Resource Battle Stadium Singles Regulation F Dex Updates And Suggestions

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yep its about time we do this, several mons need some pretty hefty updates but don't need a total rewrite! If you got your own suggestions, post them here, and I and other folks will also post any changes to the dex here!

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
there are some issues with the dex, the main ones being that there aren't really any way for new writers (like myself) to actually choose a set from the pokemon listed on the reservation post. my proposal would be to implement some bss sets onto high-top priority pokemon for new writers to understand at least what the set is (also when all of the high-top pokemon have been reserved, the medium / low should probably be implemented as well)

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
there are some issues with the dex, the main ones being that there aren't really any way for new writers (like myself) to actually choose a set from the pokemon listed on the reservation post. my proposal would be to implement some bss sets onto high-top priority pokemon for new writers to understand at least what the set is (also when all of the high-top pokemon have been reserved, the medium / low should probably be implemented as well)
If you’re in the BSS Discord Server pretty much all of the QC team is there and will be happy to help you if you need something. We have a dedicated channel for questions relating to analyses. I’d recommend joining there if you want quick responses to any questions or concerns you may have

I think water on scream tail should be suggested as an option, probably regardless of set, for gouging fire and walking wake. #2 Tera on it fwiw. I don't think much of normal Tera, the main.

I know it's an uncommon Mon but this seems ok to suggest.

Edit: walking wake isn't too huge, but sun in general.

Last edited:
Did a pretty big update on our resident Unburden sweeper:

:Sneasler: (Reg F Update):
  • Updated move slashes and move bullet ordering to reflect recent usage.
  • Added Psychic Seed : It is now the most preferred item. Also added a bullet for it in the "Items" section.
  • Added Substitute to "Other Options" : It is showing up now as a top 10 move (~17% usage as of writing) and has at least one top 100 report using it.
  • Added to descriptions for Tera Flying and Tera Ghost : Both have interactions with Psychic Terrain that are important to note.
  • EV Spreads :
    • Added a new Reg F EV Spread and listed it as the main spread in the summary. It can be seen in reports here and here.
    • Added a bullet explaining Psychic Seed calcs.
    • Removed an EV spread and modified descriptions of remaining : I went back and forth about what to do with these; ultimately, I chose to keep most of them and reworded them a bit so as to avoid excessive redundancy between descriptions. I decided to remove the last spread (92 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD/ 156 Spe with Adamant) because its the most specific but its about benchmarks that aren't nearly as important in this reg. I kept the other two since they work as general offensive spreads. Not married to those last couple of changes though, so feel free to speak up if you think it should be added back.
Edit : Realized it was also missing a Tera Dependency bullet, so I went back and added that.

Last edited:
Gholdengo barely ever runs Tera blast, now or S14. I didn't look further back, but I think as the first two sets strongly suggest it, it should be changed to an OO mention at best.

With stall making something of a comeback this regulation, this an update that is a bit overdue.

:skeledirge: Skeledirge (Reg F Update)
  • Earth Power
    • Moved it up in the move slashes.
    • Rewrote move bullet to reflect current trends. Also noted that this is the preferred option for stall variants.
  • Items
    • Added Ability Shield as an option to the summary and wrote a bullet for it. This is key to switching into SD Ogerpon-H and maintaining momentum.
    • Removed Covert Cloak from the summary, but kept the bullet. Rewrote it to reflect current trends.
    • Removed Safety Goggles.
  • Tera Types
    • Switched Tera Water and Tera Normal order to reflect recent usage.
    • Updated Tera Water matchup references.
    • Removed Tera Fire.
    • Added Tera Dragon as an option and wrote a bullet for it.
  • Removed Alternate EV Spread. Multiple matchups referenced are not relevant anymore. I punched in Adamant Urshifu-R to see if that would be applicable but it has a decent chance of 2HKOing Tera Fairy with Surging Strikes, let alone if it uses Tera Water. If someone else wants to update the spread and add it back, let us know!
  • Added "outdated" tag for other sets. I'm not entirely sure this is the best way to go about it but... I'm not sure how "updatable" those sets are with current trends. Feel free to let me know if I should be going about that a different way.

