Blissey (BW2 Revamp - QC 3/3) (GP 2/2)

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Approvals: Fuzznip, BKC, ginganinja

[Overview]

<p>Say hello to Blissey, considered to be the best special wall throughout the generations. Sadly, with generation 5, Blissey's usefulness has diminished. Powerful special sweepers were brought into the metagame along with the introduction of Psyshock, meaning Blissey cannot be the special wall she once was. Keldeo, Alakazam, Latios, and Jirachi are all special attackers that Blissey just can't seem to handle. Blissey also faces stiff competition from Chansey, who has a lot more bulk whilst holding an Eviolite. Jirachi and Celebi also give Blissey competition as a special wall, as they have offensive presence and a much better typing. However, unlike Chansey, Blissey can hold Leftovers, allowing her to negate the residual damage from sand, hail, and entry hazards, making it much harder to wear her down. Her HP is the highest of any Pokemon and she can make use of it with massive Wishes that can heal more than 300 HP for her teammates. Blissey is considered to be the best cleric in OU, thanks to her fantastic support movepool and incredible special bulk. While Blissey isn't perfect, and is often setup bait for a lot of sweepers, she's usually the best cleric for weather stall teams, and must be considered when building a stall team.</p>

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Wish / Softboiled
move 2: Protect / Aromatherapy
move 3: Toxic / Thunder Wave
move 4: Seismic Toss / Flamethrower
item: Leftovers
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Calm
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Blissey is one of the best choices if your team needs a special wall. This is mainly because of Blissey's incredible HP stat and solid special defense, allowing it to sponge nearly any special attack. This set is often compared to Chansey, who is bulkier, but the key advantages to using Blissey are Leftovers recovery and a usable Special Attack. This means that Blissey is more suited to weather based stall teams, as having hail or sand damage chip away at your health is very unpleasant.</p>

<p>Wish allows Blissey to fully heal many Pokemon regardless of whether they invest in HP themselves thanks to Blissey's incredible HP stat. Protect should only be used with Wish, as it allows Blissey to receive the Wish and scout the opponent. Softboiled is another option to reduce Blissey's reliance on Wish for recovery, and is generally a better option if you're using Blissey as a cleric instead of a Wish passer.</p>

<p>Aromatherapy allows Blissey to heal her teammates and prevents Blissey from being Toxic stalled, allowing Blissey to further support the team. Toxic allows Blissey to wear down the opponent, and is Blissey's main way of damaging the opponent, which works well in conjunction with Protect. Thunder Wave has been slashed to better deal with fast sweepers like Venusaur and Volcarona while also statusing Fighting-types such as Lucario and Terrakion on the switch. Seismic Toss prevents Blissey from becoming complete setup bait by sweepers (especially most Substitute users trying to avoid Toxic), and allows her to reliably damage the opposition without worrying about her low offenses. However, Flamethrower hits most Steel-types immune to Toxic hard, such as Forretress, Scizor, and Ferrothorn, and makes Blissey a better counter to Venusaur. Keep in mind that it fails to guarantee a 2HKO on Ferrothorn and is less effective in a rain-filled metagame.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs have been used to maximize defenses while a Calm Nature is used to allow her to absorb special attacks more easily. Wish can be paired with Softboiled to reduce Blissey's dependence on receiving Wish, but Protect is generally better, as it allows you to scout your opponent and Toxic stall as well as gain some health back with Leftovers. If you decide to use Blissey without either Wish or Aromatherapy, Flamethrower can be used in the second slot in tandem with Seismic Toss. Fire Blast can be used in place of Flamethrower to 2HKO Skarmory and Ferrothorn, but its measly amount of PP is an issue for a defensive Pokemon, and is useless when facing rain teams.</p>

<p>Blissey functions well on stall and other defensive teams that appreciate the utility of Wish and can cover Fighting-types and physical attackers in return. Jellicent fits stall teams nicely, as Jellicent spinblocks and can come in on Fighting-types such as Terrakion and Infernape which often switch in on Blissey. Meanwhile Blissey can heal Jellicent from status. Latias also has great synergy with Blissey, as it takes on Fighting-type attackers such as Breloom and Keldeo, both of which can easily muscle through Blissey. Pairing Skarmory up with Blissey creates the "SkarmBliss" core. Unfortunately, this core has become less effective this generation thanks to mixed attackers such as Keldeo, Infernape, Hydreigon, and Kyurem-B. Bulky Grass-types such as Celebi, Roserade, and Amoonguss can all check Keldeo, and at the same time check Breloom, making them pretty decent partners for Blissey.</p>

<p>Entry hazards are annoying for Blissey to switch into, so having a spinner is important. Tentacruel and Forretress can both Rapid Spin and appreciate Blissey's huge Wishes and her ability to come in on special attacks. However, Tentacruel is only a good spinner in rain, so defensive Starmie is also a very viable option, as Starmie has decent synergy with Blissey, being able to come in on Fighting-types such as Keldeo and Terrakion. Ferrothorn can check Dragon Dance users, as well as Latios and Kyurem-B, but they share a Fighting weakness, meaning that you have to be careful when using both Ferrothorn and Blissey on the same team. Finally, Landorus-T is one of the best switch-ins to Terrakion and Scizor, two Pokemon that often use Blissey as setup bait.</p>

<p>The main advantages of using Blissey over Chansey is that Blissey is better in weather-based teams, so Hippowdon, Abomasnow, and Tyranitar all make for good partners. If you're using a rain or sun team, or a weatherless team, be sure to check if Chansey isn't a better option for your team. Also be wary that pairing Blissey with Tyranitar or Abomasnow increases your weaknesses to Fighting-type attacks, so make sure you cover their weaknesses.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Stealth Rock is a move that literally every team must have, but there are so many Pokemon that learn it, so Blissey should rarely ever need it. Stealth Rock also allows you to stall out Gengar, but has little use outside of that. Blissey also has many other special attacks, but she really does not have the space for them, and they are pitifully weak for such a low uninvested Special Attack.</p>

<p>Blissey can use Calm Mind to boost her high Special Defense and her mediocre Special Attack, but she is still weak to physical attacks and is often forced out pretty quickly. Light Screen is an option, but is better left to Pokemon like Cresselia or Bronzong that have access to Reflect as well. Serene Grace increases the chances of secondary effects, like Ice Beam's chance to freeze, but Natural Cure is generally the better option because Blissey generally does not stay in for too many turns. Natural Cure also allows Blissey to recover from poison, which would otherwise cripple her. Counter and Gravity are less orthodox options, but can work due to Blissey's insane HP stat.</p>

