating. The only thing that really annoys me here is that I might still have to use my X game to play on XY metagames, which I won't lose my interest in. I'm hoping that ORAS has a mode to play in "XY mode" for battle spot and not just local play!

Now Pokemon wise, I only really have thoughts on Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert at the moment.

Mega Sceptile

Like Age of Kings mentioned, that fast grass niche could be cool in singles. Something Ive been thinking about since the mon has been announced though is Lightning Rod. Lightning Rod doesn't sound that great in singles, but it sounds pretty rad in doubles and triples. Mega Sceptile sounds like a total "SCREW OFF" to Rotom-W, and it can probably screw with Rotom-H too as long as those don't start using HP Ice (lets hope Sceptile gets Dragon Pulse in ORAS and doesn't need a tutor lol). Outspeeding Mega Manectric is pretty damn useful too, since those still run Hidden Power Ice in doubles and triples. Just watch out for Kingdra and Ludicolo in rain, since they will be able to hit Mega Sceptile in its weak spots. So in a way, Mega Sceptile may not be as effective vs rain in doubles and triples.

Regardless, I am going to be a total cliche and at least give Mega Sceptile + Gyarados a try in doubles and triples :P.

Mega Swampert

Yeah this thing is totally gonna be sweet for rain teams in every metagame. Its got good bulk, 150 base attack, and JUST enough speed to outspeed some good stuff in the rain. I'm particulary interested in using Mega Swampert in Rotations, since unlike singles, you don't even need to waste a switch in turn, you just need to mega evolve to get the speed boost next turn! Also helps that you could run Protect so that Mega Swampert wont get hit till its swift swim is activated. I imagine that Mega Swampert will be fairly effective in doubles and triples as well. I'm sorta interested in runing wide guard, I remember MythTrainerInfinity trying that on regular Swampert. How did that end up working man? Just one major note: Ludicolo is going to be a total douchbag to Mega Swampert in doubles and triples. I'm almost wondering if I should be crazy and pair Mega Swampert up with Talonflame. Talonflame does have that Earthquake immunity at least!

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Also, I have a question. I've been swamped with college work lately so Im a bit out of the loop (fixing that soon though!), but has it been confirmed how battle spot special will be handled under the league system? Im guesing that they are just gonna have the same theme for both, but ban transfers in ORAS, which could totally shake some stuff up. Currently, next season's battle spot special is the hoen dex in particular, so no transfers + the huge amount of mega evos is going to change a LOT!
According to http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/cool-features/the-pokemon-global-link/pgl-rating-battles, it says "Note: These regulations will be used in both the League and the X/Y League."

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Move tutors are confirmed by Shigeru Ohmori, game designer: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/so-does-pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-include-trainer-customization

Battle Spot Special is confirmed to be split between the leagues, as per the Season 7 rules. The rules will be the same for Season 7 but the rankings will be separate.

I don't necessarily agree with accessibility, at least if you want to use any non-breedable Pokemon, because soft resetting sucks. Hopefully some good redistributables clutter the internet but that didn't happen until months after release for XY iirc. But yeah, if any more not banned legendary Pokemon eventually show up, getting ahold of good ones will be a pain.

I'm happy to see GF's moves to phase out pre-gen 6 for the hacking reasons that EnGarde had mentioned and I'm almost definitely going to be playing in the ORAS league over the XY league. My concern now however is that the BSpot community will split too much both here and online. I understand that it still gives XY players a reason to play BSpot without having to get ORAS, but hopefully my worries about creating two smaller communities are for nothing.

Overall the announcements and discoveries in terms of BSpot are in my opinion positive and I'll definitely look forward to the ORAS league!

Mega glaile remember me the cacodemon of doom3 so...it will be an "Ice cacodemon" XD....the stat distribution infuse a new life on this pokemon after the moody disaster.

