SV OU Baxcalibur Muk bulky sweeper team.

Even though I've been playing for quite a while, I've never been that great with pokemon team building and defiently not when it comes to actual playing, like predicting and stuff. However, I really want to start improving and see if I can get better at the game. My preferred method are pokemon that can take hits and set up for a sweep, like bulky sweepers or tanks.

Paddington (Ursaluna) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

This was the first pokemkon I was thinking about centering around this team. And it shows since it has all the traits I'm looking for in a pokemon. Tanky. Easily set up to sweep. And even some coverage to make sure I don't get walled. Swords dance helps me out a ton, but if its necessary i can use tera normal to boost myself in an instant. I put in Drain Punch since luna can fall apart like a rotting fruit if it doesn't do its job quickly enough, so I thought Drain Punch can help lower the timer pressure.

Samurott-Hisui @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Razor Shell
- Sacred Sword
- Sucker Punch

During my teambuilding time, I was having a hard time deciding whether to put in Dondonzo or H-murott into my team. Ultimately, I needed some hazards to set up, so I went with H murott. It can definetly be a strong finisher with its move pool and Sucker Punch to get those final hits in. However, even with all this, I've noted it's probably the weakest in the team as far as damage and sweeping potential goes.

Blake (Muk-Alola) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Disable
- Drain Punch

This was also in a competition for a spot in the team. Originally, I loved spore, so I was deciding whether to put in Amoonguss or Breloom in. Even though Amoonguss ended up outperforming breloom for me, once I saw Muk in my team, it was certainly the better team player. It's so easy to use with knock off and disable. It allows me to check for very dangerous threats like enamorous, gholdengo or dragapult, plus it can surely cripple the opponent with poison touch Poison fang. Drain Punch and black sludge helps it to stay alive, much like ursaluna. I've already tried glimmora, but I can never somehow keep it alive due to its stats and typing.

Weiss (Baxcalibur) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Another pokemon I'm very fond of using. I was suspecting that Lando t would make a comeback, so I prepared for the worst and added this in my team. Even though I haven't seem much Lando t, bax has really been a team player. It can take at least 1 hit and that's all it needs and it can demolish everything in its path with icicles and dragon claw. Earthquake surprises would be checks like heatran and Tera Dragon makes sure it stays alive for that Dragon Dance. Its ice typing really helps it out a lot with it defeating so many threats as long as it can speed through.

Ruby Rose (Hatterene) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Mystical Fire
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Dazzling Gleam

The obvious support when it comes to ursaluna for my team, as well as some other pokemon in my team previously. Even then, it can definelty help me get out of a pickle, especially with mirror matches, fighting types, Poison types and speedy dragons. Toxapex and clodsire are the biggest threats it can deal with, so in a way, its my wallbreaker. It's a real solid pokemon in my team.

Chuck (Corviknight) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Lastly, I needed some way to remove defog from my team, so ultimately I decided to go with Corviknight. I mainly choose it because it can check sneasler, a very annoying pokemon, but it does have its moments in my team, with brave bird and Roost being the key play. U turn is also there to get some chip damage after it's done with defog.

And that's it. I mainly want to look for some way to define my strategy and get into more serious play. I am willing to change anything in my team, although keeping in baxcallibur, luna and alolan muk would be greatly appreciated, if you can. Some definite things im looking forward are checks to pokemon setting up in front of me, like garganacl and dondonzo. Another thing would be a check to iron moth since ive been struggling to desl with it. Thank you and have a nice day!

Last edited:
Nice team! I'll do my best to improve your team while doing as you asked, keeping :Baxcalibur: and :muk-alola:.

General improvements:

Set changes:

Change :muk-alola:'s set to the :assault-vest: set. When checking out your team, I noticed that your team didn't really have a strong spa wall. As :assault-vest: :muk-alola: is a great pokemon to run :assault-vest: on. (lol to many times I'v said :assault-vest:) This makes :muk-alola: MUCH bulkier on the spd side and acts at a really nice wall to common spa attackers like :gholdengo:, :enamorus: and :dragapult:. Lemme give you a quick rundown of the set. It forces progress with knock-off and super-effective damage. While this loss of disable might be bad for your team, most of the spa attackers won't be staying in on :muk-alola: and will most of the time switch out (unless forced too.) Psn Jab is stab and with a 60% chance (i think thats how it works) it can really cripple a pokemon like :great-tusk: that is trying to switch in. Fire punch is for hitting steels like :Corviknight: for super-effective damage besides :hatterene:'s mystical-fire. And drain-punch is for good healing as :assault-vest: takes up the item slot. Hits :kingambit: for super-effective damage :) Also you might want to run ice-punch on :muk-alola: instead as it hits :dragonite: for 4x damage. as well as other ice weaks. Both punches included below.