<p>Specifically, Gravity also allows you to use more powerful moves on Blissey, such as Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire Blast, but it's gimmicky at best. Skill Swap can be used to stop Reuniclus from destroying your team, but Blissey is hit hard by Psyshock. Psych Up has some value in that it can go through Substitutes and this steals defensive boosts like a Quiver Dance or a Calm Mind boost from a Jirachi, Reuniclus, or Celebi, but it has little use outside of that. Blissey has some gimmicky options in Defense Curl, Sing, and Charm, but Blissey has better things to do.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The large list of Fighting-types in OU are the best way to keep Blissey in check; Terrakion, Breloom, Keldeo, Infernape, Conkeldurr, and Lucario are all Pokemon that can switch in pretty easily and force Blissey out. However, they must be wary of Thunder Wave. Any strong physical attacker with high-powered STAB attacks or Fighting-type coverage can muscle past Blissey. Kyurem-B has a titanic base 170 Attack and a strong STAB in the form of Outage, while Blissey can't scratch it back. Strong Ground- and Dragon-types like Garchomp, Choice Band Dragonite, and Double Dance Landorus-T can easily get past Blissey or force it out.</p>

<p>Jirachi is immune to Toxic and can set up 101 HP Substitutes to allow it to get multiple Calm Minds in without getting worn down by Seismic Toss. It can also paralyze Blissey and flinch her down with Iron Head, or even trick a Choice Scarf onto her. Other bulky Calm Mind sweepers like Reuniclus also give it hell thanks to Magic Guard and Recover. Stallbreakers like Gliscor, Reuniclus, and Gengar easily force Blissey to switch. Gliscor is immune to status thanks to Poison Heal and can Taunt Blissey due to its higher base Speed. Reuniclus has Magic Guard and can use Blissey as setup bait. Gengar is immune to Toxic and Seismic Toss and can use Blissey's own health to its advantage via Pain Split and can also carry Taunt.</p>

<p>While Blissey used to take on most Psychic-types easily, with the release of Psyshock, it's a much different story. Latios, Alakazam, and Reuniclus can get past Blissey easily with this attack, as it attacks Blissey on her much lower physical defense. Other Trick users, like Latios and Rotom-W, cripple Blissey by replacing her beloved Leftovers with a handicap.</p>

Last edited:
Uhh, if both Fuzznip and AG approved it, shouldn't it be 2/3 and written?
Anyway,I'd put conk before infernape as it's like the best counter with guts and DP and infernape is outclassed shit.
EDIT- You're welcome ^^ i wanted to do this

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ANYTHING

think cb nite. think mixed kyurem-b. think specs psyshock from latios and keldeo's secret sword. you know what i mean.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't say it is "anything". You can't just say you run a physical attacker therefore you're no longer have to worry about Blissey. Bulky Landorus-T, Donphan, Dugtrio, and Hippowdon are all physical attackers that don't get past Blissey. I know this is stretching it, but I don't want the viewer thinking that if they have a physical attack they can get past Blissey.

Edit: If other people fill I should make the change, then I will.

Last edited:
Ehhh... I wouldn't say "any physical attacker" either because that's not entirely true. It's just any of the ones with high Attack and high-powered STAB attacks. Instead of saying "boosting move," just mention that any strong physical attacker with high-powered STAB attacks or Fighting-type coverage can muscle past Blissey. Then you can mention examples of such. For example, mention Garchomp and Dragonite's Outrage, Landorus-T's Earthquake, Tyranitar's Stone Edge, etcetc. Also, remove Crobat from the stallbreakers mention because Crobat is pretty irrelevant in OU as far as I'm concerned.

If I'm not mistaken, you're missing something about Psyshock users in the C&C section, so that should be included.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Make sure you mention Venusaur and Volcarona in the list of sweepers that Blissey can use Thunder Wave on. Honestly, I don't know how often you're going to stay in on Lucario or Terrakion with Blissey. Sure you can hit them on the switch, but Venusaur and Volcarona (and maybe Alakazam) are definitely the main reasons to run it.

Make sure you mention Venusaur and Volcarona in the list of sweepers that Blissey can use Thunder Wave on. Honestly, I don't know how often you're going to stay in on Lucario or Terrakion with Blissey. Sure you can hit them on the switch, but Venusaur and Volcarona (and maybe Alakazam) are definitely the main reasons to run it.
You're better off using Toxic on Volcarona to stop it from pulling off a Quiver Dance sweep, so I personally wouldn't include it. Venusaur and Alakazam are fine options to mention.

Thunder Wave kind of acts as a defense mechanism in the sense that most sweepers would rather not take the opportunity to set up against Blissey (Lucario, Terrakion) in fear of being paralyzed, since that basically shuts them down harder than Toxic does in most cases. This could at least lure in their STAB attacks instead for you to switch into an appropriate counter. I mean, just in general, if Blissey is using Thunder Wave, most players would be far more hesitant to switch in their sweeper (some exceptions to Thunder Wave immunities) against it to capitalize on its vulnerability, as sweepers are typically far more crippled by paralysis than poison. That's at least how I see it.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pairing Skarmory up with Blissey creates the infamous "SkarmBliss" core, a near unbreakable defensive core.
Reword this please. SkarmBliss is an exceptionally good core, I am not denying this, however this isn't DPP: there are several common pokemon that rip apart that core (just off the top of my head keldeo with Rain support very much can take on both of the above), and general popular stallbreakers are arguably popular simply because they don't lose to this core (for instance Kyurem-B, Hydreigon, Salamence I guess etc. Thus, calling it near unbreakable, is potentially something I would reword, as its much easier to break in BW2 than perhaps it was in DPP.

-Mention Starmie in the spinners option as its potentially a better option than Tentacruel if your running a Sand team (Starmie is generally a pretty reliable spinner these days). Thats my personal opinion although I guess if everyone disagrees then go with them on that.

I would potentially mention Kyurem-B in checks and counters as well. It fits better than Double Dance Landorus-T (which hates Skarmory, a common partner), and generally threatens the shit out of stall teams.

