Twitch Battle Spot Twitch Streams & Replay Codes Thread

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Arguably one of my best comebacks after a very surprising first few turns. After seeing Toxic on Mega Meta paired with Toxapex and Sub Chomp, I was able to figure out my opponent's play style and correctly assessed that his game plan was to toxic stall my team. Using that information, I was able to correctly predict my opponent's plays and punished every switch he made.

Both of us were right around 1800
CWRW-WWWW-WWW7-978P

P.S. Don't anger the duck

chemcoop

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Josh (1944) vs. Japanese Player (1937)

The game begins with an early scout for a Z-move that ended up turning into a dangerous situation as I found mono-EQ Hippowdon facing down a Nasty Plot Thundy-T. After a couple good outplays, I get the Thundy to sleep with minimal damage when, to my dismay, I find myself playing the only Lum Thundy-T in all of BattleSpot. With an impending Thundy sweep looming, I manage to make a ridiculous set of back-to-back-to-back predicts to put Thundy back to bed for good. After that, a pretty textbook game ensues.

4WMG-WWWW-WWW7-QZ8C

Hippo to the rescue!

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know this thread hasn't seen a post in eons, but I gotta post this replay here because it was really nervewracking!

C6HW-WWWW-WWWS-HG3Y

All I'm gonna say is: it involves one of my arch nemesis, Glalie!

EDIT: As a bonus, here's a very close, haxy match between me and a Japanese player. Iet's just say sometimes some forms of hax's effects on a game may not be immeditly clear!

6DYW-WWWW-WWWS-HHM7

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got a double special one for ya folks!

First one is by far the LONGEST batlte I've ever done, featuring a Haunter and Toxapex timer stalling each other from last season's Special!

XFQW-WWWW-WWWV-D54S

This one is from Special 13. This dude whooped my ass in the first battle (wish I had cleared up replay room for it), but in this battle, things were a bit more interesting! Featuring Zeraora on my side, and Mew on the other side!

MQ5G-WWWW-WWWV-D54A

can someone please tell me how the excadrill was able to move before my tapu lele? is the move iron head more priority than moonblast?
my Replay code: 9LYW-WWWW-WWXW-W63C

can someone please tell me how the excadrill was able to move before my tapu lele? is the move iron head more priority than moonblast?
Can't look at it now but I'd assume it's scarf or maybe sand rush was active. Maybe the evs and iv s.

sand rush.png

Sure looks an awful lot like Sand Rush to me.

Might as well post some of my more recent ordeals:

If you've ever wondered how many throws can be fit into a single game, here's 93 turn clown fiesta from the low 1800s of last season that comes down to whether a paralyzed Ferrothorn with less than 10 HP can get its move off:

ZGSG-WWWW-WWWU-QW6A

...and a fresh 86 turn Heatran versus Glalie Sheer Cold showdown:

944W-WWWW-WWWV-NKA2

Yikes.

View attachment 146760

Sure looks an awful lot like Sand Rush to me.

Might as well post some of my more recent ordeals:

If you've ever wondered how many throws can be fit into a single game, here's 93 turn clown fiesta from the low 1800s of last season that comes down to whether a paralyzed Ferrothorn with less than 10 HP can get its move off:

ZGSG-WWWW-WWWU-QW6A

...and a fresh 86 turn Heatran versus Glalie Sheer Cold showdown:

944W-WWWW-WWWV-NKA2

Yikes.
Sheeesh that's crazy. Battlespots is ridiculous

MRGG-WWWW-WWXW-2828
What did i do wrong and what mons should have i picked?Starmie recked my milotic w thunder and my mence w ice beam
Also i used the same mons against a team with a porygon 2 and it used trick room and i got destroyed,
it had ice beam to take out my Mence and it took out my snorlax.
Battlespots doubles suck cuz u can only pick 4 mons and i couldve picked kartana to counter pory2
my Team i used in video https://pokepast.es/25a3080885b0e780 (I Think i had Weavile)
and snorlax i used for video Snorlax (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 68 HP / 196 Atk / 244 Def
Brave Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Belly Drum
- Recycle

im thinking about using this trick room counter mon set:
Oranguru (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 20 SpA / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Instruct
- Protect

just a Explanation of my team i linked @https://pokepast.es/25a3080885b0e780

mence is for taking out fire types like Incineroar,Dragon types,etc

tapu koko is for outspeeding water types/tapufini/greninjas/Metagross

Milotic is for Landorus Ts,Zapdos,Flying types and dragons

Nagan is for fairies,dragons.

Kartana is for annoying trick room setters like pory2,normal types,Water types,any mons w steel weaknesses

weavile is for dragons and fake out Flinch threats to my other mons.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Your team you linked isn't even legal in Battle Spot Doubles because of Item Clause, which you are breaking because of 2 Focus Sash. More people would be happy to help out if you're willing to look up basic info about what each Pokemon do on Smogdex / Bulbapedia / Serebii and actually play at least a game or two with your team before asking for advice.

It's hard to say you would have won vs Porygon2 even if you picked Kartana. Just because you can hit something super effectively, doesn't mean that you are effectively countering it. If the game were about just super effectiveness then Eelektross would be amazing. But it isn't because it isn't. And this unreasonable obsession with super effectiveness is something that a lot of beginner players have, but it isn't going to be winning the game for you. Your team has no bulk, no speed control, and a single Fake Out + Trick Room turn is all it takes for your team to take a hard loss to Trick Room. No wonder your opponent picked his Trick Room Porygon2.