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Well I think it's pretty obvious, but now weather teams will be more popular due to some megas getting abilities like Sand Force, Swift Swim, etc.
About the new megas:
Glalie: Mega Glalie is now the most effective user of Explosion. Mega Glalie's Refrigerate now not only grant him STAB on Explosion, but a 30% boost as well, coming off a base 120 attack. It also hits all types now because of Ice. (rip Flygon/Salamence)

Sceptile: Sceptile is fast and hits hard at 145 special attack, but also has a more than useable attack stat for a mixed set. Defense and HP aren't anything special but this is a treatment I definitely enjoy for one of my favorite pokemon.

Swampert: Oml Swampert, 110 defenses with its nice HP, gg world; with its nifty 150 base attack Swampert will definitely break everything on its way, the fact that it got Swift Swim + 70 base speed makes it useable in weather teams (150 base attack + STAB + Rain boost Waterfall gg), probably my favorite mega.

Steelix: Not a fan of mega Steelix, physical attacks will do nothing and it got a special defense boost, but just what Age said, Mega Aggron can do what mega steelix can do, and do it better.

I'm not entirely convinced about the two leagues, I was expecting one where you could use everything
I personally wish there was a "whole enchilada" type of metagame where we can use both transferred Pokemon and the new stuff but I like having more options.
Pretty much this.

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
We plan on promoting and supporting both leagues as a forum, but I see what you're getting at. Less popular metas like Triples and Rotation will be stretched thin splitting the two leagues.

Something I forgot to address in Theorymon 's post; I think Talonflame will be a staple for rain teams considering that it handles many of Mega Swampert's banes. Rotom-W will continue to be a pain to Politoed / Mega Swampert / Talonflame but the three of them go so well together. It wouldn't be a bad idea to sacrifice one of those to remove Mega Swampert's checks because so little can stand it to its sheer power that isn't a bulky Grass type or maybe Gyarados?

btw, MSceptile outruns Scarf Politoed by a good amount, but it'll have to watch out for Kingdra and Talonflame. It wins 1v1 vs Ferrothorn with HP Fire unless it heavily invests in Attack for Gyro Ball. Otherwise, it dismantles many rain teams on its own.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
i don't quite understand why there are two leagues, can someone tell me.
The battle spot for on-cart ORAS will be different than the battle spot for X and Y because they aren't going to do a content patch for X and Y. Thus, 2 meta-games.

EDIT: And because pre-gen 6 pokemon will not be allowed in ORAS.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
The Global Link will be down the week of November 13th to November 21st for extended maintenance, which means no rated Battle Spot the week before release. We can chat about stuff on the forums, use PS! to get some practice in, or get some breeding/EV training done in the meantime. Or you can play the chaos that is unrated; I've tried it and it's not as fun as it seems because I usually find myself playing 8 year olds who use Hyper Beam Deoxys.

Wow. This pentagon rules changes so much.

And depending on what GF considers "legendary" pokemon, this might even be a restricting the dex we have right now similar to how VGC did.
Doubles and Triples without Landog, Cress, and Heatran? LOL Not too bad.

Also, don't hype Swampert for rain teams in dubs too much. Ludicolo is still the better Swift Swim user imo. If anything, Mega Sceptile will be a better asset to rain teams thanks to its typing and ability.

I love that the ORAS league is gen6-born only, this is really how all ranked cartridge play should be if you ask me. Wth the DS wifi shutdown it's inconvenient for most people to create and transfer all of those important past-gen exclusive moves and legendaries, so this puts everyone on a level playing field. It's one of the main reasons I've enjoyed the PGL battle competitions a lot too. Granted, ORAS having tutors and making all legends catchable solves a lot of those problems, but it's still nice to phase out dumb event stuff like Sheer Cold Suicune and Eruption Heatran that are basically impossible to have without hacking. In addition to that it also helps GF standardize what they want to allow in all of their formats rather than just VGC, so that's a good thing.