OO Psych Up. Yes, the move is shit, but has "ok" utility value in that it can go through substitutes and this steal defensive boosts like a Quiver Dance or a CM boost from a Jirachi, Reuniclus or Celebi. Sure, most of those mons have Psyshock anyway (hence the OO mention), and its potentially as good as some of the other OO moves you mentioned.

Everything else looks fine, make the above changes and then we can see about giving this its final approval

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
ginganinja

I've re-worded the Skarmbliss part.

"Pairing Skarmory up with Blissey creates the infamous "SkarmBliss" core. The general idea behind the core is that Skarmory takes physical attackers, while Blissey takes on special attacker. Unfortunatly, this core has been less effective as generations pass, thanks to mixed attackers like Keldeo, Infernape, Hydreigon, and Kyurem-B easily beating this core."

I've added more detail to Tentacruel and added Starmie.

"However, Tentacruel is only a good spinner in Rain, so defensive Starmie is also a very viable option, as Starmie has decent synergy with Blissey as Starmie can come in on Fighting types like Keldeo and Terrakion."

I've added Kyurem-B to the counters section, but I plan to keep Landorus-T, as it easily forces it out.

"Kyurem-B has a titanic base 170 attack and a strong STAB in the form of Outage, while Blissey can't scratch it back."

I've added Psych Up to OO with your description.

"Psych Up has some value in that it can go through substitutes and this steals defensive boosts like a Quiver Dance or a CM boost from a Jirachi, Reuniclus or Celebi, however it has little use outside of that."

Thanks for taking a look at this.

SS, I saw this and wanted to give some input, so here goes.
[Overview]
  • I'm not sure about the first line. IMO it should be changed. Anyone can feel free to disagree.
  • 'Sand' and 'Hail' should not be capitalized as they are the weathers themselves and not the moves.
[SET]
'SDef' should be 'SpD'

[SET COMMENTS]
  • There should be only two paragraphs imo, I don't think you need to mention each move separately. Also in the first sentence of the last paragraph, it should be 'Steel-types' or Steel-type Pokemon and not Steels. Also mention that Flamethrower HITS Venusaur hard, allowing it to beat it 1v1, which would be more accurate than what is currently mentioned.
[AC]
Wish can be paired with Softboiled to reduce Blissey's dependence on receiving Wish
Receiving Wish for what? Imo add to this part for recovery at the end.
  • In the jellicent part appreciates is spelled as apprehiates.
[OO]
First sentence could be reworded to "Stealth Rock is almost a necessary move for any team, but it has a wide distributiom, and Blissey is hard pressed for moveslots" or something like that. First part imo should be added, last part is ehh, so you can keep the one you have after that.

Why is Rapid Spin support even mentioned for Blissey? I see little to no reason that a spinner should be suggested because...
  • It's not weak to any of them.
  • It can use Aromatherapy to heal off Toxic Spikes and also Natural Cure to get rid of it.
  • It has instant recovery to mitigate entry hazard damage.
  • Hazard damage will never do more damage than Wish or Softboiled will recover.
I kinda see Blissey as being "a Pokemon that likes Entry Hazard support and/or removal but doesn't require it" which is every Pokemon that doesn't have Magic Guard. "They are annoying" isn't really specific and you could say that about any Pokemon in the game. I don't see how it needs it any more than anything else, so why is spinning suggested?

Also, Alakazam is a really bad check. The most it can do is 48% with a Sash (its best set by far) and then Blissey can just use Thunder Wave to literally make Alakazam useless. Unless you are using a LO Psyshock (which is almost never) Alakazam will lose. Even then one on one you STILL lose because once Blissey paralyses Alakazam is is pretty much dead.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
Why is Rapid Spin support even mentioned for Blissey? I see little to no reason that a spinner should be suggested because...
  • It's not weak to any of them.
  • It can use Aromatherapy to heal off Toxic Spikes and also Natural Cure to get rid of it.
  • It has instant recovery to mitigate entry hazard damage.
  • Hazard damage will never do more damage than Wish or Softboiled will recover.
I kinda see Blissey as being "a Pokemon that likes Entry Hazard support and/or removal but doesn't require it" which is every Pokemon that doesn't have Magic Guard. "They are annoying" isn't really specific and you could say that about any Pokemon in the game. I don't see how it needs it any more than anything else, so why is spinning suggested?

Also, Alakazam is a really bad check. The most it can do is 48% with a Sash (its best set by far) and then Blissey can just use Thunder Wave to literally make Alakazam useless. Unless you are using a LO Psyshock (which is almost never) Alakazam will lose. Even then one on one you STILL lose because once Blissey paralyses Alakazam is is pretty much dead.
Hazards are annoying for any stall team to face. The reason for this is that Blissey can no longer wall common threats. Lets take the Alakazam example you talked about. SR + layer of spikes means that Blissey loses. Hazards are just extremely annoying for a stall orientated Pokemon, as it's constantly wasting a a turn by healing itself off. Wasting one turn is usually the difference between winning and losing a game for stall teams, as holding momentum is crucial.

You might be right about Alakazam, but the fact that it can 2HKO Blissey with SR is pretty big, while Blissey generally runs Toxic over Thunder Wave. I'm not disagreeing with you, but I was just listing Psyshock users in general. If this gets back up from QC members, I'm willing to edit.

Remove
Add

Approvals: Fuzznip, BKC, ginganinja

[Overview]

<p>Say hello to Blissey, considered to be the best special wall throughout the generations. Sadly, with generation 5, Blissey's usefulness diminished,.as Powerful special sweepers were brought into the metagame, and along with the introduction of Psyshock, Blissey has never been the special wall it once was. Keldeo, Alakazam, Latios, and Jirachi are all special attackers which Blissey just can't seem to handle. Blissey also faces stiff competition from Chansey, as they are near identical, while Chansey actually who has a lot more bulk whilst holding an Evolite. Jirachi and Celebi also give Blissey competition for a special wall, as they have offensive presence, and have much better typing. Unlike Chansey, Blissey can hold Leftovers, allowing it to negate the residual damage from Sand, Hail, and Entry hazards, making it much harder to wear down. Her HP is the highest of any Pokemon, and can make use of it with massive Wishes that can heal more than 300 HP for her teammates. Blissey is considered to be the best cleric in OU, thanks to her fantastic support move-pool and incredible Special bulk. While Blissey isn't perfect, and is often set up bait for a lot of sweepers, she's usually the best cleric for weather stall teams, and cannot be ignored when building a stall team. Play to her advantages, and you won't be disappointed.</p>

