XY UU Bitter Ex-Girlfriends! (Peak: 1405 :/)

"All these copies of Y, but she wanted to be my X"

Introduction/About me (hiding because no1curr :/)
If you couldn't tell, I'm a bit of a "funny guy." A little humor never hurts. Anyway, welcome to my team! The (hilariously) low peak is put in the title because if I can make it that far on a first draft (albeit a first *final* draft, the original team had ungodly mistakes), I can actually get into top 500 if I have good help. This team was inspired by a recent breakup, one that made me realize how much I appreciate Amoonguss. After having had six failed relationships, this is how I amuse myself.

Alternate team names:
"#nonewfriends"
"Pokemon Ex and Why"
"Heartless Semi-Stall"
"[UU] Singles and Ready to Mingle"

Building Process

I wanted a slower-paced team that just had to have Amoonguss. Between Amoonguss as a special wall/physical pivot (BW2 says hi) and Slowbro as a physical wall, they usually last the entire game with their Regenerator. Bulky Arcanine is there to take any hits that my other teammates can't survive, and to complete a Fire Water Grass defensive core because I'm a guy who likes the simpler teams in this game.

anti-lead. I actually seldom lead with her unless Baton Pass/Trick Room is disgustingly obvious. She's more anti-setup, my team doesn't quite mind Rocks or even Sticky Web since most of it is not outspeeding anything anyway.

My two "speedy" offensive girls. I suppose this would make this a "semi-stall" team. Hydreigon has been great while Lucario has been alright. More on that when I get to the team profile.

I make sure to give plenty of wording so you understand why I made the choices I did, so GL HF if you're not a reader.

Miranda (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Regenerator
Calm
124 HP/136 Def/248 SpD

Spore
Clear Smog
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb

Miranda. How toxic she was to me. What better Pokemon to represent my smoking and most disgusting ex than the too-good-for-RU star herself? 248 Def Amoonguss seems to be the most common, but for this team the SpD was needed more. The EVs seem strange, I know. I made it so she is an adequate pivot for all moves that aren't Fire, Ice, Flying or Psychic. Her HP is exactly 400, and from what I've played so far she doesn't need any more. Spore is a damn staple for the freaky fungi, Clear Smog has become less popular but nobody sets up on the shroom. Giga Drain is choice, while Sludge Bomb has been looking to get canned for Stun Spore, though it does help me get key walls like Florges poisoned and Spore them while they waste away a turn for Aromatherapy. All five of the Pokemon on this team could change, but Amoonguss is who draws my long-term games to an end. As much as I hate to admit, Miranda was a tough girl.

Elyna (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Regenerator
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA

Slack Off
Calm Mind
Scald
Psyshock

Elyna wasn't always the quickest of wits. Whenever she did get hold of a good idea, it was hard to take that away from her. Slowbro shares those qualities with her Defense. Partnered with Amoonguss, this creates a near-immortal core that works due to Amoonguss' many resistances. The 248 Def/8 SpA or 8 SpD wasn't working as I found myself coming too close to dying from Mega Absol's Sucker Punch, resulting in me having to switch before getting any chance at a Scald burn off. Slack Off is her recovery, Thunder Wave is the oddball move here. It's to give Lucario, Arcanine and Hydreigon an easier time against the opponent's physical threats. Scald for STAB, and Fire Blast hurts those guys like Trevenant that Amoonguss can't really damage. Considered Ice Beam, but the chance to burn while hitting for SE damage really stuck out, and I don't mind flying types too much. Edit: changed TWave and Fire Blast for Calm Mind and Psyshock.

Haley (Arcanine) @ Rocky Helmet
Intimidate
Adamant
184 HP/72 Atk/252 Def

Morning Sun
Will-O-Wisp
ExtremeSpeed
Flare Blitz

Haley was always a dog. The "poops on the carpet but refuses to go outside" kind of dog, so this team member is aptly named. Moving on, I loved what a bulky Arcanine did for this team, more so than a sweeper set because Arcanine just doesn't have the stats for that. Rocky Helmet over Leftovers to chip damage off of pokemon that don't predict the switch-in. The EVs maximize Arcanine's survivability while giving her enough attack power to pick off some stragglers, and the odd HP lets her come in a good amount of times on Rocks, very important for setting up Morning Sun on slower Pokes. Will-O-Wisp to capitalize on Intimidate and maximum bulk, anything that isn't M-Absol feels the burn and does no physical damage to Arcanine. Usually leads to punishing poor switch-in choices. Flare Blitz and ExtremeSpeed are two of the finest attacking moves Arcanine's moveset allows, since the former hits everything for great damage and the latter picks off some of their low HP members without dying to faster SE moves.

