Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Kommo-o

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Dragapult

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Baxcalibur

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
:sv/baxcalibur: :sv/slowking: :sv/magnezone: :sv/clodsire: :sv/chien pao: :sv/talonflame:

Hello everybody! I'm back with another team featuring another underrated Mon, :baxcalibur:. Bax is an interesting Mon, being the pseudo with the highest atk, as well as having an op signature move and a good ability. It benefits from the snow that :slowking: provides for easier setting up. This plus attack boosts from thermal exchange makes this thing a monster, and I hope to prove that with this team.

:Baxcalibur: :slowking:
I wanted to use Bax, and slowking gave it easier entry and snow for a defence boost
:Baxcalibur: :slowking: :magnezone:
magnezone helped against the steels, fairies, dragons and some ice types that Bax struggled against.
:Baxcalibur: :slowking: :magnezone: :clodsire:
Clod is our special tank, sinc the team struggled against Mons like valiant, moth, and others
:Baxcalibur: :slowking: :magnezone: :clodsire: :talonflame:
Talonflame checked many physical attackers including tusk, d-nite and others. It's job is to spread burn and remove any hazards.
:Baxcalibur: :slowking: :magnezone: :clodsire: :talonflame: :chien pao:
CB pao is our breaker, cleaner and another Mon that benefits from snow and slowking 's future sights.

The Team

:Sv/baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Assault Vest
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Bax is our wincon but works kinda as a breaker as well. Ice dragon is awesome offensively, only struggling against steels which is what e-quake is for. This type trio is practically unresistable. You could run assault vest and aqua tail over dd for extra bulk and tera water to give it a boost and resist steel.

:Sv/slowking:
Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Chilly Reception
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Chilling Water

Slowking acts as a pivot, to let in the team's attackers as well as giving future sight support. Phys defensive or even some SpAtk investment can be run on this set since we've already got a special wall. Chilling water helps against set up sweepers who've decided to set up on king ( moon, d-nite ect). Tera psychic is for an extra powerful future sight.

:Sv/magnezone:
Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Tera Type: Fire / Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast
- Flash Cannon

The old mag drag combo, it's not seen much usage this gen so I wanted to try it out. Mag ( of course) deals with fairy, dragon and opposing steel types, thanks to it's ability that Bax struggles to KO. Mag now has an even easier time against steels thanks to tera. Ground tera can be run to stop volts from :iron treads: and opposing :magnezone:, since volt switch hits corv anyways and half the time it's going to U-turn out

:Sv/talonflame:
Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

This slot was originally taken by :corviknight:, but talonflame surprised me. It's speed let's it willo slower attackers including hands, dozo to an extent, slither wing, azumarill, d-nite, quaquaval, bulky tusk and treads, and scizor. It's also another pivot with hazard removal as well. Tera grass to be neutral against rock and resist electric and water, although I haven't terastalised this thing yet. The main reason I'm using it over corv is since it's a better check to :great tusk:

:Sv/clodsire:
Clodsire @ Black Sludge / Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
This thing acts as a special unaware sponge, and hazard setter. Tera dark is to beat :espathra: who the team struggles against otherwise. Spikes and t-spikes will annoy the opponent while their switching to try and get around the team's defensive core ,but boots will be annoying. Leftys are probably better since you'll be chipped every turn with black sludge if you tera.

:Sv/chien pao:
Chien-Pao @ Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Crunch
- Sacred Sword
- Ice Shard

Last but certainly not least, CB chien pao. The choice set fit better on the team because we've got Bax as an ice type setup sweeper, and we needed a solid breaker anyways. Sacred sword to beat :Garganacl:, other :chien pao:, and any boosted Mon, BU corv can be annoying but sacred sword beats it. Shard over sucker punch so we don't need to deal with sucker punch mind games. Tera ice for a supercharged ice spinner, which we're running over icicle crash for more accuracy since if it misses, we get OHKOed.

Just a side note, this team is quite defensive so if we lose our main attackers, we're doomed. I'd love any opinions on how to give the team more offensive pressure.

Threats
:Iron valiant: can be a huge threat if it's running booster energy, but :magnezone: can tank an unboosted aura sphere and KO back with flash cannon.

:Garganacl: is tough to beat since most of our team gets hit hard by body press, or gets beat by salt cure. Try to bait out a tera on another Mon so :chien pao: can hit hard with sacred sword.

All knock off users can be threatening since :talonflame: is our check to most of them, and won't be able to make repeated switch ins if rocks are chipping half of its health.

:Espathra: can sweep the team if your not careful. If you see it in team preview, then save your tera for clod to deal with it.

Pokepaste

https://pokepast.es/2d12d3997dc81a4c

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1779217447-6hkfm39mdjynpvgvp3uogexxd4a43qtpw Vs hazard stack BO

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1780932578 Vs another hazard stack

More replays coming soon...

Outro

I hope you all took the time to read what I'm saying, rather than just going straight to the team. As you all know (or most of you), threads take time to make!

And that's about it. Like I've said the team struggles once it loses it's 2 offensive Mons ( or 3 if you include magnezone ) so I'd love any help you could give to make the team work without it. The main Mon I'd replace to do this is possibly clod since the other members cover what it does to help the team. I hope you have fun using this terrible team and please send any advice you can give. Thanks in advance!

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi there! I am here to help you making this team better.
This team is pretty good. But it's weak to some counters so u need some changes to counter some Pokemons.

More Threats:
:Great tusk:: Great tusk is a gen 9 defensive mon that is a counter to this team. It counters Chien-Pao with Body Press And Sash Tusk with Close Combat.
:Breloom:: Breloom counters this team easily. It has access to spore, it can use rock tomb(talonflame counter) and buldoze(Clodsire counter). It uses sash most of the times and has access to technician Mach punch.

This was about the main counters to the team. Now let's move on to main changes

Major Changes:

1. Thunder Wave > Future Sight
:Slowking: is a good mon Specially defensive mon but u need to survive Chien-Pao's Crunch for set up of hail. So use this set

2. :Great Tusk: > :Clodsire:
Great tusk is better defensively and u always need a backup defensive mon for Chien-Pao. U can also use Dondonzo but I would prefer using Great tusk in Chilly Reception teams. Also as slowking counters special attackers so u can use this as defensive counter. You can also use stealth rocks with this

3. :Gholdengo: > :Magnezone:
Gholdengo is the best Pokemon in this tier. You always need a Pokemon to stop your Opponent from removing hazards. Trick Scarf Gholdengo can easily threaten the opposing mon. You can use leftovers recover or covert cloak too but I would prefer keeping a scarf gholdengo

Other Options:
:ditto: to counter boosted Pokemons
:Kingambit: as a sweeper
:cetitan: as a belly drum sweeper

Conclusion:
After all this team was pretty fine and handling this is also easy. Hope u enjoy laddering with the team

The team:
https://pokepast.es/a41093f639ae554e
Thank You.
Let me know if u have any questions and Hope you like the suggestions given by me.

:xy/mew:Good Bye:xy/mew:

Last edited:
Thanks for the rate! Most if not all of these changes are going to be implemented. Tusk is probably going to be better than clod, and dengo over magnezone.
I think the will be a huge help and get even higher on the ladder with this updated team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)