Battle Tower Team

So I always enjoyed the Battle Tower but I never put true thought into it, I would always just put three sweepers together so I realized that three sweppers wouldn't cut it. After looking at some Battle Tower Team building guides I noticed that the Lead is extremly important for your sweepers to set up effectivly, and that synergy like any competitive teamis a must. So after knowing this I made this team, so tell me what you think about it.​

Paranormal (Mismagius)@Choice Scarf
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 252Hp/252Def/4SpD
Moves
Trick
Thunderwave
Flash
Memento​

So after reading about leads I noticed how effective a Trick lead can be. It can easily help your sweeper setup as long as the sweeper takes the hit. Its pretty simple to use this lead, first you trick the choice scarf,then you Torment them, then you T-Wave them, then switch to your sweeper that can setup on struggle. Ev's are for max bulk because Mismagius doesnt have good Def. I gave it a Bold nature and maxed out Hp and Def. Another thing I like about Mismagius in particular is it has Levitate and is a Ghost type, which means Sheer Cold is the only OHKO move that can hit it.​

Terorcross (Heracross)@Wide Lens
Nature: Jolly
Ev's: 252Atk/252Spe/4Def
Moves
Swords Dance
Megahorn
Close Combat
Substitute​

Heracross is a great sweeper to have because he takes the SE hits on Mismagius and can setup on the opponent with ease. I am having trouble on which item to have for him and whether I should use Substitute or not, I may just try them out to see which works best. After a Swords Dance Heracross just becomes a true terror for the AI and can sweep very well with his acceptable speed and defenses. He also has great synergy with Mismagius and as you'll soon see my final member, Houndoom.​

Cadejo (Houndoom)@Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252SpA/252Spe/4SpD
Moves
Substitute
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower​

My final member on the team is Houndoom. He can take hits that would be SE on Mismagius and Heracross, and especially Fire type moves that are targeted towards Heracross. If he switches in when the opponent is stuck on a not very effective move I set up a sub. and then Nasty Plot then proceed to sweep the enemy team. Ev's are pretty simple though, I am unsure on Fire Blast or Heat Wave, I am leaning towards Fire Blast but tell me what you think.​

Well thats my Battle Tower team I can't wait to try it out. Please give me some comments on the team and help me out with the items and moves also please dont tell me to change a member of the team, instead tell me how to make it better, thanks.​

i have the same lead strategy but i use this:

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Bold
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def

- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Flash
- Memento

I'm not really familiar with Battle tower teams but i'll give it my best. Mismagius's set seems strange but anyway, run shadow ball over Flash for STAB, so that if Mismagius is the last pokemon standing, you might have a chance of winning.

Heracross should be holding life orb/flame orb/ toxic orb (guts) for maximum damage output and stone edge would probably be better than substitute as it provides you with more coverage. If however, you opt for substitute change the item to leftovers.

For Houndoom, I'd probably go for Fire blast over heat wave as there is only a 5% accuracy difference between the two, although flamethrower could also go over fire blast. Nice team and gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)