Beginners Luck (Newark VGC Warstoy time! :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to apologize in advance for the visually unattractive warstory I'm so tired I can't bring myself to pretty it up :p

Not going to tell my team incase I go to nationals but I can tell you their nicknames: Izaya, Diddy Kong, and Lucifer.

Round one: This round was a joke. The kid sent out a Lv 25 Porygon-Z and lv 15 Scizor lead. In the back he had a lv 13 cyndiquil and some pidgy. 4-0'd

Round 2: This round was close. He told me he is from skarmbliss and I don't want to give away his team even though I beat him. It all came down to will-o-wisp saving the day :D 1-0

Round 3: This round was pretty easy. The guy led with a garchomp and drapion with a dragonite and blissey in the back. Garchomp was yache so that kind of sucked >.< I don't remember much but all I remember is that I won :D

Round 4: Oh gosh the pressure is on. One more battle to win before I get to the finalist lounge! He lead off with a rayquaza and Lopunny but switched the lopunny for giritina. Low kick killed t-tar even with chopple berry :D I ended up winning and move on to the finalist lounge.

Break time!: The wait was killer. I ended up finding someone from my school which was kind of weird >.> I got my picture taken with pikachu I was so happy :D I kind of wish I remembered my pokewalker I saw someone with 4 of them :0

Elimination time! DUNDUNDUNDUN!: I get back in the finalist lounge and start chatting with some people. Then we all get our games back and have to pick energy card. Oh god my heart was pounding all I kept saying was "Please be purple please be purple" and what do you know... purple :D So I chill and chat a bit before eliminations get started.

Elimination round: All I remember from this guy was a smeargal, a dialga, and a palkia. I quickly got rid of that smeargal before it could do something terrible >.> His dialga used roar of time and I almost laughed xD He was pretty easy to beat and I was the first person to make it to the top 16 and get my invite. The wait was really long >.>

Finals Round One: This match was agaisnt Chalky and we were both happy to see each other win invites :D All I needed were to see the leads Kyogre and Ludicolo and I knew it was game over for me >.> I ended up getting a crit with shadow force killing his ludicolo and flamethrowering his abomasnow to death when he thought he had on a sash xD My will-o-wisp did miss his hitmontop and it was all over :p

At the end Chalky offered me his DSi that he won so I could sell it for Nats money but my dad wouldn't let me accept it and I would feel SO bad just taking it like that >.>

All in all my first VGC match was a very fun one with a lot of luck involved *coughpurplecardcough* HOPEFULLY I will be able to go to Nats if my parents let me >.>

Pros
-Getting an invite
-Getting a picture with pikachu
-Having Marriland compliment my doodles :p
-Getting to go with friends
-Being aloud to go xD
-Meeting some AWESOME people :D
-The finalist lounge is a VERY cool place
-Only one kyogre :p

Cons
-Having to get up :p
-No travel money
-I was relatively shy xD
-Waiting in line D:
-Really nervous the entire time

You got very lucky in your top 32 battle, Roar of Time!? How did he even get so far with that? Also congratulations on getting the Purple Energy Card and in the top 16. Was nice meeting you. Well I don't really remember who you are but we were in the finalists lounge and in there you basically met everyone.

I was the girl in the blue shirt with the bedazzled bird on it :p Roar of time actually threw me off completely I was so confused xD

Nice warstory man. Hmm, I don't remember seeing you. Anyway, I lost in the 3rd round, so no invite for meh lmaoo. Anyway, good luck if you end up going to nats.

Ray/Loppuny lead could only be my friend's team lol. Congrats on your victories and top 16. I was extremely shy as well, antisocial even. I just played my psp on the blue chair till the time came.

grats on getting top16 in first tournament, i also talked to u for a little bit, i was the guy in the coldplay shirt and it was also my first vgc tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)