Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge for a 4v4 Doubles!
2 day DQ trainer 3 day DQ ref
1 recover/5 chills
Arena: This weird 3d dot room

Im going to say its like the danger room from Marvel Vs Capcom, generic and with no move restrictions
If you can think of some cool rule for the room then its allowed, just no favoring of one type of pokemon.
I'll take you on FALCON PAWNCH!
Switch=derp
all abilities
no items

E:gotta wait for some approvals first hope thats ok

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Terrador to a 1v1 Singles, we've agreed on Heracross vs. Zubat.
Arena: Cold storage battle arena: To increase the happiness of the workers at the cold storage, the owner decided add an arena to the large facility, hoping this would satisfy them. Because the workers are in freezing climates day in and day out the arena was made not only for battling but relaxing. The temperature is seventy degrees in the arena and warm air is constantly circulated throughout the facility. In shape it is like a baseball stadium, only the bleachers extend all around the borders. The area where pokemon battle itself is sixty feet long and wide, and the floor is heated tile (Dig will not work here). The arena is bare, leaving plenty of room for pokemon to brawl. There are also steam jets installed in the floor, and during the battles they erupt with a hot water vapor randomly (there are twenty of these located in the arena). There is a glass dome above and there is room for aerial activity, but weather moves will not work here (sandstorm, hail, etc). At the time of this battle Driftveil is experiencing overcast, so no sun is showing and the arena lights are on to provide light. Summary: No dig/earthquake, no weather, no large water source (But steam will be emitted, leaving puddles and such eventually). Flying is capable, and the glass dome cannot be shattered. At the time of battle it is 100% cloudy and lights are on inside.

Credit to Glacier for the arena.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'm using weak mons, can you use weak mons too?

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
3 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Tournament Arena

Requesting another new battle!

2v2 Doubles
1 Recover/3 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Return to the Mega Tree

Giant tree with incredibly thick branches and a trunk that can easily hide small Pokemon. Pokemon must be unevolved (Warning to whoever accepts: I will be using one evolved guy, Kakuna, but really, it's WORSE than Weedle stat-wise. Feel free to use cocoons, too.), and if a Pokemon is knocked out of the tree, they will take 10 damage and have to spend an action climbing back up the tree. A Pokemon climbing back up cannot be attacked or targeted by effects while they haul themselves back up.
sounds like fun, ill accept this! Would it be alright if I used a Kirlia instead of Ralts? its setting up to be a gallade so its not a whole lot better off than your Kakuna lol. If thats a problem tho I do have an alternate i can switch in.

switch = meow?
no items
1 Ability
Kirlia will be fine, I suppose. I forgot DQ time, 2 days should be plenty I assume (kinda standard for small matches like this, too).

Ref when someone gets a chance, no rush.
still looking for a ref for this plz

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesting another new battle!

2v2 Doubles
1 Recover/3 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Return to the Mega Tree

Giant tree with incredibly thick branches and a trunk that can easily hide small Pokemon. Pokemon must be unevolved (Warning to whoever accepts: I will be using one evolved guy, Kakuna, but really, it's WORSE than Weedle stat-wise. Feel free to use cocoons, too.), and if a Pokemon is knocked out of the tree, they will take 10 damage and have to spend an action climbing back up the tree. A Pokemon climbing back up cannot be attacked or targeted by effects while they haul themselves back up.
sounds like fun, ill accept this! Would it be alright if I used a Kirlia instead of Ralts? its setting up to be a gallade so its not a whole lot better off than your Kakuna lol. If thats a problem tho I do have an alternate i can switch in.

switch = meow?
no items
1 Ability
Kirlia will be fine, I suppose. I forgot DQ time, 2 days should be plenty I assume (kinda standard for small matches like this, too).

Ref when someone gets a chance, no rush.
K, I'll ref. PM teams!

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i'm using weak mons, can you use weak mons too?

