Black and Blues

One of my all time favorite pokes is Hydreigon. It's one of those threats that don't have ANY counters that don't fear a supereffective move. So playing on this, I made this team right here that incorporates Hydreigon's ability to just come in and destroy anything the opponent sacrifices, with VoltTurn. This comes together for a threatening, annoying and amazing team that I call "Black and Blues".

Hydreigon@Life Orb
Trait:Levitate
4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
Naive
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Superpower

This three headed dragon, one of the most underrated of the pseudo-legends just because of one thing really, it measly average speed. Despite this though, it's a force to reckon with and can kill almost anything in one hit. Dragon+Fire gives perfect coverage but the only thing stopping this is Heatran which doesn't like superpower. This set is an amazing counter for skarmbliss since it does a butt load to either one of them with FB and SP respectively. Roost helps me heal the life orb recoil and improves its survivabiltiy and ability to stay around.

Landorus-T@Leftovers
Trait:Adamant
200 HP/64 Atk/244 Def
Adamant
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn

Lando offers some key resistances to common fighting types and ground types (immunity, not resistance) and makes a great lead. VoltTurn obviously causes a lot of switches on both sides so any residual damage is very nice as well as breaking Multiscale, sashes, sturdy and volcarona leaving room for my team to do big damage. The same role as terrakion,set up SR and proceed to do big damage with EdgeQuake coverage.

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Trait:Seren Grace
252 HP/252 SpD/4 Spe
Sassy
-Thunder
-Iron Head
-Ice Punch
-Healing Wish

My other "lead" for rain teams, 100% Thunder is threatening to most rain abusers. Though surcumstantial, it's good to have an electric attack other than volt switch. And with fhe para, comes the flinch making the annoying paraflinch combo that everyone hates. I have no idea why but most of the time, jirachi kills dragons that are 4x weak to ice. People don't think it has ice punch or something and comes in to set up DD but ends up dying by the end of the turn. I run Healing Wish to create Hydreigon Terrorizes 2. Most of the time I find it works pretty well.

Rotom@Chesto Berry
Trait:Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Rest

Very good VoltTurn core with scizor and a perfect anti-rain even though I didn't really need it, it's still nice to have a counter. This set is pretty standard other than RestoChesto. After seeing no lefties, people expect its choice and assume I'm locked into hydro pump until I switch into hidden power. Done. Resto Chesto can be very useful other than the mind games as well, completely curing it for some more havoc.

Scizor@Choice Band
Trait:Technician
248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit
-U-Turn

Scizor and Rotom are basically made for each other, resisting each others main weaknesses (being fire and grass respectively) and offers great switch ins into one another. Pretty much a standard banded scizor, dual priority in case BP is resisted and scizor is on its last stand then Quick attack is a viable choice. Pursuit can kill any psychic or ghosts that try to come in and won't survive.

Breloom@Life Orb
Trait:Technician
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Adamant
-Spore
-Bullet Seed
-Swords Dance
-Mach Punch

Most people don't know what is right for techlooms last slot, putting in Focus punch or low sweep but they can be very bad choices. Focus punch can be stopped by ghost types or protect and only gives people a free turn. Low sweep doesn't help if you have priority Mach punch already. Swords dance however can force a switch and get a free boost. Late game sweep for breloom.

So anyways, hope you like my team and any help would be appreciated. Obviously it has some flaws and I could really use the help identifying these. Thanks in advance!

Shout out to Jirachi for the lando set and some other changes. Also, a new rachi is under testing.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I wanted to rate this for a while but never really found the time to, but now here I am!!!

This is a cool team, however I think it could use some improvement. Your team gets curbstomped by Fighting typed Pokemon. Things like SD Terrakion/Breloom will sweep you pretty easily, and the revenge killing / wallbreaking versions will do a lot of damage to your team. The main reason for this is that you have no Fighting resist, so they can spam Close Combat without worrying much about what you're going to switch into them, since everything on your team will take over 50% anyway. I think that you could change your Terrakion to a Landorus-T. Landorus-T offers great resistances to types such as Fighting and Ground and gives a great pivot especially for a weatherless team like yours. It set up Stealth Rock so you're not losing any hazards, and it can contribute to voltturn chains with Scizor and Rotom-W. I think that this change would really help your team.

While Hydreigon is certainly a powerful Pokemon that is difficult to counter, I don't think it's the best scarfer around. Draco Meteor pretty much kills any momentum you have after using it, and while it does revenge Dragons, Hydreigon isn't fast enough to outspeed the faster ones like Salamence. Hydreigon usually is a much better wallbreaker, as a Life Orb allows it to abuse its unresisted coverage and lets it break any wall. With Roost, it can use its bulk and heal any residual damage taken, meaning it's durable even with the Life Orb. With this set, Hydreigon will be much more effective.

However you do need a reliable revenge killer, otherwise you will get swept by a number of threats who just set up on your Choice locked Pokemon. I think that your Jirachi set isn't really effective. You're trying to do too much with it. Jirachi usually is pretty ineffective when it comes to wall stuff without Wish's recovery, and your current set is too slow to pull off Healing Wish. I suggest that your change your set to a Choice Scarf one. Jirachi is a great scarfer since it has a lot of coverage, allowing it to revenge kill a lot of stuff, it also gets U-turn so it can keep the momentum easily, and lastly, you can sweep weakened teams with Iron Head. It resists Dragon moves so you can revenge most Outraging Dragons with it pretty easily. It also fits pretty well in your voltturn core!

I suggest you try out Superpower over Quick Attack on Scizor. While Quick Attack is cool for hitting things like Rotom-W, a resisted Bullet Punch isn't much less powerful than a neutral Quick Attack, so you can definitely live without it. Superpower, however, is Scizor's best mean of hitting Steel types, especially Heatran and Ferrothorn. If you can nail Heatran on the switch with it, Scizor will have a much easier time afterward. Ferrothorn can also be pretty annoying for voltturn teams since it can lay down a ton of hazards easily, so OHKOing it is neat.

Here are the sets you should use:

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
~Earthquake
~Stealth Rock
~Stone Edge
~U-turn

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Levitate
Mild
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Superpower
~Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Serene Grace
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Iron Head
~Ice Punch
~Fire Punch
~U-turn

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the rate :) I've tried out lando and it does wonders now. Before I was always scared of keldeo/terrakion and especially anything with stab Mach punch. I will try out those sets for rachi and Hydreigon when I have the time. As for superpower on scizor, I've tried it out and it doesn't really work out for me. But I will run it, just need to work on that prediction. Thx again!

Wow! Jirachi, those sets are really working out for me :) Though I do miss being able to wish pass with Jirachi, its a great rvenge killer though. The only problem I have now is fire types such as darmanitan and infernape...they everything on my set but with landoten i should be okay. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)