Some general advice is that you should always have a way to account for your opponent's speed control - either by having something with Substitute, using Pokemon that can live with going second (like Incineroar, Amoonguss, Tapu Fini, Snorlax, Kangaskhan etc.), bulky Fake Out (Incineroar, again), speed control of your own, or at least with moves like Taunt or the ability to nuke out bulky TR setters with super effective moves. Your team accomplishes none of the above yet Milotic is the only Pokemon doesn't immediately fold to a strong attack. Too bad Milotic poses no direct threat to your opponent's team whatsoever because it's so weak. So, all your opponent needs is a decent Trick Room attacker next to a Milotic check to ruin your team.

You definitely want a Z move and a Mega on your team. I recommend using Salamence as your Mega. Z moves aren't necessary but you sure are gimping yourself if you are trying to build offense without a Z move. Something like a bulky Sub Kartana with Z move is a pretty good Pokemon that you should try out.

Your team you linked isn't even legal in Battle Spot Doubles because of Item Clause, which you are breaking because of 2 Focus Sash. More people would be happy to help out if you're willing to look up basic info about what each Pokemon do on Smogdex / Bulbapedia / Serebii and actually play at least a game or two with your team before asking for advice.

It's hard to say you would have won vs Porygon2 even if you picked Kartana. Just because you can hit something super effectively, doesn't mean that you are effectively countering it. If the game were about just super effectiveness then Eelektross would be amazing. But it isn't because it isn't. And this unreasonable obsession with super effectiveness is something that a lot of beginner players have, but it isn't going to be winning the game for you. Your team has no bulk, no speed control, and a single Fake Out + Trick Room turn is all it takes for your team to take a hard loss to Trick Room. No wonder your opponent picked his Trick Room Porygon2.

Some general advice is that you should always have a way to account for your opponent's speed control - either by having something with Substitute, using Pokemon that can live with going second (like Incineroar, Amoonguss, Tapu Fini, Snorlax, Kangaskhan etc.), bulky Fake Out (Incineroar, again), speed control of your own, or at least with moves like Taunt or the ability to nuke out bulky TR setters with super effective moves. Your team accomplishes none of the above yet Milotic is the only Pokemon doesn't immediately fold to a strong attack. Too bad Milotic poses no direct threat to your opponent's team whatsoever because it's so weak. So, all your opponent needs is a decent Trick Room attacker next to a Milotic check to ruin your team.

You definitely want a Z move and a Mega on your team. I recommend using Salamence as your Mega. Z moves aren't necessary but you sure are gimping yourself if you are trying to build offense without a Z move. Something like a bulky Sub Kartana with Z move is a pretty good Pokemon that you should try out.
my bad i forgot to mention that snorlax was in my team instead of nagandel so the two focus sash items issue can be disregarded. I agree i am new to the comp scene and i usually just watch vgc events and im still learning. i also never tried to say game is based off super effectiveness, all i said was pory2 couldve been countered with kartana cuz its faster and has Type coverage against it. sorry for my late reply i been busy

chemcoop

Community Leader
i also never tried to say game is based off super effectiveness, all i said was pory2 couldve been countered with kartana cuz its faster and has Type coverage against it. sorry for my late reply i been busy
But that's exactly what you're saying. If you look at the damage calc for Kart Sacred Sword against P2, it's pretty dismal without a LO or Fightinium Z: 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 68-82 (35.6 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. Meanwhile, P2 can easily 2HKO Kart with Ice Beam: 0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 84-99 (62.2 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. Looks like the P2 "counter" just lost to P2 1v1.

Also this isn't really the appropriate thread for teambuilding help. Try posting here if you have questions. The thread is pretty dead because not many people here play doubles regularly, but we do have enough active users that can help if the thread gets bumped.

I'm gonna dump a bunch of replays!

These are some of my favorite Battle Spot Singles bouts! I don’t have much to say about them but I hope they entertain.

B5GW-WWWW-WWWV-ZRGF

DZ8W-WWWW-WWX2-65Y6

BRBG-WWWW-WWX2-65HG

WJ7G-WWWW-WWX2-65JA

And here are some double battles!

PULG-WWWW-WWX2-65HQ
This is from the VGC 2019 International last December. It’s the only time I’ve seen anyone try to use a Lumineon, competitively or otherwise.

PMQG-WWWW-WWX2-65YZ
And here’s a strange old battle from 2017's Johto x Alola Online Competition, featuring Dewgong and Eviolite Jigglypuff, of all things.

DRZW-WWWW-WWWK-RLBP
This is another one from a while back. I was trying to give Goodra a shot in Battle Spot Doubles at the time. I don’t use it much anymore, but I do think it’s underrated.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
J39W-WWWW-WWX6-C6H6 How tf did the garchomp outspeed my mega zam? it just used stomping tantrum too.
Tailwind boosts the Speed of their Pokemon by x2. After the boost Garchomp will obviously outspeed Alakazam without any boosts from items like Choice Scarf.

Please, try to look up what moves do before throwing your hands up and saying it doesn't make any sense. Basic game info can be found on information sites, like Serebii, Bulbapedia, or even on Smogon's own pokedex.

Tailwind boosts the Speed of their Pokemon by x2. After the boost Garchomp will obviously outspeed Alakazam without any boosts from items like Choice Scarf.

Please, try to look up what moves do before throwing your hands up and saying it doesn't make any sense. Basic game info can be found on information sites, like Serebii, Bulbapedia, or even on Smogon's own pokedex.
ok ty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)