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
3 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Tournament Arena
i only have weak mons 9.9

accepting after gk approves my stuff in prize claim

items: none
switch: i get all of gk's mons
abilities: all

Putting out a 3v3 Doubles challenge!
1 Day DQ (36 hrs for refs)
No recoveries or chills
Arena: Protagonist's Room (BW)
That's right, the player's room, which already got thrashed once by Bianca. It's got about 20x15 ft of available space. No water, sunlight, or plants are available; digging and seismic activity are prohibited. All Flying Pokemon are brought down to Levitating range by the low ceiling, which means that Mud Bomb, etc. can hit Flying-types.

Ok, now that two of my slots have cleared up, let's fill them.

Battle 1: Open Challenge
Beginner Battle
1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
Challenger chooses the Arena

Battle 2: Challenge towards user undisputed
2v2 Singles
3 Day DQ (can be extended if needed)
For the Arena, I'll borrow one from Korski
ARENA: Old Bomb Factory
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No water source.

Description:

A dilapidated, old factory that used to make bombs for some war. No one ended up using the bombs, so they were instead piled floor-to-ceiling and left to rot. They are very old, fragile, and most importantly, active. Unfortunately, our competitors will be battling in a small, cleared-out area of the factory surrounded by these bombs. Any missed physical attacks have a 75% chance of striking a bomb, causing it to explode and doing 10 damage to the attacker. Any missed special attacks have a 75% chance to explode 2-5 bombs behind the opposing team for 2 damage apiece on both opposing Pokemon. Any missed status moves have a 50% chance of defusing all the bombs behind the opponent's team for the rest of the battle. Any multi-target moves like Rock Slide, Earthquake, and Blizzard have a 33% chance of setting off all the bombs in the Factory, doing 30 damage to all Pokemon on the field, even Flying/Levitating Pokemon (in the case of Earthquake).

Other than that, the roof has mostly collapsed over the years, so sky-based attacks like Moonlight, Thunderbolt, and Sky Drop can still be used to their full potential. There is no nearby water source, though, so Surf is not an option. The four walls of the factory are far away, meaning the only horizontal impediments will be the walls of bombs surrounding the battlefield. Don't sprint or get thrown too fast in any direction, or you may hit a bomb (ref's discretion)!

Beginner Battle
1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ

2v2 Singles

Description:

A dilapidated, old factory that used to make bombs for some war. No one ended up using the bombs, so they were instead piled floor-to-ceiling and left to rot. They are very old, fragile, and most importantly, active. Unfortunately, our competitors will be battling in a small, cleared-out area of the factory surrounded by these bombs. Any missed physical attacks have a 75% chance of striking a bomb, causing it to explode and doing 10 damage to the attacker. Any missed special attacks have a 75% chance to explode 2-5 bombs behind the opposing team for 2 damage apiece on both opposing Pokemon. Any missed status moves have a 50% chance of defusing all the bombs behind the opponent's team for the rest of the battle. Any multi-target moves like Rock Slide, Earthquake, and Blizzard have a 33% chance of setting off all the bombs in the Factory, doing 30 damage to all Pokemon on the field, even Flying/Levitating Pokemon (in the case of Earthquake).

Other than that, the roof has mostly collapsed over the years, so sky-based attacks like Moonlight, Thunderbolt, and Sky Drop can still be used to their full potential. There is no nearby water source, though, so Surf is not an option. The four walls of the factory are far away, meaning the only horizontal impediments will be the walls of bombs surrounding the battlefield. Don't sprint or get thrown too fast in any direction, or you may hit a bomb (ref's discretion)!
ACCEPTING THIS LETS GO

let me update my profile thing since I got a little lazy lol

edit:
switch = KO
One Ability
Items Disabled

That was quick, now we just need a referee

Edit, by the way, you need to:
Choose the switch method (Switch = OK or Switch = KO)
Choose the ability method (No Abilities, One Ability, All Abilities)
Choose the item method (Items Disabled, Items Enabled)

Beginner Battle
1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
[/HIDE]
ACCEPTING!!
One Ability
Items = OK
Arena: Dojo of Puddles
Field Type- Water/Fighting
Complexity- Moderate
Format- Singles, Doubles
Restrictions- No seismic activity, No digging, No weather, Low ceiling, Artificial arena