The playerbase being split is a bit of a bummer though, that's not something that's ever too healthy for a multiplayer game, even though it's pretty necessary here. I have to wonder which league is going to be the most competitive, but I would guess most dedicated battlers will own ORAS and prefer that to the XY metas that will be stale at that point. I am all for this change though and can't wait to see how things turn out.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Global Link will be down the week of November 13th to November 21st for extended maintenance, which means no rated Battle Spot the week before release. We can chat about stuff on the forums, use PS! to get some practice in, or get some breeding/EV training done in the meantime. Or you can play the chaos that is unrated; I've tried it and it's not as fun as it seems because I usually find myself playing 8 year olds who use Hyper Beam Deoxys.
Are we sure that the maintenance will only affect rated battles? Usually when they have maintenance like this you can't even get online for anything. If we do still have online access maybe we could have an organised Battle Spot forum tourney or something..? I know I won't be playing free battles if they're still available lol.

On a related note; I am all for the new ORAS meta and the new eligibility rules. You really do need to be able to RNG your own stuff in BW2 to get most of the best things in the XY meta so this will be a great way to even the playing field. At first I thought the XY meta would fall into obscurity due to the player base moving over, which I believe it will still do, but I think there are enough people out there with all their fancy pre-gen VI tutor moves on-cart that won't want to let sit and gather dust in their PC/Pokebank to come back and keep it going, at least for a while anyway. But I do agree with the hypothesis that GF wants to phase out pre-gen VI 'mons, in the future we may look back at transition of BW -> XY/ORAS in a similar way to GSC -> RSE, our older Pokemon will become useless (except we can actually transfer them up).

I'm interested in whether we'll get a third meta for Z/X2Y2 or if that will be compatible with ORAS...

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, me and Jibaku have been talking about Mega Glalie in #Pokemon since yesterday at random times. While I don't have that much confidence in Mega Glalie... Jibaku pointed out something I totally forgot.. Glalie learns EXPLOSION! As it turns out, Refrigerate Explosion is really REALLY powerful. By powerful, I mean "this can OHKO Max HP Arceus" kind of powerful. Because of this, I feel obligated to AT LEAST give Mega Glalie a shot in Singles and Rotations battle spot (in addition to Ubers lol). Of course, using a mega evolution because "ITS TIME TO EXPLODE" seems rather counterproductive, but hey maybe it'll make a bit more sense in 3vs3 and 4vs4 rotations. Also, if you want to be a crazy betting man, you can use Protect and Moody to hope that you get +2 Atk, and are able to pretty much nuke everything in the game. Its a shame Mega Glalie has such a shallow movepool though, because Refrigerate Explosion is some seriously powerful stuff.

As for Mega Steelix... I have contrived ONE possible use for that thing: using it on a sand rotations team. My reasoning for this is: if I set up sand with say, Hippowdon, then I dont lose a turn in Mega Evolving Steelix and hitting stuff really hard with a and force Gyro Ball. It also helps that Mega Steelix has some really swanky physical defense, so I can probably rotate into stuff like Mega Kangaskhan with little issue. Still though, this strat will have serious problems with Mega Charizard Y (and to a lesser extent, Mega Abomasnow), since I cant just throw a Mega Tyranitar at that thing. Also, rotations does somewhat migitate Mega Steelix's synergy issues with Tyranitar and Hippowdon I guess. Again, not expecting anything super special, but it sounds interesting enough for me to at least give Mega Steelix a shot in rotations.

Feliburn

RU Leader
So, me and Jibaku have been talking about Mega Glalie in #Pokemon since yesterday at random times. While I don't have that much confidence in Mega Glalie... Jibaku pointed out something I totally forgot.. Glalie learns EXPLOSION! As it turns out, Refrigerate Explosion is really REALLY powerful. By powerful, I mean "this can OHKO Max HP Arceus" kind of powerful. Because of this, I feel obligated to AT LEAST give Mega Glalie a shot in Singles and Rotations battle spot (in addition to Ubers lol). Of course, using a mega evolution because "ITS TIME TO EXPLODE" seems rather counterproductive, but hey maybe it'll make a bit more sense in 3vs3 and 4vs4 rotations. Also, if you want to be a crazy betting man, you can use Protect and Moody to hope that you get +2 Atk, and are able to pretty much nuke everything in the game. Its a shame Mega Glalie has such a shallow movepool though, because Refrigerate Explosion is some seriously powerful stuff.

