SS OU Bird Spam (Peak at 1879, #74 on ladder)

Bird Spam? What gen is this?!

maxresdefault.jpg

Proof of peak:

Sin título.png

Hi all. I made a Bird Spam team that has done pretty well. Bird Spam is an archetype that was very popular a couple of gens ago, when Gale Wings and Mega-Pinsir were still a thing. The good ol' days. Needless to say, Bird Spam has fallen off of a cliff ever since. But, I thought there were some good upsides for Bird Spam in this gen, so I gave it a shot. A decreased prevalence of Stealth Rocks and hazards in general, the introduction of Heavy-Duty boots, as well as some birds that have a natural resistance to Stealth Rocks, are just a couple of things that made me want to give Bird Spam a go.

With that said, here's the team.

pokemon_zapados_2x.png
3cb67608efbe3a2836d518caeddad52c.png

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Blaze Kick
- U-turn

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

The team was built around Zapdos-Galar and Hawlucha. The reason why I decided to build around these two, is because they pressure the same kind of Pokémon, putting a lot of strain on the same walls. Both of them also have a natural resistance to Stealth Rocks due to their Fighting typing. I also like the fact that one is an instant-hitter with its Choice Band, while the other is a set-up sweeper. Overall, they work very well together. U-turn on Zapdos-Galar is also great, because this team is all about momentum.

tapu_kokoz_grande.png

Tapu Koko @ Power Herb
Ability: Electric Surge
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Since we have Hawlucha, we need a Tapu. I decided to go with Tapu Koko for a couple of reasons. Firstly, thematically, it's the most bird-like of all the Tapus. Secondly, I need a terrain that gives Hawlucha +1 physical defense, not special defense, because I believe physical defense is better for Hawlucha and its typing. Thirdly, Tapu Koko has U-turn, which is important for the team. And lastly, Bird Spam is all about putting pressure on the same kind of walls to overwhelm them. And since Tapu Koko has a good attack stat, a good speed tier, and access to both Sky Attack and Brave Bird, this can put a lot of pressure on the opponent's Flying typing resist/wall. It's also a set that catches people by surprise.

260-Swampert.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Next, I needed Swampert. Birds are weak to Electric typing, and Volt Switch. I also set up Electric Terrain for them. So I need a Pokémon that can switch into those, and Swampert does the job. It is bulky, is a Ground typing, provides momentum with Flip Turn, provides Stealth Rocks and Toxic, all in one go.

8630-Mega-Mandibuzz.png

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Next up we have Mega Mandibuzz. I wish...
But normal Manidbuzz will do. Reasons for Mandibuzz are plentiful. It's a bird, so it fits thematically. I needed something to switch into Dark typing, Ghost typing, Psychic typing, Ground typing, something to wall Spectrier, Grass Spam, etc.. Also provides Defog and more U-turn momentum. Mandibuzz does it all.

801.png

Magearna-Original @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

Lastly, we have Magearna. I just needed something broken. And that's what Magearna is. Since it's a momentum team, there's nothing better than bringing in a Choice Specs Fleur Cannon. Everything dies to it. It also puts pressure on the same walls as the birds.

That's about it. Pretty solid team. It has super heavy hitters in Choice Band Zapdos-Galar and Choice Specs Magearna, it has 3 U-turners, 1 Flip Turner and 1 Volt Switcher to bring said heavy hitters in, and after you've decimated the walls, Hawlucha will usually sweep.

Some replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1268800897-wqd2906jgwrgytp4cvlvdsabw7mxhpspw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1268812669-fc8o3iz1nh6p2taaz8tgktsjxj0s3cdpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1268841762-2nuu573gkdeog6422156hdikix7xwslpw

Enjoy!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)