Benjamin Butterfree (Aka Pokemon DeEvolution)

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Yes.

After thinking about it for a while, I have decided that You are able to switch after you faint, but you have the option to stay in and use your devolved form. If you use your devolved form, you will not continue the attack you are using.

:)
So basically you switch as usual, you just can "switch" to the new pre-evolution as well. This sounds like a good option IMO. A good balance between sweeps being possible and mons not just going down 123.

What happens if a Pokemon doesn't have any moves a pre-evolution can use? Every pokemon needs to have at least one move, you can't have one with no moves in-game. Maybe a clause saying you must have at least one move the first stage can learn? If you do that though, it would nerf some pokemon like Beedrill. Or you could just make pokemon with no moves forced to use struggle, which saves you having to limit things.

Anyways, here's a list of all pokemon with three-stage evolutions. It's safe to say they gain the most from this meta, so here they are.

Venusaur
Blastoise
Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raichu
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Crobat
Vileplume
Bellossom
Poliwrath
Politoed
Alakazam
Machamp
Victreebel
Golem
Magnezone
Gengar
Rhyperior
Blissey
Kingdra
Electivire
Magmortar
Porygon-Z
Dragonite
Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Togekiss
Ampharos
Azumarill
Jumpluff
Mamoswine
Tyranitar
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Beautifly
Dustox
Ludicolo
Shiftry
Gardevoir
Gallade
Slaking
Exploud
Aggron
Roserade
Flygon
Dusknoir
Walrein
Salamence
Metagross
Torterra
Infernape
Empoleon
Staraptor
Luxray
Garchomp
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Stoutland
Unfezant
Gigalith
Conkeldurr
Seismitoad
Leavanny
Scolipede
Krookodile
Gothitelle
Reuniclus
Vanilluxe
Klinklang
Eelektross
Chandelure
Haxorus
Hydreigon
Chesnaught
Delphox
Greninja
Talonflame
Vivillon
Florges
Aegislash
Goodra
Vikavolt

I just realized something. If you're using Flygon w/ Eviolite, you get:

Flygon - Decently powerful and fast Defogger / offensive mon
Vibrava - Bulky Defogger / Bulky but weak offensive mon
Trapinch - Strongest, but slowest TRAPPER in the game.

With the switch mechanics, Trapinch can actually be pretty interesting, I'd say

Dugtrio could be cool on offensive teams because it can trap stuff and memento, and if holding a sash, possibly come back and do it again as a diglett, giving you a lot of chances to set up. Hell, you don't even require a sash; life orb could work, since diglett has pretty passable speed. Really cool meta, i'd love to see this get coded!

edit: whimsicott could actually work better for this with access to stun spore and prankster, and it would also work twice

edit 2: oml bisharp would be so good in this meta

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Dugtrio could be cool on offensive teams because it can trap stuff and memento, and if holding a sash, possibly come back and do it again as a diglett, giving you a lot of chances to set up. Hell, you don't even require a sash; life orb could work, since diglett has pretty passable speed. Really cool meta, i'd love to see this get coded!

edit: whimsicott could actually work better for this with access to stun spore and prankster, and it would also work twice
Bisharp and Gothitelle are pleased by your strategy.

I wish I could code ;~;

Also, S/Os to anybody who bring Venomoth to this metagame, only to find out that Venonat is a Physical Attacker. So, yeah, offensive Pokemon like that are much worse (Ex. Venomoth line, CM Slowbro line, anything else I'm forgetting)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)