Lucy (Sableye) @ Leftovers
Prankster
Careful
252 HP/252 SpD/4 Atk

Recover
Taunt
Will-O-Wisp
Knock Off

Lucy. There was always a lot that was strange about her. Very quiet, but deceptive. She even resembles Sableye, save for the purple color and jewel eyes. Anyway, this is my anti lead/setup Pokemon. She does her job. She usually isn't out first unless the odor of Trick Room/Baton Pass is so strong that I have no other choice. I chose Specially defensive because she needed to take Bug Buzz and other moves better when she Taunted poor little Galvantula out of a chance. No need to explain Recover and Taunt. Will-O-Wisp was to give her guaranteed survivability. Confuse Ray was nice, but it just wasn't consistent. Knock Off is my Baton Pass/poor switch-in killer, but Foul Play works just as well so I'll have to test both some more. Might change to the physically defensive set, because she's often throw-away bait for a safe switch vs M-Absol.

Chloe (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD

Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
U-Turn

Three heads are better than one, and Chloe was very smart. I actually respected her, so this title is of great honor. It's amazing how well Hydreigon goes with my team. Takes Ground attack relief off of Lucario and Arcanine, Fire and Psychic off of Amoonguss (Chloe can take a burn too) and Dark/Ghost off of Slowbro. She doesn't exactly sweep teams, but she punishes poor predictions and breaks down disgustingly menacing walls with her resistances. Scarf over Specs because Hydreigon doesn't care about Sticky Web and the speed is actually appreciated for cleanup or breaking. Draco Meteor hits at nuclear force, while all Trevenant can do is cower from Dark Pulse. Earth Power is because my first draft of this team was stopped by more M-Aggron and enemy Arcanine than I would care to admit, and Focus Blast because M-Absol does not a thing to Hydreigon with Sucker Punch. An absolutely amazing asset to this team.

Edit: Earth Power and Focus Blast changed to fire Blast and U-Turn.

Ashley (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Justified
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD

ExtremeSpeed
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Crunch

Ashley. The lean, mean stubborn machine herself. My most recent exploration of the female heart. She has very spotty performance. A lot of my games I found myself not really needing her, but then she'll take out a huge amount of the opposing team before she goes. Justified helps to ease Slowbro's time and to absolutely neuter Hydreigon, because specs Dark Pulse is barely a 2HKO on Lucario and if the opponent doesn't pull out (i do :pimp:) it gets the OHKO with Close Combat. ExtremeSpeed in favor of Close Combat because poor old Ashley can't outspeed the top Sucker Punch users in this tier. Close Combat requires no words, Earthquake is just all around a great attacking move. Rock Slide because I lied about not caring about Flying-types :)
Edit: nature changed from Jolly to Adamant. Changed EQ and Rock Slide for Swords Dance and Crunch.

Final team thoughts

*all of my exes had great butts.*

I put a lot of time into the team before I started on the ladder. I thought "peak" meant "highest I got before I lost" (i'm sort of new to online simulator competitive tbh :/) so maybe if it didn't mean that I would have gotten a top 500 spot. Earlier drafts on this team included Flygon over Lucario, an offensive Arcanine, Rotom-H (which for the record was not bad but simply did not fit the role I needed it to) and Milotic. I encountered far less Baton Pass than I expected, so maybe this team has a good matchup against them but I'd have to test more. Trick Room made me angry, but Sableye was the win condition in those matchups (even though I only saw 3.) All in all, the one thing I'd say I'm missing is a hazard clearer. Arcanine can come in on the rocks but when I'm trying to whittle down a physical attacker she doesn't appreciate it when she doesn't have any room to get a Morning Sun off. I'd like some great constructive feedback, and please be respectful. I hope you appreciate the comedy in this post, and I hope you give my team serious suggestions on how to make it better. If you like the team, all I ask of you is that you keep the nicknames. Lemme just get into these threats that beat my girls up like they were named Rihanna Turner. Plenty of pokemon give me a nuisance (any good player's team should be challenging) but these 3 are really problematic for me.

Sets up on me quite good. Even if Sableye taunts it, it still can't be Will-O-Wisp'd. If it gets a SD without a Scald Burn, i'm forced to use my Lucario early to trick it with ExtremeSpeed and Close Combat. Luckily, +2 Sucker Punch doesn't bother Luke.

Not quite this Pokemon, but it combined with its team support annoys my team. Amoonguss can't touch it, Arcanine is easily predicted and walled by another team member, and if it's the specially defensive build, Hydreigon isn't touching it. My best bet at getting damage to scare it away for a while is to force it out with Hydreigon, because even the SpD variants don't have anything that can kill Hydreigon. It isn't that hard to beat, but gives my team quite a nuisance.

Arcanine can be a bit unpredictable at first. Unable to be burned, it makes it even harder to prepare for whatever set it does carry. Intimidate is good on bulky and sweeper sets, so that's no way to tell. Bringing in Slowbro is risky business because it might have Wild Charge. The best way I can beat this is to get Hydreigon to gauge its set.

