Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

In-depth details

beedrill-mega.gif

Obviously, we started out with freaking Beedrill-M. Beedrill has a terrifying base 150 attack stat, along with a very high speed tier of 145 base speed. Its ability in Adaptability makes it one of the strongest physical attackers in the tier. U-turn Poison Jab Drill Run Knock Off, very standard Drill set with the two STAB moves and one to remove items and one for Heatran. There's really nothing else to say about this bee tbh.

beedrill-m.png
gliscor.gif

Gliscor was added as a reliable Landot switch and defogger. It's only niche over Landot as a defogger is a reliable recovery in Roost and Poison Heal. The last move was open so I put U-turn to form a U-turn core with Beedrill. The only problem is this thing cannot beat Landot 1v1, it can only switch in.

beedrill-m.png
gliscor.png
ferrothorn.gif

I needed entry hazards so I put in Ferrothorn, which is a very annoying tank in USM OU, due to Leech Seed and Iron Barbs. This was my second soft-check to Landot, and originally I put Stealth Rock on this. After Tyranitar was added this changed to Spikes

beedrill-m.png
gliscor.png
ferrothorn.png
toxapex.gif

Toxapex and Ferrothorn make a defensive backbone, Ferro kind checking Lele, Koko, Landot and Bulu while Pex checks the Fire and fighting types. It also helps with Beedrill sweeps by burn or toxic and is generally just a nice wall to pair up with Beedrill. This is PhysDef cuz both Gliscor and Ferro are SpDef and we needed a physical wall, as well as a mon that can usually stop setup-mon.

beedrill-m.png
gliscor.png
ferrothorn.png
toxapex.png
tyranitar.gif
keldeo.gif

Tyranitar traps many of Keldeo's checks such as Latios and (Mega) Latias that prevent Keldeo from wall breaking properly. It can also heavily pressure Pokemon such as Mantine, Toxapex, and Mega Venusaur to stay healthy. In return, Keldeo can use threaten Steel and Ground types, although it cannot switch into Ground type moves, but Specs Hydro Pump 2HKOes PhysDef Tangrowth and nukes anything that isn't resistant. Unfortunately the Ddance sets didn't work that well for me, so I swapped Ttar to SR Pursuit IceBeam and Toxic with Chople Berry.

beedrill-m.png
gliscor.png
jirachi.gif
toxapex.png
tyranitar.png
keldeo.png

I replaced Ferrothorn with Jirachi as a better check to Tapu Lele cuz it's really hard to play around. WishTect is self-explanatory, and U-turn allows Jirachi to switch into something low after using Wish.

Yea I think that's it, now lemme go to sleep and I hope to see you in my next RMT as well :)

Attachments

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, this is a cool looking team. I agree beedrill is quite threatening despite not being seen alot.

The team has a few weaknesses I noticed, such as Zygarde, Medicham and Hawlucha, as the team doesn't have a reliable switch-in to Medicham while Zygarde and Hawlucha can usually setup and sweep.

It also lacks a scarfer, meaning the only good revenge killer is Beedrill.

The stall matchup also seems tough. While specs Keldeo can dent some stall teams, if they have something like Toxapex it can be quite hard to break through.

MAJOR CHANGE

248.png--> 036.png
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Wish

First I suggest changing your rocker to Clefable, who can improve the matchup against Medicham, Hawlucha and Zygarde. This also means you should be able to get up rocks vs stall easier.

I'm also giving it Wish to support the team, which will be useful noting a later change.

MINOR CHANGES

385.pngleftovers.png--> choicescarf.png
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn

For added speed control I suggest to make Jirachi a Choice Scarf set.

The set is fairly standard, Healing Wish can help Keldeo or Beedrill if they were weakened.

Wish from Clefable can help keep you healthy to check Tapu Lele, although the specs set can still be a problem.

647-r.pngchoicespecs.png--> wateriumz.png
Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt

Next, I suggest making Keldeo Calm Mind with Taunt and Waterium Z, this should help vs balance and stall builds.

You can setup on things like Toxapex thanks to Taunt. Z-Hydro Pump can nuke things like Quagsire or unawware Clefable on stall.

748.png
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature

- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

I recommend the standard SpDef Toxapex, as it helps vs things like Greninja Volcarona and even Zapdos etc.

472.png U-turn --> Knock Off
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

The last change I suggest is making Gliscor the standard set with Knock-Off, which is useful for removing items off of Landorus, Celesteela, Ferrothorn etc.

Also with enough speed to outspeed Heatran, making it a great Heatran counter (Apart from switching into Firium Z).

The team still has a few weaknesses such as Tapu Koko and Lele if Jirachi gets too weakened, it might also struggle with certain bulky steel types.