[SET]
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Blissey is one of the best choices if your team needs a special wall. This is mainly because of Blissey's incredible HP stat, and solid special defense, allowing it to sponge nearly any special attack. This set is often compared to Chansey, who is bulkier, but the key advantages to using Blissey are Leftovers recovery, and a usable Special Attack. This means that Blissey is more suited to weather based stall teams, as having hail / sand damage chip away at your health is really very unpleasant.</p>

<p>Wish allows you to fully heal many Pokemon regardless of whether they invest in HP themselves thanks to Blissey's incredible HP stat. Protect should only be used with Wish, as it allows Blissey to receive the Wish and scout the opponent. Softboiled is another option to reduce Blissey's reliance on Wish for recovery, and is generally a better option if you're using Blissey as a cleric instead of a Wish passer.</p>

<p>Aromatherapy allows Blissey to heal your teammates and prevents Blissey from being Toxic stalled, allowing Blissey to further support the team. Toxic allows Blissey to wear down the opponent, and is Blissey's main form of damaging the opponent, and which works well in conjunction with Protect. Thunder Wave has been slashed to better deal with fast sweepers like Venusaur and Volcarona, while also hitting Fighting-Types like Lucario and Terrakion on the switch. Seismic Toss prevents Blissey from becoming complete setup bait by sweepers (especially most Substitute users trying to avoid Toxic), and allows it to reliably damage the opposition without worrying about its low offenses.</p>

<p>Flamethrower hits most Steels immune to Toxic hard, such as Forretress, Scizor, and Ferrothorn, as well as making Blissey a better counter to Venusaur. However, it fails to guarantee a 2HKO on Ferrothorn and is less effective in a metagame which often sees Drizzle Politoed.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs have been used to maximize defenses, and while a Calm Nature is used to allow her to wall absorb Special Attackers more easily. Wish can be paired with Softboiled to reduce Blissey's dependence on receiving Wish, however Protect is generally better, as it allows you to scout your opponent, and Toxic stall, as well as gaining some health back with leftovers. If you decide to use Blissey without either Wish or Aromatherapy, Flamethrower can be used in the second slot in tandem with Seismic Toss. Fire Blast can be used in place of Flamethrower to 2HKO Skarmory and Ferrothorn, but its measly amount of PP is an issue for a defensive Pokemon, and is useless when facing rain teams.</p>

<p>Blissey functions well on stall and other defensive teams who appreciate the utility of Wish and can cover Fighting-types and physical attackers in return. Jellicent fits stall teams nicely, as Jellicent spin blocks, and appreciates Blissey's ability to heal Jellicent from status, while Jellicent can come in of Fighting type attacks like Terrakion's Close Combat and Infernape Close Combat aimed at Blissey. Latias, also has great synergy with Blissey, as it takes on Fighting type attackers like Breloom and Keldeo, who can easily muscle through Blissey. Pairing Skarmory up with Blissey creates the infamous "SkarmBliss" core. The general idea behind the core is that Skarmory takes physical attackers, while Blissey takes on special attacker. Unfortunately, this core has been less effective as generations pass, thanks to mixed attackers like Keldeo, Infernape, Hydreigon, and Kyurem-B easily beating this core. Bulky Grass-Types like Celebi, Roserade, and Amoonguss can all check Keldeo and at the same time check Breloom, making them pretty decent partners for Blissey.</p>

<p>Entry hazards are annoying for Blissey to switch into, so having a rapid spinner is important makes sense here. Tentacruel and Forretress can both Rapid Spin, and they both appreciate Blissey's huge wishes and ability to come in on special attacks. However, Tentacruel is only a good spinner in Rain, so defensive Starmie is also a very viable option, as Starmie has decent synergy with Blissey as Starmie can come in on Fighting types like Keldeo and Terrakion. Ferrothorn can check Dragon Dance users, as well as Latios and Kyurem-B, but they share a fighting weakness, meaning you have to be careful when using both Ferrothorn and Blissey on the same team. Finally, Landorus-T is one of the best switch in's to Terrakion and Scizor, two Pokemon that often use Blissey as set up bait.</p>

<p>The main advantages of using Blissey over instead of Chansey, is that Blissey is better on weather based teams, so Hippowdon, Abomasnow, and Tyranitar all make for good partners. If you're using a rain / sun team, or a weather-less team, be sure to check if Chansey isn't a better option for your team. Also be wary that pairing Blissey with Tyranitar or Abomasnow increases your weaknesses to fighting type attacks, so make sure you cover their weaknesses.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Stealth Rock is a move that literally every team must have, but there are so many Pokemon that learn it, so Blissey should rarely ever need it. Stealth Rock also allows you to out stall Gengar, but has little use outside of that. Blissey also has Thunderbolt many other Special Attacks, but she really does not have the space for them, and they are pitifully weak for such a low un-invested Special Attack. However, Ice Beam can hit several Dragons hard, such as Garchomp and Salamence.</p>

<p>Blissey can use Calm Mind to boost her high Special Defense and her mediocre Special Attack, but she is still weak to physical attacks, such as from Scizor and Breloom, and is often forced out pretty quickly. Light Screen is an option, but that is better left to Pokemon like Cresselia or Bronzong, who have access to Reflect as well. Serene Grace increases the chances of secondary effects, like Ice Beam's chance to freeze, but Natural Cure is generally the better option, because Blissey generally does not stay in for too many turns. Natural Cure also allows Blissey to recover from Poison and Burns, which would otherwise cripple her. Counter and Gravity are less orthodox options, but can work, due to Blissey's insane HP stat.</p>

<p>Gravity also allows you to use more powerful moves on Blissey, like Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire Blast, but it's gimmicky at best. Skill Swap can be used to stop Reuniclus from destroying your team, but Blissey is hit hard by Psyshock. Psych Up has some value in that it can go through substitutes and this steals defensive boosts like a Quiver Dance or a CM boost from a Jirachi, Reuniclus or Celebi, however it has little use outside of that. Blissey has some gimmicky options in Defense Curl, Sing, and Charm, but Blissey has better things to do.</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