:muk-alola:'s big step up ---> https://pokepast.es/4bd33646de67eeee

Moveset/Tera changes:

Swap Dragon Claw on :Baxcalibur: to Glaive Rush. If you are going to set up, you are going to be faster most of the time. (exceptions for fast :choice-scarf: users like :Meowscarada: or :cinderace:. You always want to go to big damage because you will be faster. While priority is troublesome for G-Rush :Baxcalibur:, it is always better to KO a mon then not doing enough damage and dying because of it.

Swap Dazzling Gleam on :hatterene:. Because of its epic ablity, magic bounce, you will be switching in and trying to bounce back hazards. Knowing this, you opponent might go for an attack to chip down :hatterene:. Also the new moves Ceaseless Edge :samurott-hisui: and Stone Axe :kleavor: ignore :hatterene:'s ability. Because :hatterene: is going to get chipped down over the course of the match, you should run d-kiss so you can heal back some hp to keep bouncing back hazards and setting up trick room for :ursaluna:. Also, your :hatterene: set doesn't win mirrors bc most :hatterene: run calm-mind and d-kiss so they can raise their spd even if you use mystical fire.

Change :Corviknight:'s tera to water. This Covers it's fire weakness and provides a resistance to strong water phys attackers like :basculegion: making the rain matchup better for you. It also covers for sun too. Just a better tera in general. Electric weakness can always be covered by :ursaluna:. phys attacking :iron-valiant: is becoming more common in the meta right now meaning that if you tera'd early game, then you could get screwed over by a phys attacking :iron-valiant: in the endgame.

Change kum :Muk-alola:'s tera to flying. Its not like you are going to be killing with poison-jab and the tera doesn't cover any of your weaknesses. Change it to flying so that you can be immune to the one type you are weak to.

Notes and weaknesses:

Your team has a tough matchup with :Corviknight:. If its phys defensive, it checks most of your team pretty well. Also, if its the IronPress set, then your team's phys attackers are pretty much walled. Your only way of hitting it for super-effective damage is :hatterene: which is pretty finicky. Try to weaken it though a match by knocking its item off and predicting when it will switch in. (not all the time but only when its really obvious)

Pretty much the same thing but really defensive teams with unaware :dondozo: or just generally very bulky phys mons like :zamazenta: beat your team. This is because your team only has one spa attacker in :hatterene:. Remedy this by swapping :samurott-hisui: to :dragapult: or :gholdengo:. They are both special (lol) :dragapult: offers more speed on your team without setup and :gholdengo: makes the :Corviknight: matchup easier.

:hoopa-unbound: also is a tough matchup for your team as its slower speed is not much to worry about with your slower team and the mixed sets can be hell for your combo of walls. Make sure to read the team preview and infer what set it is or scout the set with a read. A way your could patch up this weakness is swapping for a faster pokemon that can kill :hoopa-unbound:. You could swap :samurott-hisui: (sorry samurott) for a fast pokemon that can OHKO it or do big damage. An example of this is :sneasler:as it can always 2hko :hoopa-unbound: on switch (eg. dire claw into cc on a switch in). or a u-turn to OHKO it (even without :choice-band:) and getting you momentum in your favor. For your team I reccomend the standard :choice-scarf: set. It helps out with your slower team and also does big damage chipping down mons which :ursaluna: and :Baxcalibur: like alot.

Thats it! Hope this helps and go get em!

Last edited:
Nice team! I'll do my best to improve your team while doing as you asked, keeping :Baxcalibur: and :muk-alola:.

General improvements:

Set changes:

Change :muk-alola:'s set to the :assault-vest: set. When checking out your team, I noticed that your team didn't really have a strong spa wall. As :assault-vest: :muk-alola: is a great pokemon to run :assault-vest: on. (lol to many times I'v said :assault-vest:) This makes :muk-alola: MUCH bulkier on the spd side and acts at a really nice wall to common spa attackers like :gholdengo:, :enamorus: and :dragapult:. Lemme give you a quick rundown of the set. It forces progress with knock-off and super-effective damage. While this loss of disable might be bad for your team, most of the spa attackers won't be staying in on :muk-alola: and will most of the time switch out (unless forced too.) Psn Jab is stab and with a 60% chance (i think thats how it works) it can really cripple a pokemon like :great-tusk: that is trying to switch in. Fire punch is for hitting steels like :Corviknight: for super-effective damage besides :hatterene:'s mystical-fire. And drain-punch is for good healing as :assault-vest: takes up the item slot. Hits :kingambit: for super-effective damage :) Also you might want to run ice-punch on :muk-alola: instead as it hits :dragonite: for 4x damage. as well as other ice weaks. Both punches included below.