But I hope these ideas were helpful. Good luck :]

Importable
~~015-m.png472.png385.png748.png036.png647-r.png~~​

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
View attachment 111317View attachment 111318View attachment 111320View attachment 111324View attachment 111326View attachment 111322
Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 204 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 148 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

In-depth details

View attachment 111317
Obviously, we started out with freaking Beedrill-M. Beedrill has a terrifying base 150 attack stat, along with a very high speed tier of 145 base speed. Its ability in Adaptability makes it one of the strongest physical attackers in the tier. U-turn Poison Jab Drill Run Knock Off, very standard Drill set with the two STAB moves and one to remove items and one for Heatran. There's really nothing else to say about this bee tbh.

View attachment 111316View attachment 111318
Gliscor was added as a reliable Landot switch and defogger. It's only niche over Landot as a defogger is a reliable recovery in Roost and Poison Heal. The last move was open so I put U-turn to form a U-turn core with Beedrill. The only problem is this thing cannot beat Landot 1v1, it can only switch in.

View attachment 111316View attachment 111319View attachment 111328
I needed entry hazards so I put in Ferrothorn, which is a very annoying tank in USM OU, due to Leech Seed and Iron Barbs. This was my second soft-check to Landot, and originally I put Stealth Rock on this. After Tyranitar was added this changed to Spikes

View attachment 111316View attachment 111319View attachment 111329View attachment 111324
Toxapex and Ferrothorn make a defensive backbone, Ferro kind checking Lele, Koko, Landot and Bulu while Pex checks the Fire and fighting types. It also helps with Beedrill sweeps by burn or toxic and is generally just a nice wall to pair up with Beedrill. This is PhysDef cuz both Gliscor and Ferro are SpDef and we needed a physical wall, as well as a mon that can usually stop setup-mon.

View attachment 111316View attachment 111319View attachment 111329View attachment 111325View attachment 111326View attachment 111322
Tyranitar traps many of Keldeo's checks such as Latios and (Mega) Latias that prevent Keldeo from wall breaking properly. It can also heavily pressure Pokemon such as Mantine, Toxapex, and Mega Venusaur to stay healthy. In return, Keldeo can use threaten Steel and Ground types, although it cannot switch into Ground type moves, but Specs Hydro Pump 2HKOes PhysDef Tangrowth and nukes anything that isn't resistant. Unfortunately the Ddance sets didn't work that well for me, so I swapped Ttar to SR Pursuit IceBeam and Toxic with Chople Berry.

View attachment 111316View attachment 111319View attachment 111320View attachment 111325View attachment 111327View attachment 111323
I replaced Ferrothorn with Jirachi as a better check to Tapu Lele cuz it's really hard to play around. WishTect is self-explanatory, and U-turn allows Jirachi to switch into something low after using Wish.

Yea I think that's it, now lemme go to sleep and I hope to see you in my next RMT as well :)
Hey, Beedrill isn't something that's seen often in OU, so it's nice to get a fresh breath of air. There are some things that I would change with this team.

You claimed that Landorus was a problem for you (and rightly so). I think we can help this by putting Toxic over U-Turn on Gliscor to wear down Landorus. I would also give it enough speed to come in on Heatran non-Z Move Heatran. Here is the set.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

I don't think that this Tyranitar fits on the team. I think that Jirachi is a better Stealth Rock setter and the team is lacking physical power at the moment. Band TTar is a better option, in my opinion. This also beats the Mega Latis, as it could not before (Mega Latias w/ HP Fighting or Reflect Type and Latios preys on a weakened TTar and can hit it w/ Earthquake). Here is the set that I would use. It is EV'd to outspeed the standard Tyranitar set, and has Fire Punch for Ferrothorn/Kartana/Scizor that think they can switch in.
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 88 HP / 240 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

In order too better your stall match-up, I am going to change the Keldeo set from Choice Specs to Waterium-Z. Here is the set that I would use
Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

I would also change your Jirachi set. I would give it Stealth Rocks so that we can change the Tyranitar set. Usage of the yellow colour also helps out Keldeo and Tyranitar and can allow for some clutch wins in conjunction with Iron Head.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 200 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn / Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
An alternative set makes use of Healing Wish to restore your offensive Pokemon which helps out against more defensive teams as you get more chances to break through them.

I hope you like my changes. If you feel like you need to discuss anything, please get in touch :)

well this isn't a rate but you should really find a way to include a magnezone into the team to trap celesteela and skarmory otherwise beedrill is going to to bee putting in no work at all vs. teams with those mons. zone is just great in general too trapping ferrothorn & even kartana for the team if you give it a scarf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)