Rejected Better Account System. Or literally better system at all.

I live in a place with a shared wifi connection, which means that whenever anyone makes ANY kind of mistake, I get banned, because all that pokemon showdown does is IP bans. I have tried talking to staff, and they never offer any actual help other than "oh well you can't prove it wasn't you so we can't help you sorry". It's extremely tiring, and this website needs to switch over to some better system, or use IP bans less frequently. This happens to me ALL THE TIME.

pre

pkmn.cc
This would be more helpful suggestion if you had concrete ideas for what exactly 'some better system' would look like, keeping in mind technical feasibility and ensuring that punishments don't become easier to evade

I think a big problem is that banning and muting just happens SO OFTEN. Maybe they don't need an entirely new system, but better rules that don't end in constant bans. I saw at least three or four handed out in the lobby this morning lmao.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I think a big problem is that banning and muting just happens SO OFTEN. Maybe they don't need an entirely new system, but better rules that don't end in constant bans. I saw at least three or four handed out in the lobby this morning lmao.
I don't see why roomstaff should have to be concerned about how much they can mute/ban people within their own room, they have the experience and discretion to know what is best to deal with situations with the moderation tools. Lobby is also one of the most heavily moderated rooms, due to it being the biggest and usually first room people join, leaving it with a lot of bad users at times. There's always going to be people who break the rules and disturb and harass others on the sim, less moderation isn't going to make it better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)