Tournament BLT: Group Stages Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by sirDonovan, Credit to Scene for the layout
Welcome to the first week of the Best Leaderboarders Tournament! The format of this tournament is simple: there will be 2 groups with 4 teams in each. Within each group, the four teams face each of the other three teams in their group once. After three weeks, the teams will be ranked (3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). The top two teams advance from their groups, while the rest are eliminated. From here, the top 4 teams that advance will verse each other in single elimination format, for the semi-finals and then finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon ORAS tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS. Series are best of one.

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

• Sportsmanship: don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment for this could be a server ban (which means an instant loss for you), forum infraction or disqualification. Think before you type, please.

• Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, I'll have to make some activity calls - I'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry.

• Disconnections and timer: a timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.

• Ghosting and identity: don't take or give battle advice or make moves based on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught and you will be disqualified. Don't be silly.

• Substitutions: managers are free to sub in players for inactive ones at any stage of the tournament

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

Black Group
Humilau Huntails (Feliburn) - Lummiose Luxrays (Acast)
Blackthorn Bisharps (Swirlyder) - Anistar Aegislashes (TheEpicBro)
Humilau Huntails (2) vs. (5) Lumiose Luxrays

Ubers: BreloomMyHomie (TechSupportBreloom) vs. Dream Eater Gengar
OU: XtC BlakkOutZ vs. Jefo
UU: Arifeen vs. petyer
RU: nuggetman vs. Trade
NU: Hyuhyy vs. Metaphysical
LC: Anditeo vs. Uberbully (Coinstalker)
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Majore D' Mawile

Blackthorn Bisharps (2) vs. (4) Anistar Aegislashes

Ubers: Freeroamer vs. Valetta
OU: Lepros vs. Genesis7
UU: Sae Sae vs. LiberalLucario
RU: Stall Hater vs. Scald
NU: Megazard Z vs. AV99
LC: Mihkae Pham (Twakked Out) vs. FlareonZ
Doubles OU: miltankmilk vs. SupahGassy

White Group

Orebrugh Onixes (Jetpack) - Ever Grande Explouds (antemortem)
Anville Arcanines (Airwolf) - Geosenge Garchomps (Jack Dalton)

Oreburgh Onixes (5) vs. (2) Ever Grande Explouds

Ubers: Angeela vs. Catniss Everdeen
OU: ready2go202 vs. Updated Kanto
UU: naruto(sage) vs. Jariibo
RU: Imanalt vs. After Hours
NU: mayomayo vs. Criticality
LC: jeran vs. OP
Doubles OU: BattleFight (Battles123) vs. BLOOD TOTEM

Anville Arcanines (4) vs. (3) Geosenge Garchomps

Ubers: SupaFreez vs. Wombology
OU: HeiDoe (Snowydoe) vs. IvoPost
UU: mj20 vs. Vapo
RU: A Random Duck vs. soTsoT
NU: Pedrorealmadrid7 vs. iplaytennislol
LC: manu 11 vs. TerribleThomas
Doubles OU: Croven vs. unfixable

To the players: Remember to use the Indigo Plateau room to discuss everything about BLT and find your opponents! This week ends April 19th at 5:00 PM EST. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Who even likes Arcanine? It's a dog. Literally a dog. A fiery one no doubt. Who can hug that? Nobody. Want to get yourself a third degree burn? Well, be my guest. Arcanine is the worst Pokemon I have ever seen aesthetically. And you know what? It's shit competitively as well. A Stealth Rock weakness? Low Speed? Mediocre Attack stat? Terrible movepool? Bad abilities? Hello?! To even further this, Arcanine is outclassed in literally every single role it would try to accomplish. Choice Band? Victini. Choice Band if you want to be adventurous? Entei. Choice Specs? Heatran. Choice Scarf? Heatran. Anything Arcanine tries to accomplish? Any other Fire-type. Don't even get me started about the name. What the hell is an anville? Are you going for the iron beams? It's anvil, sweetie! Let's say it was anvil, perhaps. We go to synonyms and get plover. Plover means blacksmith or game bird. Let's look up a picture of plovers, shall we? What kind of weak ass bird is this? Seriously? Your team, when translated, becomes the Bird Arcanines. How does that even make any sense? How do you expect to stand a chance in a tournament as grueling as this? Good luck, Airwolf, you're going to need it!

Now, the Geosenge Garchomps. Garchomp is an actually useful Pokemon. Do you remember when it got banned? I do! When has Arcanine made OU? In the last six generations, Arcanine's highest slot was BL. Garchomp made OU in two consecutive generations, and made Ubers in another. Garchomp easily beats Arcanine as well. A land shark with monumental power and a slick design? Sign me right up! How can the two even be compared in just one round? Garchomp is completely superior to Arcanine because I like it more, it's a fact! Now, for the Geosenge Garchomp's name. Geosange. Sounds French, no? Well you know what happens in this town? The Ultimate Weapon is created. Not only is this the most powerful in the in-game, but it also means we're cooler than you.

Seriously, there's not even a competition. Geosenge Garchomps are going to stomp the Anville Arcanines, gg.

p.s. antemortem is bad

p.p.s good luck to both sides :3. this is just a joke, and i hope we both have good games. arcanine is still worse than garchomp though.

Ace

ᴅ ᴇ ᴀ ᴅ
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will take great pleasure in replying to your post unfixable once the Garchomps are buried.

Even though the team with the mascot that is known as the LEGENDARY Pokemon has got this in the bag, good luck nonetheless.

Psych

Formerly Royal Pains
unfixable , to go along with your point. It is becoming clear to me now. if Anville Arcanines means Bird Arcanines, and Arcanine is a canine/dog creature, then it is very clear to me that Airwolf is using this tournament as a self-glorification technique. Bird Canine, Birds fly in the AIR. Canine can also be a WOLF. if we combine these it is very clear to me that Airwolf has some master plan above this whole tournament. you heard it here first people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)