Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Gardevoir is an amazing Specially Offensive Poke, combined with max Speed and a bit of Special Defense gives it enough to outspeed and take hits from Greninja, Manectric, and other things that may pose a threat to it. Scarf gives it an added bonus, letting it outspeed Mamo, Megamence (not set-up), Manectric, and Mega-Lopunny. With HP Ground, it can take out Heatran and do a good amount to Aegislash.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Magnezone is one of the better Electric types in the Battle Spot meta, if I do say so myself. With HP Fire + Magnet Pull, you can OHKO Ferrothorns, do a good amount of damage to Aegislash, and any other Steel types. Volt Switch & Thunderbolt are there for Electric STAB, just as Flash Cannon is for Steel STAB. Flash Cannon is great for Mamo, Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Slurpuff, and just about any Fairy, Rock, or Ice Type. You can always change the Hidden Power to Fighting, or Grass, depending on whether or not you want to take care of those pesky Gastrodons and Aggrons you might encounter.

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate (Or Flash Fire)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

I will say, I underestimated Arcanine at first, but don't make that mistake yourself. With STAB Banded Flare Blitz, you're almost guaranteed to do 70-80% to any 'Mon. Crunch is there to take care of the ghosts, such as Gengar and Aegislash. While Close Combat can be interchanged for Outrage, I prefer to use Close Combat based off what I've seen on the ladder. It will OHKO a Mega Kangaskhan, Ferrothorn, Mamoswine, and Tyranitar, if you happen to see one. Extreme Speed is there for priority, and to revenge kill.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature

- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball

With Focus Sash, it can take a hit, give one at the same time, and the following turn Destiny Bond. I opted for Sludge Wave just based on power, and Dazzling Gleam is there for coverage, and Shadow Ball for STAB. 252 Speed & Timid nature gives you enough to outspeed pretty much anything in the meta, barred you don't see a Mega-Beedrill lurking. Gengar is also a decent counter for opposing Gardvoirs, and even the odd Megamence.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature

- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Ferrothorn. One of the best counters out there to Mega-Kangaskhan, and many other things. While you can opt for Rocky Helmet over Leftovers, I chose Leftovers to give you more regeneration between turns, and if you have Leech Seed up, even more. Gyro Ball is there for the STAB move, which works well on Gengars, M-Kangs, Megamence, and every fast thing in the meta that isn't Talonflame.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability : Intimidate
EVs : 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
Adamant Nature

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Dragon Claw

Megamence is one of the best sweepers in the Battle Spot meta, with the D-Dance + Return combo, along with great Speed and Attack. Dragon Claw can be swapped for Outrage if you please, but I put Dragon Claw since I despise confusion. Earthquake helps deal damage to Ferros without the recoil of Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet, and deals with most of the fire types.

Last edited:
Format : Singles (Modified UU Team)

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature

- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

One of the better but under used no pun intended scarf users out there, and with maxed-out speed, it can even outspeed a Mega Beedrill (Adamant, not sure about Jolly), Greninja, Scarfvoir, and other speedy threats. Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor are there for STAB, Fire Blast for those pesky Ferrothorns and Scizors, and Flash Cannon for fairies.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Drill Run

It's quite simple with this one. Max Speed and Attack are essential, you can put the 4 leftover EVs in either HP or Defense, I chose to go with Defense to live opposing Drill Runs. Poison Jab & U-Turn are great STAB moves now that it has more speed. Drill Run can take care of Heatrans, Darmanitans, and even the odd Pyroar you might encounter. Protect is there so that you can Mega Evolve without the worry of dying first turn.

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature

- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

A Choice Banded Arcanine with Max Attack is going to hit almost everything like a truck. Flare Blitz is a wonderful STAB move for it, despite the recoil. Crunch is great for taking care of ghosts like Gengar, Aegislash, and even Golurk if you happen to find one. Close Combat can help you take down Mamoswines, Umbreons, and almost any Dark and/or Ice Type. Extreme Speed works well for priority and against sashed users.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature

- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

One of the better bulky Pokemon out there, it can be either a defensive 'Mon or specially defensive, but in this case it works better as a specially defensive wall. Foul Play allows it to typically do 50% to any physical 'Mon, paired with Toxic + Wish gives it the ability to stall out other bulky Pokes. Protect is there to give you a turn to get your Wish back.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature

- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp

Surprisingly, this works amazing as a defensive 'Mon, paired with Umbreon, the two cover their weaknesses (in a sense). Confuse Ray & Will-O-Wisp make for a great stall/troll tactic, and Overheat will take care of the Ferros and others. Volt Switch for STAB Electric and the ability to switch out and deal a decent amount of damage. Max HP & Max Def allow it to live Stone Edges from just about anything.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 128 Atk / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

- Dazzling Gleam
- Explosion
- Psyshock
- Knock Off

While this was a SR set, I swapped that out for Dazzling Gleam. With a Focus Sash, you can use Knock Off or Psyshock/Dazzling Gleam and then Explode the following turn, doing a lot of damage to your opponent, if not OHKOing them. I gave it Max Speed, and split the rest between Attack and Special Attack, with a little more in Special Attack. Knock Off is great for getting rid of Sashes and Leftovers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)