Other Metagames BH- Impossible Pika Squad Peak 1440

Teambuiding Process: I decided to build a team of 6 Pikachu for a challenge from om room's very own Ransei. Thus the main goal was to build around the only viable pikachu, Imposter. With a light ball, Pikachu defeats most imposterprooofing.

The most common imposterproofing not beaten by pikachu is Shedinja, so I needed something to take that out. Thus, I needed mold breaker. Since magic bounce is common in BH, no other ability will do. Spore is added since there is no risk of it being bounced back, while rapid spin takes advantage of the relative lack of ghosts in Bh bar Giratina. Volt switch is a necessary pivot move to capitalize on the switches caused by spore and mold breaker.

I then needed a priority user for when I wasn't impostering, ideally one that could hit ghost types who try to self imposterproof with judgement. Pixelate was the best option especially since it meant I could hurt specially defensive giratina.

I still had two slots open, so I decided to find a mon that could defeat atespeeders 1v1. Protean was the only obvious choice- no other pika form can live an extremespeed even at -2. Earthquake a s coverage was pretty random-really, anything that hits Diancie works.

The last mon is mostly filler- I'm not happy with it, but it can fight off imposters after a couple of v-creates (leech seed) and is vital for its ability to actually ko many stall/balance teams.

In more detail:

upload_2016-3-4_8-14-42.jpeg
Dr. Phd. BJ (Pikachu-PhD) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
The ev's are fairly straightforward-as much speed as possible, while also boosing bulk a little. While the extra damage resistance isn't really noticable vs offense, it does help against the stall and pivot moves that this Pikachu loves to set up on. sash allows for guarenteed rocks vs offense, while rapid spin lets it remove hazards and leechseed. Volt switch is a stab for a bit of damage while still switching it out and gaining momentum.

upload_2016-3-4_9-46-33.png
Cosplay Champion (Pikachu-Cosplay) (F) @ Light Ball
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off

The main mon itself, Cosplay pikachu is one of the best imposters in the tier. All imposterproofing that doesn't rely on abilities/immunities is completely and utterly destroyed due to the stupidity that is light ball. Pikachu is almost impossible to switch in on because even at -2 (kings sheild) it does the same amount as the pokemon it copied. It does best while copying low hp pokemon like diancie, but really anything will do.
The moves are mostly filler because 99/100 times pikachu is impostered. As such, I chose the moves that would be most helful against illusioned foes/foes behind subs.

upload_2016-3-4_8-44-59.jpeg

Ransei (Pikachu-Rock-Star) (M) @ Light Ball
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch
- Water Shruiken

Ransei plays exactly the same way as imposter champion. Having two imposters is very important, as pikachu is rather reliant on winning speed ties. the moves are again mostly filler because pikachu is nearly always impostered. Moves are slightly different for variety Gengar. He is, of course, the guiding light behind the team.
upload_2016-3-4_8-45-56.jpeg
amino acid (Pikachu-Pop-Star) (F) @ Light Ball
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- King's Shield
- Earthquake/Precipice Blades/Magma Storm/Ice Beam/Really Anything

This is my favorite mon on the team. With the steel typing granted by kings sheild and the -2 attack as a bonus, Amino Acid can live an extreme speed from any mon in the tier. The first three moves are a requirement, the last one is completely up to you. Seriously. I swap every battle, and I almost never end up using it.

upload_2016-3-4_8-46-54.jpeg

Luchadore Rin (Pikachu-Libre) (F) @ Light Ball
Ability: Pixilate
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- King's Shield
- Leech Seed

Our resident Diancie ripoff, Luchadore Rin is here to fulfill all our revenging needs. Leech seed is to punish king sheild, while kings shield punishes opponents. It's pretty straightforward, tbh. Be warned that pikachu is slow as fakespeeders go, however.
upload_2016-3-4_8-46-37.png
OG (Pikachu) (M) @ Light Ball
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Leech Seed

The Original Mon himself! Contrary to what you'd expect, he doesn't have some kind of special role. Instead, his job is to sweep after the opponent has been sufficiently weakened. Thanks to the defense boosts of v-create, it can even stall imposter! Superpower is the only offensive boosting contrary gets, and so is mandatory. Extreme speed picks off weakened threats and gets chip on things that outspeed Pikachu and it cannot take a hit from. leech seed is the best move on the set, however, allowing Pikachu to power through imposter and ohko Shedinja.

Checks and counters:
Self imposterproofing with spooky plate- This team greaty struggles qith this, usually losing from team preview.
Stall- Pikachu cannot stallbreak, good luck beating anything bulkier than balance.
Skill- Anyone with a modicum of this has an easy time. luckily for my ranking, that is very rare.

Dr. Phd. BJ (Pikachu-PhD) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Cosplay Champion (Pikachu-Cosplay) (F) @ Light Ball
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off

Ransei (Pikachu-Rock-Star) (M) @ Light Ball
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch
- Water Shruiken

amino acid (Pikachu-Pop-Star) (F) @ Light Ball
Ability: Protean
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- King's Shield
- Earthquake

Luchadore Rin (Pikachu-Libre) (F) @ Light Ball
Ability: Pixilate
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- King's Shield
- Leech Seed

OG (Pikachu) (M) @ Light Ball
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Leech Seed

Replays/proof of ladder:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-345050591
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-346344365

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)