Importable​
Miranda (Amoonguss) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 SDef / 136 Def / 124 HP
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Haley (Arcanine) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Elyna (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Lucy (Sableye) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover

Chloe (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-Turn

Ashley (Lucario) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

Last edited:
Earth power and focus blast are redundant coverage moves I personally would switch them for fire blast to hit the steel types in the tier and then u-turn to provide offensive momentum on Pokemon hydregion can't handle like florges or umbreon. Also jolly isn't needed on lucario when you havepriority extemespeed I would switch it to adamant to get the most power out of him in a tier full of bulky walls. Everything else seems solid good job on the team. Also those girlfriend references had me laughing haha.

Earth power and focus blast are redundant coverage moves I personally would switch them for fire blast to hit the steel types in the tier and then u-turn to provide offensive momentum on Pokemon hydregion can't handle like florges or umbreon. Also jolly isn't needed on lucario when you havepriority extemespeed I would switch it to adamant to get the most power out of him in a tier full of bulky walls. Everything else seems solid good job on the team. Also those girlfriend references had me laughing haha.
Appreciate the input! The changes have been made in the op. Glad I could make you laugh lol.

hey, i can see you put a decent amount of work in this team (unlike the others posted here lol). there's a few changes i;d make;

change slowbro's set to scald / calm mind / psyshock / slack off. i know you already have Amoonguss for Suicune, but CM Slowbro overall is one of the best tanks in the tier, and twave just isn't /that/ good on slowbro, especially without psyshock. get rid of fire blast because anything that is hit by it is taken care of by arcanine and you can just scald them anyway to get a burn.

Change Lucario's set to Swords Dance / Close Combat / Extreme Speed / Crunch or Ice Punch; I really don't know why you'd run all-out attacking Lucario, since it's just underwhelming in all aspects, and lacks the raw power to clean late game. The last moveslot is purely preference; Crunch hits fat mons like Slowbro and Mew while Ice Punch is solely for Gligar. This also fixes your problem with Trevenant, as Lucario covers a wide portion of the metagame without being walled by it consistently (idk why you'd have trouble with it anyway but w/e).

hey, i can see you put a decent amount of work in this team (unlike the others posted here lol). there's a few changes i;d make;

change slowbro's set to scald / calm mind / psyshock / slack off. i know you already have Amoonguss for Suicune, but CM Slowbro overall is one of the best tanks in the tier, and twave just isn't /that/ good on slowbro, especially without psyshock. get rid of fire blast because anything that is hit by it is taken care of by arcanine and you can just scald them anyway to get a burn.

Change Lucario's set to Swords Dance / Close Combat / Extreme Speed / Crunch or Ice Punch; I really don't know why you'd run all-out attacking Lucario, since it's just underwhelming in all aspects, and lacks the raw power to clean late game. The last moveslot is purely preference; Crunch hits fat mons like Slowbro and Mew while Ice Punch is solely for Gligar. This also fixes your problem with Trevenant, as Lucario covers a wide portion of the metagame without being walled by it consistently (idk why you'd have trouble with it anyway but w/e).
Thanks! Changes applied in the OP. CM Slowbro is so clutch man.

Hi buddy, looks like your team is a bit stuck with the removal of Slowbro :[ Nevertheless i'm here to make a few suggestions.

Firstly, in replacement of Slowbro, I would run Swampert. Swampert is a great Physical Wall much like Slowbro and also synergises well with Amoonguss. Swampert also gives your team Stealth Rock, which you were lacking for and is something pretty much vital to the success of any UU team.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

My second suggestion would be to change Sableye to Togekiss. Togekiss can provide Defog support + act as a good Mega Absol, Trevenant and Arcanine check/counter. Togekiss also gives you a better Hydreigon switch in since that was also something that could pose a huge threat to your team. It also provides quite a scary Special sweeper if given the opportunity to set up and can aid in breaking walls for Lucario to sweep more easily late game.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Defog

The Speed evs allow you to outspeed most Nidoqueen spreads and stuff like Defensive Roserade so you can hit them with Air Slash before you get hit with Sludge Bomb. The rest are thrown into Defense and HP in order to sponge potential Iron Tail from Mixed LO Hydreigon. Also if you wanted to run a Mega and something that would help with Togekiss you could try Mega Ampharos but this is your team so I would want to change too much of it :]

As for minor changes I think you would be better off running Foul Play over Sludge Bomb on Amoonguss since Foul Play can let you clean OHKO a lot of SD Pokemon that would try and set up on Amoonguss. And Maybe Toxic over Will-O-Wisp on Arcanine so you aren't Chandelure set up fodder.

That's all from me though, good luck with your team and hopefully you can get to that peak :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)