Big Fat Hairy Cun... [OU RMT]

Standard Garchomp RMT.. Or Is It? [OU RMT]

The Team At A Glance

You can be the judge. I suppose this team is quite stallish.

Toothbrush Abuser (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Roar
---
Starts off Sandstorm, Toxics Gliscor and Donphan and co. Roar scouts and Slack Off heals. Pretty standard.

Barry Chuckle (Probopass) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP/56 SAtk/200 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
---
Very underated. Beats Magnezone lacking Magnet Rise and Bronzong lacking Earthquake. It can also beat Heatran, as long as it is not Specs Fire Blast or Earth Power. Taunt screws Skarmory, and Thunderbolt beats it. Basically tries to remove the steel type.

Bug In Your Eye (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 28 HP/252 Atk/228 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
---
Needed to remove Starmie and co. Also there to revenge kill and clean up if Garchomp goes down.

You Didn't See This Coming (Garchomp) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/64 Spd/16 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Swords Dance
---
What a beauty. This thing is so amazing, I am surprised it has not been done before. As the steel type will hopefully be removed, Dragon Claw is able to sweep. It takes most attacks really well, Donphan Ice Shard is a 4HKO, Gliscor and Hippowdon Ice Fang is a 3HKO. You also need to factor in Sand Veil, making any move unreliable. Not afraid of status, and sets up in its sleep. Speed means it outruns neutral base 90s. Can also take one Ice Beam from Starmie and survive, but that is not exactly too good.

Lettuce Rape (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP/200 Def/20 Spd/48 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Light Screen
---
Secondary Gyarados counter. Light Screen helps my lack of much Special Defece, Recover heals Celebi, Grass Knot beats Ground types, and U-Turn helps with prediction.

Orgasm Face (Weezing) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Thunderbolt
---
Heracross and other fighters die here. My primary Gyarados counter as well. Once again, pretty standard.

So rate away, I will add a threat list if anyone wants one that badly.​

Very interesting Garchomp set. Odd. I guess it looks like it works. Now that I think about it...

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!

You have 3 weak to ice, which could be a problem except that you're pretty bulky. I don't know about Probopass, but if he works then no complaints. You seem to handle major threats well.
Nice job.

Very underated. Beats Magnezone lacking Magnet Rise and Bronzong lacking Earthquake. It can also beat Heatran, as long as it is not Specs Fire Blast or Earth Power.
You stated all the reasons to not use this for me. I mean why would you not use Magnezone over this? It handles Skarmory better, out spreads most Metagross FTW, laughs at Bronzong, subs in the face of Jirachi and wins (unless it rocks CM), I mean, its just better. With Magnezone's typing it can arguably even take hits better. For evs, just make sure it can out speed Metagross with Adamant nature, 252 Speed EVs as rare as that is.

I would highly recommend that you chose U-turn over X Scissor on Scizor. It does 50% damage to 252/128 (hp/def) Sassy Bronzongs which nearly all are and allows you to switch in a counter, its the best thing ever when people switch in a fire pokemon to rape it, they get U-truned just to see the face of Heatran, Blissy, or in your teams case....well you don't have anything that takes Sp Fire hits like a champ, so well get into that later. Also, I recommend Double Hit over Iron Head. Show things what the fuck is up when they try to sub in your face. Iron Head is only 120 base power with STAB where double hit is 104 with Technician with added benefits, including the ability to get 2 crits.

Also, 252 speed is a must so you can out speed Jolly T-Tar and OHKO it with U - Turn, and then switch in something you know the other team can't handle.

No need for two rest talkers. Weezing should be removed for something that can take special hits, I hate to say it but I think wish Blissy would be cool with this team. You could use wish support, as well as toxic/thunder wave support.

I chose Probopass over Magnezone for its special walling abilities. Because of sandstorm, it gets 636 special defence, which is honestly hard to break considering Specs Heatran Fire Blast 3HKOs.

You say there is no need for two restalker, but why? Pain Split is not a reliable form of recovery, where as Rest and Sleep Talk allows it to take status.

Garchomp is ONLY being brought out late game, or when I know I can wipe out the remainder of the opponents team. You can argue that the standard SubChomp will do better, but it does not possess the bulk that RestalkChomp has. People underestimate the defencive abilities it possesses. 108/95/85 is really quite good, combined with Sand Veil and you have a hard pokemon to take down.

I have been considering U-Turn over X-Scissor, but have not got around to editting the team as I have only been playing Metro recently.

There is not need for two rest takers because your team is bulky in general and there is something called a sleep clause. I mean considering the fact that Garchomp is better defensively than Swampert, you can make better use of your Weezing move slot. Its a set up fodder for CM poke for sure.

And with Probopass, your team is super speed weak in general and you don't need a Pokemon that is 4 times week to Fight and Ground when you don't have any immunity's to those types (ex for Weezing which we already know how I feel about) I mean, Magnezone can trap, set up, and sweep. Where as Probo can trap, and trap some more, and then die.

There is not need for two rest takers because your team is bulky in general and there is something called a sleep clause. I mean considering the fact that Garchomp is better defensively than Swampert, you can make better use of your Weezing move slot. Its a set up fodder for CM poke for sure.

And with Probopass, your team is super speed weak in general and you don't need a Pokemon that is 4 times week to Fight and Ground when you don't have any immunity's to those types (ex for Weezing which we already know how I feel about) I mean, Magnezone can trap, set up, and sweep. Where as Probo can trap, and trap some more, and then die.
Rest does not affect Sleep Clause.

Probopass can set up Stealth Rock, something it has over Magnezone. Probopass has a huge S.Def which you pointed out my team apparently lacks, even though it has Light Screen and a pokemon with over 600 S.Def.

Probopass two major weaknesses, Ground and Fighting. Well, Weezing automatically covers those two bases, but apparently you are against this Weezing. Well, Celebi happens to have a 2x resistance to each of those types, so I think that Ground/Fighting is covered well enough.

My team is slow, because it has no need to be fast. As I said at the top of my first post, this team could be considered similar to a stall team, working on bringing the opponent down slowly rather than with brute force.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)