:muk-alola:'s big step up ---> https://pokepast.es/4bd33646de67eeee

Moveset/Tera changes:

Swap Dragon Claw on :Baxcalibur: to Glaive Rush. If you are going to set up, you are going to be faster most of the time. (exceptions for fast :choice-scarf: users like :Meowscarada: or :cinderace:. You always want to go to big damage because you will be faster. While priority is troublesome for G-Rush :Baxcalibur:, it is always better to KO a mon then not doing enough damage and dying because of it.

Swap Dazzling Gleam on :hatterene:. Because of its epic ablity, magic bounce, you will be switching in and trying to bounce back hazards. Knowing this, you opponent might go for an attack to chip down :hatterene:. Also the new moves Ceaseless Edge :samurott-hisui: and Stone Axe :kleavor: ignore :hatterene:'s ability. Because :hatterene: is going to get chipped down over the course of the match, you should run d-kiss so you can heal back some hp to keep bouncing back hazards and setting up trick room for :ursaluna:. Also, your :hatterene: set doesn't win mirrors bc most :hatterene: run calm-mind and d-kiss so they can raise their spd even if you use mystical fire.

Change :Corviknight:'s tera to water. This Covers it's fire weakness and provides a resistance to strong water phys attackers like :basculegion: making the rain matchup better for you. It also covers for sun too. Just a better tera in general. Electric weakness can always be covered by :ursaluna:. phys attacking :iron-valiant: is becoming more common in the meta right now meaning that if you tera'd early game, then you could get screwed over by a phys attacking :iron-valiant: in the endgame.

Change kum :Muk-alola:'s tera to flying. Its not like you are going to be killing with poison-jab and the tera doesn't cover any of your weaknesses. Change it to flying so that you can be immune to the one type you are weak to.

Notes and weaknesses:

Your team has a tough matchup with :Corviknight:. If its phys defensive, it checks most of your team pretty well. Also, if its the IronPress set, then your team's phys attackers are pretty much walled. Your only way of hitting it for super-effective damage is :hatterene: which is pretty finicky. Try to weaken it though a match by knocking its item off and predicting when it will switch in. (not all the time but only when its really obvious)

Pretty much the same thing but really defensive teams with unaware :dondozo: or just generally very bulky phys mons like :zamazenta: beat your team. This is because your team only has one spa attacker in :hatterene:. Remedy this by swapping :samurott-hisui: to :dragapult: or :gholdengo:. They are both special (lol) :dragapult: offers more speed on your team without setup and :gholdengo: makes the :Corviknight: matchup easier.

:hoopa-unbound: also is a tough matchup for your team as its slower speed is not much to worry about with your slower team and the mixed sets can be hell for your combo of walls. Make sure to read the team preview and infer what set it is or scout the set with a read. A way your could patch up this weakness is swapping for a faster pokemon that can kill :hoopa-unbound:. You could swap :samurott-hisui: (sorry samurott) for a fast pokemon that can OHKO it or do big damage. An example of this is :sneasler:as it can always 2hko :hoopa-unbound: on switch (eg. dire claw into cc on a switch in). or a u-turn to OHKO it (even without :choice-band:) and getting you momentum in your favor. For your team I reccomend the standard :choice-scarf: set. It helps out with your slower team and also does big damage chipping down mons which :ursaluna: and :Baxcalibur:.

Thats it! Hope this helps and go get em!
Thanks for the team comp. I already made a gholdengo set I'm pretty proud of to check off the physical walls.

Yang (Gholdengo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Also made that AV muk set with ice Punch as coverage, plus changed its nature to careful to really make it a special wall. Also, I did those little tweaks as you mentioned. Thank you so much and hope you are a nice day

P.S. this also kinda completed my RWBY nickname team too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the team comp. I already made a gholdengo set I'm pretty proud of to check off the physical walls.

Yang (Gholdengo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Also made that AV muk set with ice Punch as coverage, plus changed its nature to careful to really make it a special wall. Also, I did those little tweaks as you mentioned. Thank you so much and hope you are a nice day

P.S. this also kinda completed my RWBY nickname team too.
np i gotchu bro
u should change the tera for :Gholdengo: to flying or fighting
ps was the nickname team in rwby kum for muk? :worrywhirl:

np i gotchu bro
u should change the tera for :Gholdengo: to flying or fighting
ps was the nickname team in rwby kum for muk? :worrywhirl:
You're funny. And got that. Switching gholdengo from steel to fighting now!

And technically Samurott was supposed to be Blake, which made more sense character-wise. Don't remember why I switched it to muk though. But at least Gholdengo is yellow, similar to yang. Wouldn't want to fill it with a fighting type now.

And no, but that would have been hilarious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)