Black Friday

Black Friday (in the US at least, not sure elsewhere) at least is the kick-off for the holiday shopping season, where stores open early (J.C Penny opened at 4 AM) and slash prices big-time. People camp out and rush in there all excited to get discounts, lines are long, and things sell out quickly.

As for me, I woke up at 6 AM and waited about a half-hour in line to pick up two 2GB Sandisk Cruzer Micro drives for $15 each at Office Depot.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Good grab. Yeah I've never attempted to go out the day after Thanksgiving for shopping since I hate shopping when loads of people are around. It's just too busy for my liking and unless I have a dead set purpose it takes me more than 2 seconds to decide what I'm buying so I can't just get in and get out.

I likewise woke up at 3 AM, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a a 2GB Kodak SD Card and some generic 2 GB Flash drive. I then went to Sears to get 1,000 bucks back on a TV I had bought previously which was now on sale. Afterwards, Circuit City to pick up a camcorder. After 3 hours of line, I left that store with a 2GB SanDisk SD Card and a 2GB SanDisk USB FlashDrive but no cam. I'll return the lesser qaulity Wal-Mart stuff later in the week. Still pissed I waited 3 hours and then they tell me they sold out of the cam I wanted. Circuit City has horrible customer service, or at the very least, not enough cash registers.

Woke up at 4:45, went to circuit city, dad didnt wanna wait in line so went home :/. Now I have to wait until Sat. to get my laptop. :

Not worth it IMO, takes like 30 minutes to find a parkin spot at most places, and then the wait in line is unbelieable. The only thing worth it is if you actually buy big shit, like a TV, entertainment system or computer or some shit. Otherwise, I'd just pass. =/

I saw this on the news, at a Frys near my city, people were yelling at each other, shoving each other etc etc.

I have a question though,
when the prices are lowered, they're for the whole season right? the whole shopping season

Or is it more along the lines of, the day after thanksgiving there a HUGE price slash on everything, and then after that it's just a normal price reduction?

Or is it more along the lines of, the day after thanksgiving there a HUGE price slash on everything, and then after that it's just a normal price reduction?
This is right.

I despise Black Friday. I had to work from 4:00 to 21:00, with three 30 minute breaks.

I went to Best Buy at 5 AM and waited 30 mins. to buy a PS3. Not to mention I froze my ass off in the line. When I got there, I found they had TONS ready and I probably could of just went later in the day and bought it. For anyone that cares, I bought the $400 40gig system.

I saw this on the news, at a Frys near my city, people were yelling at each other, shoving each other etc etc.
I used to work for Fry's a few years ago, and I worked a Black Friday. Not good times. The checkout line was 4 1/2 hours long. They had to have someone stand at the end of the line holding a big sign that read "End of the Line". Oh, and I had to work from 6:00 AM until around 1:00 AM.

I didn't even go to sleep. My friends and I just left at like 3:30 am and my one friend picked up a 32 inch TV for a 150 dollar discount. The cool thing about it was that despite the fact that the line looked like it was going for miles, He saw what he wanted lying on a shelf, so he just pushed the price sign out of the way, paided for it and he was out of there in 10 min. This was at circuit city by the way.

Fry's was 3 and a half hours for me. however i took 3 magazines and 2 books they were selling to read in line! in the end, i didn't buy any books but got a really cheap wireless router, more memory for my comp, and a 2G flash drive.

are you talking about friday the 30th? i've never heard of discounts on that day, probably because there's no thanksgiving here in germany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)