move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: Swords Dance
move 4: Leaf Blade / Substitute
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 AtK / 252 Spe

Set Description:

• Fast, good offensive typing and is able to boost effectively with SD
  • Base 91/72/128 defenses along with its Grass/Fighting typing gives it many chances to setup.
Additional Comments:

• Substitute can be used since it forces many switches.
  • Rock Polish can also be used in the Last Slot
Teammates & Counters:

• Pokemon that can take Fire and Ice Type attacks, Heatran and Bulky Waters come to mind.
  • Pokemon that Lure Dark Type Attacks
  • Skarmory Can take a +2 Stone Edge
  • Wobbuffet can Encore / Counter Birijion
[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Grass Knot / Giga Drain
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Reflect / Substitute / Taunt
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Set Description:

• Fast, good offensive typing and is able to boost effectively with CM
  • Base 91/72/128 defenses along with its Grass/Fighting typing gives it many chances to setup.
  • Reflect Allows it to Setup on physical Attacks
Additional Comments:

• Taunt to Block Phazing and Status
Teammates and Counters:

• Pokemon that can take Fire and Ice Type attacks, Heatran and Bulky Waters come to mind.
[Team Options]

• Wobbuffet can both bait Dark-type moves for Justice Heart boosts and take Fighting-type moves aimed at Birijion. Wobbuffet can also give Birigion a free setup opportunity with Encore
  • Teammates that set up entry hazards
[Optional Changes]

• Sacred Sword can be used over Close Combat, trading power in order to stay away from the Defense/Special Defense drops.
  • Can Run Cheer Up set, but inferior to SD for the most part
[Counters]

• Scarfed Pokemon who have a Super Effective move on Birijion ( EX: Heatran, Reshiram) , Mewtwo, Deoxys forms
[Dream World]

• Birijion does not have a Dream World ability.

I fixed some spacing issues, but otherwise this looks great. Good job, I'm marking this as meeting all rules now.

I am kinda disappointed that there isn't more to say. I haven't looked at its movepool and this is one of the 'mons I haven't actually used in battle, but is this really all the thing has to offer? If so, that's unfortunate, but 'oh well'.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Grass Knot / Giga Drain
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Reflect / Substitute / Taunt
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Set Description:

• Fast, good offensive typing and is able to boost effectively with CM
  • Reflect Allows it to Setup on physical Attacks
Additional Comments:

• Taunt to Block Phazing and Status
Teammates and Counters:

I think that must be Mirror Coat , right ?

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This Pokemon is excellent, though it's a shame it hasn't got too many options in its movepool. On with the sets themselves, what you have listed looks pretty good, Megan, I just want to make an aesthetic recommendation: since the name of the sets are, respectively, Swords Dance and Calm Mind, these moves should be the main options listed for each moveset.

QC APPROVED (1/2)

Just two nitpicks really quick; Grass-Fighting is shared by Breloom, and Birijion doesn't get Rock Polish.

Now on to the sets. I think Taunt should be mentioned along with Sub and Leaf Blade on the Swords dancing set, so you can't be phased out by Skarm and other phasers.

On the second set, I think that Energy Ball > Grass Knot. This way you can hit Starmie harder, along with a consistent BP. I think it 2HKOs Burugeru, can't do calcs right now.

I think that Sacred Sword should at least be mentioned in Additional Comments on the Swords Dance set instead of just Optional Changes since Virizion's solid defenses are one of its selling points.

A defensive set with Reflect/Light Screen could also work.

On the second set, I think that Energy Ball > Grass Knot. This way you can hit Starmie harder
Unless there's some significant KO you get from the 5 extra BP, Giga Drain is always superior to Energy Ball now due to recovery.

Starmie also takes the same damage from Grass Knot as it would from Energy Ball while Burungeru takes more damage from Grass Knot.

You could even split the CM set into separate offensive and defensive sets. The offensive one would be similar to the currently listed set, while the defensive one runs a bulkier EV spread which allows it to wall more things in the early/midgame while setting up more easily on special threats later. Kinda like offensive/defensive Celebi with its NP and CM sets. I've been using Biri for a while on PO and his special walling ability is really incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)