Best Friends Tournament II - Round 2

Diophantine

Banned deucer.

Welcome to the second Best Friends Tournament! Congratulations to ABR and BKC for winning the first instalment. This time, there will be a prize (to be determined). There are many friendship groups and bonds made through playing Pokémon on Smogon, and I wanted to host a tournament which would celebrate that. This is a tournament where players pair up in teams of two and take each other on in tiers that they choose to find out who is the best duo.

Each match will be a best of 3 between two pairs. During signups, each pair picks a tier from my list. List of tiers available to choose from:
USUM OU
USUM UU
USUM RU
USUM NU
USUM PU
ORAS OU
B2W2 OU
DPP OU
ADV OU
GSC OU
RBY OU

Here's an example to show how a round will be played. Suppose team 1 (players A and B) choose ORAS OU and team 2 (players X and Y) choose USUM RU. Team 1 decide that B will play ORAS OU and A will play USUM RU, where as team 2 decide that X will play ORAS OU and Y will play USUM RU. If there is a tie (let's say A beats X and Y beats B) after all player have played, then a third game will be played in USUM OU (to be as fair as possible) to decide which team advances (each team picks the player to represent them - let's say X vs A). (RBY is always a best of 3).

Each round will last one week. Here is a link to the rules and guidelines competitors must follow. All games must be played on Pokemon Showdown! (server does not matter). Replays are preferred but not necessary.

Pairings:
Deadline: Monday 18th 23:59 EST

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
A couple of things I want to mention to make things easier for myself:
- Please only use this thread to say which of your pair is playing which tier, post for activity wins, asking for extensions or for when your team wins.
- Please stop PMing me asking me when the next round is. It's quite annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)