<p>The large list of Fighting types in OU are the best way to keep Blissey in check; Terrakion, Breloom, Keldeo, Infernape, Conkeldurr, and Lucario are all Pokemon that can switch in pretty easily and force Blissey out. However, they must be wary of Thunder Wave. Any strong physical attacker with high-powered STAB attacks or Fighting-type coverage can muscle past Blissey. Kyurem-B has a titanic base 170 attack and a strong STAB in the form of Outage, while Blissey can't scratch it back. Strong Ground and Dragon types like Garchomp, Banded Dragonite, and Double Dance Landorus-T can easily get past Blissey or force it out.</p>

<p>Jirachi is immune to Toxic, and can set up 101 HP Substitutes to allow it to get multiple Calm Minds in without getting worn down by Seismic Toss. It can also paralyze Blissey and flinch it down with Iron Head, or trick a Choice Scarf onto it. Other bulky CM sweepers like Reuniclus also give it hell thanks to Magic Guard and Recover. Stall breakers like Gliscor, Reuniclus, and Gengar easily force Blissey to switch. Gliscor is immune to status and has Taunt, thanks to Poison Heal and it's higher base speed. Reuniclus has Magic Guard and can use Blissey as set up bait for the Calm Mind set. Gengar is immune to Toxic and Seismic Toss and can use Blissey's own health to it's advantage via Pain Split and can also carry Taunt.</p>

<p>While Blissey used to take on most Psychic types easily, with the release of Psyshock, it's a much different story. Latios, Alakazam, and Reuniclus can get past Blissey easily with this attack, as it attacks Blissey on her much lower physical defense. Other Trick users, like Latios and Rotom-W, cripple Blissey by replacing her beloved Leftovers with a handicap.</p>

{I am not a GP, simply applying to become one and I need practice :)}

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
クレセリア
Hi there, thank you very much for your GP check, I really appreciate it. I'm going to be using most of your changes for grammar, however I dunno if I agree with your changes to some sections, mainly OO and the comparison to Chansey. I'm going to be speaking about OO first.

I think that the other options I listed do have some merit for Blissey. I dunno if I feel comfortable with making all of these changes, but I'm willing to do so if other GP members feel I should make the change too. When I compare Blissey and Chansey, I think it's very important that the reader notices how similar they are, so they should be using Blissey to her advantages.

"The main advantages of using Blissey over instead of Chansey, is that Blissey is better on weather based teams, so Hippowdon, Abomasnow, and Tyranitar all make for good partners. If you're using a rain / sun team, or a weather-less team, be sure to check if Chansey isn't a better option for your team. Also be wary that pairing Blissey with Tyranitar or Abomasnow increases your weaknesses to fighting type attacks, so make sure you cover their weaknesses."

I really feel like this shouldn't be removed, as Blissey should be used mainly on weather based stall teams. On weatherless / rain / sun stall, it's very hard for Blissey to make her stand out from Chansey, so making sure the reader understands this I think is pretty important.

As for your counters section changes, Reuniclus and other Psyshock users weren't originally there, but they were added by QC, so I don't think they should be removed either. Again, if a GP member feels strongly about these changes, I am willing to to change it, but for now I'm going to keep it the same.

Again, thank you very much for your check, and your grammar fixes have been included in the OP.

ShootinStarmie
there are a lot of capitalization errors and stuff. While gp can fix that, imo to reduce the burden they have, check the spelling and grammar standards. The previous amcheck also brought some grammatical issues. Unfortunately I'm on my phone so can't amcheck.
EDIT-
Ok, so here goes the amcheck, most of the crap I've done is grammatical
Additions in Bloo
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[Overview]

<p>Say hello to Blissey, considered to be the best special wall throughout the generations(Personally, I'd reword this or at least say 'earlier generations'). Sadly, with generation 5, Blissey's usefulness has diminished. as Ppowerful special sweepers(I'd say attackers, but your choice) were brought into the metagame. along wWith the introduction of Psyshock, Blissey has will never been the special wall it once was(This is the only way I can change it without rewording). Keldeo, Alakazam, Latios, and Jirachi are all among the special attackers which Blissey just can't seem to handle. Blissey also faces stiff competition from Chansey, who has a lot more overall bulk whilst holding an Evolite(I thought QC agreed eviolite wasn't gonna be mentioned?). Jirachi and Celebi also give Blissey competition for a special wall, as they have a lot more offensive presence, and have much better typing(Blissey does have SOME offensive presence, that's one of its main selling points). However, Blissey can still differentiate itself from its competitors. Unlike Chansey, Blissey can hold Leftovers, allowing it to negate the residual damage from Ssand, Hhail, and Eentry hazards, making it much harder to wear down. Her(Uhh, give it the same gender. Last sentence you called Blissey 'it' and now her? that's kinda confusing imo)HP is the highest of any Pokemon, and it/her(depending on what you use throughout the analysis)can make use of it with the ability to pass on massive Wishes that can heal more than 300 HP for her teammates(mentioning 300 is kinda unnecessary, just mention that it heals most Pokemon back to full health or so). Blissey is considered to be the one of the best clerics in OU, thanks to her fantastic support move-pool and incredible Sspecial bulk. While Blissey isn't perfect, and is often set up bait for a lot of sweepers(I think this part can be mentioned earlier in the overview), she's usually the best cleric for weather stall teams, and cannot be ignored(I wouldn't say 'cannot be ignored'; maybe 'is a worthy candidate for any stall team' or something like that) when building a stall team.</p>

[SET]
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Blissey is one of the best choices if your team needs a special wall(Imo reword to 'Blissey is one of the best choices for a special wall in the OU metagame). This is mainly because of Blissey's incredible HP stat, and solid sSpecial dDefense, allowing it to sponge nearly any special attack(merge with first sentence, also reword special attack to 'specially based attack' to avoid confusions). This set is often compared to that of Chansey, who is bulkier, but the it has some key advantages to using Blissey are such as lLeftovers recovery, and a usable Special Attack. This means that Blissey is more suited to weather based stall teams, as not having hail / sand damage chip damage from sand or hail away at your health is very unpleasant means that it won't get worn down as easily.</p>

<p>Wish allows you Blissey(Don't refer to a Pokemon as 'you') to fully heal many most Pokemon regardless of whether they invest in HP themselves thanks to Blissey's incredible HP stat. Protect should only be used in conjunction with Wish, as it allows Blissey to receive the recover health from Wish and scout the opponent. Softboiled is another option to reduce Blissey's reliance on Wish for recovery, and is generally a better option if you're using Blissey as a cleric instead of a Wish passer used in conjunction with Aromatherapy.</p>

