XY OU Beauty and the Beast

Before I begin, thank you invok3r for giving me a reference for almost this entire layout :)

Alright guys this is my first team that i actually put some thought into instead of using a bunch of my favorite pokemon that kind of work together but not really. So uh I guess we should start of with...

THE PROCESS

I started with an offensive core in the form of Hydreigon and Sylveon. Sylveon can easily switch in onto bug, fighting, and dragon types that could pose a threat to Hydreigon.

I then realized that Hydreigon did not provide anything for sylveon, as she gets annihilated by poison and steel type. So I added a heatran to my team as it has a good synergy with both Hydreigon and Sylveon. (It can take the hits for Sylveon and Hydreigon can switch in on scary ground and water type moves.)

I see Heatran as the supporting beam that holds my offensive core up, so I obviously need it to stick around, and stealth rocks aren't gonna help me do that. I chose Scizor as my defogger because it only has one weakness and Heatran is completely immune to it (fire.) It also helps me against those pesky fairy types, mainly Diancie.

Azumarill was the next choice because she gives a much needed resistance to water. Also she's got a bit of muscle on her too :)

The last team member is Mew. I chose here because she provides cleric support and is seemingly the only thing that can stop Landorus-T without slapping a choice item on a Mamoswine and adding a third choiced member to my team.

THE SQUAD

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
I picked Hydreigon because he's pretty cool for one and I think he's awesome bait for Keldeo. Not only is he a complete annihilator but he can bait a secret sword from Keldeo which gives me a free switch into Sylveon, which is the whole point of the core.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass
Choice specs Sylveon is the second half of the core because it provides a little bit of bulk on the
special side and it can punch holes into teams. Baton pass is to be used like u-turn if you predict a switch that Sylveon can not handle.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Roar
Ol' Reliable is here to give support to the (very) one sided offensive core. The good old SR roar combo that he makes with Mew is there to weaken smogon birds and other threats to the two main stars of the show. Basically Heatran serves as a wall for this team that will occasionally burn physically offensive threats. Also opposing Heatran that think they can switch in and get a quick flash fire boost can catch that Earth Power :)

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
Scizor is here to get rocks of the field and have an offensive presence. You want to keep this thing alive for the entire match if a Bisharp is on the opposing team because knock off will only be base 65 and steel type moves aren't doing anything of course. If you see an obvious sucker punch you can roost and then force a switch and that feels sooooo good.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
I picked Ol' reliable v2 to give my team a much needed water resistance (as stated) and punch holes into opposing Heatrans that i can't get past. It also has some nice mixed bulk so yeah :P

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
This Mew set strays a bit from the usual defogger set and takes the role as a stealth rocker and a cleric. Will-o-wisp is for that pesky Landorus-t that seems to laugh in the face of my entire team. Heal bell is to keep the much need scizor and azumarill relevant after getting burned.
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Well that's it for this RMT, this is also my first thought out team so feedback would be nice!
But seriously making a decent looking thread is hard work...

cool team but just 1 thing is that superpower on scizor is needed and it gets a free set up vs scarf hydra and scizor and sweeping your team especially because you have to risk fire blast hitting with hydra. this is a short rate for now ill give more later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)