As for Mega Steelix... I have contrived ONE possible use for that thing: using it on a sand rotations team. My reasoning for this is: if I set up sand with say, Hippowdon, then I dont lose a turn in Mega Evolving Steelix and hitting stuff really hard with a and force Gyro Ball. It also helps that Mega Steelix has some really swanky physical defense, so I can probably rotate into stuff like Mega Kangaskhan with little issue. Still though, this strat will have serious problems with Mega Charizard Y (and to a lesser extent, Mega Abomasnow), since I cant just throw a Mega Tyranitar at that thing. Also, rotations does somewhat migitate Mega Steelix's synergy issues with Tyranitar and Hippowdon I guess. Again, not expecting anything super special, but it sounds interesting enough for me to at least give Mega Steelix a shot in rotations.
I kinda pointed out that mega glalie is now (or will be) the best explosion user, also about
using a mega evolution because "ITS TIME TO EXPLODE" seems rather counterproductive
I think it will pretty much work like Destiny Bond Mega Banette/Gengar.

The thing about glalie is that it'll need to be more than just ice kaboom to be viable. You don't want to just waste your mega on one kill.

Glalie is an ice type with poor defenses and it needed a good speed tier to make it work. 100 speed is just not enough with that mediocre bulk. I doubt it will be awful but I don't think it's going to be a major threat and will probably be over looked as a mega choice for the most part.

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
Metagross: With the increased speed, it could serve as a check for certain threats in the metagame, such as kangaskhan and garchomp if it diversifies its movepool to the extent of ice punch and hammer arm, as tough claws might be able to take out these threats in one shot. Another thing that comes to mind is if you will be able to outspeed Gengar, you'd be able to take out quite an annoying Pokemon, and something like this could be a huge turning point in a match where you can't break your opponent. Bulkier Pokemon such as Porygon are also checked by it, also Porygon's real only option for hitting it is the uncommon-ish foul play or some weird hidden power, even more uncommon. As for checks and counters for this thing, choice scarfed Garchomp may be an option, but with its probable defense, it could be a 2HKO. Banded Talonflame flare blitz also comes to mind, but it really just depends on that defense stat. Charizard-Y is also something I thought of, but it's probably going to get out-sped by Mega-Metagross with that intense speed buff.

^All of this is just theorymonning, none of this is confirmed information. These are just my thoughts on how devastating Mega-Metagross could be

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
You forgot Slowbro, but I added it to the OP :P

Anyways holy shit DD Salamence looks like Return of the King. I expect Return to replace Outrage as its primary STAB if not all of its Dragon STAB being replaced. Looks like offensive DD, bulky DD, and some mixed sets in between will be optimal.

Beedrill.....goddammit, I will find a use for this thing. It's a shame that it had to be cursed with pathetic 65/40 Def since physical priority is everywhere. Everything else about it looks like fun, especially Adaptability Pin Missile with 50 BP per hit. I will pray to Arceus that the Drill Run tutor will return so it isn't walled so easily.

Last edited:

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
110 metagross speed tiers gengar, interesting?

also 150 defense means it can probably take an EQ from mence and revenge kill with ice punch

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Anyways holy shit DD Salamence looks like Return of the King. I expect Return to replace Outrage as its primary STAB if not all of its Dragon STAB being replaced. Looks like offensive DD, bulky DD, and some mixed sets in between will be optimal.
A pseudo-legendary that didn't have its speed nerfed. These are the stats mega garchomp wished it had gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)