<p>Aromatherapy allows Blissey to heal your its teammates and prevents Blissey from being Toxic stalled, allowing Blissey to further support the team even further.(Last part imo seemed better, ignore it if you like) Toxic allows Blissey to wear down the opponentsing Pokemon, and is Blissey's main form of damaging them opponent,(RC). which It works well in conjunction with Protect(add explanation; i'm not sure how to phrase it atm, just 'it works well with protect as protect helps get more residual damage'). Thunder Wave has been is slashed to as it better deal with cripples fast sweepers like Venusaur and Volcarona(Has QC decided on mentioning it? It's still important as Speed is a big thing for Volc, and taking it away means an RK; but idk how stall will do that :c), while also hitting deterring Fighting-Types like Lucario and Terrakion on the switch from setting up on it. Seismic Toss deals consistent damage to opposing Pokemon, and prevents Blissey from becoming complete setup bait, while breaking the Substitutes of setup sweepers who utilize it to avoid status by sweepers (especially most Substitute users trying to avoid Toxic), and allows it to reliably damage the opposition without worrying about its low offenses.</p>
(Merge these two paragraphs or all three, whatever suits you, but imo merge all three)
<p>Flamethrower hits most Steel-types immune to Toxic hard, such as Forretress, Scizor, and Ferrothorn, hard. as well as It also makesing Blissey a better counter to Venusaur, as it can 2HKO it in sun. However, it fails to guarantee a 2HKO on (standard? imo add)Ferrothorn and is less effective in a metagame whereich often sees Drizzle Politoed rain is ubiquitous.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given EVs have been used to maximize Blissey's defenses bulk, with the remaining EVs being added into HP.while aA Calm Nature is used to allow her(remember, keep the gender same) to absorb handle Sspecially based Aattacks more easily better. Wish can be paired with Softboiled to reduce Blissey's dependence on receiving Wish, however but Protect is generally better, as it allows you to scout your the opposingnent Pokemon's moves,(RC) and Toxic stall, as well as gaining some health back with lLeftovers. If you decide to use Blissey without either Wish or Aromatherapy, Flamethrower can be used in the second slot in tandem with Seismic Toss. Fire Blast can be used in place of Flamethrower to 2HKO Skarmory and Ferrothorn, but its measly amount of PP is an issue for a defensive Pokemon due to it being stalled out easily, and is useless when facing rain teams.</p>

<p>Blissey functions well on stall and other defensive teams who appreciate the utility of Wish,(AC) and can cover Fighting-types and physical attackers in return. Jellicent fits stall teams nicely, as Jellicent it (only one subject so no need to clarify) spin(remove space)blocks(or just say that it prevents hazards from being spun away), and appreciates Blissey's ability to heal rid Jellicent it from of status, while Jellicent can come in ofn Fighting-type Pokemon like ,(AC)such as Terrakion and Infernape,(AC) who often switch in on Blissey. Latias,(RC) also has great synergy with Blissey, as it takes on Fighting-type attackers(you said Pokemon in the last sentence, imo change attackers to Pokemon) like such as Breloom and Keldeo, who can easily muscle through Blissey. Pairing Skarmory up with Blissey creates the infamous "SkarmBliss" core. The general idea behind the core is that Skarmory takes physical attackers, while Blissey takes on special attacker. Unfortunately, although this core hais been a lot less effective as than it was in previous generations pass, thanks to mixed attackers like due to most wallbreakers such as Keldeo, Infernape, Hydreigon, and Kyurem-B easily beating this core. Bulky Grass-Types like such as Celebi, Roserade, and Amoonguss can all check counter(they are like some of its best counters lol)Keldeo, and at the same time check while being able to counter Breloom as well, making them pretty decent great partners for Blissey.</p>

<p>Entry hazards are annoying for Blissey to switch into('annoying' isn't the correct word, say something like they wear it down easily), so having a rapid spinner is important Pokemon with access to Rapid Spin is very helpful for it. Tentacruel and Forretress can both use Rapid Spin,(RC) and they both appreciate recovery from Blissey's huge wWishes and ability to come in on specially based attacksers. However, Tentacruel is only a good spinner in Rrain(not true; it's used in Hail Stall), so defensive Starmie is also a very viable option, as Starmie has decent synergy with Blissey as Starmie can come in on Fighting types like Keldeo and Terrakion(stahp whoring urself lel don't use 'as' inside another 'as'). Ferrothorn can check Dragon Dance users, as well as Latios and Kyurem-B(lol isn't that like every dragon except maybe latias; imo reword), but they share a fighting weakness to Fighting-type moves, meaning you have to be careful when using both Ferrothorn and Blissey on the same team. Finally, Landorus-T is one of the best switch-in'(remove apostrophe)s to Terrakion and Scizor, two Pokemon that often use Blissey as set up bait.</p>
URGH I'm feeling lazy so after this just grammar changes
<p>The main advantages of using Blissey over Chansey is that Blissey is better in weather based teams, so Hippowdon, Abomasnow, and Tyranitar all make for good partners. If you're using a rain / sun team, or a weather-less team, be sure to check if Chansey isn't a better option for your team(say chansey is a better option in sun or rain teams usually). Also be wary that pairing Blissey with Tyranitar or Abomasnow increases compounds your weaknesses to fFighting-type attacks, so make sure you cover their weaknesses.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Stealth Rock is a move that literally every team must have, but there are so many Pokemon that learn it, so Blissey should rarely ever need it. Stealth Rock also allows you Blissey to out(remove space)stall Gengar, but it has little use outside of that. Blissey also has many other Sspecially based Aattacks, but she really does not have the space for them, and they are pitifully weak for coming off such a low un-invested Special Attack.</p>

<p>Blissey can use Calm Mind to boost her high Special Defense and her mediocre Special Attack, but she is still weak susceptible to physical attacks and is often forced out pretty quickly(by?). Light Screen is an option, but that is better left to Pokemon like Cresselia or Bronzong, who have access to Reflect as well. Serene Grace increases the chances of secondary effects, like Ice Beam's chance to freeze, but Natural Cure is generally the better option, because Blissey generally does not stay in for too many turns(just say abhors status). Natural Cure also allows Blissey to recover from Ppoison, which would otherwise cripple her. Counter and Gravity are less orthodox options, but can work, due to Blissey's insane HP stat.</p>

