Been a long time huh Smogon? Check out this team! (Peak 1477 Rank - 403)

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 32 Spd / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi.Irritating as hell,got a fast lead like Galvantula,Azelf? Body Slam,Thunder wave at your service! Slows down the opponents team just enough so that my slower team mates like Swampert,Snorlax get a bit of help. Stealth Rock because hey,everybody's using it. Body Slam allows me to paralyze those enemies like Arcanince,Krookodile,Victini that JIrachi seems to attract on the switch. Iron Head is included becuase hey Florges, I'm looking at you,yeah you that pesky Fairy -.-, not that it walls anything on this team, EVERYTHING even my special attacker can blast through Florges.Also I was so sick of suicide leads! Suicide leads essentially reduce you to 5-6 BEFORE the game has really started,so I see no point. This guy is much more usefully,take Scarf Heracross attacks like a boss 3 hit KO'd by Mega Aerodactyl's Earthquake,possibly putting Aerodactyl out of the whole match with Thunder Wave or Body Slam , and also absorbs Outrage through out the game,what else do you need?

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover

I was talking about a special attacker that can blast through Florges? Here it is. Celebi. Originally this was a Shaymin,with a similar set,but I decided I needed a bit of extra insurance against Lucario. Timid because this is the only thing fast enough on my team,to beat Jolly Lucario,not that it matters much becuase I don't run Earth Power,maybe I should though? Its not like this team take particularly long to finish its matches. It doesn't even PRETEND to be bulky,its just blasts through stuff. Giga Drain to help ease the pain of Life Orb,while Nasty Plot is another method used to shut down CroCune. Gives me something to block Leech Seed,Stun Spore,etc.Chesnaught hard counter too. Swampert really feeds this guy,giving him something to come in on for free and set up on.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

First thing's first. Different EV spread maybe? Jolly maybe? Putting that aside this is here AGAIN to shut CroCune down and as an added bonus blasts through Florges as well. Florges switch into Celebi predicted? Swtich in Toxicroak. But don't greedy with those Swords Dance's random stuff with Sash will screw you over.So make sure Stealth Rock is down,and only set on stuff you're 100% sure you'll force out because this guy is not exactly the epitome of bulk :/. Is there any point beating Adamant Lucario by using Jolly? Sucker Punch if Jolly though doesn't do enough to Crobat after Stealth Rock allowing it to eliminate Toxicroak....not sure if good idea or just trolling.

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Cross Poison

Fun really,fun to use. Dumb stuff which gets behind a substitute isn't safe,and Choice Band'd Crobat,reminds me of Talonflame in OU,in that it has the ability to clean up a game at the end when stuff like Aggron and all are gone. Of course it doesn't have a fantastic ability like Gale Wings to help,but then again that's why its UU,eh? The moveset is bog standard I see no reason to explain it. Its almost just spam Brave Bird all the time anyway!

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 68 Atk / 136 Def / 140 HP / 164 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse

I was introduced to competitve battling in the 3rd Gen. These EVs,are a relic from that period. Enough attack to reach 300 Attack,enough Defense to reach 200,and enough Special Defense for 297,and HP hits a leftover number. I was running BandLax with SelfDestruct before this,but I need something to help me deal with the Sacred Fire Entei,Will-O-Wisp Arcanine that are running amok nowadays. Thick Fat helps me with the same. THis guy provides me with a fantastic win condition being able to plough through UU becuase though Rhyperior,And Mega Aggron may be rampant,and do I admit fully block SNorlax there is literally nothing else capable of standing in his way. Except maybe Machamp,Heracross and Mienshao.Thinking of going with Body Slam over Return to go along with the status theme.

Swampert @ Choice Band
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 172 HP / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

This is god. Thank you based Swampert. You have saved me many matches. The EVs again are a remanent of an earlier generation .I have no idea what exactly the purpose was. CBPert plays differently to a normal one. Its not meant to take that big Outrage in the face. That's Jirachi's job. He is here to force switches and hit FOR HUGE DAMAGE. See Empoleon,and Flygon on the opponents team? If this was normal Swampert a 2HKO at best,but with CBPert,BANG! Out of action. Rhyperior? Switch in threaten Waterfall/Hydro Pump and again go BANG with another attack. The higher you go on the ladder. The less just clicking on the move that's super effective on the enemy in front of you will work. Be careful. This was also part of the original team.Also at least I'm not a scrub who uses Specs Swampert!

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Umm your team is really hazard weak. You have two handers two life orb users and no defoggers/spinners. To remedy this, I would recommend using defog Crobat. This removed your hazard weakness exponentially and gives you a little room for switching.

Also you have a serious knock off weakness but I'll address that another time...

I don't really understand your EVs on Jirachi. I can't remember the EVs exactly but check out my Jirachi analysis under UU analyses for some insight.

On Toxicroak I would recommend Gunk Shot over poison jab because you already have a reliable STAB move in drain punch so you get a bit more power.

The rest seems okay. I'll give it another look later.

Have you tried using the team? Do try it once :). I'll try Defog Crobat but the loss of power will hurt,and 80% accuracy on a sweeper? No thanks. What exactly do I get rid of with Gunk Shot that doesn't dies to SD'd Poison Jab anyway? It's supposed to be a fast paced team. It's not about screwing with the opponent's strategy. It's about letting my own come to fruition. Switches are supposed to be predicted and usually seeing lead Jirachi I manage to both stop opposition setup and also get my own up. Because Jirachi according to most people = Taunt fodder. Do try it out once,but I will try your seggestions :P

What is the win condition of your team? It seems like a bunch of Pokemon mixed together that don't really mix well the infernape weakness is real as swampert is the only real check. I'll take a better look at it tomorrow but you need to establish a win condition on your team

wow,just went on a tilt...down to 1398 -.-,try out some of the stuff you guys have suggested...but something more concrete like movesets and evs would be nice, don't ask me what my win-condition is! Help me make one. After all that's pretty much why I posted the team,I know it has its faults and mistakes

You say it's a face paced team but snorlax and jirachi sort of defeat the purpose of that being bulky. Try lead azelf with sash and have your win condition be choice band crobat so good wallbreakers on the team can include victini or darminatan scarf.

ok but then that opens up my team to strong dragon attack like draco meteor/ outrage, especially outrage,i'll try lead azelf but who will i put scarf darmanitan or even victini over???

Drop swampert for scarf victini or darminatan and you can keep jirachi in the team because it can provide support through thunder wave which can stop set up sweepers and other scarfers that want to ruin either crobat or victini/darminatan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)