NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I have a suspicion that the mafia is heavily a combination of experienced players. bleh

Like nuxl/texas/celever/sam all mafia

i wish i could see texas flip.. would give me a very good

i also don’t have good vibes from shadowpea

I mean maybe texas is town and that spot is just DLE and celever is buddying a town texas for town cred?

then mafia is like nuxl/celever/sam/shadowpea
Why do you analyse mine and Texas' relationship as me buddying Texas for town cred? Nuxl interpreted it as the other way around if our relationship is town/scum!

NGL I literally forgot about shadowpea's wild outburst ty for the reminder he's def on the cards for a vote tomorrow

Celever

i am town
I have a suspicion that the mafia is heavily a combination of experienced players. bleh

I mean maybe texas is town and that spot is just DLE and celever is buddying a town texas for town cred?

Why do you analyse mine and Texas' relationship as me buddying Texas for town cred? Nuxl interpreted it as the other way around if our relationship is town/scum!

NGL I literally forgot about shadowpea's wild outburst ty for the reminder he's def on the cards for a vote tomorrow
On closer reading you're the only player to read Eli as scum so it makes sense you would contradict. Interesting.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
Not gonna hammer, y'all can figure out the night actions, I'm gonna be playing golf w/ friends with... well... my friends.

I've seen US put me in the buddying group, which I find strange given how I've felt throughout this day (very fluctuating).

Sif's a good vote here and I'd put my vote on them were I not wanting the discussion to last as long as possible.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
According to the countdown in the OP we have 3 hours and 35 minutes. I can see that being wrong though since idk why Tommy would put deadline at midnight for himself

I'm not totally sure what you're asking. ATM I feel like investigative roles are pretty clear (target inactive players if it's role / alignment cop, target essentially Eli if you're a watcher / your most inactive scumread if you're a tracker since they get the faction kill)

The more we discuss the more the scum can work around right?
As opposed to now where there's no clear plan for village? .-.

you have to consider that people can just be incentivized to lead us in the wrong direction or plan to use early bussing later on

tho i think sificon is correct today for both sides
Nono I agree it wasn’t a dig that you think Eli is scum. Sam even said that it’s strange no one does considering Eli’s post content and I agree with that
in a 24 person game or whatever, scum has to make some correct scum reads or else they’ll get screwed later on.

I simply dont think eli’s posts are as pro-town as they could be if he was actively trying to scum hunt. But we’re agreeing so yeah

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
like I said earlier Haruno
How to use power roles:
Vig: shoot people who are going to get lynched anyway. Don’t shoot your scumreads unless you’re very sure. Shoot who town looks like they’re about to lynch

Doctor: protect PRs and TRs

Alignment cop: use cops on people you have no read on, who might also be useful to know the alignment of. so don’t use cops on people who are heavily SR’d. You’re looking for guilties on people who might coast for a long time

Rolecop: Instead of caring about your own reads like you would as an alignment cop, go for who you think is globally scumread. You’re essentially trying to keep ahead of the lynch train. If someone is getting lynched soon, you would expect them to claim as they get run up. Sometimes scum can claim something like town doctor or cop to at least flush out a counterclaim before you die. But you’re a rolecop. You’re fucking useless. So if the wagon starts getting pushed off, you can at the worst case come out with a counterclaim so that the real cop/dr can stay hidden. Ideally you don’t claim, and just try to influence the wagon.

Watcher/Trackers: You’re trying to get guilty results. You should watch people who are likely to be NK’d, you should track people who are likely to carry out NKs (scumreads, but usually the least suspected one of your scumreads). You’re trying to track people to dead people, and watch dead people get killed.

Item gifters: Give them to strong townreads who you don’t think are likely to die soon. If the scum strongman has been lynched, then give it to your strongest townread since that’s likely who the doctor will protect.

VTs: Provide cover for power roles. Ideally, all of the loudest and most townread people in the game should be VTs, and all of the PRs should be very middle of the road. Then scum has no idea who to kill.

Nuxl

in thread actions are sorta leaning into someone in that grouping either hard bussing anyway so i think this would be sloppy play from most people over the past few pages if this were the case yeah?

I can definitely see one or a few but I think the dichotomy makes things awkward for everyone u claim to be a team. Like it’s not like people are backing down or looking at other slots though because the fight has taken precedence over most things vocally here

I mean idk what to say at this point. I would say d3 thread probably is less conducive for the whole M2H/Texas thing given that Nuxl likely dies here. There is really no other strong townie read of mine who’s reads that I take with more than a grain of salt here. I honestly think scum!Texas probably runs me over tomorrow in the current environment.

Nuxl

Nuxl what do you think of my idea that me / Texas / M2H / Sam are all town and Caffeine pushed the disagreements we had into a power struggly fight to distract everyone?

Specifically if Caffeine is scum with a bunch of inactives I legit think this happened
100% the reason why this exists is protecting poe slots I think but unsure if it’s TvTvTvT for sure. My biggest hangup with Texas rn is that he’s not doing things I expect scum them to - at least rn? Not gonna make this clearer for future games

Why do you think it’s CB specifically?

Celever

i am town
100% the reason why this exists is protecting poe slots I think but unsure if it’s TvTvTvT for sure. My biggest hangup with Texas rn is that he’s not doing things I expect scum them to - at least rn? Not gonna make this clearer for future games

Why do you think it’s CB specifically?
Caffeine was the first person to actually verbalise a Sam & M2H vs Texas & Me dichotomy. It's not an insane read on the situation but I think outlining it like that is odd. Especially since Sam & M2H were for all intents and purposes significantly less buddy-buddy than Texas and I became; they agreed on a couple pushes and relied on each other's reads to self-legitimise their own, but they had minimal thread interaction. Also notably, I don't recall Texas ever shading Sam to a significant extent, making the dichotomy narrative he formed more incredulous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)