Dojo of the Puddles: to train his apprentices further, the grandmaster decided to have this special Dojo built, in hopes of teaching his students the ability to stand your ground (literally). In the heart of the new building lies the Arena of the Puddles, and although it sounds self-explanatory, there’s more to it. The battling area is two hundred feet wide and long and is square shaped, with the ceiling twenty feet above. The floor is pale brown tile, and the walls are wooden. To make the area fir its name the floor has a five inch layer of water covering it, making the whole arena a huge puddle. Also to add to the strain and to make the battlers concentrate the Grandmaster added water sprayers to add more water and soak the pokemon as the match goes on. The water level will never exceed one foot though. Summary: No earthquake or dig, no weather moves. Flying will not work very well because the ceiling only goes up twenty feet. There is water on the ground at all times, so water attacks gain 2BP and fire attack lose 2BP. Also since this is a dojo fighting pokemon feel at home and their attack gain 2BP as well. Water will be spraying at all times, though the water level will never exceed one foot.​
Referee, Please!
EDIT: To prevent agitation, the music will be Oracion, meaning moves involving rage (excluding attacks, meaning Taunt, Torment, stuff like that) will be instantly soothed (cured) (it is thee "song with the power", after all...).

Challenging Engineer_Pikachu to a 1v1 Singles match!
1 Day DQ
0 Recovers/Chills
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Bring it.
ACCEPTING!!
One Ability
Items = OK
Arena: Dojo of Puddles
Field Type- Water/Fighting
Complexity- Moderate
Format- Singles, Doubles
Restrictions- No seismic activity, No digging, No weather, Low ceiling, Artificial arena

Dojo of the Puddles: to train his apprentices further, the grandmaster decided to have this special Dojo built, in hopes of teaching his students the ability to stand your ground (literally). In the heart of the new building lies the Arena of the Puddles, and although it sounds self-explanatory, there’s more to it. The battling area is two hundred feet wide and long and is square shaped, with the ceiling twenty feet above. The floor is pale brown tile, and the walls are wooden. To make the area fir its name the floor has a five inch layer of water covering it, making the whole arena a huge puddle. Also to add to the strain and to make the battlers concentrate the Grandmaster added water sprayers to add more water and soak the pokemon as the match goes on. The water level will never exceed one foot though. Summary: No earthquake or dig, no weather moves. Flying will not work very well because the ceiling only goes up twenty feet. There is water on the ground at all times, so water attacks gain 2BP and fire attack lose 2BP. Also since this is a dojo fighting pokemon feel at home and their attack gain 2BP as well. Water will be spraying at all times, though the water level will never exceed one foot.​
Referee, Please!
EDIT: To prevent agitation, the music will be Oracion, meaning moves involving rage (excluding attacks, meaning Taunt, Torment, stuff like that) will be instantly soothed (cured) (it is thee "song with the power", after all...).
I'll be reffing this one, so send in teams please.

^
Are you reffing both Engineer vs Terrador and Maxim vs. Lyris, or just the former
In either case, I'll need my new stuff to be approved before I'll send teams.

Beginner Battle
2v2 Singles
1 Day DQ

My first battle, no hardouts.
I've got some baby mons to train, so why not.

One ability, no items, no switch.

Arena: Viridian Forest

Thats right, it's that dim dark forest your first stumbled your way through playing Red and Blue as a kid. The field itself is about 20 feet square and otherwise surrounded by dense forest. Should a poke be pushed into the woods or a move fire into it then one of the wild inhabitants will attack the mon that unwittingly disturbed it. The inhabitants, their attacks, and chances of appearance are:

Caterpie (30%): String Shot
Weedle (30%): Poison Sting (Rank 2 Atk)
Pidgey (20%): Gust (Rank 2 SpA)
Pikachu (15%): Thundershock (Rank 2 SpA)
Pigeotto (5%): Featherdance

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat undisputed
Originally Posted by Fat Maxim

2v2 Singles

Description:

ACCEPTING THIS LETS GO

let me update my profile thing since I got a little lazy lol

edit:
switch = KO
One Ability
Items Disabled
I'm familiar with this arena, so I'll ref. PMs, three Poke apiece, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)