Logging a quick update:

:garchomp: Garchomp
  • Added Substitute into summary and as a move bullet. Every Loaded Dice Garchomp reported for season 13 and 14 uses STABS + SD + Sub. It seems the main motivation for this is to counteract surprise Terastallizations since Dragon- and Ground-type attacks are some of the most commonly teched for types. Its general usage is far below Iron Head but it shares sub-20% usage with Tera Blast, so I prioritized it in between the two.

Some more stall updates:

:avalugg: Avalugg (Reg F Update)
  • Tera Types
    • Updated Tera Fighting for better clarity of purpose.
    • Added Tera Fairy bullet.
    • Removed Tera Poison.
:blissey: Blissey (Reg F Update)
  • Moves
    • Added Flamethrower and Alluring Voice as the new standard attacking options. Alluring Voice may not be supported by general usage but it is something that has started catching on at top ladder.
    • Made Shadow Ball an "Other Options" mention. Despite maintaining decent usage, its barely used (if at all) at higher levels because you lose the ability to reliably check Ursaluna-B.
    • Changed main Fling bullet to reference Poison Barb. Moved Flame Orb into "Other Options" alongside Toxic Orb.
    • Removed Tera Blast. This is no longer supported by general usage or report data.
  • Items
    • Designated Poison Barb as the most preferred item and added an "Items" bullet.
    • Removed Flame Orb from the summary since it is now an "Other Options" mention.
    • Updated Covert Cloak bullet. Blocking secondary effects from Psychic Noise and Luster Purge are big selling points, especially now that Blissey is favoring Tera Types other than Dark.
  • Tera Types
    • Added Tera Steel bullet and designated it as the most prominent Tera Type. Note that this is a recent S15 trend, so it isn't referenced as much by current report data.
    • Updated Tera Dark bullet to align with Reg F trends.
    • Changed Tera Fire to Tera Water. Tera Water has overtaken it has the go-to for stopping Chi-Yu.
    • Removed Tera Flying.
  • Updated EV Spread matchup.
Guess that means I should do Dondozo next!

And here's the big floppa:

:dondozo: Dondozo (Reg F Update)
  • Moves
    • Prioritized Avalanche as the main attacking option. This is consistent with usage stats, and I assume this is to prevent a stalemate with defensive Dragonites by forcing them to Terastallize.
    • Modified Avalanche and Wave Crash to be a "versus" bullet.
  • Tera Types
    • Prioritized Tera Fairy in front of Tera Grass.
    • Added a warning to Tera Grass to align with the trend of powerful Fire-types in Reg F.
    • Miscellaneous polish to better reflect Reg F trends.
  • Removed references to Baxcalibur, including the removal of the spread built specifically for Tera Electric Baxcalibur. Most Dondozo just go full into physical defense, and Baxcalibur has not been a very relevant threat for awhile now.
  • Updated EV Spread matchups to more relevant Reg F ones.
  • Added "Outdated" tag for the Assault Vest and Curse sets.
And that's it for stall... well, unless Chansey ends up pushing its way into rankings!

Logging more updates:

:hippowdon: Hippowdon (Reg F Update) :
  • Switched Tera Steel and Tera Water prioritization to reflect usage.
  • Updated matchup references to relevant Reg F ones.
:cresselia: Cresselia (Reg F Update) :