<p>Gravity also allows you Blissey to use more powerful moves on Blissey, like such as Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire Blast, but it's gimmicky at best. Skill Swap can be used to stop rob Reuniclus of Magic Guard and hence prevent it from destroying sweeping your team, but Blissey is hit hard by Psyshock. Psych Up has some value in that it can go work through sSubstitutes and this steals defensive boosts like a Quiver Dance or a Calm Mind boost from a the likes of Jirachi, Reuniclus or Celebi, however,(AC) it has little use outside of that. Blissey has some gimmicky options in Defense Curl, Sing, and Charm, but Blissey it has better things to do.</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

<p>The large list of Fighting-types in OU are the best way to keep Blissey in check&mdash; Terrakion, Breloom, Keldeo, Infernape, Conkeldurr, and Lucario are all Pokemon that can switch in pretty easily and force Blissey out. However, they most of them(conk eats yo twave 4 breakfast)must be wary of Thunder Wave. Any strong physical attacker with high-powered STAB attacks or Fighting-type coverage can muscle past Blissey. Kyurem-B has a titanic base 170 attack and a strong STAB in the form of Outage, while Blissey can't scratch hurt it back. Strong Ground- and Dragon-types like such as Garchomp, Choice Banded Dragonite, and Double Dance Landorus-T can easily get past Blissey or force it out.</p>

<p>Jirachi is immune to Toxic, and can set up 101 HP Substitutes,(AC) to allowing it to get multiple Calm Minds boost its Special Attack and Special Defense in without getting worn down by Seismic Toss. It can also paralyze Blissey and flinch it down with Iron Head, or tTrick a Choice Scarf onto it. Other bulky Calm Mind sweepers like Reuniclus also give it hell thanks to Magic Guard and Recover.
Stall(Remove space)breakers like Gliscor, Reuniclus, and Gengar easily force Blissey to switch. Gliscor is immune to status and has Taunt(put the Taunt part first), thanks to Poison Heal and it's higher base speed. Reuniclus has Magic Guard and Calm Mind sets can use Blissey as set(remove space)up bait for the Calm Mind set. Gengar is immune to Toxic and Seismic Toss,(AC) and can use Blissey's own health to it's advantage via Pain Split and.(add full stop) It can also carry Taunt, allowing it to shut it down.</p>

<p>While Blissey used to be able to take on most Psychic-types easily, with the release(advent MIGHT be a better word here imo) of Psyshock, it's a much different story. (imo should be removed keep it if you like)Latios, Alakazam, and Reuniclus can get past Blissey easily with this attack(if you made the previous change), as it attacks Blissey on her much lower physical defense. Other Pokemon that commonly use the move Trick users, like such as Latios and Rotom-W, cripple Blissey by replacing her beloved Leftovers with a handicap by locking it into a single move.</p>

FINALLY DID IT
amcheck 1/billion

Last edited:
sorry kingler12345, not stamping the check, mainly because the pink was too much for me >_>. use green next time. also, if you want to reword it, reword it. ss isnt obligated to make the changes, so do them. i dont want to stamp a check covered in comments as any rewording made by the author needs checks as well. it wasn't a bad check, it just lacked conviction. however, if another gp disagrees please tell me >_>

ss - if you want to use "her" as a pronoun for Blissey, use it consistently.
[Overview]

<p>Say hello to Blissey, considered to be the best special wall throughout the generations. Sadly, with generation 5, Blissey's usefulness has diminished. Powerful special sweepers were brought into the metagame along with the introduction of Psyshock, meaning Blissey has never been cannot be the special wall it she once was. Keldeo, Alakazam, Latios, and Jirachi are all special attackers which Blissey just can't seem to handle. Blissey also faces stiff competition from Chansey, who has a lot more bulk whilst holding an Eviolite (idk if qc has ever mentioned eviolite, but it is the reason to use chansey over blissey, so I think it should be mentioned). Jirachi and Celebi also give Blissey competition for as a special wall, as they have offensive presence, and have much better typing. However, Uunlike Chansey, Blissey can hold Leftovers, allowing it her to negate the residual damage from Ssand, Hhail, and Eentry hazards, making it much harder to wear her down. Her HP is the highest of any Pokemon, and can make use of it with massive Wishes that can heal more than 300 HP for her teammates. Blissey is considered to be the best cleric in OU, thanks to her fantastic support move-(remove hyphen)pool and incredible Sspecial bulk. While Blissey isn't perfect, and is often set(remove space)up bait for a lot of sweepers, she's usually the best cleric for weather stall teams, and cannot be ignored must be considered when building a stall team.</p>

[SET]
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Blissey is one of the best choices if your team needs a special wall. This is mainly because of Blissey's incredible HP stat,(RC) and solid sSpecial dDefense, allowing it to sponge nearly any special attack. This set is often compared to Chansey, who is bulkier, but the key advantages to using Blissey are lLeftovers recovery,(RC) and a usable Special Attack. This means that Blissey is more suited to weather based stall teams, as having hail / or sand damage chip away at your health is very unpleasant.</p>

<p>Wish allows you Blissey to fully heal many Pokemon regardless of whether they invest in HP themselves thanks to Blissey's incredible HP stat. Protect should only be used with Wish, as it allows Blissey to receive the Wish and scout the opponent. Softboiled is another option to reduce Blissey's reliance on Wish for recovery, and is generally a better option if you're using Blissey as a cleric instead of a Wish passer.</p> This can all be one paragraph.

<p>
Aromatherapy allows Blissey to heal your her teammates and prevents Blissey from being Toxic stalled, allowing Blissey to further support the team. Toxic allows Blissey to wear down the opponent, and is Blissey's main form way of damaging the opponent, which works well in conjunction with Protect. Thunder Wave has been slashed to better deal with fast sweepers like Venusaur and Volcarona, while also hitting Fighting-Ttypes like such as Lucario and Terrakion on the switch. Seismic Toss prevents Blissey from becoming complete setup bait by sweepers (especially most Substitute users trying to avoid Toxic), and allows it her to reliably damage the opposition without worrying about its her low offenses.</p>

