NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Pretty much all my town reads/leans boil down to "yeah I think I saw you post decent content"
All my scum reads/leans boil down to "you did this specific thing which I don't like"
Null people are people who haven't posted much because idk how the fuck i'm supposed to read an inactive player.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
UncleSam feels like you're approaching this game much more mechanically than i feel like you've displayed in games in the past on here so uh

1. why did you townread apricity D1?
2. do you have any reads that you can point back to as your own - it seems like your last post took account pre-flip associatives more

Nuxl

on a computer, just going to let my hands warm up while i try to dispense thoughts rn

to me i think that, walking into this game after a while (my last town game was on mafia universe and i ended up townreading literally everyone in the playerlist LOL) it's lowkey hard to focus because i don't think i know how to deal with people that i'm unfamiliar with yet. even then, my last noc on this site was like... two years ago LOL and my towncore was literally just four people because i recognized them basically instantly. i think that's growing on the case in this playerlist too where a lot of my reads are kind of something i'm more or less "sure" or "boxing in for now" and i tend to hyperfocus on the people i already know (either played w or know more about) because that's... easier and more in tune with HOW i learned to read people when learning this game. but even then people like unclesam and realiti are posting basically completely differently than they had years ago so i don't think it works out for some people anymore.

and then i feel like nobody's really interacted with me or my posts so it's hard to get the real time i want cuz i'm mainly the one prodding in my interactions. literally nobody has asked me for a readslist or anything or have felt like they're coming to think about my alignment more than they should out of a few. tldr i'm more concerned about the thread swinging in a way that leads to consensus read apathy which is pretty dangerous come lategame

before i go into my next few topics, there's a lot of new players in this game - which is why i asked about experience. what people find "nervous" and "wishywashy" scummy is confusing because i don't think that's scum indicative. i think some other things are but they're more related to what you'd... expect? of someone that claims they'd played mafia for a small amount of time. idk if i just wanna straight out what this means yet but maybe it'll help me today to find intention so i'm gonna keep it boxed for now.

so this being relevant: i don't really see the dyo push rn? i don't like townread him, but ignoring the fact that drookez entered the thread 20 minutes after realiti voted dyo without warning and then left which is like... definitely a thing that happened LOL

realiti can you give some reasoning behind why u think dyo is scum besides ur readslist which is the only thing i can grasp abt it - what do you find scummy?

Whydon i think i asked this yesterday but i'll ask it again, what percents of your posts r serious?

Celever why did you suggest the day would end with dyo/haruno votes?

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
UncleSam feels like you're approaching this game much more mechanically than i feel like you've displayed in games in the past on here so uh

1. why did you townread apricity D1?
2. do you have any reads that you can point back to as your own - it seems like your last post took account pre-flip associatives more
Have you literally ever played with me

There's a reason the meme used to be I only play OC and it's because I think the psychological aspect of NOCs is basically just rand voting and uninteresting, while the role mechanics side of things is what I think is the entire point of playing games like this

HOWEVER I do recognize that there is value in creating connections and legitimate pressure so that people can look back on it and use it as evidence in the future. Just don't expect me to be very enthusiastic about psychoanalyzing anybody lol

Anyway to respond to your questions:
1. In what possible universe does Apricity do that angleshoot as not-town. And yes I was townreading him well before that because he was the only person who really seemed to give a shit about generating content, pushing pressure onto people to force them to post more, thinking about things like villager fatigue, and trying to help people figure out what to do with their roles - but the angleshoot really sealed things in my eyes. What mafia player is trawling old threads looking to bait people and figure things out like that? Literally throughout the entire day everything he posted I could not see as coming from any perspective other than town. The only confusing thing to me is that you apparently don't get why people mostly townread him.
2. I mean I literally just pointed to the Texas - Celever connection as one I'd like to push today (and that you're conveniently ignoring / directing attention away from I might add), and on day 1 I specifically recall disliking one of Vizh's posts / reactions and trying to push on it though nobody seemed interested in following up on that once the Hydrogen thing came around

So ya not really sure that you put much thought into either of those questions but at least you're trying to push for reactions which is generally a pro at this stage. I do think you need to expand how you think about the game however and start honing in more on connections that are established and less on individual attitudes, in my experience individual reactions / attitudes are much less reliable when trying to sus out what isn't on the level

Can people please start pushing for more pressure on Texas it's silly that we just let people sit around trolling and nobody organizes to pressure anyone. This is literally how town apathy and disorganization sets in. We need more coordination, the fact that we have absolutely no plan for this day like...almost 12 hours in is embarrassing.