These changes concern the Calm Mind set.
  • Prioritized Ice Beam over Thunderbolt in the move slashes/bullets. This is supported both by general usage and report data.
  • Added missing "Tera Dependency" bullet.
  • Added Tera Steel to Tera Types.
  • Updated matchup references to relevant Reg F ones.
:iron-hands: Iron Hands (Reg F Update):
  • "Assault Vest" set has been converted to a general "Bulky Offense" set. The parallels between the two are numerous, with the main difference being EV spreads.
    • Added Sitrus Berry as an item option.
    • Prioritized Ice Punch over Earthquake in the move slashes/bullets. This is supported both by general usage and report data.
    • Tera Types
      • Modified Tera Dependency bullet to refer to both physical and special defense sets.
      • Removed Ground, Grass, Electric and Fighting as Tera Types.
      • Switched Tera Flying and Tera Fairy prioritization to reflect usage.
    • EV Spreads
      • Added bullet about Speed investment. Some high-level spreads use investment to outrun Ursaluna-B, while others go with a negative Speed nature for Volt Switch.
      • Added and modified current spreads to reflect Reg F trends.
    • Updated matchup reference to relevant Reg F ones.
  • Marked "Bulky Substitute" set as outdated.

And here's the big floppa:

:dondozo: Dondozo (Reg F Update)
  • Moves
    • Prioritized Avalanche as the main attacking option. This is consistent with usage stats, and I assume this is to prevent a stalemate with defensive Dragonites by forcing them to Terastallize.
    • Modified Avalanche and Wave Crash to be a "versus" bullet.
  • Tera Types
    • Prioritized Tera Fairy in front of Tera Grass.
    • Added a warning to Tera Grass to align with the trend of powerful Fire-types in Reg F.
    • Miscellaneous polish to better reflect Reg F trends.
  • Removed references to Baxcalibur, including the removal of the spread built specifically for Tera Electric Baxcalibur. Most Dondozo just go full into physical defense, and Baxcalibur has not been a very relevant threat for awhile now.
  • Updated EV Spread matchups to more relevant Reg F ones.
  • Added "Outdated" tag for the Assault Vest and Curse sets.
And that's it for stall... well, unless Chansey ends up pushing its way into rankings!
Does outdated mean those are bad sets now? I run curse Dozo, I made an EV spread that better takes Ghost tera max BP Adaptbility Last Respects into a 2nd one after curse. Then in theory you rest up and wake w/ chesto, then you can kill it. 252 HP(not sure this is best, but it's eay to max...)/ 4 Atk(just leftover)/ 108 Def/ 148 SpD. Impish, not careful. Basc is dangerous, taking it down w/o a natural resist is pretty cool. It's noteworthy this isn't foolproof(maybe w/ more like max def,) and won't stop cb or LO. If these sets are no longer worth updating because they are considered outdated, then never mind, though I would be curious why.

Does outdated mean those are bad sets now? I run curse Dozo, I made an EV spread that better takes Ghost tera max BP Adaptbility Last Respects into a 2nd one after curse. Then in theory you rest up and wake w/ chesto, then you can kill it. 252 HP(not sure this is best, but it's eay to max...)/ 4 Atk(just leftover)/ 108 Def/ 148 SpD. Impish, not careful. Basc is dangerous, taking it down w/o a natural resist is pretty cool. It's noteworthy this isn't foolproof(maybe w/ more like max def,) and won't stop cb or LO. If these sets are no longer worth updating because they are considered outdated, then never mind, though I would be curious why.
It just means the set has fallen off in relevance: it isn't as meta-defining as it used to be but it still might be useful depending on what you need it for. We mark it as "outdated" because its matchup/stat distributions aren't as applicable to the current meta--which complicates trying to update it in the first place--but also because we want to keep it around just in case people do find it useful for those fringe cases.

I am using AV Annihilape. 220 HP/ 124+ Atk/ 164 SpD. I'm sure there are better EV spreads, the listed tech for Max Ogerpons is nice for instance, after rock tomb. But this gives a good roll for 2 Flutter Mane Moonblasts, w/o specs or tera or anything, to be survived. The Atk is for sure for something, but before I dig into what, and where it can be better, I'd like to see the response to expanding on this set, since it has little atm. I also feel Final Gambit should just be a slash in, not 100% recommended, though what I'd slash it with might be weird so I'll refrain from that atm.

Edit: re the above, my attitude to as alomomola vs dozo did an about face a bit before mola became good. So I looked and impish dozo is the way to go, careful is not common atm.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)