<p>
Flamethrower hits most Steel-types immune to Toxic hard, such as Forretress, Scizor, and Ferrothorn, as well as making and makes Blissey a better counter to Venusaur. However, it fails to guarantee a 2HKO on Ferrothorn and is less effective in a rain-filled metagame which often sees Drizzle Politoed.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs have been used to maximize defenses, while a Calm Nature is used to allow her to absorb Sspecial Aattacks more easily. Wish can be paired with Softboiled to reduce Blissey's dependence on receiving Wish, however,(AC) Protect is generally better, as it allows you to scout your opponent,(RC) and Toxic stall, as well as gaining some health back with lLeftovers. If you decide to use Blissey without either Wish or Aromatherapy, Flamethrower can be used in the second slot in tandem with Seismic Toss. Fire Blast can be used in place of Flamethrower to 2HKO Skarmory and Ferrothorn, but its measly amount of PP is an issue for a defensive Pokemon, and is useless when facing rain teams.</p>

<p>Blissey functions well on stall and other defensive teams who which appreciate the utility of Wish and can cover Fighting-types and physical attackers in return. Jellicent fits stall teams nicely, as Jellicent spin blocks, and appreciates Blissey's ability to heal Jellicent from status, while Jellicent can come in of on Fighting-(add hyphen)types like such as Terrakion and Infernape whom often switch in on Blissey. Latias,(RC) also has great synergy with Blissey, as it takes on Fighting-(hyphen)type attackers like such as Breloom and Keldeo, both of whom can easily muscle through Blissey. Pairing Skarmory up with Blissey creates the infamous "SkarmBliss" core. The general idea behind the core is that Skarmory takes physical attackers, while Blissey takes on special attacker. Unfortunately, this core has been less effective as generations pass become less effective, thanks to mixed attackers like such as Keldeo, Infernape, Hydreigon, and Kyurem-B easily beating this core. Bulky Grass-Ttypes like such as Celebi, Roserade, and Amoonguss can all check Keldeo, and at the same time check Breloom, making them pretty decent partners for Blissey.</p>

<p>Entry hazards are annoying for Blissey to switch into, so having a rapid spinner is important. Tentacruel and Forretress can both Rapid Spin, and they both appreciate Blissey's huge wishes and her ability to come in on special attacks. However, Tentacruel is only a good spinner in Rrain, so defensive Starmie is also a very viable option, as Starmie has decent synergy with Blissey as Starmie can , being able to come in on Fighting-(hyphen)types like such as Keldeo and Terrakion. Ferrothorn can check Dragon Dance users, as well as Latios and Kyurem-B, but they share a fFighting weakness, meaning you that have to be careful when using both Ferrothorn and Blissey on the same team. Finally, Landorus-T is one of the best switch-(hyphen)in's to Terrakion and Scizor, two Pokemon that often use Blissey as set(remove space)up bait.</p>

<p>The main advantages of using Blissey over Chansey is that Blissey is better in weather-(hyphen)based teams, so Hippowdon, Abomasnow, and Tyranitar all make for good partners. If you're using a rain / or sun team, or a weather-(hyphen)less team, be sure to check if Chansey isn't a better option for your team. Also be wary that pairing Blissey with Tyranitar or Abomasnow increases your weaknesses to fighting type Fighting-type attacks, so make sure you cover their weaknesses.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS][Other Options]

<p>Stealth Rock is a move that literally every team must have, but there are so many Pokemon that learn it, so Blissey should rarely ever need it. Stealth Rock also allows you to out stall stall out Gengar, but has little use outside of that. Blissey also has many other Sspecial Aattacks, but she really does not have the space for them, and they are pitifully weak for such a low un-(hyphen)invested Special Attack.</p>

<p>Blissey can use Calm Mind to boost her high Special Defense and her mediocre Special Attack, but she is still weak to physical attacks and is often forced out pretty quickly. Light Screen is an option, but that is better left to Pokemon like Cresselia or Bronzong,(RC) who have access to Reflect as well. Serene Grace increases the chances of secondary effects, like Ice Beam's chance to freeze, but Natural Cure is generally the better option,(RC) because Blissey generally does not stay in for too many turns. Natural Cure also allows Blissey to recover from Ppoison, which would otherwise cripple her. Counter and Gravity are less orthodox options, but can work,(RC) due to Blissey's insane HP stat.</p>

<p>Gravity also allows you to use more powerful moves on Blissey, like such as Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire Blast, but it's gimmicky at best. Skill Swap can be used to stop Reuniclus from destroying your team, but Blissey is hit hard by Psyshock. Psych Up has some value in that it can go through sSubstitutes and this steals defensive boosts like a Quiver Dance or a CM Calm Mind boost from a Jirachi, Reuniclus or Celebi, however it has little use outside of that. Blissey has some gimmicky options in Defense Curl, Sing, and Charm, but Blissey has better things to do.</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS][Checks and Counters]

<p>The large list of Fighting-(hyphen)types in OU are the best way to keep Blissey in check; Terrakion, Breloom, Keldeo, Infernape, Conkeldurr, and Lucario are all Pokemon that can switch in pretty easily and force Blissey out. However, they must be wary of Thunder Wave. Any strong physical attacker with high-powered STAB attacks or Fighting-type coverage can muscle past Blissey. Kyurem-B has a titanic base 170 aAttack and a strong STAB in the form of Outage, while Blissey can't scratch it back. Strong Ground-(hyphen) and Dragon-(hyphen)types like Garchomp, Banded Dragonite, and Double Dance Landorus-T can easily get past Blissey or force it out.</p>

<p>Jirachi is immune to Toxic, and can set up 101 HP Substitutes to allow it to get multiple Calm Minds in without getting worn down by Seismic Toss. It can also paralyze Blissey and flinch it her down with Iron Head, or trick a Choice Scarf onto it her. Other bulky CM Calm Mind sweepers like Reuniclus also give it hell thanks to Magic Guard and Recover.(remove line break)
Stall(remove space)breakers like Gliscor, Reuniclus, and Gengar easily force Blissey to switch. Gliscor is immune to status and has Taunt, thanks to Poison Heal and it'(apostrophe)s higher base sSpeed. Reuniclus has Magic Guard and can use Blissey as set up bait for the Calm Mind set. Gengar is immune to Toxic and Seismic Toss and can use Blissey's own health to it'(apostrophe)s advantage via Pain Split and can also carry Taunt.</p>

<p>While Blissey used to take on most Psychic-(hyphen)types easily, with the release of Psyshock, it's a much different story. Latios, Alakazam, and Reuniclus can get past Blissey easily with this attack, as it attacks Blissey on her much lower physical defense. Other Trick users, like Latios and Rotom-W, cripple Blissey by replacing her beloved Leftovers with a handicap.</p>

1/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)