I have my plan and I am sticking by it for now. It is very important that people either follow it or explain explicitly why they don't want to / what their plan is for doing something tangible today.

For reference I am still voting Texas and sussing Celever as his partner.

Nuxl

Have you literally ever played with me

There's a reason the meme used to be I only play OC and it's because I think the psychological aspect of NOCs is basically just rand voting and uninteresting, while the role mechanics side of things is what I think is the entire point of playing games like this

HOWEVER I do recognize that there is value in creating connections and legitimate pressure so that people can look back on it and use it as evidence in the future. Just don't expect me to be very enthusiastic about psychoanalyzing anybody lol

Anyway to respond to your questions:
1. In what possible universe does Apricity do that angleshoot as not-town. And yes I was townreading him well before that because he was the only person who really seemed to give a shit about generating content, pushing pressure onto people to force them to post more, thinking about things like villager fatigue, and trying to help people figure out what to do with their roles - but the angleshoot really sealed things in my eyes. What mafia player is trawling old threads looking to bait people and figure things out like that? Literally throughout the entire day everything he posted I could not see as coming from any perspective other than town. The only confusing thing to me is that you apparently don't get why people mostly townread him.
2. I mean I literally just pointed to the Texas - Celever connection as one I'd like to push today (and that you're conveniently ignoring / directing attention away from I might add), and on day 1 I specifically recall disliking one of Vizh's posts / reactions and trying to push on it though nobody seemed interested in following up on that once the Hydrogen thing came around

So ya not really sure that you put much thought into either of those questions but at least you're trying to push for reactions which is generally a pro at this stage. I do think you need to expand how you think about the game however and start honing in more on connections that are established and less on individual attitudes, in my experience individual reactions / attitudes are much less reliable when trying to sus out what isn't on the level

Can people please start pushing for more pressure on Texas it's silly that we just let people sit around trolling and nobody organizes to pressure anyone. This is literally how town apathy and disorganization sets in. We need more coordination, the fact that we have absolutely no plan for this day like...almost 12 hours in is embarrassing.

I have my plan and I am sticking by it for now. It is very important that people either follow it or explain explicitly why they don't want to / what their plan is for doing something tangible today.

For reference I am still voting Texas and sussing Celever as his partner.
i havent played w you but i did read other nocs you were in! i asked because i don't know where your head is. it felt like you played your last game noc game here more noc-esque than this one so i was confused because looking over your posts you haven't... really established thoughts on people on d1. thought you were like one of the premier players before i came into the field so that behavior was pretty unusual to me. if your thought is this is a premier connection to hone in on, what do u make about the other wagons rn?

also i agreed that texas was off yesterday are you reading my posts LOL

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
unvote

vote texas

Sure I'll follow Sam's game. If not Texas, then I'd rather target idle crowd and then see if our town core survives.

If at some point I need to name who I should be targeting for mason, I'd be happy to do so otherwise I'm just going to go off gut feeling lmao.

Nuxl

Not all of them I guess! I made a very substantial post earlier... sorry you missed it miss crawdaunt miss crayfish miss flop

To post actual content here I haven't played forum mafia (seriously) for a solid like six years, and don't really know anyone's player metas or anything of that nature, so reads won't be based on that and I'll try to explain everything somewhat in depth

..when I get there
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hydreigon was robbed

uneasy about how little reading is being done into frequent posters and instead scum pushes have been more centered around like, dyo/haruno/laurel now, which is generally fair but it's heavily leaning into this and signals that there's likely at least a scum pairing among said frequent posters. loosening up my soft scum read on haruno after their partial mason post, feels oddly specific to come up with, and want to hear Celever's thoughts on this too
like the only one i've seen recently dissecting a frequent posters' posts in scum lighting is spiderz with m2h, other attention is diverted towards vets that haven't been talking a ton ex. dle/texas/laurel and then dyo for w/e reason. which is fair and expected, it's mafia and talk less = bad but with the lack of focus there, and two town down already, it gives the impression at least a scum or two are playing well & considered town by the majority of the game already

this is unintentionally vague but my confidence in current reads isn't sturdy enough to call anyone hardscum right now and i feel like i'd exacerbate things, when i have a better grasp on where i'd place everyone i'll do a broad overview of reads

psy's most town for me out of anyone after this, doubt he says this for smoke and mirrors as scum, as a new player:
quoting these 3 posts for reference btw :heart:

Clouds I get the paranoia but... does this actually impact your reads at all? Or are you just saying it as a worry? Feel like the intention with these latest posts compared to your actual hunting and figuring it out is foggy here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)